• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Derika - Land of the Gifted [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
“Ah-ha, I'm guessing you're going to try to go for the fancy burny ones?” She thinks for a moment. “That might work, but they might just eat it and put out the flames. Here why don't you try making one and I'll let you know how effective it might be?”

[Vivian]

Drinking a spoonful of soup, Vivian lets the tangy spicy flavor wash over her tongue. She helps herself to another mouthful, basking in the nice crunch of bamboo and the softness of the tofu.

CRUNCH!

Vivian is startled and looks up, alarmed. She sees Lexa nonchalantly putting down a chewed up metal utensil.
I feel like it would be rude to ask and it's rude to stare. Vivian pretends like she's seen nothing, quickly averting her eyes away from the object and onto her soup.

When she hears Lexa's question, Vivian gathers the courage to look up again and answers, "Yeah, I just came here today. The DoI is pretty accommodating."

always_confused always_confused WhipDing WhipDing

[Haku]

"I want one too," Haku looks at Alexander with wide eyes.

Y Yuki no Yue

“Ah-ha, I'm guessing you're going to try to go for the fancy burny ones?” She thinks for a moment. “That might work, but they might just eat it and put out the flames. Here why don't you try making one and I'll let you know how effective it might be?”
[Haku]

"I want one too," Haku looks at Alexander with wide eyes.

@Yuki no Yue

Alexander Cyphre

I'm starting to think that I made a pretty big error in letting them knows that I am basically a free dessert dispensing machine.

Still, slimes...

I conjured a plate of rock candy - my to go material for solid creation - and on it two portion of a banana flambè. Currently not on fire.

"If someone can keep it for a moment, I think I have some matchstick in my pocket. Or, wait a sec."

I almost forgot. I left the plate in the air, kept there by my power, before digging the matchsticks out of my pocket, lighting one and lighting up the dessert.

"Enjoy."

Rika

This was my moment! After weeks of wandering, I’d managed to find a boat that took me to Brinkhaven. To my great shame, I’d lost my sword on the boat somewhere, and searched the boat until I got kicked off. It was upsetting, but after crying for a bit, I picked myself up off the docks and got on a bus to Brinkhaven. Not carrying a sword felt wrong, so with the last of my money, I purchased an even better sword, so it was all worth it in the end. The nice store owner was selling the sword for exactly the money I had in my pocket, which was really lucky. I couldn’t afford the sheath too, but I figured I could just carry my sword.

An hour of walking around later, I got hungry and realized I had no money left to buy food. I begged people on the street to buy me food, but they all told me I could just join a Faction instead. After hearing this a few times, I admitted it might be easier to join a Faction.

I’d asked random strangers until I found the Faction Recruitment building, then waited patiently in line until I could register. I argued my hardest, but the receptionist wouldn’t let me put down ‘sword’ as my Gift, and told me she’d update it after I got tested. It didn’t matter, she’d see for herself soon enough.

Finally, I could now show off my worth.

Before me stood an overwhelmingly mundane wooden training dummy. In my hand was my brand new sword. The test proctor, a girl with glasses who hardly looked older than I did, gave me a nervous smile and gestured for me go ahead. I give her a confident smile in return before focusing on my target, the test dummy. She was going to be so surprised by my skills, everyone would be, I could almost taste it.

I adjust my grip on my sword and breathe deeply. The proctor said the dummy was 10 meters ahead. There’s a wall right behind it, so no mistakes. A meter was three feet, right? And 73 feet per second divided by 30 feet was like, basically 2. My math checked out, even if I didn’t know exactly how many feet were in a meter. Just 2 seconds of speed then swing.

I jolt forward—

Faction Recruitment testing room #2

A sword is lodged in one wall, surrounded by an alarmingly large splatter of red. Directly below, covered in shards of shattered wood, is a small and still female body. Two Gifted are crouched over the unmoving figure, conversing in low, worried voices. Across the room and wrapped in a blanket, a teary-eyed test proctor is being comforted by an older blonde woman in a pencil skirt and white blouse.

“Hush, it’s okay, it’s okay. Try to tell me what happened.” The woman coos soothingly, tactfully shifting to block sight of the bloodstain.

“I swear—sniff—I don’t know what happened! She—she just, shejustmovedandhitthewallan—” The distressed test proctor breaks down into sobs, clutching her older coworker’s shirt like a lifeline.

