• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 𝔻𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕟'𝕤 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕜𝕖𝕟 ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Nothingness

Two Thousand Club

scroll
Vincent Zhao

Haven City, Heading for Sky Reach Sanctum

interactions: Leaders/Second-in-commands

Another rainy evening, while it wasn't exactly his favorite type of weather, it was still nice to have the rain to help the crops grow. With one step being taken after the other, Vincent strolled down the sidewalk while wearing a black suit and tie as he held onto a black umbrella over his head the entire walk. From time to time, his single golden eye glanced up towards the party cloudy night sky while the light of the moon peaked over a few of the clouds and yet rain still fell. It was the third night of rain and he could see the annoyance of some of the citizens as they ran across streets looking for cover from the rain while many of those who had opened up their shops had been carefully closing their stalls to avoid getting their merchandise wet. Those that noticed Vincent gave waves and smiles as he returned the friendly gesture with ones of his own.

Eventually as he came to a stop at one of the local coffee shops that he frequently visited; Vincent raised his right hand before opening his palm slowly. Seconds passed and the temperature surrounding him began to drop significantly till even his breath was able to be seen. In a matter of moments, three small canaries began to form, made out of solid ice, the three birds chirped and hopped around from his palms to his fingers and even slightly up his arm. "You know what you must do. Go." Speaking in a rather hushed tone, the three canaries nodded as they immediately flapped their wings just to fly off in different directions. Meanwhile, Akane, Vincent's wolf pup had pawed at his pants while giving off low whimpers to get his attention down towards her. That was unlike her, Akane never whimpered like that, or at least not unless there was a good reason for it. Squatting down in front of the small canine, he'd lift the pup into his arms while curiously arching a brow towards her. "Hm? Whats wrong Akane?" Even after lifting her up into his arms, the pup still whimpered before burying her snout into Vincent's shoulder only to end up resting her chin upon his shoulder soon after.

While still curious as to Akane's reaction, Vincent had no choice but to ignore it for the time being as he had sent the message to the recipients of those that he wished to call for, so that meant he had to at least proceed to follow up with the beginning of the plan and head to the correct location to begin with.

Each of the three ice canaries were to locate and approach each of the three remaining leaders of Haven and if they were unable to reach them, then they were to locate the seconds-in-command at the very least. Once locating one of the two highest ranking members of each clan, the bird would end up morphing into a letter containing an invitation to a meeting at Sky Reach Sanctum and that it was regarding an urgent matter. At the bottom of the letter was Vincent's signature. By the time the recipient had finished reading the letter, it would shatter in their hands to avoid any unnecessary eyes peaking at it.
Anyone who was not a leader nor second-in-command that would attempt to capture the bird would have the canary shatter in their palms before a replacement one would reform from the remains before flying off in the continued search for their target.

♡coded by uxie♡

Asmoday was having a busy day. Papers everywhere, people constantly coming into his office to ask for random things, and it got to the point where he'd had enough. "CARMINE! No one enters unless it's truly an emergency." He closes and locks the door, sighing a bit as he sits down. It's been raining all day, making any outside event impossible. He looks around at the mess. "Eeeeh... I'll clean this later." He picks up a book he's been reading about applications of magic. The book is battered and its pages are stained with old liquid that spilled on it while he was studying in school. Every student has this book and is required to learn everything moderately well before he or she graduates. Just then, a canaries made of ice pecks on his window. "Eh?" He stands up and opens the window, inviting the canaries in. When he touches it, a letter forms in his hand. "Sky Reach Sanctum..." After reading the letter, it disappears into nothing. "I wonder what the topic will be this time..." He strides out of his office. "CARMINE! We're going to Sky Reach Sanctum right away."

Carmine was in bliss. It had been overcast and gloomy the whole day, blotting out the garish sunlight. Drizzle and downpour cleansed the filth from the streets, thinning out the herd of humanity and demon outside. To top it all off, he got to spend the day attending to his lords every whim. It was a delicate balance like the spurt of blood with each heartbeat. Too slow and the mind would fade, too fast and the heart would explode. His lord was a busy man and with the upcoming war games, the bicentennial celebration, and various insurgencies to put down it was a particularly busy day.

“Prepare my lords evening coffee…” Carmine started to say, then paused sensing the frantic pace of the day, “Perhaps it’s whisky.” He frowned, pondering the best beverage to pair with his lords busy schedule, the gloom outside, and the approaching evening. “Have chief prepare the bread pudding and whisky, neat, one glass only.” Carmine flicked his hand, dismissing the page without further glance.

Asmoday shouted, "CARMINE! No one enters unless it's truly an emergency." His lord closed and locked the door.

Carmine could hear the soft sigh of his lord and the faint squeak of his lords favorite sitting chair. He slit the palm of his left hand with the claw of his right forefinger. He needed be so dramatic, but he enjoyed the drama. It took but a moment to scrawl a Blood Sigil on the door. Should anyone approach, their blood would start to burn. First their head would pound and their heart stir. If they didn’t flee, their skin would become feverish and within the span of several heart beats blood would begin to seep out of every orifice. Laying down the magical array, calibrating it to a wide spectrum of both demonic and humanity blood essence, and fueling with a vast swath of his own internal energy took five minutes. He took a step back and nodded to himself, leaving the antechamber.

He gestured to the squad of Wraith-class commandos whose body armor allowed them to blend into the surroundings. Not so much to hide as to be unobtrusive and inconspicuous so his lord did not feel overwhelmed. “Commander, call in a pair of the Doom Guard. I don’t want anything to enter our lords chambers. Expand the no fly perimeter, thirty Skeksis minimum out to five acre with at least five magi. Lay down a-”

Asmoday strode out of his office. "CARMINE! We're going to Sky Reach Sanctum right away."

Carmine snapped to attention, giving Asmoday a curt bow. “I will ready the Airship, Bloody Apocalypse. It is such a lovely ambiance to enjoy the brisk evening gloom.” Carmine smiled a radiant smile. Only his lord could be filled with such vigor as to require but a moment of mediation before jaunting off on another small adventure.

Still, Carmine’s eyes swept through Asmoday’s study. His lord’s study would have to be cleaned; the maids had been remiss again in their duties. He would punish them in equal measure to their incompetence, but it was better to wait until after his lord retired for the evening. Carmine’s eyes twinkled at seeing the battered copy of the Second Edition of Applications of Magic: An Elementary Introduction. Only his lord could find enlightenment in something so mundane. All the world’s secrets were Asmoday’s to plunder.

What caused him to frown was the sprinkling of water drops on the hardwood floor. There was something off. They hadn’t been there earlier, but no matter. His lord’s will was all consuming.

“This way my lord.”

Last edited:

yuhwa aeng

ravinca leader.

alias

hananoami.

nicknames

pretty boy, pinkie, cherry, yunnie.

title

pink spider lily, little trickster.

species

demon.

pronouns

he / him.

" twenty-five ".

abilities

shapeshifting, shield construction, weapon proficiency.

clan ability

falling yin.

i prefer not to think before speaking. i like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth. sometimes it ends well, and other times? not so much.

i've lost myself long ago

THE PINKETTE BOUNCED ON THE PADS of his feet, watching the florist go about gathering camellias and sunflowers into a bouquet. He let out an audible chirp at the florist, grinning at the sight. His head tilted, glancing over his shoulder at the display of flowers throughout the small shop he’d frequent weekly. Should he get another color? He hummed, canines digging into the soft flesh of his bottom lip, lost in thought. Should I? He wasn’t positive.

Yuhwa pivoted on his heels, hand flicking out to make sure his red mask remained in place. His hooded hues narrowed, tongue slipping out to rest against the corner of his lips. He squeaked, tripping over his feet. His hand snapping out to grasp the counter, laughing to himself. That would have been bad. He thought.

“Oh, gosh—! Are you alright, Hananoami?” The florist rushed over towards the Ravnica leader.

Yuhwa laughed, waving his hand. “I’m alright! Just a little clumsy, that’s all.” He chirped. The florist didn’t seem convinced, but had let it go allowing Yuhwa to breathe a sigh of relief.

He shouldn’t have stayed up the past two days, but no matter. He had been close to finishing one of his unfinished projects. But once he started something, the male struggled to take breaks. He supposed most his diet comprised nothing but caffeine and the occasional snack. It wasn’t much, but he managed day by day.

“Here’s you go Hananoami!” The florist held out the bouquet. Yuhwa’s eyes brightened behind the mask. He reached forward, scooping up the arrangement and hugged it to his chest protectively.

“Thank you!” He wiggled his fingers in a silent goodbye. The pinkette headed out into the bustling city of Haven. The male dipped his head to a few passersby who nodded their heads in acknowledgement as they ran for cover. Yuhwa had been smart enough to tuck the bouquet beneath his trench coat that engulfed his compact frame.

He didn’t mind the rain. It was the thunder that scared him. He hoped none would come. The light blue hued male had much to do, not wanting to leave everything to his second command and fellow members.

He began his walk, hurrying along the familiar path he knew by heart. It hadn’t taken him over thirteen minutes, his pink-hair now a darker shade, plastered to his nap and forehead. He huffed. “I should have brought an umbrella.” The male was quick to shrug it off. He’d change into the extra clothing he’d stash in his office. He hoped he didn’t fall ill. Yuhwa shivered.

He’d have to see if he could snatch some medicine. The male shook his head. He wouldn’t need it. He hadn’t been under the rain for too long. He should be alright. There was no point in worrying others if they didn’t need to worry.

“Hello everyone!” He chirped despite his rain-soaked appearance. At least the flowers are safe. He gave a quick wave to the others, hurrying up to his office.

“Home sweet home.” He jokes. The office was more of a home than his actual home. He laughed at the thought, shaking his head.

Yuhwa untucked the flowers from beneath his trench coat, slipping off the article of clothing that pooled onto the floor. He hopped over it to place the flowers on his desk. The male hurrying to grab his secondary outfit while stripping out of his wet clothing.

His light colored hues flickered towards the door, lips puckering in thought behind his mask. Did I lock the door? He shrugged. It wasn’t like anyone had walked in on him before. It should be alright? He blinked. The male continuing to dry himself off with a small towel, ruffling his light strawberry locks.

Yuhwa hummed in satisfaction, going about pulling on his dry clothes that comprised a black turtleneck sleeveless crop top that faded to a dark grey paired with a tight fitted dress pants of a similar gradient. Yuhwa hurried to slip on his black calf-high boots, fingers nimbly tying the strings with practiced ease. He hummed in accomplishment.

The male reaching to slip on his baggy jacket with puffy sleeves that faded from a dark grey to a familiar pinkish hue. Now that’s finished. He glanced at the flowers, reaching to slip off his mask, placing it on the desk with a soft clank.

“Huh?” His brows furrowed at the soft chirp of a bird. His head cocked, gaze flickering to see an ice canary fluttering about. His lips parted in an o at the sight. The male hurrying to open the window with an apologetic blink of his eyes. “Didn’t see you there. Hopefully, you haven’t been waiting.” He spoke to the canary despite knowing it wouldn’t understand him.

He reached out to touch the bird, jumping in surprise as it morphed into a letter. “Oh!” He quickly scanned the letter, soaking up its continents with a tilt of his head. “Sky Reach Sanctum? I wonder…” His brows furrowed in thought. He hoped it wasn’t anything too serious. He’d hate to think something horrible happened, but it was expected.

The ice canary shortly shattered causing the male to squeak, tossing his hands in the air instinctively. He flushed in embarrassment, letting his arms flop to his side. He hoped to hell no one noticed that. Sky Reach Sanctum, huh? He mused. The male glancing at the flowers, sighing in defeat.

