• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Destiny[Interest Check]

Kaine

Auburn Mystery
First. There was another thread. It seems to be going no where, so im going to post my idea that i had for this.

Destiny Jist:

The setting follows a prosperous period of exploration, peace, and technological advancement known as the Golden Age.[14] In a universe where humans have spread out and colonized planets in the Solar System, an event known as "the Collapse" saw the mysterious dissolution of these colonies, the end of the Golden Age, and mankind teetering on the brink of extinction. The only known survivors of the Collapse are those living on Earth, who were saved by "the Traveler," a white, spherical celestial body whose appearance centuries before had enabled humans to reach the stars.[15] The Traveler now hovers above the last safe city on Earth, and its presence allows the Guardians—the defenders of the City—the ability to wield an unknown power, only referred to as "The Light."

Upon mankind's first attempt to repopulate and reconstruct after the Collapse, it is discovered that hostile alien races have occupied mankind's former colonies and civilizations, and are now encroaching upon the City. Throughout the game, players have to combat aggressive aliens who have occupied the Solar System. There are four separate races in the game, each occupying different planets. The Fallen are an insectoid race of nomadic pirates who scavenge ruined settlements on Earth, the Moon, and Venus for resources. The Hive are a macabre race of ancient aliens who have created massive underground settlements beneath Earth and the Moon's surface. The Vex are semi-organic androids who are attempting to seize control of Venus and Mars by turning them into their machines, which they have already done to Mercury. Finally, the Cabal are a military-industrial empire of massive amphibians who have established massive fortifications on Mars. Every race utilizes different strategies and weapons in combat. The Fallen possess cloaking and short-range teleportation technologies to increase their mobility. The Hive use superior numbers to overwhelm their opponents in close quarters while more elite units attack from a distance. The Vex utilize hard-light shields and teleport units of infantry into the battlefield en-masse. The Cabal rely on heavy armor, ballistic shields, and jump packs to combat players. All of these races are hostile towards each other, as they can often be observed attacking one another in-game for territorial dominance. The player takes on the role of a Guardian, and is tasked with reviving the Traveler while investigating and destroying the alien threats before humanity is completely wiped out. Destiny centers on the journey of the Guardians, the last defenders of humanity, set to protect Earth's last city.

Taken from Wikipedia, not my own.

Destiny RP Idea:

It's been a month since reports that the Black Garden had been destroyed and that the lone Guardian who ventured forth, was successful at their mission but was never seen again. The speaker wants to know why. Between the Lords of the Crucible, Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, Monarchy, and the Vanguard, The speaker has put in a request for arms. Guardians are at their peak numbers in years and now is the time to mount an offensive.

A team of highly regarded individuals for their accomplishments as guardians have been hand picked by the speaker to venture to the black garden on Mars and discover what happened to this guardian. If possible find out more so that the forces of earth may once again strike out against the enemies of the Light.

Rules:

This is a fairly free form RP. As long as you know the story, which if you dont i will require you to read through the pedia just to get an idea of how the mechanics of this universe work. Overall its pretty simple. Combat, space magic and guns. My goal is to set an overarching goal, but how we as players come to that goal will be determined by in game roleplaying.

Everyone will be a leader. This means if i say we set off to space and you have an idea for an encounter, simply let the others know, "Hey i got an idea" and run with it.

The idea for the universe of destiny to me will be extreme.

Fallen are large, strong and deadly. They stand between 5 and 9 feel tall, they have four arms which can be used all at once, and they are stealthy.

Vex are man killing machines without a conscious, They destroy without cause or warning. Standing 8 feet tall and Elites standing up to 11 feet tall they are clad is metal and kinetic barriers. Their weapons can melt the thickest of armor and their bodies can crush the strongest of men.

Hive are like roaches. They come from the darkness in swarms and kill anything organic in their sights. Often in groups of no less than 10-20, thralls stand at only 4 feet tall, but they are lightning fast, silent and have razor sharp claws. The rest have the intelligence of men, are clad in bone armor and often attack with elites and in groups. Do not engage alone. they will flank and destroy.

Cabal are war machines. Decked out in layers of metal armor, these massive creatures stand 10 feet tall, have the meanest projectile weapons in our system and are as imperialistic and agressive as they come. Do not engage unless well equiped and with a group.

Classes:

This RP will be ran more like a fantasy RP. Warlocks will use magic more often than not. Titans basically are the same, but its more about fighting power. Their strength will be on par with Cabal. and Hunters are like the fallen. They are stealthy, dangerous and can exploit weaknesses in their foes.

Magic can be custom as long as it feels legit. Meaning a titan with solar powers is ok. A hunter with Void is cool. Creating objects with your mind is a no go, and simply shooting everything with a headshot is a no go. Weapons will be used, but i want them used creatively. The light is your first offensive, weapons your second, depending how you set up your character.

Last but not least. My RP's are always mature. There will be blood, gore and violence. I do not expect you to do the same, but be prepared for it in my posts.

I kind of figured you would @Deadkool Was a little disappointed the guy for the other one hasnt posted in days. His activity has been often but nothing. If we get one more, ill make a thread and a sign up. As a for warning. I like people who can post detail. Not like novel length but enough to get the idea across.

Also if you have PS4 lemme know ill give you my tag to add if ya want.

I do, but not PS4 plus

Any ideas for plot, maybe The Guardians are apart of the same patrol and uncover some plans for a collaboration to invade Earth.

Well for the first part. I was thinking the plan is getting to mars. We know from the game that a ship with interstellar travel capabilities is not easy to come by. So im thinking that our characters, while they will be the best of the best, have not actually ventured from earth yet. so while stories of vex and cabal are known they have no real experience with them. So the first goal will be to acquire a ship or an engine allow us to travel outside of earths atmosphere.

I have a feeling its going to involve highjacking a Fallen Ketch for parts >D

dont worry about it there isnt much that i cant explain. i have over 300 hours in the game xD cant imagine not playing with PS+ its a super social game.

Still no others interested?

That makes three. I'll post up the thread sometime today. There will be no rush to get started. Detail over volume!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back