Outside the Faction Recruitment Building

Rika sits on the curb alone, staring blankly into space. The hilt of her sword rests in her lap. The rest of the sword is still embedded in the wall back inside.

“The risk I took was calculated...” She sighs. “But wow, am I bad at math.”

Last edited:
Vix holds her hand out into the flames. Normally one would expect this would result in bad thing, instead Vix's hand starts to absorb the fire and glow a bit, like tiny little embers held in suspension inside her hand. “Ehhhh, You'd need a lot of it and it would take a while. You're probably better off just luring them into some creeping desiccant.”

[Haku]

She examines the creation. It appears to be pieces of banana covered in some sort of sauce. Currently on fire.
Haku waits for the flames to subside before creating a small spoon to dig into the treat.
Delicious. The medley of the bananas, the sauce, and the previous state of on fire-ness, go perfectly well together.

Not forgetting her manners, Haku thanks Alex for the food.

Y Yuki no Yue negativenull negativenull

It was all happening a bit too fast.

The store owner is now pushing Miyarkus below a hatch, down a ladder, as Miyarkus tries to argue.

"Wait just a minute! Those two--"

"--are adorable, I know! They must have the impressive gift to match, I assume?" and then they pretty much cover the hatch in front of Miyarkus' face, before the store owner turns to the two.

"Now, I'll just get a few weapons for you two to use. Actually, they're just darts that will put the ghost to sleep. Well, as long as it's physical, at least. I'll leave you three to incapacitate it, otherwise. Mark is already climbing down to the basement as we speak..."

He hands the young ladies a small, black plastic pistol with a needle-head dart loaded, one for each of them. The store owner doesn't give them more darts, so it's safe to say that he relies on both of them on not missing the shot.

"Again, thanks for helping me out. Go down this hatch and ladder, and Mark will guide you through. He knows this place well. Now, excuse me as I attend to some calls; I was really busy when something broke out downstairs." the store owner said and with that the man moves to another room. They can see a wooden hatch on the floor, where one can descend to the depths.

"Look... it's too late for both of you to leave." Miyarkus said as he pops out of the hatch. Apparently, he fell down due to the store owner basically dropping him down there.

"... what are your names and what can you do?" Miyarkus asked, already going down the long ladder. It would take a minute before they reach the basement.

Ayane Katou-

Oh no. Oh nonono. I screwed up. I have to take down a ghost?! With two bullet thingys?! Oh dear. When Mar asked his question I decided to just tell him the truth, no lying would help me. Going down the ladder after him I begin to answer.

"I am Ayane Katou. I have two bodies, the one I am speaking out of now is called Aya," Aya starts out. "This body is called Ayane," Ayane continues. "My gift... When I sing I can influence things." I say, both bodies at the same time. I make sure to look serious, even if he couldn't see it. But I just can't keep it. Speaking with both bodies again, I begin to freak,

"Ah, I... I didn't think there would be a lot of bad stuff here... So, uh... I'm not sure... Sorry..." Oh man... I can't really be a hero if I can't even take down bad stuff! But still...

Gah!

Oh man, I hope Mar can do more than I can... "Hey, what's your name?.... and what can you do?"

Last edited:
[Lysander Stratos]

Lysander stepped off the bus and stretched, feeling his back crack. "Finally," He muttered. "I was gonna go stir-crazy in that tiny seat." He looked around, now able to get a proper look at Brinkhaven, and gave a low whistle. "Fancy place." he said. He slung his duffle bag, the only luggage he had brought with him, over his shoulder and began to walk.

As he went, he saw some of the notices for Faction recruiting. He had been wrestling with the question of joining a faction ever since he had heard about them. While the promise of free housing and steady employment was nice, as far as Lysander understood, the Factions were kinda part of the Government around here, one that he really didn't know much about. That had made him a bit hesitant, but with all the time to think on the ride in, he had eventually come to the conclusion that it might be worth taking a leap of faith. If he found something was off about the Factions, he could figure out something later.

After getting some directions from a passerby, he quickly found the recruitment building. Entering, Lysander was surprised at how... normal, it all seemed. By looks alone it could have been pretty much any upscale office building in the world. If not for the giant sign outside the front door, he might have wondered if had stepped into the wrong building. Shaking it off, he headed to one of the receptionists.