He’d have to take them after the meeting. He smiled wishfully. I’ll visit you soon. He vowed with a bob of his head.

Yuhwa reached to slip on his red-hued mask, securing it onto his head. The pinkette hoped he wasn’t late, but when had he ever arrived on time. It was laughable. It seemed Yuhwa was cursed with arriving late to important meetings. It didn’t matter. He’d always end up with some elaborate story to tell the others, although he wondered if they ever believed him. He chuckled behind his mask, hands reaching to slip into the pockets of his baggy jacket, cocooning himself in its warmth.

He hurried out of his office, hip hitting the doorframe. “Oh, shit—!” He grumbled, rubbing his hip that was sure to bruise. Damn door. He glanced around, waving off some of his members who frowned in concern. “I’m alright! Tired, is all.” He laughed halfheartedly.

“I’ll be back shortly! I have to take care of some things!” He called out to anyone within earshot of him.

thoughts speech

i forgot what it's like to be loved.

you're a little tragedy, aren't you?

♡coded by uxie♡

The airship, Bloody Apocalypse, was a grand vessel created with Asmoday's specific instructions. It sported the clan colors on the outside and the inside as well, so everyone would know who it was. There were between 10-15 rooms aboard, enough for a small staff as well as Asmoday's room aboard the vessel. He liked to make sure his employees were well fed, well rested, and well taken care of. Maybe that's one of the reasons why he was sought out to be the clan leader.

“I will ready the Airship, Bloody Apocalypse. It is such a lovely ambiance to enjoy the brisk evening gloom.”

"Yes, I know how you like this weather. Maybe it'll last a few more days. How long will it take for the airship to be ready?" His thoughts about his second in command have always been favorable. Asmoday, although slightly biased, believed Carmine was simply the best second in command out of all the clans. No one could ask for a better second.

“This way my lord.”

Asmoday waved at his employees and wished them all a good night, addressing their names. After he left the work rooms, he "Lead the way, Carmine. And please do tell me how your day has been so far. I make a point to talk to everyone so I can better understand everyone's needs. It makes them better employees, in my opinion."

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

Arkos Charcoal was not happy with what he had.

He had the Ash Wolves, the protectors of humanity. He had their loyalty and their support...

What he didn't have, however, was information.

He was seated at a table, looking over maps of the various demon clans' territory, documents explaining their known strengths and weaknesses, everything and anything that could help humanity, he had it - and it was not enough.

He rubbed his face briefly, sighing in annoyance. This.... this getting ridiculous.

Arkos cleared his throat and looked around the room. His lieutents were assembled, and were waiting for his orders.

"Any word from the recon units?"

"None yet, sir."

"Perfect," Arkos muttered, curling his fingers into a fist. He hummed and then rapped his knuckles against the table. Looking over the map, he began deciphering everything he currently had.

"No doubt our enemies will seek to unit," he mused, "and we cannot afford that. We need someway to keep them divided..." He looked up. Obviously, he needed false flag operations. But those would extremely difficult to pull off.

"Or perhaps we could... hmm." He stood up straight, hand cupped around his chin, and tapped a finger against his jawline. Then he spoke again.

"Alright. I have an idea. When the recon units return, I want to be informed immediately." Arkos then glanced at his lieutents, his eyes peeking out from underneath the hood and his branding. "Here is what we'll do..."

Once he'd finished, he dismissed them while making it clear this plan was not to be leaked. Security must be maintained tightly. Even the slightest slipup could spell disaster. And the Ash Wolves could not afford that.

scroll
Vincent Zhao

Haven City, Sky Reach Sanctum; Meeting Room

interactions: N/A

Tags: N/A

With the concern that Vincent had for his small animal companion, his mind had been far too focused on his task at hand as well as the curious thought as to why Akane would be whimpering all of a sudden that he had completely forgotten to enter the coffee shop and grab a drink prior to continuing on his way towards Sky Reach Sanctum. While it was not a requirement, having a hot drink to sip upon walking and waiting in the meeting room would at least help pass the time.
Either way, Vincent wasn't too bothered by this fact and simply proceeded on his way.

The walk lasted all of a mere half an hour or so as he had already been on his way towards the tower prior to sending out the invitation as it was just to save himself some of the travel time. The meeting would not require those participating to be immediately present but the sooner they arrived the better.
As Vincent eventually stepped out into a large opening area that appeared to have been a large tourist area, he came to a halt only to slowly lean his head back and bring his gaze upwards simply to admire the sight of the tower. No matter how many times he had seen the place up close or from afar, he couldn't help but be in awe at the sight of something so large and so magnificent, just the thought that his father and the other founders created such a large city and were able to build something this large in the middle of it was just unimaginable. Eventually after a few minutes of simply standing there, he shook his head to clear his thoughts and proceeded towards the tower's entrance.

Upon reaching the front of the tower, he was greeted with several marble steps that lead up to a pair of glass double doors that would lead into the lobby. On both sides of the entrance stood two stone carved guardians, one human, the other demon, both held large stone claymores that crossed over above the entryway as a form of decoration. Meanwhile surrounding each of the four corners of the outside of the tower were statues of the former founders, at the bottom of each of the statues was a plate that detailed a summary of who they were and what they were like prior to their death.
Having no interest on seeing any of these statues, Vincent simply entered the tower's lobby area only to be greeted with families and newcomers alike either relaxing in the lounging area of the lobby or over by the receptionists' desks attempting to get details about rooms, get service, or anything that they might be needing assistance with at the time.

Since no one had been expecting a leader to suddenly arrive out of nowhere, no one paid much mind to Vincet's arrival and he much preferred it that way. Closing up his umbrella, he headed straight for the elevator on the back end of the lobby only to press the button to call for it. After it had arrived and he had entered, he placed his right hand over the first-floor button before the button had begun to shift from the energy signature of that of leader's had been present. Now revealing a symbol that was a crown on the button, he pressed it only to have the elevator shoot upwards at an immense speed and stop practically on a dime.
By the time the elevator doors had reopened, Vincent was greeted to a room he was all too familiar with. A long bright white hallway with a single black door at the end of it. On both sides of the door stood two individuals, one male and the other female. The male had been dressed in an all-black suit while his eyes were all white. The female was dressed in an all-white suit and her eyes were completely black. The male's hair had been all white while the female had pitch black, both their skin tones were as pale as ghosts.

As Vincent approached the doorway, the two individuals held up their right hands to command for him to stop. "State your business." As the two spoke in unison, he'd only exhale a deep a sigh before tugging at the collar of his shirt just to reveal the brand marking of his clan. "Vincent Zhao. Leader of the Black Rose Clan. I have called for a meeting with the other remaining leaders regarding an urgent matter." After confirming his identity regarding his mark, the two individuals slowly kneeled down before him to show their respects before allowing him to pass.
After entering and closing the door behind him, Vincent was greeted to a massive circular room with a single round table in the center of it, four throne-like seats surrounded the table and the walls consisted mainly of only windows revealing the entirety of the city around them. Approaching one of the seats, he'd sit down upon it only to have the symbol of his clan soon appear at the top of the throne, the entire seat itself immediately giving off a light bluish glow soon after.
With him being the first to arrive, Vincent only leaned forward upon the table just to rest his elbows onto it while he waited patiently for the rest to arrive.

♡coded by uxie♡

yuhwa aeng

ravinca leader.

alias

hananoami.

nicknames

title

species

demon.

pronouns

he / him.

" twenty-five ".

abilities

clan ability

falling yin.

i prefer not to think before speaking. i like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth. sometimes it ends well, and other times? not so much.

THE PINKETTE RUSHED TOWARDS THE DOORS, waving at a few people as he passed. His lips curled into a frown, canines worrying his bottom lip. His light blue hues flickered to where his office lay. I’ll come back, I promise. He couldn’t miss his half-brother’s anniversary. He sighed, reaching to brush a few strands of hair out of his eyes.

Yuhwa didn’t have time to dwell on it. There was a meeting he needed to attend to—one that could be important. He didn’t want to be late. Although he never had much luck with being early. The male chuckled, shaking his head. He’d given up trying to be on time.

He paused, foot out the door at the sight of the downpour. He squeaked, slamming the door shut. Umbrella. I need an umbrella. He spun around on the balls of his feet, stumbling a bit with the movement as he hurried back to his office. He grinned cheekily at the confused expressions. He offered a simple wave, slipping back into his office to grab his umbrella that was tossed inside one of his desk draws.

Nimble fingers curled around the handle, tugging the object free of its four-walled confinement. He hummed in celebration, twirling the umbrella around with a subtle croon. Found it!

The male turned around, exiting his office with no plans on returning unless after the meeting. He heard the audible click of the door shutting, bringing the male to hurry down the maze of hallways he’d gotten lost in one too many times. He was the leader and yet he still got lost. The male winced at the thought, grinning weakly to himself. “I need a map.” He sighed, deadpan. His left eye twitched, mouth sitting into a firm line. Some leader he was. He snorted.

Yuhwa hurried along, waving goodbye to those who were near the front entrance. His thumb gliding across the smooth surface, pressing the button to release it from its confinements. He held the object above his head, hurrying alone the sidewalk to reach his designation.

The pinkette would have taken one of the clan’s cars, but he’d rather walk. Yuhwa grimaced at the last time he tried to drive, almost wrecking two buildings. He wasn’t the best. He tried, but everyone was in danger with him by the wheel. He grumbled, cheeks puffing out into a pout followed by his bottom lip. He tried. Alright? Even the previous leader gave up trying to teach him and Yuhwa never needed to drive after that. He wondered if he was the only clan leader to suck at driving.

He hurried along the sidewalk towards Sky Reach Sanctum. The male reached to tug his jacket tighter around his sinewy frame. He was cold, alright? Yuhwa wasn’t a fan of being cold, although he enjoyed bundling up.

The pinkette followed the familiar path he’d taken to the Sky Reach Sanctum. The male passing the flower shop he’d visited prior. He hummed softly behind his mask, fingers reaching to poke at the hard material. His head tilting in thought. He always wondered what others would think if they saw who was behind the mask, but Yuhwa never really bothered with the fleeting thought. He enjoyed the mystery behind it all. He was Hananoami, and that’s all that really mattered.

# # #​

Yuhwa stood below the massive tower with awe. He’d never get over its beauty. His fingers twitched, itching to take it apart and put it back together. He grimaced. He had enough projects. Yuhwa didn’t need anymore, but when had that ever stopped him? He grinned cheekily behind the mask. Of course. One more could never hurt. He already had a terrible sleep pattern, what else could he do?

The pinkette slipped inside into the lobby, noting some families and others that roamed about. Yuhwa flinched at the few eyes that flickered over to him. He wasn’t that subtle with the mask and obvious pink hair that contrasted his dark-colored outfit. He stood out like a sore thumb if he was being honest. Whoops.

He’d close his umbrella, watching the droplets pelt his shoes. He tucked the still wet umbrella into his bosom, hugging the material close to his frame.

Yuhwa would have ogled over the agriculture the building offered, but he had a meeting to attend too. His bottom lip jutted out into a pout at the thought of having to sit for an extended period. The male could never sit still, seeming to fidget every second. He undoubtedly angered a lot of demons with the habit, but Yuhwa couldn’t stand to sit still. He always had to do something. Anything to quiet his overactive mind.

The pinkette headed towards the elevators, offering a dip of his head towards anyone who glanced in his direction. He pressed the button, waiting for the elevator to arrive. The tip of his shoe tapped the floor, arms crossed over his chest, fingers drumming nervously along his clothed biceps.

