• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ โ€” In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

kevin

๐’“๐’†๐’… ๐’Ž๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’” ๐’Š ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
CHAPTER ONE: WELCOME TO MISS ROBICHAUX'S
academyexterior.gif

Miss Robichaux's Academy for Gifted Individuals
New Orleans, Louisana
Wednesday, May 24th, 2023
11:00 AM

It was a sunny Wednesday morning and rays of sunshine beamed down on Miss Robichaux's Academy for Gifted Individuals giving the white antebellum mansion a vibrant and welcoming glow. Today was a remarkable day as the next generation of young Salem witches and warlocks would be arriving at the academy to live their lives away from home for years to come. Diana Carter had been preparing for this day for months and she wasn't going to let anything ruin it. When it came to Diana and her duties as headmistress, she made sure everything was perfect by following a carefully curated list of tasks and assignments that would ensure the day would go by smoothly with no errors or mishaps.

The first thing on her list was setting up The Ancestral Room for Midday Gathering. Midday is one the most important event to happen that day and Diana had to make sure she had all the correct and updated material she would be teaching the young Salem descendants on their first day. Each student would be given a book that went over the basics of witchcraft and being a witch/warlock. After all, these students were new to the world of magic and their knowledge of the ethereal realm is nonexistent. The walls of the academy seemed to glow and radiate divine energy as the beautifully painted portraits of past Supremes hung inertly on the white walls.

Within the kitchen, Theodore stood over the stove, lifting the lids of various pots and pans to check on the contents cooking inside. After Midday, a luncheon would be held for the young Salem descendants to give them the chance to bond and create new friendships that will hopefully last forever. Diana made sure to curate a menu of various delicacies from all around the world and options for ones with dietary restrictions and preferences.

Diana did one last check of everything on her list and was able to cross off her last task as she made sure everything looked presentable for the tour. The time was eleven o'clock and the students would be arriving any minute now. Diana checked over her appearance and walked over to the front door. She turned the golden champagne handles of the front door and swung it open. As she stepped outside, she inhaled the fresh air of New Orleans. Diana stood on the top step of the perron and waited as the first vehicle pulled into the driveway.

H I G H E R
Feel the fear and the pain, let it all in, and then let it all go.

denial fear acceptance
the ever-living
Don't you want to be my friend?
bang bang bang bang
โ€” sohodolls
mood: feeling "welcome"
interactions: Ms. Dean
scroll
f4ae3fb3a2ae7264906d371e415398bf733fc3b0.gif
Tevon stepped out of the Uber that carried him and all of his belongings to the mansion that was to be his home now. The gentle breeze cut through the humid air and the sun was like a beacon over all of the white that the house was presented in. It was like a blank canvas, this new start, and he prayed that it would erase his guilt for surviving. He pulled his trunks out of the hatch and waved off his driver as they pulled away from the gate, leaving him all alone. He was used to a solitary lifestyle, so he drank in the fact that he was the first student there and stepped forth, through the gates, and dragged his luggage up to the stairs, where he met the first of what would be a slew of unfamiliar faces.

"G'Mornin'," he said, tipping his head like a Southern gentleman. "I believe you're the person my Grandmaw spoke to over the phone. I'm Tevon Derichson, but everyone calls me Von. I'm the one who, um, returned from a vacation on the other side of the beach?" he said, hoping she'd catch on to his misgivings. The other piece of information his Grandmother had given him was to be discreet about his powers. Apparently, witch hunts were still in fashion among these parts, and around the world for that matter.

