• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Suggestion Dialogue Wheel

White Masquerade

QuirkyAngel's Red Oni
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
By the name, some of you may already know what this is. I want see to see if anyone is capable of making it with the BBCode that's out there. I see a lot of crazy things here, so I am optimistic. If you don't know what a dialogue wheel is, it's a type of answering mechanic used in games, that has different options pasted around a wheel for players to choose from. For reference you can look up videos of the game "Mass Effect Dialogue Wheel" on YouTube.

My line of thought would be it could center around the accordion BBcode, with other effects layered on top of that. Definitely a modified hover effect over certain "spots" to either highlight the option or reveal it would be another idea.

Not looking for it to be done for me per se, simply want to be there in the process if anyone decides they want to have a hand at the project. It would be a nifty little tool for GMs across site to use IMO.

To my knowledge, it isn't possible to change a hover effect using BBCode. There is some trickery you can do by using site-wide classes with :hover selectors, but that's not guaranteed to work across all themes and pretty inflexible anyway.

It could still be done, however, it just wouldn't look as impressive as in Mass Effect because it would be mostly static.

To my knowledge, it isn't possible to change a hover effect using BBCode. There is some trickery you can do by using site-wide classes with :hover selectors, but that's not guaranteed to work across all themes and pretty inflexible anyway.

It could still be done, however, it just wouldn't look as impressive as in Mass Effect because it would be mostly static.
Understood. Thank you very much. I'll try it one day in the VERY far future then. =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back