As the elevator arrived, the doors sliding open to reveal the awful box he hated. Yuhwa tutted, lips quirking into a grimace, stepping inside. Don’t you dare get stuck. He thought meekly. His soul would just above leave his body if it stopped. Leader killed on an elevator. That’d sure make headlines. He snorted at the chaotic thought, shaking his head.

He’d simply hover over the first-floor button, watching as it shifted to Yuhwa’s energy signature. He hummed behind his make, watching the interaction with hawk eyes. The familiar symbol of Ravinca flashed, cueing him to press the button. He yelped at the sudden movement, stumbling briefly only to regain his balance moments later. Asshole. He thought grumpily. A little warning next time, will you? He huffed. Yuhwa knew talking to an inanimate object inside his mind would be a clear sign of insanity, but it wasn’t as if he’d admit that out loud.

The elevator dinged allowing the short male to slip past the opened doors breathing a sigh of relief. His frame relaxed from being tensed throughout the ride.

A long stripe of white lay ahead with a singular door towards the end as Yuhwa walked closer. He bounced on the pads of his shoe-cladded feet, noting the two standing on either side of the door.

He paused, head cocked in curiosity as the two talked in unison. Creepy. He didn’t think he’d ever get used to those two talking in unison. “Eh? No hello?” He snickered, tapping his temple with his index finger.

The male introduced himself. “Hananoami! Reporting for duty!” He cheerfully exclaimed, adding on a two-finger salute.

He pouted. “The meeting? Vincent Zhao.” He waved his hand, reaching to drag a hand through his fluffy strawberry pink locks. “Very urgent!” He added while shrugging off his puffy jacket to expose porcelain flesh. Tugging at his sleeveless turtleneck to expose the Ravinca symbol on his collarbone.

The two would bow causing Yuhwa to grimace. He always hated that. He quickly bypassed the two towards the door, slipping inside to see the large circular room. He breathed in the familiar scents of the meeting room, light blue hues flickering to see Vincent. Of course he’d be here first. It’d be embarrassing if he had arrived late. He certainly wasn’t thinking of himself when he thought that. Of course not.

“Long time no see Zhao!” He chirped to the other, offering a simple finger wave. Yuhwa was quick to take one of the open seats, sliding in with practiced ease. He hummed, head tilted to stare at the familiar symbol of his clan appearing with the familiar colors. “I’m not late this time.” He chuckled, leaning forward to rest his forearms on the table. “That’s a first.”

thoughts speech

♡coded by uxie♡

YOU'RE A TRAGEDY

THE PINKETTE RUSHED TOWARDS THE DOORS, waving at a few people as he passed. His lips curled into a frown, canines worrying his bottom lip. His light blue hues flickered to where his office lay. I’ll come back, I promise. He couldn’t miss his half-brother’s anniversary. He sighed, reaching to brush a few strands of hair out of his eyes.

Yuhwa didn’t have time to dwell on it. There was a meeting he needed to attend to—one that could be important. He didn’t want to be late. Although he never had much luck with being early. The male chuckled, shaking his head. He’d given up trying to be on time.

He paused, foot out the door at the sight of the downpour. He squeaked, slamming the door shut. Umbrella. I need an umbrella. He spun around on the balls of his feet, stumbling a bit with the movement as he hurried back to his office. He grinned cheekily at the confused expressions. He offered a simple wave, slipping back into his office to grab his umbrella that was tossed inside one of his desk draws.

Nimble fingers curled around the handle, tugging the object free of its four-walled confinement. He hummed in celebration, twirling the umbrella around with a subtle croon. Found it!

The male turned around, exiting his office with no plans on returning unless after the meeting. He heard the audible click of the door shutting, bringing the male to hurry down the maze of hallways he’d gotten lost in one too many times. He was the leader and yet he still got lost. The male winced at the thought, grinning weakly to himself. “I need a map.” He sighed, deadpan. His left eye twitched, mouth sitting into a firm line. Some leader he was. He snorted.

Yuhwa hurried along, waving goodbye to those who were near the front entrance. His thumb gliding across the smooth surface, pressing the button to release it from its confinements. He held the object above his head, hurrying alone the sidewalk to reach his designation.

The pinkette would have taken one of the clan’s cars, but he’d rather walk. Yuhwa grimaced at the last time he tried to drive, almost wrecking two buildings. He wasn’t the best. He tried, but everyone was in danger with him by the wheel. He grumbled, cheeks puffing out into a pout followed by his bottom lip. He tried. Alright? Even the previous leader gave up trying to teach him and Yuhwa never needed to drive after that. He wondered if he was the only clan leader to suck at driving.

He hurried along the sidewalk towards Sky Reach Sanctum. The male reached to tug his jacket tighter around his sinewy frame. He was cold, alright? Yuhwa wasn’t a fan of being cold, although he enjoyed bundling up.

The pinkette followed the familiar path he’d taken to the Sky Reach Sanctum. The male passing the flower shop he’d visited prior. He hummed softly behind his mask, fingers reaching to poke at the hard material. His head tilting in thought. He always wondered what others would think if they saw who was behind the mask, but Yuhwa never really bothered with the fleeting thought. He enjoyed the mystery behind it all. He was Hananoami, and that’s all that really mattered.

# # #​

Yuhwa stood below the massive tower with awe. He’d never get over its beauty. His fingers twitched, itching to take it apart and put it back together. He grimaced. He had enough projects. Yuhwa didn’t need anymore, but when had that ever stopped him? He grinned cheekily behind the mask. Of course. One more could never hurt. He already had a terrible sleep pattern, what else could he do?

The pinkette slipped inside into the lobby, noting some families and others that roamed about. Yuhwa flinched at the few eyes that flickered over to him. He wasn’t that subtle with the mask and obvious pink hair that contrasted his dark-colored outfit. He stood out like a sore thumb if he was being honest. Whoops.

He’d close his umbrella, watching the droplets pelt his shoes. He tucked the still wet umbrella into his bosom, hugging the material close to his frame.

Yuhwa would have ogled over the agriculture the building offered, but he had a meeting to attend too. His bottom lip jutted out into a pout at the thought of having to sit for an extended period. The male could never sit still, seeming to fidget every second. He undoubtedly angered a lot of demons with the habit, but Yuhwa couldn’t stand to sit still. He always had to do something. Anything to quiet his overactive mind.

The pinkette headed towards the elevators, offering a dip of his head towards anyone who glanced in his direction. He pressed the button, waiting for the elevator to arrive. The tip of his shoe tapped the floor, arms crossed over his chest, fingers drumming nervously along his clothed biceps.

As the elevator arrived, the doors sliding open to reveal the awful box he hated. Yuhwa tutted, lips quirking into a grimace, stepping inside. Don’t you dare get stuck. He thought meekly. His soul would just above leave his body if it stopped. Leader killed on an elevator. That’d sure make headlines. He snorted at the chaotic thought, shaking his head.

He’d simply hover over the first-floor button, watching as it shifted to Yuhwa’s energy signature. He hummed behind his make, watching the interaction with hawk eyes. The familiar symbol of Ravinca flashed, cueing him to press the button. He yelped at the sudden movement, stumbling briefly only to regain his balance moments later. Asshole. He thought grumpily. A little warning next time, will you? He huffed. Yuhwa knew talking to an inanimate object inside his mind would be a clear sign of insanity, but it wasn’t as if he’d admit that out loud.

The elevator dinged allowing the short male to slip past the opened doors breathing a sigh of relief. His frame relaxed from being tensed throughout the ride.

A long stripe of white lay ahead with a singular door towards the end as Yuhwa walked closer. He bounced on the pads of his shoe-cladded feet, noting the two standing on either side of the door.

He paused, head cocked in curiosity as the two talked in unison. Creepy. He didn’t think he’d ever get used to those two talking in unison. “Eh? No hello?” He snickered, tapping his temple with his index finger.

The male introduced himself. “Hananoami! Reporting for duty!” He cheerfully exclaimed, adding on a two-finger salute.

He pouted. “The meeting? Vincent Zhao.” He waved his hand, reaching to drag a hand through his fluffy strawberry pink locks. “Very urgent!” He added while shrugging off his puffy jacket to expose porcelain flesh. Tugging at his sleeveless turtleneck to expose the Ravinca symbol on his collarbone.

The two would bow causing Yuhwa to grimace. He always hated that. He quickly bypassed the two towards the door, slipping inside to see the large circular room. He breathed in the familiar scents of the meeting room, light blue hues flickering to see Vincent. Of course he’d be here first. It’d be embarrassing if he had arrived late. He certainly wasn’t thinking of himself when he thought that. Of course not.

“Long time no see Zhao!” He chirped to the other, offering a simple finger wave. Yuhwa was quick to take one of the open seats, sliding in with practiced ease. He hummed, head tilted to stare at the familiar symbol of his clan appearing with the familiar colors. “I’m not late this time.” He chuckled, leaning forward to rest his forearms on the table. “That’s a first.”
thoughts speech
AREN'T YOU?

Uta Katzen

Uta rolled the satiny captured rook between her thumb and forefinger, a glazed stare set upon the checkered board before her. In such a precarious case, are guerilla tactics all that’s left - would that be enough at all? She pressed the rook gently to her lower lip for a moment and closed her eyes. As for all the pieces captured, could they be of any use if they’re saved? A soft hum escaped her. With a free hand, she set the queen into position and sunk into her chair, tipping her head back against the rigid slats, silvery hair falling between the rosewood. “Check in two” she spoke smoothly. A hint of weariness glimmered across her empty face, as a cigarette now balanced from her lips. No use, they'll be dead already.

As easily as she had moved the last piece, she had disengaged from the match entirely. Bowing his head, her opponent lay down his king with an unsteady hand and stood from his seat, not once regarding her. He was young, unkempt and startlingly nervous, a reaction which was not uncommon among newer recruits with Katzen. The cause of this fear was unknown and decidedly misplaced, but she found it amusing nevertheless. After all, they are trained killers. There is nothing she could do that they could not in turn parry. Their nervousness, she thought, must be born from something more abstract. Word of mouth inevitably finds a way to become more colourful than life. Her trail of thought was soon cut off by the hard clicking of footsteps sounding from beside her. With her cheek upon the chair, her large, dark eyes set upon the source. Ah, Charcoal’s office, fortunate timing. She started for the door.

Not in the habit of waiting for an answer, she faced a curled fist towards her and gave the door two gentle knocks before opening. Taking a few long steps across the room, she pressed her back against the wall and said nothing, only cocking her head to one side. There was a pause, as she now beheld the scattered spread across the table, making what little sense of it she could from this unfavourable angle. It would seem he was more troubled by the recent revelations than even she - the disarray of papers and scrolls before him seemed like an unambiguous manifestation of this. Finally, she spoke, “How interesting.” The huntress drew closer to the table and outstretched her arm, brandishing the cigarette between two slender fingers. “Fire, please.”

The airship, Bloody Apocalypse, had started out as a grand vessel created his lord’s specific instructions. Carmine had taken the liberty to upgrade the vessel to be a true and proper symbol of his lord’s prowess as commander of Haven’s Military. It sported the clan colors on the outside and the inside as well as a full complement of magitech cannons and a surplus of munitions. Several of the rooms now served as barracks with a full unit of Doom Guards, Wraiths, and Blood Sworn on board whenever his lord traveled. Carmine had thoroughly enjoyed weeding the garden of the Bloody Moon’s military until there was the outer circle of competent and suitably motivated ground and aerial divisions with an inner circle of the Doom Guard, Moon Wraiths, and Blood Sworn who were both at peak competency and loyalty to his lord. The Blood Sword were intensely loyal to himself first and his lord second, but that couldn’t be helped, it was a by product of their creation. It’s also why he preferred using both the Doom Guard and Moon Wraiths for his lords protection detail. The Moon Wraiths specialized in unobtrusive and fanatical protection, while the Doom Guards specialized in overt and destructive annihilation of opposition to his lord.