He pulled his bags and things to the top of the steps, almost spilling the entire caboodle twice as he rummaged up the courage to step inside. Before he mustered his way through the door, he stopped to shake Ms. Dean's hand. She had beautiful dark eyes and straw-colored hair that girls fought each other over. She was definitely a dime piece among the pennies, not that he was looking for that kind of entertainment. "Thank you for taking me in. I've never been appreciated for being someone of my talents among the other gifted girls of my family, so this is all new to me. But, I'll try my best and see how far I'll go." His loose black sweater and TRIPP shorts were the wrong things to wear in the coming noon, so he aimed to get out of the sun as fast as he could. Past the doors was a strange man with skittering eyes that took his things, leaving Tevon to stand near a bunch of uncomfortable-looking chairs that sat near the staircase.
ยฉ reveriee

/* ------ right side ------ */

/* ------ image 1 ------ */
mood |sick, quite nervous

location | Entrance of Miss Robichaux's

/* ------ image 2 ------ */
outfit | modest yet heavily clothed

/* ------ image 3 ------
tag | sublimed sublimed

/* ------ left side ------ */

cassandra halliwell

/* ------ main textbox ------ */
[tw: vomit]
She struggled to hold her thin hair high as a red hot surge of sudden nausea clawed its way up her throat. The sour bile was irate with vengeance, red hot as it spewed out of the sides of her mouth and splattered onto the paper bag. She retched for the second time however nothing came out but her eyes were bulged and veiny. One feeble tear was swept away with the back of her hand, sorely scraping the cheekbone aggressively. The car jolted and bumped on the uneven road which didnโ€™t help and with the driver swerving to check if his rear-seated passenger was feeling any better.
โ€œMiss Halliwell,โ€ He began, narrowly hitting the brakes at a pedestrian crossing, โ€œWe can always turn back.โ€
*​
Cassandra held herself at an angle of discomfort (which most probably capped her height an inch or so) as she stumbled haphazardly out of the taxi. The pillars held Miss Robichauxโ€™s weight with outstanding strength but she could not relate. It felt too surreal, the white stone was a blinding shade, yet not of angelic purity. Something radiated from the building, like a power surge but of discomfort instead. Cassandra saw a man of similar age and perhaps condition waltz into the main entrance. The intense New Orleanโ€™s sun beat down into her squinting gaze and she stepped forward to do the same.

She was heavily clothed in alternating shades of beige, white and light sage green. She was not a youthful looking young woman, nor was she youthfully dressed. A thin material, long sleeved blouse was the first layer, an obviously thrifted cashmere sweater tightly was the second and a scarf for summer was overstated. Her shoes were tied tightly onto her feet, yet very unevenly. One lace was sticking itself out while the other was tucked into the shoe itself. There was no time for fashion, this clothing choice was to conceal.

The biliousness had yet to subside and she clutched her existing bag of vomit in her right hand as the taxi-man unpacked her small package of belongings outside the Academy. A strange looking, dirty-nailed and greasy haired butler approached her and Cassandra accidentally felt herself recoil, his aura was unreadable. He silently snatched the crumpled bag of sickness from her hand, then proceeded to throw the suitcase onto a trolley and wheel them away, off to some undisclosed area of Miss Robichauxโ€™s. After thanking him and apologising to her chauffeur did she climb the steps up to the academyโ€™s entrance.

A yearning in her chest thumped, she needed familiarity but she felt so out of place and alien. What am I doing here? Before she could ponder, Cassandraโ€™s tired eyes met the fresher face of Miss Diana Carter who stood with a disarming and polite smile across her face. She placed a hand across the younger witchโ€™s back, tracing her spine in an attempt to comfort. Somehow, with the human contact, the tension in Cassandraโ€™s shoulders dissipated and she stood a little straighter. If it was anybody else, she would have recoiled. The first impression of Miss Carter was welcoming, she seemed kind enough. It also felt cooler inside but she could not see any air conditioning units, the building felt too old to have any built in. The young witch loosened her scarf while idly clutching at her neck in an attempt to free her airways from this anxiety.
โ€œHello, Cassandra,โ€ Diana began, โ€œWelcome to Miss Robichauxโ€™s. Settle yourself down and feel free to make yourself at home. You are second to arrive, first being Tevon Derichson. They just got here a few minutes earlier than yourself. Now if you excuse me I will be awaiting others and while I do that, please feel free to wander together but please do keep inside the hall.โ€

