• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TanteRegenbogen

Cuddly enby auntcle
On the continent of Uros, the people believe in the deity Parthoth. The church of Parthoth wields much power in most countries on Uros. All the other beliefs were eradicated hundreds of years ago. While it is preached that Parthoth is forgiving and the representation of good, past stories show rather that he is a vengeful and authoritarian deity. Many church officials are corrupt and throw lavish parties at the cost of the common folk. Many kingdoms are plagued by corruption and injustice. But if anyone dares to give up their belief in Parthoth, they will be jailed or even killed. What counts as even worse is the belief in the devil of the Parthoth church. The devil of the Parthoth church is Parthoth's brother, Osutaros. Anyone who worships Osutaros grows horns and the horns mark them as heretics. The church calls these people "the cursed" and law allows them to be killed without consequences.

Recently, there have been rumors that a woman with horns wanders the lands preaching the gospel of Osutaros. It is stated that she is actually a demon with the direct blessing of Osutaros and that she is a priestess of the devil. Additionally she is rumored to use a magic based on music.

Ultimately, the roleplay is sort of a villain/anti-hero roleplay. You join the priestess at the cost of your humanity, mostly because you are fed up with how things in the world go and you determine that the side of the priestess is possibly the more good side. The followers of Osutaros can wield music magic (basically you can turn a lute into an electric guitar or amplify sound). Additionally instruments can turn into weapons and vice versa. In the end, it is the followers of Osutaros vs the rest of the world and they can gain followers with some luck or conquer their own patch of land where the church cant reach.

Music magic? I was thinking about just hanging back and focusing on characters and fun but this may just be what I want to do! I'll have to check if my studies allow me to spend the time, though.

Imagine the music magic being able to create anything from charms with singing to playing metalcore on a lute to buff your party.

My main fixation right now's on music right now, like you can see from my signature. So I'm definitinely interested

Would everyone be restricted to a single style of music or can you just play anything you'd like, and does each style gives different result? Like metalcore would be buffs, singing would be charms, maybe electro would be electricity attacks, I don't know.. or is it not style dependant and more freeform?

Thats actually a good idea. Have magic type depend on musical style. Otherwise I would have had it depend on musical element or instrument.

Another question, will all the instruments be fantasy? Are you forced to stay in old school stuff or can you choose modern instruments like electric guitars?

I would try to keep it somewhat outlandish. Since you dont have actual amps but the magic creates distortion, an electric guitar with dials and a jack would break immersion. If you want an axe guitar without dials and seven strings, then you can do that.

So turns out a mountain of homework fell on my head this week, hopefully I can actually get started this weekend

Whooo, okay. I think I'm going to hold off on joining until I'm positive I don't have as much work. And that may be a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Back