• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜

we became the monsters our parents warned us about at night.

• tab one.

Welcome to Diamond Academy.

Whether you're here because your parents or guardian sent you here or because the school officials found you, there's no going back. You're here because you're special. Gifted. Powerful. Diamond Academy for the Gifted is no ordinary high school-- it's a school for those with powers. Located deep in the mountains of Wyoming, it's well hidden from prying eyes and regular humans. Because you, my child, are far from normal.

No matter when your powers manifested, whether you've had them from birth or later in life, you can't escape the prying eyes of the officials. Students come from all over the world to attend Diamond Academy, as it's one of the few of it's style, and quite prominent in the 'gifted' world. You'll have your regular classes, like English, Math, Science, and all of that. However, you'll also have classes where you learn to control your gift.

The number one rule at Diamond Academy is you are not allowed to harm other students or the faculty. Now this isn't to say that accidents don't happen, right? But you don't want to get expelled from Diamond, because how are you supposed to live in the regular world without being properly trained with your gift? You can't. There are facilities all around that you will be sent to if you prove unwilling to cooperate with the officials. Prison-like facilities that you definitely do not want to go to.

But just who are these officials? Has anyone ever met them? And just what is their true purpose? Their true goal?

coded by weldherwings.

Welcome to Diamond Academy
Whether you're here because your parents or guardian sent you here or because the school officials found you, there's no going back. You're here because you're special. Gifted. Powerful. Diamond Academy for the Gifted is no ordinary high school-- it's a school for those with powers. Located deep in the mountains of Wyoming, it's well hidden from prying eyes and regular humans. Because you, my child, are far from normal.

No matter when your powers manifested, whether you've had them from birth or later in life, you can't escape the prying eyes of the officials. Students come from all over the world to attend Diamond Academy, as it's one of the few of it's style, and quite prominent in the 'gifted' world. You'll have your regular classes, like English, Math, Science, and all of that. However, you'll also have classes where you learn to control your gift.

The number one rule at Diamond Academy is you are not allowed to harm other students or the faculty. Now this isn't to say that accidents don't happen, right? But you don't want to get expelled from Diamond, because how are you supposed to live in the regular world without being properly trained with your gift? You can't. There are facilities all around that you will be sent to if you prove unwilling to cooperate with the officials. Prison-like facilities that you definitely do not want to go to.

But just who are these officials? Has anyone ever met them? And just what is their true purpose? Their true goal?

About The Plot
So this is a standard high school roleplay with a twist, because who doesn't like powers? We're looking for your typical cliques and stereotypes: popular, princess/prince, emo, bitchy, stoner/druggie, drama queen, wild child, innocent/sweet, cheerleader, jock, nerd, etc. We're also looking for your character to have a power with an acceptable drawback, and we would like to see no one use the same power twice (no copycats, please). Your characters history (both with their power and otherwise) is definitely up to you!

This will be both plot driven and character driven. As hinted at in the plot, there may be something else going on as opposed to just the normal high school drama. Up until this point, your character attended a regular school, only coming to Diamond for their high school years (grades 9-12). For this roleplay, we'll probably have an age range of about 16-18.

As of right now, we do not have a limit to how many people we are going to accept, but please keep in mind that could change if we get too much interest. We're not trying to have a huge group, so it will just depend on how much interest we gather.

Rules
1. Be polite and respectful. If you can't manage this, you will be kicked, and YC will be killed off.

2. No rushing people for replies. I'd like this RP to last and people hate being rushed. But at the same time, I want this roleplay to be active, so if you aren't going to be active, please do not express interest or make a CS. I get that things come up, that's not what I'm talking about.

3. Quality over quantity. No one liners. There is a 2 paragraph minimum per post.

4. Roles/Stereotypes are not gender locked. (Exception: prince/princess)

5. _amaranth_ _amaranth_ is my co-gm. Please respect her, her word is law like mine!

6. Romance isn't a must, but it's encouraged/enjoyed by most. (Note, I said most). But don't break RPN's rules.

7. Be mature. Not saying this RP is going to break RPN's rules, but i'm saying there may be mature topics/triggers. Do not bash anyone's character or anything like that.

8. On the topic of triggers, please be respectful. Do some research if you have to. Triggers are nothing to take lightly, and if someone gets upset, don't bash them for getting upset. Warn us if your post or character has triggers/trigger warnings.

9. If you have an issue with someone, come to me first. Or be a big person and actually talk to them about it.

10. There will be a discord for ooc chatter.

Last edited:
Sounds cool

How many characters can we have? Also do you have a category system for the powers or something? And, last but no least, where do these powers come from?

Sounds cool

How many characters can we have? Also do you have a category system for the powers or something? And, last but no least, where do these powers come from?

We didn't discuss a character limit, but for right now I'll say no more than 2. That could change in the future, though.

We do not have a category system, you're welcome to use any power with an acceptable drawback (or multiple drawbacks).

As far as where the powers come from, the characters would be born with them. If you have a different idea, though, feel free to run it by us!

oh, I see...though ooc is pretty essential in discussing the relationships and plotting and so we are wondering if you could keep up without talking to the others ?

I think I could maybe, and if it doesn't work out could we do an ooc here at rpn? If not then I could just remove my character.

I'm also unable to use discord

I did say that discord would be where the OOC is, but I would never say you HAVE to use it. However, my co-gm and I have decided that's where our OOC chatter will be held, so please keep that in mind before deciding to make a character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back