Tevonโ€™s bright blue eyes seemed fierce but not uninviting; slightly hardened with some sort of trauma like her grey pits. She did not want to make it awkward for him or herself- Cassandra had an inkling of who she felt comfortable conversing with but to stand silently in this grand hallway would be ridiculous. Her breath was still peppery with vomit, so she did not approach him too closely.
โ€œExcuse me, helloโ€ฆ I hear you were the first to arrive?โ€ She spoke with little accent- it had clearly been constricted into a generalised American tone. โ€œName is Cassโ€ฆ I thought we should try and get in with introductions early, before everyone else arrivesโ€ฆโ€ Cassandra did not know how theyโ€™d react and felt quite surprised with herself- such confidence to begin a discussion was not her forte.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

ยฉ weldherwings.

jade.

• mood

in denial & somber

If you would've asked Jade what she would be doing today about a week ago, she'd tell you that she would be attending a party with the hottest celebrities up in The Hills. Well, those plans ended up being ruined and Jade would not be attending that party or any party for a very long time. Instead, she was in a limousine being taken to Miss Robichaux's Academy for Gifted Individuals. After the untimely death of her now ex, she was forced to leave the beautiful city of Calabasas and catch the next flight to New Orleans so she could attend an academy for witches and warlocks. Jade was still in denial about what her mother told her because there was no way in hell she was a witch. It was impossible. Such things only existed in fictional books and movies like Harry Potter or The Worst Witch. Two weeks ago, Jade has just finished walking the runway for Balmain and finished filming for her role in the seventh Scream movie. She couldn't believe how quickly her life had changed and now she would have to live a normal life which made her very uncomfortable. Jade's great-grandmother, Dahlia, possessed the same genetic affliction as her and that's how she inherited her power. Unfortunately for Dahlia, she was burned at the stake for "communing with the Devil" and now Jade would be continuing her legacy. No matter how much she tried to deny what she is, her mother had all the proof and facts of her lineage which made Jade see she could no longer deny but she still did so in hopes of this all being some very bad dream she couldn't wake up from.

Even though the car ride from the airport to the academy was twenty-something minutes long, it felt like an eternity to Jade. She never really got nervous about things because she was a very confident person and always tried to have a positive mindset about things but right now, she could feel a knot forming in the pit of her stomach. Jade grabbed the water bottle that was sitting next to her and took chugged about half of it. It really wasn't a good idea for her to do that but it helped her somewhat. The driver began to lay his foot down on the brake and the limo slowly came to a stop in front of a bright white mansion with a tall black swinging gate. Jade inhaled deeply and exhaled to try and calm her nerves. Her driver turned the car off and stepped out of the vehicle. Jade waited and watched as he made his way over to her door which he pulled open gracefully. She grabbed her purse and water bottle as she stepped slowly out of the limo and she thanked the well-dressed man for his time as she slipped a hundred-dollar tip into his hand. When she reached the gates, she turned her head and watched her driver start the limo and drive away. Jade watched as the vehicle went down the road until it was tiny speck and finally out of sight. She looked down at the strip of sidewalk in front of the gates and there were some words that read, "From education, as the leading cause, the public character its color draws." It was a quote said by William Cowper, an English poet and Anglican hymn writer. Jade pushed the gates open and made her way up the long driveway, her heels making a sharp click-clack sound as she walked. As she reached the top of the driveway, she could see a woman with blonde hair in formal wear, standing at the top step of the staircase leading up to the mansion's front door. Jade let out a shaky sigh and prepared herself for introductions.

"Hello, welcome to Miss Robichaux's Academy for Gifted Individuals. My name is Diana Carter and I am the headmistress. A pleasure to meet you." Diana extended her hand out and Jade did the same, giving her brief and firm up and down shake. "Nice to meet you, my name is Jade. I am pleased to have the opportunity of attending this prestigious academy." Jade flashed Diana a quick smile as she laughed mentally. She just lied to this poor woman's face, Jade didn't want to be here and she definitely was not pleased. "Please head inside and make yourself comfortable." Diana moved out of the way and gestured toward the door. Jade smiled again and made her way inside. The interior of the academy was beautiful but Jade didn't understand why there were so many paintings of different aged women on the walls. She disregarded it and scanned her surroundings. Two others had already arrived, a man and a woman. The man looked to be around Jade's age and he had a buzzcut that fit his face perfectly. He was a cutie and Jade knew she would be interested in talking to him. As for the woman, she looked old. Not like grandma old but too old to be considered young and gifted. "Hi. My name is Jade. How are you all today?" Jade said in a soft voice as she walked over to the two.