After filling out a series of forms, Lysander was directed to a room deeper in the building. He entered to find a windowless room with several training dummies set up against the far wall. A man in a lab coat stood near a desk with a computer. He raised a hand in greeting as Lysander walked in.

"You must be Mr. Stratos," the man said, offering Lysander a handshake, which was accepted. "My name is Devlin. I'll be administering your assessment."

Devlin gave Lysander fairly simple instructions. At Devlin's signal, the new arrival sent a series of lightning blasts, starting out weak, but gradually amping up in power. After Lysander finished his barrage, Devlin investigated the dummies. He was examining one of the scorch marks when Lysander noticed the scientist's eyes flicker strangely.

"Did something just happen to your eyes?" Lysander asked in surprise. Devlin looked back with a slight smile.

"My gift," he explained. "I alter my vision to see a wider range of the electromagnetic spectrum than normal humans are capable of perceiving. Not the flashiest gift ever, but it can be useful in my line of work." He walked back over to the computer, tapping at the keyboard and examining the data that scrolled down the screen. "There seems to be no extra-dimensional component to your gift. We didn't expect there to be, but you never know. I've seen powers that work in the strangest ways." He turned back to Lysander. "Your gift is well within the parameters that we're looking for. I think the Elementalists would be glad to have you." Devlin withdrew a small case from his coat and handed it to Stratos.

Lysander opened the case to find one of the fancy electronic watches that he had seen many of the Derikan citizens and officials wearing.

"You'll be assigned an apartment shortly," Devlin continued "In the mean time you can take advantage of the cafeterias. The foods not half bad." He shook Lysander's hand once again. "Welcome to Derika."

Lysander left the testing room, and after a little bit of wandering and getting lost, found his way to the Faction cafeteria. Not having eaten since he arrived, he headed straight for the food.

Ayane Katou-

Oh no. Oh nonono. I screwed up. I have to take down a ghost?! With two bullet thingys?! Oh dear. When Mar asked his question I decided to just tell him the truth, no lying would help me. Going down the ladder after him I begin to answer.

"I am Ayane Katou. I have two bodies, the one I am speaking out of now is called Aya," Aya starts out. "This body is called Ayane," Ayane continues. "My gift... When I sing I can influence things." I say, both bodies at the same time. I make sure to look serious, even if he couldn't see it. But I just can't keep it. Speaking with both bodies again, I begin to freak,

"Ah, I... I didn't think there would be a lot of bad stuff here... So, uh... I'm not sure... Sorry..." Oh man... I can't really be a hero if I can't even take down bad stuff! But still...

Gah!

Oh man, I hope Mar can do more than I can... "Hey, what's your name?.... and what can you do?"
The basement is dark and damp. The walls and ceiling are rough, unpainted cement. The basement itself is huge; shelves are aisles in a grocery store, moving through 'em reveals pots and old trinkets. It's not exactly well lit in here. Miyarkus can hear the fear and soul-crushing regret in Ayane's voice. So, both are considered one person, which is Ayane? He'll have to understand later. As a responsible adult, this might not be the best idea to bring her alone... but in his defense they went here without knowing what's coming. For a moment, he stands still and stairs at the ladder behind them as they walked.

"You know what, a little pondering got me thinking that I'll do this by myself. Come on, let's--"

The room turns pitch black. In the dark, something falls to the floor. Not shattering. This thing bumps into Ayane's foot. She should probably pick it up.

"Darn, dropped my night-vision glasses..." Miyarkus said.

"I think I know what were up against. Stay close--" but suddenly, a robed being strangles Miyarkus, a struggle with both of 'em with the ghost holding a sword and Miyarkus trying to break free. Of course, both can't see this particular scenario. The shade, despite the squirming Miyarkus, stands perfectly still.

Child... !!!

It holds one of Ayane's bodies completely still with it's mind. It tries to control her still, as he slowly tries to get Miyarkus.

431101134 431101134

Abbey

As Abbey walks toward the Mental Faction building, her mind churning with ideas on how to use her Gift, she realizes one important thing.

She was dirt poor. Literally penniless.

In Abbey’s backpack was $87 in cash and 3 stolen necklaces of minimal value. She was on the fence about selling them, since they were the only thing she had left to remember her mother. Abbey didn’t even have a picture of her mother’s face, since she’d discarded her phone to avoid being tracked.

