• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Detroit: Become Human

JayMishaelle

Magic Eight Ball
Howdy, y'all! Who among you is a Detroit: Become Human fan and is interested in playing both Markus and Connor?

I've got this idea that I need to get out of my skull. But first, here's a bit about me: I'm a MFA degree holder in Creative Fiction Writing who takes pride in detailed, fantastical world-building, the development of unique and dynamic characters, and just LOVES coming up with a good plot. I typically dish out 3+ paragraphs per post, and if the need arises, can also do novella length.

NOW, for the rp idea:

It happens a few years after the game's plot, where humans have accepted androids as having rights, all the characters were saved, etc. Androids are still undergoing some discrimination by a few unaccepting humans, but the government sees androids as equal under law-enforced rights. Most people are still trying to figure out how the androids will fit into society and especially the workplace, etc. All that jazz.

Where the story deviates (haha pun intended) is that the setting is slightly more futuristic. Central/Downtown Detroit is more of a tower-city with multiple layers. The rest of the city is as it is in the game, but downtown is seen as the place to be if you've 'made it' in life. The richer folk live at the highest level of the city, the working class in the mid-levels, and the poverty stricken at the lowest levels. These people down there have to work the battery arrays, the maintenance tunnels, etc, to keep the city going.

But the twist/interesting part of the storyline is that there's an organization that seeks to 'better' humanity through android, cybernetic, and biosynthetic technologies; a scientist has allied himself with a group of vengeful androids (who since their emancipation have decided to get back at humans as best as they can). They see humans as weak, and the scientist believes that androids are the true successors/inheritors of the earth. In an ironic twist near-hypocrisy, however, the antagonistic androids, led by the scientist, have been studying ways to make androids more and more human-like, more ...living. The biosynthetic company run by them pretends that its aim is to help people who have lost limbs or need organ transplants, etc., but the true aim is to create a new breed of android that can replace humanity, save the Earth, and finally be free from war, hate, and all the evils humanity is known for. These androids are highly advanced, and in fact, they can even pass as humans well enough that other androids have a high likelihood of thinking they're actual humans as well.

Markus and his allies would likely find out about this organization later - as well as the alarming extent of humans in Upper Central Detroit that have already been 'replaced,' and he could possibly want to do something about it, especially since he's one who wanted peace in the first place. HUmans are being turned to machine, and machine are being turned into something...more.

My OC is a human who was living in the dirt-poor sub-levels, working on upgrading the new solar/wind/renewable energy battery array. She is one of the people who were being experimented on by the company, and managed to escape. She would be the one to tip off Marcus about the operation (after she grows to trust him, of course) and to work with him to destroy it. Before messaging me to tell me if you're interested, please read through the following:
  • You have to be 18+, as there will be romance options. (Likely MxF where Markus is concerned, but LGBTQA+ friendly where Connor is concerned. Yes, this roleplay is definitely going to have drama. ;) )
  • You must be able to write at least three paragraphs per post
  • You've gotta be a D:BH fan who knows a decent bit of the lore, characters, and terminology
  • You must start your message to me with "Hey Jay!" to show you've read this far.
Thank you for your patience in reading this! I look forward to roleplaying with you!

~JayMishaelle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back