oblivion

grimes

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

H I G H E R

denial fear acceptance
the ever-living
artifact / the turn
โ€” Evanescence
mood: all smiles and vibes
interactions: Cass and Jade
scroll
f4ae3fb3a2ae7264906d371e415398bf733fc3b0.gif
Tevon's thoughts swirled with disbelief about this circumstance. He stood there, beneath the staircase with his knuckles turning white from how hard his fists were balled. It had only been a week. They gave him enough time to be declared healthy to come to the School. Most of that time he spent sleeping or crying. It was like a dark, murky ink that he couldn't get off his skin, no matter how hard he scrubbed. Eryn was dead and they wouldn't let him even try to bring her back. It was like his taint would spoil her resurrection. He was furious and hurt, knowing that he could do something about it but wasn't allowed to do so. Low in his gut, it irked him that they would put their pride before the loss of the only person who accepted him in their family. It was almost like he could still feel her in the corners of the room. She was closer than they thought, he just knew it. There had to be something beyond that dark place, in between.

It could also be said that he didn't even grasp how his abilities worked. He only knew the bare basics, and this kind of power was raw...guttural...pure. It'd take him a while to figure out that, among the other powers that be. He thought back to something his Grandmaw told him: The Seven Wonders. Could he be as strong as they presumed he was? Could he master them, or even just one or two? His mind couldn't comprehend what that could even possibly mean. Eryn had told him once that only their Supreme could harness the energies well enough to possess all Seven. His power was crucial but to think he could be on that level made his stomach hurt a little. Who'd ever think that a warlock could lead them, anyway?

He was so entranced by his place in the hierarchy, he didn't notice the woman until she spoke to him. He looked in her direction and was surprised. They'd told him there would only be people around his age enrolled, but this woman looked at least 5 years his senior. She spoke and he idly wondered why she stayed at such an awkward distance while issuing a greeting. Nevertheless, he smiled. It was good to know he wasn't all alone there so even an awkward presence was a welcome one. "Yeah, I've been here a couple of minutes now," He then listened to her introduction, a pleasant and polite tone that sounded equally youthful and stressed out. He figured that she must have had some overbearing burden before coming here and attributed that to her looks, which were still lovely, to say the least. She had the kind of eyes that he wished his mother would have had. Just as he was about to introduce himself, a wisp of a woman appeared from behind Cass. She introduced herself and Tevon found a particular gleam in her eye that made him blush a little. She was...something, alright. She had a familiar face too, he knew it from somewhere but couldn't hit the bullseye on where. Now, he had no particular preference, genders aside. He had a feeling she'd be a little bit of trouble if he let her be.

"Nice to meet you, Cass and Jade...I'm Tevon, but everyone calls me Von or Vonnie. It's nice to see that just because we're witches and warlocks doesn't mean we're constantly cackling over some pot of hexes." He smiled at his own joke, hoping it would give some levity to their situation. He put his hands behind his back, with nothing to do with them, and he wondered how many more souls they'd be waiting on to begin their induction into the coven.
ยฉ reveriee

• Kenna Morvo

Hotel Room / Miss Robichaux's Academy for Gifted Individuals
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama / New Orleans, Louisana
    6:00 AM - 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, May 24th, 2023