And thus, $87 in cash. For a tinkerer Gifted used to using her father’s laboratory and money to buy and experiment freely, this was not a lot of money. In order to use her Gift to earn money, she first needed the materials and tools to build something. Needing money to earn money, how unfair life was. Even worse, Brinkhaven used Z-bucks, not USD, so she’d have to exchange her money first if she wanted to even try to spend that. Well, the DoI should naturally exchange newcomer’s currency right?

Sighing, Abbey turns on her heel and retraces her way back toward the DoI, relying on her Z-watch to show her the fastest route.

After exchanging her money for Z-bucks, Abbey swipes her way into the cafeteria for quick bite to eat. Preoccupied with taking in the sight of so many people talking and eating at once, Abbey takes her eyes off of Judas for just a moment too long. Taking his chance, Judas tears between the rows of tables and disappears around a bench before he can be spotted. The dog sometimes wondered if his master forgot that he still had to eat. While Judas might look sleek and metallic, he required food like any other dog. Padding more slowly now that he knew Abbey wouldn’t find him immediately, he wanders until he smells food he wanted to try.

Judas strikes like a cybernetically-enhanced ninja, silently hopping up beside a tanned, muscular woman to steal a few bites of her food.

A few aisles down, a very distressed Abbey swings her head left and right as she runs, a slice of bread in her mouth. Still adapting to his new augmentations, Judas tended to forget how much heavier and stronger he now was, which led to... accidents.

always_confused always_confused IceSolstice IceSolstice WhipDing WhipDing

The basement is dark and damp. The walls and ceiling are rough, unpainted cement. The basement itself is huge; shelves are aisles in a grocery store, moving through 'em reveals pots and old trinkets. It's not exactly well lit in here. Miyarkus can hear the fear and soul-crushing regret in Ayane's voice. So, both are considered one person, which is Ayane? He'll have to understand later. As a responsible adult, this might not be the best idea to bring her alone... but in his defense they went here without knowing what's coming. For a moment, he stands still and stairs at the ladder behind them as they walked.

"You know what, a little pondering got me thinking that I'll do this by myself. Come on, let's--"

The room turns pitch black. In the dark, something falls to the floor. Not shattering. This thing bumps into Ayane's foot. She should probably pick it up.

"Darn, dropped my night-vision glasses..." Miyarkus said.

"I think I know what were up against. Stay close--" but suddenly, a robed being strangles Miyarkus, a struggle with both of 'em with the ghost holding a sword and Miyarkus trying to break free. Of course, both can't see this particular scenario. The shade, despite the squirming Miyarkus, stands perfectly still.

Child... !!!

It holds one of Ayane's bodies completely still with it's mind. It tries to control her still, as he slowly tries to get Miyarkus.

@431101134

Ayane Katou-

What... is in... my head?! Get out! I can't control Aya! Why?? No! NO! Get out-get out-get out! Picking up the glasses at Ayane's feet. What... Is this what it's like to have one body? No! GET OUT! It seems to be night-vision glasses. Putting them on I... Ayane see's something around Mar, ugh! My head's!

Is it that thing that's controlling Aya? No! I won't let it! AHHH! Yes! I have you, Aya! Now sing! C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! Don't let it take over! Yes... yes! Now sing!

Having myselves sing, I point my fear and sadness at the thing on Mar! Be scared! Surrender! I sing my song until I have complete control back of Aya. Sighing, I take my hand. Whatever this thing is, it needs to be gone. Now!

Ayane Katou-

What... is in... my head?! Get out! I can't control Aya! Why?? No! NO! Get out-get out-get out! Picking up the glasses at Ayane's feet. What... Is this what it's like to have one body? No! GET OUT! It seems to be night-vision glasses. Putting them on I... Ayane see's something around Mar, ugh! My head's!

Is it that thing that's controlling Aya? No! I won't let it! AHHH! Yes! I have you, Aya! Now sing! C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! Don't let it take over! Yes... yes! Now sing!

Having myselves sing, I point my fear and sadness at the thing on Mar! Be scared! Surrender! I sing my song until I have complete control back of Aya. Sighing, I take my hand. Whatever this thing is, it needs to be gone. Now!
The shade steadily weakens, enough to get Miyarkus off of it, then weak enough to drop it's control on Aya. It wails a ghastly, woeful wail, dropping also the sword it intends on stabbing with Miyarkus. The chance to strike appears as the shade holds its head and scrambles for peace. Revealing a scythe underneath his large cloak, he did a quick, clean strike against the shade. It screams violently, but it still stands, it's cut without stain of blood. Instead it dissipates like smoke. The cut up garb fell to the floor, leaving the being no more. Miyarkus hides his scythe back in his cloak, as he feels the cold, silent basement returns. Their vision returns normally, able to see the pots and old paintings near them but still kind of dark.