For this trip, Carmine had brought along the Asmoday’s aide-de-camp to run the military affairs aboard the Bloody Apocalypse. Finally, there were the three maids and sole steward who were at least passable and would survive tonight’s purge of the incompetent. The four seems exceptionally attentive, which further pleased Carmine. One of Carmine’s chief duties was to ensure that his lord was both sought out and those who did reach his lord were acceptable for such an honor.

So when Asmody asked, “Yes, I know how you like this weather. Maybe it'll last a few more days. How long will it take for the airship to be ready?" His thoughts about his second in command have always been favorable. Asmoday, altho

Carmine could smile and bow low, “Yes my lord, it is quite generous of you to remember my various likes and dislikes. It brings me great pleasure to inform you the Bloody Apocalypse is always made ready for you. This way my lord.”

His lord said, "Lead the way, Carmine.”

And Carmine felt ecstasy at the opportunity to do so!

“And please do tell me how your day has been so far. I make a point to talk to everyone so I can better understand everyone's needs. It makes them better employees, in my opinion."

“My lord is ever so kind,” Carmine peered at the Under Secretary of Military affairs, who was also accompanying them, “Which should never be confused with weakness, as my lord’s power allows his generosity to show.”

Carmine caught Asmody up on the day’s goings on, highlighting the most important details and not bothering his lord with trivial ones like the weeding out of household staff, the new Bloodsworn battling to the death in the bowls of the University, or other such small matters. In this way, they made their way onto the Blood Apocalypse and towards the Sky Reach Sanctum, which had a no-fly zone naturally enforced by the Bloody Moon’s military, which meant that the Blood Apocalypse was cleared to use the aerial port on the Sky Reach Sanctum.

Darkbloom Darkbloom

Asmoday enjoyed his ride to the sanctum with whiskey and food that Carmine presented him with, watching the scenery as the sky vessel flew. It was a short but sweet ride, and when he arrived at the sanctum, he stepped off and approached the elevator. "Please stay with the vessel, Carmine. I will return shortly with news of the meeting where we can discuss next steps."

Asmoday got onto the elevator and it lifted him up at instant speed and stopped just as abruptly, but he was used to it. Getting off the elevator, he walks into the meeting room, passing by each of the leaders already present. "Hello, Vincent. Good day. Hello Pinky, you're just as... You, as you always are." He sits down in his assigned chair and waits for Vincent to start the meeting, twiddling his thumbs in the meantime.

Nothingness Nothingness blue tea blue tea

Last edited:
Uta Katzen

Uta rolled the satiny captured rook between her thumb and forefinger, a glazed stare set upon the checkered board before her. In such a precarious case, are guerilla tactics all that’s left - would that be enough at all? She pressed the rook gently to her lower lip for a moment and closed her eyes. As for all the pieces captured, could they be of any use if they’re saved? A soft hum escaped her. With a free hand, she set the queen into position and sunk into her chair, tipping her head back against the rigid slats, silvery hair falling between the rosewood. “Check in two” she spoke smoothly. A hint of weariness glimmered across her empty face, as a cigarette now balanced from her lips. No use, they'll be dead already.

As easily as she had moved the last piece, she had disengaged from the match entirely. Bowing his head, her opponent lay down his king with an unsteady hand and stood from his seat, not once regarding her. He was young, unkempt and startlingly nervous, a reaction which was not uncommon among newer recruits with Katzen. The cause of this fear was unknown and decidedly misplaced, but she found it amusing nevertheless. After all, they are trained killers. There is nothing she could do that they could not in turn parry. Their nervousness, she thought, must be born from something more abstract. Word of mouth inevitably finds a way to become more colourful than life. Her trail of thought was soon cut off by the hard clicking of footsteps sounding from beside her. With her cheek upon the chair, her large, dark eyes set upon the source. Ah, Charcoal’s office, fortunate timing. She started for the door.

Not in the habit of waiting for an answer, she faced a curled fist towards her and gave the door two gentle knocks before opening. Taking a few long steps across the room, she pressed her back against the wall and said nothing, only cocking her head to one side. There was a pause, as she now beheld the scattered spread across the table, making what little sense of it she could from this unfavourable angle. It would seem he was more troubled by the recent revelations than even she - the disarray of papers and scrolls before him seemed like an unambiguous manifestation of this. Finally, she spoke, “How interesting.” The huntress drew closer to the table and outstretched her arm, brandishing the cigarette between two slender fingers. “Fire, please.”
Arkos gave her a glance, raising an eyebrow, unamused.

"Uta, not the time." He pushed her hand away. "But I'm pleased to see you. Look at this." He held up a piece of paper for her, tapping one section in particular. "We're seeing a decrease in support in Haven. This is... not good." Arkos sighed and leaned back in his seat. "On top of that, research into the ferals is done. For good. Given what we know so far, which isn't a lot, I'm putting paid to any attempt at breaching the Containment Zone. That would be the definition of insanity. However... there is something else. The leaders of the clans are meeting today. And I've got an idea..."

He leaned across the table to her. "We strike right now. We blow them to pieces and strike a hole so deep in their leadership they'll be scattered like maggots after hatching." A smile came over his face. "We do this, we don't just cripple them for a while - we remind all humanity why demonkind hides in Haven." His smile had turned to a scowl. "And I'll be damned if I ever let them forget it."

He stood up, flexing one arm and rolling the other. "This attack will need to be done with the utmost precision. We have to move into Haven and scout the location, plan this piece by piece, and plan for when those pieces break. And as such-" He looked her dead in the eyes now, face unreadable and hard, "we'll be leading this together. Understood?"

Uta Katzen

She lowered her cigarette, and though she showed no sign of it, Arkos could likely recognise her disappointment. She began to listen.

"Scattered like maggots..." She repeated finally, quietly mulling over each prolonged syllable. The sound of these words rolling off her tongue seemed enough to please her. Uta's stare met his, and a hand drew up in salute "Sir, yes, sir." There was a certain facetiousness underlying her tone, one which she has never quite been able to stifle. "Though they were horn-brained* enough to release such sensitive information, I think we can assume that is where our upper hand ends. Among the four clans, one of them must have considered additional defences..." Uta ran through the logistics in her head, but to no avail, her face screwed into a faint, mournful sulk. It was an onerous mission, but it had to be done. It's mannerless to deny an invitation, after all.

She flattened the map, exhaling bitterly. As her prowess was in stealth rather than any offensive strength, Katzen had been stationed in Haven during undercover operations in the past. Their culture sickened her, yet she recalls these times quite fondly, if only from naive sentimentality. This offered no new lease of knowledge for today's undertakings, but as she examined the map, she felt the ease of familiarity come over her. "Of course, each headquarter is fortified by default," her head fell, gliding a pristinely manicured fingernail across the paper as she spoke. "depending on which division called for the meeting, there's a chance the meeting will be held near their own." She now traced back to the centre of Haven "And here, they have a monopoly on defences from every angle, but with the cost of delay in calling for reinforcements. These would be my guesses.”

*a made-up insult to call demons big dumb

Aristides Palomino Ridder​

A few days ago

‘We must burnish the old ways.’ The man scratched his head and then added, ‘Or we havenʼt a chance in the new world.’

Aristides shrugged. ‘I understand.’

‘Do you—do you have any family here?’

‘No, sir.’

‘That is good. I donʼt think itʼll go well.’

‘It?’

‘The next few days at least. Canʼt you smell the air?’

Aristides sniffed: only the thick smog, ashy and dry. ‘Like yesteryear.’

‘Only worsening, intensifying.’

They were sipping tea—Aristides and his good friend, Hemos, each sobered by the cold, sad tea—and discussing the impoverishment of culture in the country, and the impoverishment of its people. In the metropolis, especially, where museums were prevalent and art was universally loathed. (‘Why would anyone care for it? Neither do they have the time, nor do they have the base inclination!’ exclaimed Hemos.) What people like them usually talk about. They brushed around the true reason for his visit, the marrow of their relationship, which was the prohibited zone: the center of the city, that ball of nothing. Hemos had come in, stiff-collared and sweating, telling him about the ‘new world’, as he put it, and had given him two or three affectionate slaps on his back. When the excitement had worn off, the salutations exchanged, his mood took a turn for the worse. The tea was a few hours old, meant for breakfast, but it didnʼt mean much to the old man. Hemos was almost thirty years his senior, an expert in anthropology, history and extra-racial relations, who had been appointed Aristidesʼ professor during his early years. He had moved to Haven after retirement, although he had obtained a tenure in a local college—Aristides forgot its name—somewhere.

‘It is something I must tread carefully on,’ began Aristides, taking another sip and frowning, ‘and I could be doing anything else, really. They call it a city of opportunity. I do not disagree, even with all the museums—’

Hemos interjected: ‘You can take over my history classes, Aristides. I have to go abroad in a few weeks, and better you than a random bloke.’

‘To my credit or to the blokeʼs discredit?’

‘The latter. Youʼd be lucky to find a man with even half-decent qualities here. The rest are rabble—prohibitors and propagandists.’

He stood up. ‘But this is why I left the university—’ and gesturing slowly at the vista that spread out beyond the veranda—‘to get to the root of the matter.’

‘You donʼt suppose this whole affair will give you a salary fitting to your station?’

‘No, I donʼt think so.’ Aristides gave a curt, steady nod. ‘But thank you for the offer.’

Hemos stood up too. ‘Look, this might not be as pretty as you imagine it to be.’

‘I know.’

‘Knowing isnʼt enough.’ He put on his hat and sighed. ‘Thatʼs our curse. We know a lot but we do little, so little.’

Before the old man could shoot off, Aristides asked, ‘And the letter?’

‘Here you go. Itʼs only an introduction, mind you, but if you manage to impress the fool—which isnʼt very difficult—youʼll get an easy in.’

‘I appreciate it, Hemos.’

‘Try not to get yourself killed.’

‘I wonʼt.’

However, Hemos didnʼt budge from his position, opting instead to stare out into the horizon. After a few minutes of awkward silence, he said, ‘Listen, you do need protection here. Especially if youʼre going to go and sniff around this city.’

Aristides could only manage a yawn in response. ‘So you say,’ he slowly drawled.

‘I know someone. He might help you around. Do you have money?’

‘Lord, no.’

‘Well, to hell with it. Iʼll pay him myself, you neednʼt worry.’

‘Send this,’ and with special emphasis, ‘contact of yours around whenever he feels comfortable. You know my address.’

‘I do. It was good to see you, Aristides. I think your students would be proud of you.’

Aristides raises an eyebrow. ‘I sure hope so.’

×​

Currently

Chastely, Aristides entered the headquarters of the Ash Wolves. The security committee had assigned him as a civilian liaison to the department. What the job precisely entailed, he had no idea, but it would give him the opportunity to take a closer seat and view the spectacle first-hand. He had the good grace of avoiding the dirty looks he kept getting from the rest of the officers, although the papers had cleared him well enough. No love was lost between him and the military; as was tradition, the politicos and the army generally kept themselves an armʼs length away from each other until they simply couldnʼt, until the inevitable entanglement came mutually upon their laps. Thus: whether he would be received well, or received at all, especially in the present, was a question that hung faintly in his mind. Yet someone had to do it, no? A daunting prospect and one Aristides had chosen to fully embrace.