TW: Arson/Death by Fire

Thick smoke billowed up from the burning curtains and couch as raging blue and white flames consumed the world around her. Like a distant melody Kenna could hear the echoing screams of the couple who brought forth the flames in the first place. Before them Kenna had only dreamed of fire dancing on her finger tips, only believed it to be luck when a match would light brightly in a moment of need, she never realized that those were her flames. The ebony haired beauty felt no fear or shame as the sadistic elderly couple and their prison of a house burned to the ground around her. They had made their bed, now it was time that they lie in it. Inhaling deeply Kenna closed her eyes and enjoyed the smell of all that burned around her, their toxic existence turned to nothing but ash. She would bare marks made by their hands for the rest of her life so it seemed only fitting that she leave marks of her own. It was cold hearted, something Kenna never really thought herself to be, but in the end she had to accept that she couldnโ€™t find it in herself to feel any sympathy for them. Icy blue eyes reflected the dancing flames and a small smile pulled at the corner of her slightly chapped lips. In silence she watched her fire consume the crisped corpses, a single happy tear rolling down her ivory cheek as for the first time in what seemed like forever she laughed. The laugh was not sadistic in nature but rather a laugh of relief at the feeling of peace that was born from the flames.

The alarm on her phone startled Kenna awake as 6:00 AM rolled around. With a groan, the petite girl smushed her face back into the pillow of her hotel room and sighed deeply before finally flopping out of bed and rubbing her eyes before performing a serious stretch. She grogily tried to recall what her dream had been about and still had the phantom scent of smoke lingering within her nostrils. Her pondering of what had encountered while she slept didnโ€™t distract her for long as her backup alarm began to blare loudly beside her pillow and she jumped again. The hotel room was much nicer than most places she had been in her life, which of course was excluding the rich folk summer homes she used to squat at in the winters. Within thirty minutes the young woman had taken a hot shower, made herself a cup of instant coffee, ate a few Twizzlers from the day before, gotten dressed for the day, and packed all of her things (plus some hotel amenities) into the trash bag that currently acted as her suitcase. In the little time she had to get ready Kenna had managed to adorn herself with a sheer black short-sleeved undershirt that tied at the neck, a black and dark blue plaid corset, black leather sleeves with open finger holes starting at the lower knuckles, azure long pants that had laced up designs along the inner thigh, and a pair of black platform stiletto heel boots. Her makeup was dark as always and highlighted her eyes beautifully while also making her look ghostly pale but not in a hideous way. For several minutes she dabbed and shaded foundation and concealer across her neck in an attempt to hide the marks left by the prongs of the electric collar she used to be forced to wear. When the makeup seemed to get her nowhere she decided to hide her neck scars with a black choker she had snagged from some random display in the mall a few months back. Looking at herself in the mirror she grabbed her hairbrush, turned on her playlist, and jammed out to several of her favorite songs passionately until loud banging and shouting at her door informed her it was time to go.

By 6:30 AM the young ebony-haired woman was crawling into the back of a car with two men in suits sitting up front. They were the same traveling companions she had had for close to 18 hours the day before on her journey from New York to Tuscaloosa, Alabama where they had stopped for the night. She didnโ€™t know either of the men, only that she was with them rather than in jail so she wasnโ€™t complaining. The day prior she had attempted to talk with them but had been met with stony silence for all 18 hours of the drive so today she planned to just have fun with the hours of the drive she had left and laid across the back seats air drumming to the music, eating Twizzlers, and trying to see how many Goldfish crackers she could land in the empty fast-food cup resting in the holder. When she wasnโ€™t doing any of those things, she would find herself either napping or staring out the window wondering what kind of place exactly this Academy for witches and warlocks would be.

The four hours or so went by painfully slow but finally, Kenna opened her eyes to find herself being driven down the streets of New Orleans. She watched with wide eyes as the old buildings went by, giggled as the car shook on the ancient roads, and watched in awe at each shop window they passed. This city was unlike any other she had been to, and she had been to quite a few as she was bounced around the country. Rolling down the window she smiled as she heard jazz bands practicing and got a whiff of something that smelled deep-fried and delicious. Sitting back she smiled to herself and found that she was now slightly more excited about what lay ahead at the Academy.
    After only a few more minutes in the car, the vehicle came to a stop just outside of a grand-looking house with a large metal gate and tall white pillars. โ€œLooks like this is me,โ€ Kenna said upon reading the academyโ€™s sign that was mounted on the wall. Grabbing her trash bag suitcase and her bag of Twizzlers she pushed the door open and shimmied out to stand on the sidewalk. โ€œAlright boys, wish me luck and try not to miss me too much after our hours of bonding.โ€ She joked as she peered into the front seats where the men who had driven her all the way there from New York. Unsure of what to do next she gave them awkward finger guns, a Twizzler half hanging out of her mouth, and patted the roof of the car before whirling around. It was 11:05 and she had finally arrived. โ€œShit this place looks fancy.โ€ She sighed as she walked through the gates and towards the front door.