"...darn, that was cool... I mean, let's report this to the store owner. Ayane, are you hurt? You kind of looked like you... convulsed." Miyarkus said.

"Kind of passed, my mind, I'm Miyarkus Trimiad, but call me Markus. After this, let's have a short talk." and then he beckons them to climb up the ladder a meter away from them.

431101134 431101134

Verik
You're actually speechless. That is a lot of tiny wings. "Wow."

You look back to Alice with an expression of gratitude. "Thank you." Ah, so nice and she doesn't even know it.

With that you head into the recruitment center and show them your totally original Gift do not steal of creating tons of tiny wings to lift the various objects in the room. Apparently, the recruiters recognize it. "This looks a lot like Alice's Gift."

Ah, you've been found out. Still, you can't stop smiling. It feels nice, being able to use your Gift again after so long. The last Gifted you met was probably in middle school or so? "You'd be right on the money there. This Gift came straight from Alice."

"It's been a while since we had a Gift like yours around here."

You proceed to go through an almost interview-like discussion of your Gift. It makes you a bit uncomfortable, since you've never had to explain your Gift in this much detail before. Some of it is, frankly, embarrassing, but you answer honestly, to the best of your ability.

Uh...

Well, it seems that explaining it is harder than you thought. Everyone seems to get confused when you do, even though you think it's pretty cut and dried. Maybe you're just bad at explaining things? Ah, just now they said that you're bad at explaining things. You definitely told them how to feel it though!

When that's finally over with, you head to the Unaligned faction to drop off all the stuff you've brought with you; you do plan on living here after all. Still, it doesn't really feel like a home yet. The provided apartment is pretty bland... Perhaps you should do some decorating sometime? Well, that can wait. After all, you're finally free to explore this amazing place. Meet new friends, take your Gift for a spin, and collect some new ways to use it along the way. Ah, how exciting.

Last edited:
Vix holds her hand out into the flames. Normally one would expect this would result in bad thing, instead Vix's hand starts to absorb the fire and glow a bit, like tiny little embers held in suspension inside her hand. “Ehhhh, You'd need a lot of it and it would take a while. You're probably better off just luring them into some creeping desiccant.”
[Haku]
She examines the creation. It appears to be pieces of banana covered in some sort of sauce. Currently on fire.
Haku waits for the flames to subside before creating a small spoon to dig into the treat.
Delicious. The medley of the bananas, the sauce, and the previous state of on fire-ness, go perfectly well together.

Not forgetting her manners, Haku thanks Alex for the food.

Alexander Cyphre

"You're welcome. Still, I could create only the flambè sauce, I guess.... Maybe Ice would work better?"

And two shards of ice simply appear over my hand, before growing into full scale icicles, with a hard liquorice stick to hold them.

"The blue one is blueberry, the orange one is... well, orange."

And I let the two girl choose.

"Oh, ya if you can do ice that would work fairly well on everything but the ice slimes. Might take a bit though.... I'll pass on the Popsicle I don't wan to be funny colors for the next few hours."

[Haku]

"More for me then," Haku states cheerfully, having just finished the flambé complete with the plate.

She reaches out and grabs both icicle popsicles. They both taste delicious-- the orange is standard but the blueberry is pretty interesting. Normally blue popiscles were blue raspberry flavor. But it's tasty nevertheless. A nice refreshing snack after their training bout. Today is a very good day.

"If you think you're ready now, I've added you to the party and accepted the request. We'll have to travel outside of Brinkhaven for the request," Haku comments.

"Oh, ya if you can do ice that would work fairly well on everything but the ice slimes. Might take a bit though.... I'll pass on the Popsicle I don't wan to be funny colors for the next few hours."
[Haku]

"More for me then," Haku states cheerfully, having just finished the flambé complete with the plate.

She reaches out and grabs both icicle popsicles. They both taste delicious-- the orange is standard but the blueberry is pretty interesting. Normally blue popiscles were blue raspberry flavor. But it's tasty nevertheless. A nice refreshing snack after their training bout. Today is a very good day.

"If you think you're ready now, I've added you to the party and accepted the request. We'll have to travel outside of Brinkhaven for the request," Haku comments.

Alexander Cyphre

"Good to know. I know what to do, then." Trap them into an ice maiden.

"And... how do we reach... wherever we need to go? I mean, does the bus or other kind of transportation reach it?"

Because I didn't know how to drive and even if I knew, I didn't have a car.

The shade steadily weakens, enough to get Miyarkus off of it, then weak enough to drop it's control on Aya. It wails a ghastly, woeful wail, dropping also the sword it intends on stabbing with Miyarkus. The chance to strike appears as the shade holds its head and scrambles for peace. Revealing a scythe underneath his large cloak, he did a quick, clean strike against the shade. It screams violently, but it still stands, it's cut without stain of blood. Instead it dissipates like smoke. The cut up garb fell to the floor, leaving the being no more. Miyarkus hides his scythe back in his cloak, as he feels the cold, silent basement returns. Their vision returns normally, able to see the pots and old paintings near them but still kind of dark.

"...darn, that was cool... I mean, let's report this to the store owner. Ayane, are you hurt? You kind of looked like you... convulsed." Miyarkus said.

"Kind of passed, my mind, I'm Miyarkus Trimiad, but call me Markus. After this, let's have a short talk." and then he beckons them to climb up the ladder a meter away from them.

@431101134

Ayane Katou-

Markus! So, I was right! Kind of... Still getting over not having control of Aya, I slowly head up the ladder after him. I guess it's weird controlling a second body when I only had one for a second there. Ah! There's a second meaning for the word 'second'! Just noticed that... But then again, I've had two bodies my whole life. So why is it such a problem to have two now? Eh, whatever. Oh yeah... He asked a question, I guess I should answer.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I say through Ayane. For some reason I have to get used to Aya. But I've had both Ayane and Aya since birth! Why do I have to get used to her? EH, I guess it'll pass soon and I can be me again. Oh yeah... Markus-that's so long, maybe he will let me get away with a nickname?-said we would talk after this... I wonder what about? What if he want's me to be his sidekick! Or maybe he wants to scold and lecture me.... I guess I'll find out. We've reached the top of the ladder.

Computing Magus Computing Magus

[Haku]

"We have to use the portals to get to one of the entrances of Brinkhaven first and then take a bus out," Haku explains.

Haku fiddles with her Z-Watch to pinpoint the exact location, "It seems that the bus stops in the village itself, but we'll have to walk a little to reach the requester's location.
She starts leading the way, exiting the Elemental Faction and going through a portal to the edge of Brinkhaven.
They wait a while for a bus, and it eventually comes by and takes them out.

Attempting to make conversation, Haku asks Alex, "So do you have any aspirations as to what you'll do after you finish high school?"

[Haku]

"We have to use the portals to get to one of the entrances of Brinkhaven first and then take a bus out," Haku explains.

Haku fiddles with her Z-Watch to pinpoint the exact location, "It seems that the bus stops in the village itself, but we'll have to walk a little to reach the requester's location.
She starts leading the way, exiting the Elemental Faction and going through a portal to the edge of Brinkhaven.
They wait a while for a bus, and it eventually comes by and takes them out.

Attempting to make conversation, Haku asks Alex, "So do you have any aspirations as to what you'll do after you finish high school?"

Alexander Cyphre

"I honestly don't know. I thought of opening a pastry shop or something like that, but...." I shrugged, not sure on how to conclude the phrase.

"I fear that I would find it boring after a bit, with my Gift and all. For now, I'll simply live one day after another, just trying different things."

Ayane Katou-

Markus! So, I was right! Kind of... Still getting over not having control of Aya, I slowly head up the ladder after him. I guess it's weird controlling a second body when I only had one for a second there. Ah! There's a second meaning for the word 'second'! Just noticed that... But then again, I've had two bodies my whole life. So why is it such a problem to have two now? Eh, whatever. Oh yeah... He asked a question, I guess I should answer.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I say through Ayane. For some reason I have to get used to Aya. But I've had both Ayane and Aya since birth! Why do I have to get used to her? EH, I guess it'll pass soon and I can be me again. Oh yeah... Markus-that's so long, maybe he will let me get away with a nickname?-said we would talk after this... I wonder what about? What if he want's me to be his sidekick! Or maybe he wants to scold and lecture me.... I guess I'll find out. We've reached the top of the ladder.

Ayane and Miyarkus reach to top, open the hatch, and proceed to go out one by one. Almost soon after, the store owner enters the room.

"Well, I assume that the shade has been taken care of? Thanks. It arrived with that new coffin from a rich family. As we tried to recover it to discover which particular family this corpse belonged to, that thing attacked us. I hope this was the correct solution..."

"Miyarkus, here's the payment, in official ReQuest standards." and the store owner gives him 100$ for his troubles. Miyarkus nods his thanks.

"Although..." the store owner said and looked at the two girls. He looks at them again, both eyes scrambling around to get a good look at 'em, stroking his beard and the other one snapping his fingers while thinking.

"I knew it! You two aren't gonna receive no money from me. You're not in a faction! Well, I also used to be part of one when I was a year older then you were and that was great! You see, me and my friends--" and they continue to speak in a haughty manner. Miyarkus approaches Ayane, while still looking at the store owner as if he was listening.

"... he can deduce things and make the correct assumptions. Somehow, they're always correct; that's his gift. He was fantastic at predicting enemies moves in a fight back then. Now, he retired here." Miyarkus told about 'em in a nutshell.

"--and then they were like, mayhem and a lot of Alots came rampaging! Hah! Best job I've ever taken... oh, also sorry young ladies, but ask that caretaker of yours instead... no, wait y'know what, keep those sleeping darts and that night-vision glasses you're holding, sweetie. Hey, Miyarkus, 50$ bucks for those equipment you borrowed!" the store owner said, and just like that half of the reward money is immediately spent, much to Miyarkus' plans for his savings.

"Now move along and thanks again!" and then the huge store owner pushes 'em effortlessly to the store's exit, and closes the door behind 'em.

"Let's proceed back to Bobert's Bread." Miyarkus said, and began walking a bit slower than last time so Ayane can follow beside him.

"... do you have any relatives here in Derika?" Miyarkus asked Ayane, or at least he addresses one of her bodies.

431101134 431101134

Ayane and Miyarkus reach to top, open the hatch, and proceed to go out one by one. Almost soon after, the store owner enters the room.

"Well, I assume that the shade has been taken care of? Thanks. It arrived with that new coffin from a rich family. As we tried to recover it to discover which particular family this corpse belonged to, that thing attacked us. I hope this was the correct solution..."

"Miyarkus, here's the payment, in official ReQuest standards." and the store owner gives him 100$ for his troubles. Miyarkus nods his thanks.

"Although..." the store owner said and looked at the two girls. He looks at them again, both eyes scrambling around to get a good look at 'em, stroking his beard and the other one snapping his fingers while thinking.

"I knew it! You two aren't gonna receive no money from me. You're not in a faction! Well, I also used to be part of one when I was a year older then you were and that was great! You see, me and my friends--" and they continue to speak in a haughty manner. Miyarkus approaches Ayane, while still looking at the store owner as if he was listening.

"... he can deduce things and make the correct assumptions. Somehow, they're always correct; that's his gift. He was fantastic at predicting enemies moves in a fight back then. Now, he retired here." Miyarkus told about 'em in a nutshell.

"--and then they were like, mayhem and a lot of Alots came rampaging! Hah! Best job I've ever taken... oh, also sorry young ladies, but ask that caretaker of yours instead... no, wait y'know what, keep those sleeping darts and that night-vision glasses you're holding, sweetie. Hey, Miyarkus, 50$ bucks for those equipment you borrowed!" the store owner said, and just like that half of the reward money is immediately spent, much to Miyarkus' plans for his savings.

"Now move along and thanks again!" and then the huge store owner pushes 'em effortlessly to the store's exit, and closes the door behind 'em.

"Let's proceed back to Bobert's Bread." Miyarkus said, and began walking a bit slower than last time so Ayane can follow beside him.

"... do you have any relatives here in Derika?" Miyarkus asked Ayane, or at least he addresses one of her bodies.

@431101134

Ayane Katou-

Ah. Right. So. The guy talked to me like I was one person. I guess his gift told him that or something... Right, Mar asked me a question. But-I can't get payed! Noooooo. What a bummer. Doing all that. EH! I'll make it up! I'll do more hero stuff! Yeah. Right then, relatives. At least the guy let me keep the other stuff. Ah-don't get distracted!

"No. I just got here and I want to live here, I still have to sign up at a faction or immigrate or something," I tell Mar as we walk back to Bobert's. Good thing he looked at Ayane, I'm still uncomfortable with Aya. Taking my hair's down I put the hair-ties onto Ayane's person.

Ayane Katou-

Ah. Right. So. The guy talked to me like I was one person. I guess his gift told him that or something... Right, Mar asked me a question. But-I can't get payed! Noooooo. What a bummer. Doing all that. EH! I'll make it up! I'll do more hero stuff! Yeah. Right then, relatives. At least the guy let me keep the other stuff. Ah-don't get distracted!

"No. I just got here and I want to live here, I still have to sign up at a faction or immigrate or something," I tell Mar as we walk back to Bobert's. Good thing he looked at Ayane, I'm still uncomfortable with Aya. Taking my hair's down I put the hair-ties onto Ayane's person.

They arrive at Bobert's Bread again shortly after her reply. He takes the table Aya and Ayane were in before, and beckons them to take a seat. He leaves shortly to buy an assorted pack of pastries and some juice for him, Aya, and Ayane. He returns to the table, and urges them to eat. He takes a bite out of one of the chocolate cake. Whether he can digest such a thing or not is a question he has never been asked of.

"Are you sure really want to go recruit for a faction? It does give you a place to live, but you both have to be active in doing jobs and such. I'm not saying both of you shouldn't join, in fact I'd be glad to escort you guys to the faction building, but I want to ask if this is a decision you both are sure that you both haven't taken lightly."

"... oh yeah. Do you both have immigration papers? No worries if you both don't."

431101134 431101134

When we arrived at Bobert's Bread, I took the seats Mar motioned to and watch as he got some food. How nice, buying me stuff that I can't buy myself. Having Aya eat so I wouldn't have to have her do too many things, I think about the questions Mar asked.

Am I sure? I mean, it's all I can really do to live here, doing jobs and stuff. And being a hero sounds cool. Maybe I am taking this too lightly, I am going to be putting my life on the line... but what else can I do? I can't really do anything too good, so getting a job isn't really an option... I could go back to school? But I don't have any money to pay for that either.... All I can really do is join a faction. And it doesn't seem too bad at all, either! Like the ETG.

I'm about to reply when Mar asks about my papers. Uh... papers? No... I don't have any...

"I'm sure, I can't do much else besides join a faction anyway. And... uh... no. I didn't think to grab them... I guess..." Ayane says, scratching the back of her head. Hopefully that's not too bad.... he did say it wasn't a problem... Wait a second.

How is a skeleton supposed to process food?

When we arrived at Bobert's Bread, I took the seats Mar motioned to and watch as he got some food. How nice, buying me stuff that I can't buy myself. Having Aya eat so I wouldn't have to have her do too many things, I think about the questions Mar asked.

Am I sure? I mean, it's all I can really do to live here, doing jobs and stuff. And being a hero sounds cool. Maybe I am taking this too lightly, I am going to be putting my life on the line... but what else can I do? I can't really do anything too good, so getting a job isn't really an option... I could go back to school? But I don't have any money to pay for that either.... All I can really do is join a faction. And it doesn't seem too bad at all, either! Like the ETG.

I'm about to reply when Mar asks about my papers. Uh... papers? No... I don't have any...

"I'm sure, I can't do much else besides join a faction anyway. And... uh... no. I didn't think to grab them... I guess..." Ayane says, scratching the back of her head. Hopefully that's not too bad.... he did say it wasn't a problem... Wait a second.

How is a skeleton supposed to process food?

"Okay, that's fine, I guess. You'll just have to make some new ones once you're registering. For now, let's just rest for a bit after that encounter." Miyarkus said to Ayane. The bakery is relatively peaceful for now, and is probably the best place he goes to.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your story? We can leave once we're done eating" Miyarkus simply asked her.

The gaggle of people around the bakery don't make much noise aside from small talk and the busy calls they make. It's still bright outside even before all of the events that happened.

"Actually, never mind--" and Miyarkus swallowed two cake slices whole, and stands up. He forgets his mango juice that he didn't drink yet and already prepares to leave.

"--we should get going quickly. Better early than never, or something. The faction recruitment building should be able to get you to your designated faction today. I highly doubt we'll be in the same one though."

431101134 431101134

Users who are viewing this thread

Back