• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Detailed Plots - Advanced/Literate Only, Please!

mechanimated

VP of the Questionable Ethics Committee
Ellooooo. I'm not gonna bother listing basic rules, we all know them. Let's just skip to the good stuff:

-I'm willing to play any role. Lately I've been doing a lot of MxM, which I like, but if we do go for a MxF I might lean more toward the female role just for variety? Idunno, I'm not that picky.

-I only do literate roleplays. Expect my intro to be anywhere from 1-2k words. Maybe even more if I get too carried away. I like setting the scene, sue me. Following posts will rarely fall below 600 words. Don't, however, feel pressured to 'match' me. I'd rather have a good, clean, well-written reply that's short than one that's fluffed up with empty sentences just to seem longer.

-Expect gore and other mature themes. I like flawed characters, which often means unpleasant or taboo subject matters.

-No fandoms. If you want it, you will have to work reaaally hard to convince me, and I'll still only roleplay OCs in an established setting.

now fer de plottu~

Kilithorn Valley is a dense and wild wood, where few dare to tread. Savage animals wander 'neath heavy boughs, and the air is thick with rotting sweetness and old magic. But is isn't the monsters that people fear - it's the humans. Clannish and secretive, an ancient tribe has lived in Kilithorn for as long as anyone can remember. Druidic protectors guard the borders with their enthralled beasts, and the frothing torrent of the Vurin forms an impassable barrier. Not only are the waters naturally difficult to ford, but the river is also under a powerful enchantment. Those who don't know the runes of passage find themselves caught in unusually strong currents, or the trees their grappling hooks latch on to suddenly uprooted. The magic, however, is not self-sustaining. Every five years, the spell is renewed through a cryptic blood rite. This year, A and B have been chosen to donate their vitality to the river and fuel the enchantment. They rightly assumed the ritual would draw on their vitality - but what they didn't realize was that the bond it forged between them and the river extended to each other as well. Now, channeling each others senses, aware of each others presence, even capable of influencing each others moods...the two struggle to maintain their individuality in the face of the potent magics.

A and B meet at a nightclub, just far enough into the bad part of town to be fashionably slummy without deterring the rich kids that liked to go there to do drugs and pretend to be hood. By all accounts, it's a typical night. Dancing, music, alcohol. A buys B a few drinks, and the evening passes in a whirl. When B wakes up, however, it's in an unfamiliar place. Panicked and afraid, B is forced to come to grips with their new reality. A was a fae, and tricked B into taking enchanted drink. Now B is trapped in the fairy world, a prisoner whose life is in A's hands. A is in all ways a typical fairy, mischievous to the point of cruelty, who enjoys toying with B. B, meanwhile, wants nothing more than freedom, and is always searching for a chance to escape.

It's a cruel world. Most everything has gone to shit, with only a relative handful of cities worldwide left in any sort of condition. They are bastions of wealth, power, and luxury. Unfortunately for everyone else, outside of those golden walls is little more than hardship and death. A and B are two luckless S.O.Bs caught out in the middle of it all. They live in one of the many shanty villages that sprout up in the wasteland overnight and perish just as quickly. And this, this is one of those do-or-die moments. Bandits rolled in overnight, slaughtering most everyone and taking anything that wasn't nailed down. A and B wake up, the lone survivors in a field of the dead and dying. Now, they must work together to survive the arduous hike to the next closest town, as without food and supplies they're goners too. Trouble is, A and B worked together once before...and it didn't end well. Both still wear the scars from that messy, double-triple-quadruple cross. But now, it's time to bury the hatchet...though whether it's going to be in the ground or someones back is still up in the air.

Dirge is either a small city or a large town, and no one living in it seems capable of agreeing. Despite the ominous name, it's a pretty peaceful place to live. Everyone gets by well enough, and what little crime there is tends to be of the petty theft variety. That is, until the bodies started showing up. Not just corpses, mind, but gruesomely despoiled cadavers. The butchery was horrifying, and Dirge was under a thick fog of fear and suspicion. A, a detective in the homicide department, has been working day and night to find some clue as to who the killer is. It seems hopeless, until one night...A stumbles across what could be the key clue. The problem is, as things are slowly pieced together, all the evidence is pointing to B - the precincts on-site lawyer. Horrified, A confronts B, who denies any involvement. However, the proof is becoming more and more compelling, to the point that B is starting to feel like a lunatic. Desperate to prove this is a setup, B begs A, a longtime friend and coworker, not to press charges and instead help B figure out why this insane killer is trying to pin the crime on a middling lawyer in a small-time police branch. Assuming, that is, that B really is innocent...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back