He hoped they had been informed of his arrival beforehand. He disliked explaining himself; rather, he disliked the very idea of talking about himself, or about things that may have any regards to himself. It was a habit he had picked after his post at the university had come to a close, when he had briefly taken a job as a translator, then as an inspector. The interrogative mood, at some point, became antithetical to him. He was thankful, however, for his companion—Alastair, so he had called himself—, who, for all his ominous air, provided a counterweight to the tension in the A.W. headquarters.

‘The worldʼs had enough questions,’ he muttered to himself, before turning back towards his other. With a smile, he asked, ‘Well, what do you think, Alastair?’ He did appreciate his attendant—bodyguard, really—and his relatively keen mind, even in the short time they have been together, and was willing to hear his opinion on the state of things.

Xen6n Xen6n

×​

A little while after that

After winding around the office, humbled eventually by directions delivered with restrained contempt, he arrived at Arkos Charcoalʼs office. The door proved to be a steadfast foe. Taking a deep breath (the discomfort was primordial, for various reasons), he knocked on the door.

mocca mocca
VynnyBoy VynnyBoy

Last edited:

scroll
Vincent Zhao

Haven City, Sky Reach Sanctum; Meeting Room

interactions: Asmoday, Yuhwa

Minutes passed and Vincent remained in an unmoving position the entire time he waited for the other participants of the meeting to arrive, during which time his mind proceeded to go over his thoughts on the meeting. Shutting his one available golden eye, he recalled the events that led up to him believing it was time to call for this meeting.
-- One week prior --
It was midday, the weather was overcast, and the city was bustling with activity in every corner as usual during this time of day. Vincent had decided to go on a stroll throughout the market district of the Neutral Zone just to do some window shopping while Akane during this time had been riding along his shoulder. People throughout the district greeted him with the usual expected kindness that any leader or even second-in-command would receive by meeting the public. Giving light nods and smiles to those that paid him any mind, he eventually ended up purchasing a few bits of fruits and vegetables from a couple of stands here and there.

Just as he had decided to make a turn to head back to his home however, the sounds of a female scream followed by sobbing soon caught his attention along with a number of surrounding civilians. Dropping his belongings, Vincent rushed over towards the source of the distress which had been over by one of the electronic shops that had been advertising televisions through their window displays by having the electronics playing live footage of the news broadcast. It just so happened that the news broadcast at the time was on the subject of a gruesome murder occurring the previous night and how authorities were investigating the situation at the time. The person who had been sobbing was a middle-aged woman who had pressed herself up against the window display glass constantly denying what she had seen and heard. There was no doubt in his mind that the woman was related to the victim.

Eyeing the screenshots of the murder scene that the news channel actually believed would not be too graphic enough to show, Vincent took in several details that the ordinary civilian would not notice. Whoever or whatever had committed the murder had left a blood track, and just by the shape of the footprints, no shoe or ordinary foot could make those print. Cursing under his breath, Vincent knew well enough what it was and yet he still wanted to deny it. This wasn't the first incident of this sort of murder recently and every time, there was always some bit of proof that was pointing to the same thing this was. Ferals.
Vincent wanted to believe that he was just overthinking things and that there was no capable way it could be a feral since they were trapped in the contaminated zone. Yet, the details of how each of the murders have been quite similar to how a feral would kill their targets, but yet, ferals ate their victims. There were too many unanswered questions and confusion, far too much for one person to handle alone.
-- Back to Present --

With the sudden sound of a click of the handle to the door leading into the room being heard, Vincent immediately opened his left eye only to find that the person responsible was Yuhwa, leader of the Ravinca clan. Even as the pink haired waved and greeted him, Vincent would only give a slightly wave of one of his hands without a word of response while his fellow colleague took his own seat.
Not long after Yuhwa had made his appearance, the next individual was quick to arrive, this time it had been none other than Asmoday, leader over the Bloody Moon clan. Just as he did with the Ravinca leader, even when Asmoday had greeted those in the room, Vincent remained mostly silent only to respond with a wave of his hand and a nod of his head.

With three of the four leaders present at the meeting, Vincent had believed the final guest would not be long before they had also arrived. As the only person they currently waited upon was the leader of Serpent's Kiss clan, Beezlebub.
Minutes passed and soon enough it was becoming a rather chore to wait and delaying the meeting too long in Vincent's opinion was only giving the risk that someone else was possibly going to get hurt in the meantime. So, if anything it would be best to start the meeting now rather than later.

Clearing his thought, Vincent eventually straightened his posture in his seat before finally standing. Placing both palms onto the cool surface of the black marble-like surface of the large round table, he placed a hand over a specific point on the table surface before a large blue hologram of the entirety of the city revealed itself over the table. "So, first. Let me thank you all for your cooperation to come to this meeting in a rather quick fashion. While I am aware we are still missing Beezlebub, this situation cannot be delayed any longer. As I'm sure you're all curious as to the reason for this meeting..." During the midst of his statement, he'd end up dragging a finger along the base of his side of the table before flicking it upwards towards the hologram of the city; immediately, multiple red dots began to flicker in different parts throughout the city. "Recently, there have been multiple cases of murders throughout the city...while it would be understandable to push these murders off as ordinary crimes committed by criminals...these are no ordinary murders." After finishing his next comment, he'd once again drag another small dot from the base of his side of the table before once more flicking it above the hologram; this time however, the top of the hologram began to reveal multiple screenshots of the committed murders while it hovered around the room for those present to see and analyze how they wished.

"Tell me. If these were ordinary criminals, what kind of person has those kinds of footprints and is willing to tear a person apart in such a way?" After finally voicing his concerns on the beginning of the meeting, Vincent returned into his seated position as his gaze focused on the multiple different images just to see if he could possibly gain any further information that he might've missed during his own time.

♡coded by uxie♡

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */
    Nothing outside of you has any power over you. It is you alone who thinks for yourself, who acts for yourself, who lives for yourself. Take full ownership and fly.

Cazendra Virrer

/* ------ right side ------ */

“You are aware that this is wrong.” A voice over her shoulder muttered. Like a nasty fly- sitting in her ear and driving her nerves on the edge. Cazendra Virrer clapped her palm against the green creature's head. Criad was the kobold’s name.
“Ow!” he screeched and hopped from her chair. She cut him a glance only to ravish in his grimace. Criad had been her assistant for quite a time now. Well, more of an annoying rat than help but she tried to ignore it. He knew things of this territory that stood in no book.

The demoness sat up straight and stretched. “Be glad I didn’t zip you with my thunder.” More or less, it was electricity drawn from any source possible. But thunder had a doom sound to it whilst electro shock sounded like a child’s game.
Caz, you can’t just approve such a sum for a trivalic issue like that though,” he complained. He always complained. The siren flew over the report once more. A farmer requested aid due to a few machines of his being old and barely working. She sighed. Trivialic? No. Their territory was prominent for their goods. Any farmer experiencing hardships like these was a pressing matter. Caz laid the report to the approved pile.

That was Number 148 today. Only 200 complaints left.

Caz wondered if she would have enjoyed a day in the waters more than this, but she shook her stellar. It was not worth weighing the possibilities. Ever since Beezle had asked her to become her Second, she did everything for her. After all, being a leader was no fun.
She wondered though what said leader was doing. Attending another meeting? Hearing the sages out? or was she lost to another bookstore? Either way Cazendra had to get this done before noon. In the evening she wanted to train a little. Perhaps she had to force Beezle to some as well. She knew the female had dodged a few lessons.

“Can we go eat now?” the kobold cried. Gods, how could anyone be so annoying? But the nice Second-In-Command she was, Caz flashed her sharp set of teeth at him. “Maybe I will eat you instead.”

He grimaced once more before plumping down into his seat. Extra cushions lifted his tiny frame. Criad had fought her as she invented his own chairs but she had seen his tiny smile as he sat down in one for the first time. With a huff, Caz returned to another complaint. Another farmer.

“Oh, what!” she hissed and flung it to the disapproved stack. She ignored how much larger it was than the few on the other pile. Criad stared at her, anticipating what brought her to rage. Caz took a shuddering calming breath. “Some people– he truly wrote to me to complain about the river being a little on his bought lands!”

Criad fell into hysterical laughter. “What does he think I am going to do? Alter fucking nature?” The green gremlin couldn’t catch his breath for a second, almost rolling from his chair. Sure, he could laugh. But the Serpents had bigger issues. Things that went under in this pile of trash because of some entitled demons.

“I should pass a new law,” Caz said, already reading through another report. Another murder. Probably the fifth this month. She stored it in her desk. “They should all go to the dungeons for shit like this.”

“Maybe you should just warn them,”
Criad wiped an imaginary tear from his eyes. “After all, they do seem to be afraid.”

They were. Whilst their leader was blessed with a good heart, her Second was not. Cazendra became her shadow with claws. Always defending her, always keeping her people in check. Some exited stores whenever she entered them, others shut their windows and she frequently received nervous glances. Many of them, Caz knew from reading their smokes, were just afraid. Others hid something and later on landed mysteriously in prison.
Criad had become accustomed to her threats or the little shocks she sent him whenever he overstepped a line. The tiny kobold proved more worth than any of those demons. Even in these headquarters she was rather avoided. Yes, servants did bring her whatever she asked for and asked her three times a day if she needed help, but they often scurried along in the enormous villa. Whenever she trained, guards stood at the side in a safe distance. But even so far away, Caz always caught the awe and fear in their eyes. She marveled at it. Good, let them be afraid. Let them spread horrendous rumors. It brought her the respect she needed as an outsider.

Before she could take another paper, someone knocked at her door. Frequently.
Non-stop.
Caz was going to fry someone after all. She hurried to her door and almost ripped it out of its hinges. The guard did not step back. Fine, he would only get zipped-

“Miss Virrer, you need to hurry. It’s about our grand leader-”

She had heard enough. Without a split of a second passing, she sprinted down the hall. Beezle. What issues could there be? Did her favored character die? Did she water her book and was about to flood the entire headquarters? Caz swiftly ran down to the female’s office. Her body light, her feet only a fade breeze to the floor. A figure, grey and brown, kept her pace. This guard again–

“We tried to open her door after we heard a thud,” he panted. “She didn’t answer.”

Caz gave him a firm nod before forcing herself to be faster. Thud. No answer. Did Beezle collapse? A few seconds later, she arrived at the scene. Many guards crowded the door, tried to knock and get a miracle answer.
She pushed a few to the side. “Move,” Caz hissed and gained the entire space at the door. A wooden, luxurious thing. Like those things Beezle read about in the castles. Decorated with a river flowing down, twirling around the handle.
The siren’s eyes narrowed to slits, allowing her to detect smokes. But only those of the guards clouded her senses. Useless. Caz shook her head and her normal sight reappeared. She gave this damned door a good knock.

“Beezle? Are you in there? Did something happen?”

She counted. One, two, three. No answer.

Four, five, six. Still nothing.

Cazendra rolled her head on her shoulders. She gave a mental apology before running the locked door open. Only to be revealed to a body on the ground and a strong wave of metallic aroma. Her body froze.
The guards stuck their heads in but hesitated. They waited for her. But she couldn't– Beezle was– Get a hold of yourself. Caz rigged a breath. Her mouth iched before she finally managed to press out, “Sages… Go get the sages!”
The white haired siren thumbled inside. She didn’t know when she kneeled down but she did, nor when she took the head of the female into her lap. Her fingers rapidly searched for her pulse but… under this delicate skin moved nothing. Her pupils narrowed once more. Only a fading smoke was visible.

