• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One DGC Characters

Yessss. I'm gonna draft up something small here, more for my sake than anything. I'm consistently surprised by how much putting my thoughts into writing will help me understand a character better. shouldve done the same for alkor but its fine

So let's meet Theodora Rose da Huntsville.

1680627236851.png

She's in her mid-twenties at this point--old for having never married, but not due to her lack of trying. With her father being a world-class composer and providing a very sizable estate while he was off touring, she received a lot of suitors starting at a young age. She enjoyed their attempts and would often string them along for as long as seemed fun to her, and when someone else came knocking at her door, she gladly pursued the new and exciting. It was fun. She was young.

As her mother started to grow pained, Theodora spent more time at home making sure she was comfortable and otherwise providing for them. She stopped enjoying stringing along the suitors as much. Instead of them being a fun way to spend time, they started turning to a nuisance. She wanted to care for Mother. These men only seemed intent on marrying her and taking her away.

This past year, as Mother grew particularly pained by her singing and as she grew increasingly annoyed by people visiting, she decided to move them to a small house with tall, strong, beautiful walls, perfectly fit for the two of them. The estate she let manage some of the other housekeep.

And all the while, she played her violin. She'd picked it up because her father was a famous composer and she felt like she got additional attention when she tried to play, but she soon came to live it for itself. It was the one thing she had control over in her life. As genial as her father was, he was rarely present; and as loving as her mother was, she often had to take breaks for weeks at a time to recover. Her violin never did that. It was hers and hers alone. It was sometimes the only thing that brought her comfort when she felt alone, alone in a very big world.

When she found out about the deal with Beleth, she felt a cutting mix of betrayal and confusion and hurt. She loved her father, but he was always away, leaving her to manage the details of the house and to care for Mother as a thankless task, and now he was stripping her of one of the few things that brought her comfort to fuel his performance. She didn't want him to ruin his career, but ... she felt used. She might've said yes had he asked--or maybe not. It was her choice.

Stunned with this new realization, she's been dazed these last few weeks, cycling between taking care of Mother and feeling as she slowly loses the ability to play her favorite instrument.

She's a good kid. Never been one to be bitter. But she's hurt, too. And she's not exactly sure how to move forward right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back