It seemed she was far from the first to arrive which was fine by her. Chewing on her candy and tossing her trashbag over her shoulder she pushed open the metal gate, resisting the temptation to see if she could scale it easily, and trotted up the steps towards the front door. With the slightest hint of caution the young ebony haired woman pushed the front door open, giving it a series of knocks as she did so in order to announce her presence. โ€œHowdy howdy,โ€ She called out and heard others moving around inside as she entered. โ€œHow the hell is this place so clean?โ€ She wondered aloud and turned a corner to spot several people standing and talking. โ€œIs this where I sign up for the weird cult shit?โ€

TEMPLATE ยฉ BOKEH

Last edited:
H I G H E R

denial fear acceptance
the ever-living
She's a Rainbow
โ€” The Rolling Stones
mood: hopeful
interactions: Diana
scroll
PQ5b9Te0_400x400.jpg
The newest arrival had spoken, making her way to the group as Tevon raised his eyebrows at her frank attitude. Before he had a chance to say anything in response, Diana appeared from behind her, as if from thin air. "This is not a cult, Ms. Morvo, you'd do well not to refer to your coven as some cheap evangelical following. We are living creatures with the power to alter the fabric of our own realities. You are here to learn and grow from the seed of power in you. Don't take that lightly, for your life may very well depend on it." She waved her hand to the adjacent room, nodding her head toward it. "Come, we have much to discuss." She began walking and Tevon decided to follow, leaving the girls to do the same. They ended up in a sitting room with a grand piano in it. A fireplace lay cold in their presence, with Tevon hoping that it would stay that way in the southern heat.

"Sit anywhere, and don't be shy. Mr. Derichson, since you were the first to arrive I would hope that you could grace us with a little bit about yourself and your gift. Raising the dead is nothing small to sneeze at." Diana said in a stern manner, beyond her years. Tevon took a seat on the white day couch, pulling at the cuff of his sweater nervously as he looked for the words to say. "Yes, um...my power is resurgence--the power to bring things back to life," he said plainly as if it were an everyday occurrence. "And, I can do other small spells too, sometimes. I brought myself back after the accident...and I brought back a bird and a little kitten. It was like looking for something that was moved out of something else. Kinda like pouring spilled water from a glass. It's easy, but it's hard at the same time, ya know?" he asked, hoping these women would understand something like that.

"They wouldn't let me bring back my sister, because she'd been gone for a while by then and my family doesn't think I'm strong enough. But, I really think I could do it. Then, maybe she could be here with us and not alone and in the darkness. Could we maybe work on that? I'd be grateful. Eryn was good to me, she doesn't deserve to...rot." He looked at Diana with hope in his eyes. If anyone could overrule his family, it'd be her. She was higher up in the coven than his family, from what he knew. She returned to him a look of empathy and kindness but with a twinge of sadness that reached into him and cut that hope in twain. "I don't want to make any promises, Tevon. Things aren't that great between us and the Council right now. And, we currently have no Supreme to guide us. We are hanging on to our comforts by a thread. But, that's not to say that there isn't any guarantee of her return. I give you my word that if you work with us we will do what we can to make sure your needs are met." Tevon sighed and nodded in agreement with his Headmistress. She smiled and looked toward the rest of the group.

"Does anyone else want to speak? You have every right not to talk at all, but it would help if we were all on the same page about everything. You don't have to say much." She looked toward the next person, being an open ear and a safe space for her new students.
ยฉ reveriee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back