No.

No,no,no,no,no!

These headquarters were safe! Armed from head to foot guards, high security systems! Cazendra looked for the wound. She had overseen the deep slash in the abdomen region. One precise slash, a matter of seconds. Her skull turned like a machine. The window on the east side slightly swung. The world turned in a loop. All she saw was the west window being bashed open. Entrance and Exit.
Caz could hear herself as she bellowed, “The murderer is still here! Search the west wings you useless mutts!” And even though some guards were frozen, others were on the move. Her hand glid through the female’s hair. She took her figure in completely now.

Beezle was dressed formally? She always wore those to the… Neutral Zone. But why– Cazendra’s head shot up as three old demons stood in the leader’s chambers. The smaller one– the head sage—kneeled to her side. She could only watch his fingers testing for the pulse. The next thing she knew was crying. The taller sage started to sob.

Caz waited for that to hit her, too. Anger, frustration, devastation. Anything! But… nothing hit her. She saw her old home again. Her shredded father, her brother’s wide eyes. Until the image of her dead friend rained upon her.

Dead. Beezle was dead. Killed on a bright day in her own office.
Dead.
The sage turned to her. His wrinkly mouth moved.
Dead.
What… was he saying?
Dead. Beezle is dead.
He stopped. Caz noted his resting hand on her shoulder.
Dead in my arms.
Cazendra slowly got up, took steadying breathes. Slowly the noise and chaos from the halls ringed in her ears. The two remaining sages still cried with a few guards. Their eyes were fixed upon the body at her feet. The body that had belonged to her friend once.

And someone took that friend.

The electricity from the building dashed to her, flowing through her veins and bones now. Someone took Beezle from her and he was still here. Her nails dug into her palms, allowing a few sparkles to emerge and leash at the air around her. Caz stepped around the body, careful not to harm her.

Someone took her from me.

A hand stopped her. She whirled around, her fist raised in the air. The eldest sage only shook his head. “Calm down,” he said.
Calm? Calm?! How could– Caz sneered, “There is a murderer on the free run in my headquarters.” With her sharp finger she pointed at Beezle. “The one who took your leader.”
“The guards are handling it,”
he assured and gestured at the same body she was pointing at. “You noticed her clothes, right?”

Flashes remained cracking through the air around her, but she nodded. The sage took a breath as well. “I know you are raging,” he began. “But we cannot mourn her too long. Black Roses have called in a meeting.”
It extinguished her sparkles around her and she turned her entire frame to the sage. “What?”
“Yes, she was on her way there I assume. But she was already late, so we cannot let them wait any longer. You will have to attend this instant.”

Caz blinked at the old demon. And blinked and blinked. Was there any law restricting her from ripping a sage apart? Probably, regarding the fact they guarded the sacred temple and shit.
“Our leader,” she said, begging herself to not erupt into yelling, “was just killed and all you think about is a damned meeting? To hell with them!”

He shrunk, only a little bit, but he did. The elder gave her an apologetic look before he said once more, “Please, Cazendra. This territory cannot fall now.”
Caz sighed. Beezle would have wanted her to go there. She would have begged her to do so, too. Because a meeting on such short notice had a certain importance. Especially since Caz assumed all leaders have been called into the Neutral Zone.

Gods damned these people.

“Fine, but who will be the new leader after I return? Shouldn’t we take him or her with us and announce it?”

The sage exchanged a glance with his colleagues. Something in her gut twisted and she did absolutely not like that look. Her magic summoned the electricity once more. Just in case.

“Cazendra,” he gulped and tried to build his frame up. A pathetic sight, honestly. “We have seen your capabilities, what you can do. There is no one who could have achieved what you did in such a short span of time. We would like you to be the new leader.”

Beezle was dead. The world kept spinning and Caz was sure she probably just dreamed. This was a joke, a dream– a nightmare. Any second now the kobold would pinch her nose and she could whip her palm against his useless head.
But Caz knew better than that. The scent of death lingered in her nose, daring to take her back to the cave in the swamps. She blocked it out and focused on the facts laid in front of her.
Her leader dead. She was her Second. And she was just asked to be the new leader.
Fine, she understood where it came from. An active territory like this needed a leader role at the front. But her? Any step, any word– it would all be monitored. Everything she did or did not do would reflect on the territory. Anything her people would do would bite her in the ass sooner or later.

Gods. Damned. This.

But Beezle… Beezle would have wanted this. For her, no one could work as a replacement but Caz herself. Because she knew Caz would devote herself to any task, even this one. Beezle loved her people, her territory. Any threat to this might be a new leader. Someone who did not intend to carry on her legacy.

Oh Beezle, you better pay me back when I die one day.

“Fine,” Caz muttered, hitting herself in her mind. “Fine, I will do it.” Her voice had gone so utterly still and calm. The sage’s eyes lit with delight and he scurried her out of the chamber.

“We shall move soon. Dress nicely, Madam.” Madam- they caled Beezle that way. The old demons gave some orders about what to do with the body. But Caz was now the leader and with that her word ranked higher than theirs.

“Halt,” she said, bringing everyone to stop. Okay, okay she could do this. “Bring the body to safety and let it not rot. We will hold the funeral once I return. If anything happens to her, I will personally rip your heads off myself.”
The guards slowly nodded before following their given tasks. Caz sneaked through the hall, a ghost of herself. She could not bring herself to hold her head high. Not with all the weight crashing down on her. Beezle was dead and she inherited her role. The funeral would be soon and with that her coronation. A stupid procedure from the temple, where she had to give vows and shit.

The hallway, even though it was broad and long, was crowded. Crying and panicked staff ran to the chamber, some even bumping into her. Cazendra would have snapped, anything. But her body did not even try to bring up that much energy. At some point she arrived in her own room. Deep green walls with lighter patterns of water lilies. She scrambled a dress out of her garderobe. A dark one fitting to her knees. It covered her shoulders and bent down to a V at her back. It brought her muscles to shine a little, tuned her rather athletic bodice nicely. Dress nicely, the old scumbag had told her. She did. But no one said she couldn’t mourn at the same time.
Caz swung a golden necklace around her neck. Delicate and a flattering accent. She decided to stick small earrings on her ears. They looked like water drops twirled with a little ribbon. Beezle had gifted her these once. Although Cazendra never was a fan of accessories like these, she did wear them on special occasions. Something told her she would wear these a lot more from now on.

Cazendra wasn’t aware when she entered the then calm hallways again or when the sages took her to the boat. All she knew was that the metallic scent nested in her nose. She saw the territory passing, the people. Now they were her people. At some point she mentioned to the sages to not announce Beezle’s death yet. She was sure one of them sent a message to someone in the headquarters. A few rivers lead into the Neutral Zone, a way of transferring their goods. Caz only snapped back to reality once the boat stopped.

They were there. Sky Reach Sanctum. Two twin towers she hoped to never see again. Beezle had taken her a few times. Meetings with the other leaders were… rough. A tension her kind friend often displeased. Caz got out of the boat, unconsciously batting away the stretched out hand.

The elderly sage told her that they would only announce her new role and leave. Fine by her. She wasn’t feeling like explaining everything to them anyways. They would then send her another boat as in they took the one they used to get here. Like always, he talked too much. He blabbered about honour, loyalty and all those kinds of heroic sounding words. She spat on each of them. Beezle would have wanted this and somehow she could not leave this territory to doom. Criad would shake his head at her if she had refused. He would bicker about it for the rest of her life and she did not need that.
The old demons talked to the guards, each pair that kept them from continuing. What was that meeting about anyways? She would see. The meeting room, she remembered, was a fascinating creation. Bashed between the twin towers and hidden from the normal eye. It was enormous, too.
An elevator took them to the secret room. Again, a pair of guards stopped them.

“Only Leaders and Seconds can enter,” the gruff looking one pointed at her three sages. “You are not welcomed.”
Oh, they weren’t welcomed when her power leashed out on them. With gritted teeth, Caz danced around the for once speechless sages. The tower was full of sources, they sang to her, taunted her. But she took another one of her steadying breathes.

“I am the new leader of Serpent’s Kiss,” she made sure to stare each of them in the eyes. Their confusion would have usually marvelled her but her words hid the truth. Beezle’s death. “And in order to announce that to these idiots inside there, I need them. You either let them pass or I fry you right here. I had a terrible day so do not see how far you can come.”

And so they stepped aside. She beckoned the sages inside. The demons split the doors without so much as a knock and ventured inside. Caz held her head high this time as she entered with them. The two younger ones, and also slightly taller ones, hid her figure behind theirs.

“My apologies,” the elderly, small sage began. “You must have started and we dare to intrude. But we come with… news. Hereby I announce the fall of our former leader and the rise of our new one. Consider Cazendra Virrer your equal now.”

The two sages in front of her stepped aside to let her pass. Caz took the place besides the elder, running her eyes from leader to leader. They truly were the last to arrive. But the room still looked… nice. So, the meeting must have just started.

The demoness did not bow, did not wave. All she did was to say, “Let’s keep a good relationship between the clans in my reign.”

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

“You are aware that this is wrong.” A voice over her shoulder muttered. Like a nasty fly- sitting in her ear and driving her nerves on the edge. Cazendra Virrer clapped her palm against the green creature's head. Criad was the kobold’s name.
“Ow!” he screeched and hopped from her chair. She cut him a glance only to ravish in his grimace. Criad had been her assistant for quite a time now. Well, more of an annoying rat than help but she tried to ignore it. He knew things of this territory that stood in no book.

The demoness sat up straight and stretched. “Be glad I didn’t zip you with my thunder.” More or less, it was electricity drawn from any source possible. But thunder had a doom sound to it whilst electro shock sounded like a child’s game.
Caz, you can’t just approve such a sum for a trivalic issue like that though,” he complained. He always complained. The siren flew over the report once more. A farmer requested aid due to a few machines of his being old and barely working. She sighed. Trivialic? No. Their territory was prominent for their goods. Any farmer experiencing hardships like these was a pressing matter. Caz laid the report to the approved pile.

That was Number 148 today. Only 200 complaints left.

Caz wondered if she would have enjoyed a day in the waters more than this, but she shook her stellar. It was not worth weighing the possibilities. Ever since Beezle had asked her to become her Second, she did everything for her. After all, being a leader was no fun.
She wondered though what said leader was doing. Attending another meeting? Hearing the sages out? or was she lost to another bookstore? Either way Cazendra had to get this done before noon. In the evening she wanted to train a little. Perhaps she had to force Beezle to some as well. She knew the female had dodged a few lessons.

“Can we go eat now?” the kobold cried. Gods, how could anyone be so annoying? But the nice Second-In-Command she was, Caz flashed her sharp set of teeth at him. “Maybe I will eat you instead.”

He grimaced once more before plumping down into his seat. Extra cushions lifted his tiny frame. Criad had fought her as she invented his own chairs but she had seen his tiny smile as he sat down in one for the first time. With a huff, Caz returned to another complaint. Another farmer.

“Oh, what!” she hissed and flung it to the disapproved stack. She ignored how much larger it was than the few on the other pile. Criad stared at her, anticipating what brought her to rage. Caz took a shuddering calming breath. “Some people– he truly wrote to me to complain about the river being a little on his bought lands!”

Criad fell into hysterical laughter. “What does he think I am going to do? Alter fucking nature?” The green gremlin couldn’t catch his breath for a second, almost rolling from his chair. Sure, he could laugh. But the Serpents had bigger issues. Things that went under in this pile of trash because of some entitled demons.

“I should pass a new law,” Caz said, already reading through another report. Another murder. Probably the fifth this month. She stored it in her desk. “They should all go to the dungeons for shit like this.”

“Maybe you should just warn them,”
Criad wiped an imaginary tear from his eyes. “After all, they do seem to be afraid.”

They were. Whilst their leader was blessed with a good heart, her Second was not. Cazendra became her shadow with claws. Always defending her, always keeping her people in check. Some exited stores whenever she entered them, others shut their windows and she frequently received nervous glances. Many of them, Caz knew from reading their smokes, were just afraid. Others hid something and later on landed mysteriously in prison.
Criad had become accustomed to her threats or the little shocks she sent him whenever he overstepped a line. The tiny kobold proved more worth than any of those demons. Even in these headquarters she was rather avoided. Yes, servants did bring her whatever she asked for and asked her three times a day if she needed help, but they often scurried along in the enormous villa. Whenever she trained, guards stood at the side in a safe distance. But even so far away, Caz always caught the awe and fear in their eyes. She marveled at it. Good, let them be afraid. Let them spread horrendous rumors. It brought her the respect she needed as an outsider.

Before she could take another paper, someone knocked at her door. Frequently.
Non-stop.
Caz was going to fry someone after all. She hurried to her door and almost ripped it out of its hinges. The guard did not step back. Fine, he would only get zipped-

“Miss Virrer, you need to hurry. It’s about our grand leader-”

She had heard enough. Without a split of a second passing, she sprinted down the hall. Beezle. What issues could there be? Did her favored character die? Did she water her book and was about to flood the entire headquarters? Caz swiftly ran down to the female’s office. Her body light, her feet only a fade breeze to the floor. A figure, grey and brown, kept her pace. This guard again–

“We tried to open her door after we heard a thud,” he panted. “She didn’t answer.”

Caz gave him a firm nod before forcing herself to be faster. Thud. No answer. Did Beezle collapse? A few seconds later, she arrived at the scene. Many guards crowded the door, tried to knock and get a miracle answer.
She pushed a few to the side. “Move,” Caz hissed and gained the entire space at the door. A wooden, luxurious thing. Like those things Beezle read about in the castles. Decorated with a river flowing down, twirling around the handle.
The siren’s eyes narrowed to slits, allowing her to detect smokes. But only those of the guards clouded her senses. Useless. Caz shook her head and her normal sight reappeared. She gave this damned door a good knock.

“Beezle? Are you in there? Did something happen?”

She counted. One, two, three. No answer.

Four, five, six. Still nothing.

Cazendra rolled her head on her shoulders. She gave a mental apology before running the locked door open. Only to be revealed to a body on the ground and a strong wave of metallic aroma. Her body froze.
The guards stuck their heads in but hesitated. They waited for her. But she couldn't– Beezle was– Get a hold of yourself. Caz rigged a breath. Her mouth iched before she finally managed to press out, “Sages… Go get the sages!”
The white haired siren thumbled inside. She didn’t know when she kneeled down but she did, nor when she took the head of the female into her lap. Her fingers rapidly searched for her pulse but… under this delicate skin moved nothing. Her pupils narrowed once more. Only a fading smoke was visible.

No.

No,no,no,no,no!

These headquarters were safe! Armed from head to foot guards, high security systems! Cazendra looked for the wound. She had overseen the deep slash in the abdomen region. One precise slash, a matter of seconds. Her skull turned like a machine. The window on the east side slightly swung. The world turned in a loop. All she saw was the west window being bashed open. Entrance and Exit.
Caz could hear herself as she bellowed, “The murderer is still here! Search the west wings you useless mutts!” And even though some guards were frozen, others were on the move. Her hand glid through the female’s hair. She took her figure in completely now.

Beezle was dressed formally? She always wore those to the… Neutral Zone. But why– Cazendra’s head shot up as three old demons stood in the leader’s chambers. The smaller one– the head sage—kneeled to her side. She could only watch his fingers testing for the pulse. The next thing she knew was crying. The taller sage started to sob.

Caz waited for that to hit her, too. Anger, frustration, devastation. Anything! But… nothing hit her. She saw her old home again. Her shredded father, her brother’s wide eyes. Until the image of her dead friend rained upon her.

Dead. Beezle was dead. Killed on a bright day in her own office.
Dead.
The sage turned to her. His wrinkly mouth moved.
Dead.
What… was he saying?
Dead. Beezle is dead.
He stopped. Caz noted his resting hand on her shoulder.
Dead in my arms.
Cazendra slowly got up, took steadying breathes. Slowly the noise and chaos from the halls ringed in her ears. The two remaining sages still cried with a few guards. Their eyes were fixed upon the body at her feet. The body that had belonged to her friend once.

And someone took that friend.

The electricity from the building dashed to her, flowing through her veins and bones now. Someone took Beezle from her and he was still here. Her nails dug into her palms, allowing a few sparkles to emerge and leash at the air around her. Caz stepped around the body, careful not to harm her.

Someone took her from me.

A hand stopped her. She whirled around, her fist raised in the air. The eldest sage only shook his head. “Calm down,” he said.
Calm? Calm?! How could– Caz sneered, “There is a murderer on the free run in my headquarters.” With her sharp finger she pointed at Beezle. “The one who took your leader.”
“The guards are handling it,”
he assured and gestured at the same body she was pointing at. “You noticed her clothes, right?”

Flashes remained cracking through the air around her, but she nodded. The sage took a breath as well. “I know you are raging,” he began. “But we cannot mourn her too long. Black Roses have called in a meeting.”
It extinguished her sparkles around her and she turned her entire frame to the sage. “What?”
“Yes, she was on her way there I assume. But she was already late, so we cannot let them wait any longer. You will have to attend this instant.”

Caz blinked at the old demon. And blinked and blinked. Was there any law restricting her from ripping a sage apart? Probably, regarding the fact they guarded the sacred temple and shit.
“Our leader,” she said, begging herself to not erupt into yelling, “was just killed and all you think about is a damned meeting? To hell with them!”

He shrunk, only a little bit, but he did. The elder gave her an apologetic look before he said once more, “Please, Cazendra. This territory cannot fall now.”
Caz sighed. Beezle would have wanted her to go there. She would have begged her to do so, too. Because a meeting on such short notice had a certain importance. Especially since Caz assumed all leaders have been called into the Neutral Zone.

Gods damned these people.

“Fine, but who will be the new leader after I return? Shouldn’t we take him or her with us and announce it?”

The sage exchanged a glance with his colleagues. Something in her gut twisted and she did absolutely not like that look. Her magic summoned the electricity once more. Just in case.

“Cazendra,” he gulped and tried to build his frame up. A pathetic sight, honestly. “We have seen your capabilities, what you can do. There is no one who could have achieved what you did in such a short span of time. We would like you to be the new leader.”

Beezle was dead. The world kept spinning and Caz was sure she probably just dreamed. This was a joke, a dream– a nightmare. Any second now the kobold would pinch her nose and she could whip her palm against his useless head.
But Caz knew better than that. The scent of death lingered in her nose, daring to take her back to the cave in the swamps. She blocked it out and focused on the facts laid in front of her.
Her leader dead. She was her Second. And she was just asked to be the new leader.
Fine, she understood where it came from. An active territory like this needed a leader role at the front. But her? Any step, any word– it would all be monitored. Everything she did or did not do would reflect on the territory. Anything her people would do would bite her in the ass sooner or later.

Gods. Damned. This.

But Beezle… Beezle would have wanted this. For her, no one could work as a replacement but Caz herself. Because she knew Caz would devote herself to any task, even this one. Beezle loved her people, her territory. Any threat to this might be a new leader. Someone who did not intend to carry on her legacy.

Oh Beezle, you better pay me back when I die one day.

“Fine,” Caz muttered, hitting herself in her mind. “Fine, I will do it.” Her voice had gone so utterly still and calm. The sage’s eyes lit with delight and he scurried her out of the chamber.

“We shall move soon. Dress nicely, Madam.” Madam- they caled Beezle that way. The old demons gave some orders about what to do with the body. But Caz was now the leader and with that her word ranked higher than theirs.

“Halt,” she said, bringing everyone to stop. Okay, okay she could do this. “Bring the body to safety and let it not rot. We will hold the funeral once I return. If anything happens to her, I will personally rip your heads off myself.”
The guards slowly nodded before following their given tasks. Caz sneaked through the hall, a ghost of herself. She could not bring herself to hold her head high. Not with all the weight crashing down on her. Beezle was dead and she inherited her role. The funeral would be soon and with that her coronation. A stupid procedure from the temple, where she had to give vows and shit.

The hallway, even though it was broad and long, was crowded. Crying and panicked staff ran to the chamber, some even bumping into her. Cazendra would have snapped, anything. But her body did not even try to bring up that much energy. At some point she arrived in her own room. Deep green walls with lighter patterns of water lilies. She scrambled a dress out of her garderobe. A dark one fitting to her knees. It covered her shoulders and bent down to a V at her back. It brought her muscles to shine a little, tuned her rather athletic bodice nicely. Dress nicely, the old scumbag had told her. She did. But no one said she couldn’t mourn at the same time.
Caz swung a golden necklace around her neck. Delicate and a flattering accent. She decided to stick small earrings on her ears. They looked like water drops twirled with a little ribbon. Beezle had gifted her these once. Although Cazendra never was a fan of accessories like these, she did wear them on special occasions. Something told her she would wear these a lot more from now on.

Cazendra wasn’t aware when she entered the then calm hallways again or when the sages took her to the boat. All she knew was that the metallic scent nested in her nose. She saw the territory passing, the people. Now they were her people. At some point she mentioned to the sages to not announce Beezle’s death yet. She was sure one of them sent a message to someone in the headquarters. A few rivers lead into the Neutral Zone, a way of transferring their goods. Caz only snapped back to reality once the boat stopped.

They were there. Sky Reach Sanctum. Two twin towers she hoped to never see again. Beezle had taken her a few times. Meetings with the other leaders were… rough. A tension her kind friend often displeased. Caz got out of the boat, unconsciously batting away the stretched out hand.

The elderly sage told her that they would only announce her new role and leave. Fine by her. She wasn’t feeling like explaining everything to them anyways. They would then send her another boat as in they took the one they used to get here. Like always, he talked too much. He blabbered about honour, loyalty and all those kinds of heroic sounding words. She spat on each of them. Beezle would have wanted this and somehow she could not leave this territory to doom. Criad would shake his head at her if she had refused. He would bicker about it for the rest of her life and she did not need that.
The old demons talked to the guards, each pair that kept them from continuing. What was that meeting about anyways? She would see. The meeting room, she remembered, was a fascinating creation. Bashed between the twin towers and hidden from the normal eye. It was enormous, too.
An elevator took them to the secret room. Again, a pair of guards stopped them.

“Only Leaders and Seconds can enter,” the gruff looking one pointed at her three sages. “You are not welcomed.”
Oh, they weren’t welcomed when her power leashed out on them. With gritted teeth, Caz danced around the for once speechless sages. The tower was full of sources, they sang to her, taunted her. But she took another one of her steadying breathes.

“I am the new leader of Serpent’s Kiss,” she made sure to stare each of them in the eyes. Their confusion would have usually marvelled her but her words hid the truth. Beezle’s death. “And in order to announce that to these idiots inside there, I need them. You either let them pass or I fry you right here. I had a terrible day so do not see how far you can come.”

And so they stepped aside. She beckoned the sages inside. The demons split the doors without so much as a knock and ventured inside. Caz held her head high this time as she entered with them. The two younger ones, and also slightly taller ones, hid her figure behind theirs.

“My apologies,” the elderly, small sage began. “You must have started and we dare to intrude. But we come with… news. Hereby I announce the fall of our former leader and the rise of our new one. Consider Cazendra Virrer your equal now.”

The two sages in front of her stepped aside to let her pass. Caz took the place besides the elder, running her eyes from leader to leader. They truly were the last to arrive. But the room still looked… nice. So, the meeting must have just started.

The demoness did not bow, did not wave. All she did was to say, “Let’s keep a good relationship between the clans in my reign.”

Last edited:

yuhwa aeng

ravinca leader.

alias

hananoami.

nicknames

title

species

demon.

pronouns

he / him.

" twenty-five ".

abilities

clan ability

falling yin.

THE PETITE MALE SHIFTED IN HIS SEAT, glancing up to see Asmonday. His lips curled in a grin at the sight of the male, hand raising in an enthusiastic wave. “Oh! Coconut! Hi!” He chirps. If the pinkette had a tail, it’d be wagging in excitement. Undoubtedly, not the greatest reaction. Yuhwa noted Vincent’s lack of acknowledgement save for the half-hearted wave and brief greetings. His lips curled downward behind his mask. Is it that bad? His imaginary tail deflating.

He fidgeted in his seat, thumbs hooking into the cuffs of his jacket, tugging at them absently. His thoughts whirled with countless possibilities of what the meeting might intel. He knew it was important if Vincent called them here. It had to be. His stomach churned at the thought.

His gaze wandered. The male watching the two before him with critical hues. Where was Beezlebub? He hadn’t realized he was worrying his bottom lip until crimson flooded his tastebuds, drawing him out of his thoughts. He blinked. What was happening? Had he been so knee-deep in commissions and his own projects to notice what was going on?

His heart thudded against his sternum. The sinking feeling he had failed as a leader. Undoubtedly, many assumed he had killed the prior leader after everything the older male had done for him. It hurt. The rumors that circulated around—even in his own clan. He didn’t miss the way some looked at him, baring their fangs behind his back. He noticed. He just acted like he didn’t. It was easier. To pretend. Letting the curses and rumors roll off his shoulders like water. It was the reason he was so adamant on wearing a mask wherever he went. No one could see him. It was the perfect disguise. Hidden in plain sight.

He was pulled out of his depressive musings at the sound of Vincent standing. His head cocked, watching the other with attentive hues. A large blue hologram flashed, showing the entire city. His lips thinned at ‘this situation cannot be delayed.’ Yuhwa crossed his ankles, leaning forward to rest his chin in the divot of his palms, fingers curling around his mask where his cheeks were.

His petite frame stiffened at the many red dots scattered across the city. An inaudible whimper escaping his worried lips. He had noted the few throughout his own sector. His chest tightening at the notion of people harming his people.

Anger spiked, gaze hardening behind his mask with a sneer settled upon bloodied lips. It was schooled into a passive expression despite the shocking change hidden. Yuhwa wasn’t quick to anger. He preferred other methods than violence. Yuhwa had his fair share of violence to last him a century. He wasn’t to keen on reliving those memories.

With that, Yuhwa shoved them to the back of his mind to collect cobwebs. It wasn’t healthy, but the pinkette had no intentions of dwelling into his more … Yuhwa shook his head. No time.

His gaze narrowed at the gruesome photos. He sucked on his bottom lip, lost in thought. Who could have done this? He highly doubted it was a complicated answer. Given the level of how these victims were torn to shreds. Ferals? How did they get in the city?

“Ferals.” He muttered. His mind whirled with possibilities. He hadn’t noticed at first as darkness coated his frame like a blanket, seeming to sap his energy as he sagged into the chair. He felt a cough bubble from within his throat. It seemed the longer he held it in, the more pressure he felt. It was inevitable—coughing roughly. “If they are ferals. How did they get in the city? Did someone let them in? That being said: why hasn’t anyone noticed?” He rambled. His voice nothing more than a whisper as he stared at the photos, gaze narrowed. Traitors? Humans?

His musings were cut short at an unknown voice. His head whipped around to stare at the three sages accompanied by the second-in-command; Cazendra. Huh? WhereYuhwa almost fell out of his chair. “Wha–What?” He squeaked. Beelzebub is dead?

Questions circulated like bees to a threat. How? His heart clenched at the pain of losing someone else, even if Yuhwa wasn’t that close to the deceased leader. It still hurt. He had so many questions. How did it happen? Did anyone else get hurt? Who would take on the second-in-command position? Was she alright? He could feel the fugacious changes of panic settling in, caging him in his own skin. He felt sick. He didn’t—Yuhwa shrunk in on himself.

His chest tightened, drawing in pitiful amounts of air into his lungs. He couldn’t breathe. What if someone was targeting them? The thought of losing anyone else brought a near fear that weighed heavily on his shoulders. He didn’t mind dying, but others? It made him sick. He would rather give up his own life to protect them. It was only fair. He hadn’t deserved the title of Ravinca’s leader.

Despite the turmoil within his own body, the pinkette made no obvious notions of it, sitting perfectly still despite his overall fidgeting. A soft whine escaped his lips.

“Are you—” He paused. The male worrying his bottom lip. “No one else was hurt? How—” He didn’t know what to do with his hands. The slender appendages shaking until he slipped them inside the sleeve of his puffy jacket. He wanted to ask her if she was alright. Losing someone close and unable to mourn properly? He wanted nothing more than to offer her comfort, even if the female didn’t need it.

Yuhwa wasn’t one to ignore someone that might need comfort. It wasn’t in his nature. He was empathetic to a fault with a streak of being self-sacrificing and unable to ignore someone in need. It would be his demise, but Yuhwa didn’t mind. He’d rather go down as someone who helped everyone, or tried too, at least. It was a work-in-progress.

“How did she die?” He should have thought more, but it seemed his mouth was quicker than his brain. If his self-sacrificing tendencies didn’t get him killed, it sure as hell would be his mouth. “It might be connected too—” He gestured towards the pictures with a tilt of his head. He was being too insensitive, wasn’t he? Yuhwa flinched at the thought. I’m sorry, pear. He’d apologize after the meeting.

thoughts speech

♡coded by uxie♡

Asmoday listened intently to Vincent and the other opinions of the leaders. Before he could make a statement, the Serpent's Kiss second in command entered the room. One of the people with her stepped forward.

Wait, a leader was killed? By who? By what? When? And why? He got most of the five Ws, being relatively sure where she was found. But that's not the main problem. The main problem is that the troops Asmoday had in Serpent's Kiss territory were ineffective against the killer. He stands up. "I am deeply sorry for this turn of events. As the leader of the military force, I also apologize for the lack of foresight my soldiers had. I will visit them all personally."

Asmoday would miss teasing Beezle about her books habit. It made her arrive late to pretty much every event they'd attended. "What book caused you to be late this time?" He would say often when she arrived much later. As for the new leader... He didn't know much. Most of his dealings were with other leaders, Carmine and his own clan members.

He wasn't close with any of the leaders, but he could appreciate Yuhwa's efforts to offer help. "That goes for me too. I'll lend any assistance I can offer."

Black Rose Leader
Vincent Zhao
Mood: Angered
Haven, Sky Reach Sanctum
After beginning the main subject of the meeting that Vincent had called for, he had taken his seat and remained silent for the next several moments while he waited for his fellow colleagues to process the information he had presented and to see what their response would be to the situation to hand.
The first to speak was the leader of the Ravinca, Yuhwa. The cough followed by the questions regarding the curious thought of how ferals had been able to get out of the contaminated zone followed by the possibility of someone releasing them into the city and finally even the question about the awareness of ferals were all important questions. However, all of which Vincent had no answers to off the top of his head. Rather than attempt to answer them and having no grounds to stand upon his own possible theories, he kept silent and kept his gaze focused onto the hologram of the city with crossed arms.

Mere seconds passed and soon the door to the room creaked open once more, expecting none other than the final leader, Beezle to be the one that would step through the doorway, Vincent showed little interest as he did with his two fellow leaders when they had arrived. Unexpectedly however, rather than the leader of Serpent's Kiss entering, it was her Second-In-Command, and not only that but the elders of her clan as well. With a raised brow at the sight of this, Vincent uncrossed his arms just to wait for the explanation as to where the leader of the clan was and why only the Second-In-Command was present.
As the information was stated regarding the fall of the previous leader and the now rise to position, Cazendra, silence practically fell upon the room for what seemed like an eternity to Vincent. All sound in the room to Vincent had practically been either silenced or muffled, even when both fellow leaders spoke, their voices were nothing more than mumbles in the male's ears as he slowly leaned forward in his seat while gripping the edge of the table. "H-Huh..?" Being the only response that Vincent could utter from his lips, his grip soon tightened more and more onto the table's surface till cracks had begun to form around the material of the table against his grip. The table rapidly regenerating any damage done to it just as quickly as he tightened his grip further.

Dealing with a bunch of civilian murders due to the possible fact that ferals how somehow escaped from their sealed portion of the city was one thing, but now the death of a leader and to have practically no knowledge as to how the leader died. Unacceptable. "Is this some sort of joke?.." Voicing his opinion as soon as Cazendra greeted her now fellow leaders, Vincent soon stood up from his seat simply to raise his right arm, palm open towards the elder that announced the fall of the previous leader and now rise of the new leader. In mere seconds, the temperature within the room rapidly began to descend till each occupant within the room had begun to be able to see their own breathes. The edges of the table and seats began to crisp over in a light glaze of ice while Vincent's own passive rage began to increase overtime. "New leader? Equal? How dare you...How dare you nonchalantly state the death of a leader and propose this woman as the new ruler of Serpent's Kiss, and to call her equal? She has yet to even prove herself!" By the end of his sentence, Vincent had practically slammed his palms upon the surface of the table while leaning forward as a wave of crystalized ice traveled across the table's surface, along the ground and eventually pinning the elder towards the closed door that the four had entered from.

"A-..Apoloigies sir! W-we...I-I meant no disrespect! We had only just found out moments ago about her death! W-we were into far too much shock, we had to appoint a new l-leader, else the public would riot without someone to lead them!" With the terrified elder pinned against the wall while the ice creeped up his small stature, eventually the climb of freezing the elderly man eventually came to a halt at his throat as Vincent exhaled a deep sigh before lowering his arm. He had no plans to kill the man, rather it was to make a point that to speak so calmly about the death of a leader who had ruled for an extended period of time only to present a new one as though it were like children playing tag annoyed him.
Just as quickly as the temperature had dropped and the ice had formed, after lowering his arm and calming his passive anger, the room slowly return to its previous temperature once more while the ice shattered before melting all across the floor as well as the elder's coat.

"If you all wish to go and pay your respects to Beezle's death. Then feel free to. I am going to be investigating the contaminated zone, and seeing as to what has happened." With that said, Vincent turned his back to his fellow leaders before heading towards one of the large windows on the opposing side of the room. Sliding it open, he held out his palm just to feel as the once pouring rain had now been a mere light drizzle before finally making a jump out of the several hundred story building. While Vincent did wish to pay his own respects to the deceased leader, he knew that if someone did not address the murders, then more people would die and the whole safety of Haven would soon be in jeopardy.
Falling with immense amounts of speed, as he neared the pavement below, he exhaled deeply just to have the drizzling rain followed by the water presently on the ground begin to freeze over to form over a large cube-like structure that would break his fall. