• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Depths & Wilds [Dungeon World] (OPEN)

My preference is for the world to be divided into tribes, smallish kingdoms, and city-states, with those divisions being the primary source of conflict, rather than an "enemy of all." This puts faces and personalities on the greatest obstacles, as well as makes them more fluid.

That said, I'll go along with what everyone else wants.
Yes, I like this idea too. I’d like to at least START more pedestrian with people and small communities asking for things being the main thrust of play. Dungeons included.

N.K. Jemisin's excellent Broken Earth trilogy asks:
View attachment 905699

The Earth hates you for trying to enslave it to power your magical fusion reactor, and because of the constant natural disasters it hurls at you everyone is politically fragmented and fighting viciously over scarce resources in a post-post-post apocalyptic wasteland!
I haven’t read it. Good?

N.K. Jemisin is, in my opinion, the finest fantasy/speculative fiction author of our generation. The Broken Earth Trilogy is the only series to ever win three Hugos in a row, one for each of the novels in the series as it was published. Her understanding of the structural underpinnings of oppression and the roots of power, and her ability to craft that understanding into gripping stories with memorable characters in wildly original settings is simply unmatched.

tl;dr Yes. Good.

Damn! Okay! I’ll definitely check it out, then! It will tide me over while I wait for my next Red Rising book.

Okay everyone. OOC and Character sheet threads are up!

D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word Vaneheart Vaneheart Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Bone2pick Bone2pick

Very interested! Never played with a system like this but it sounds like a good time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back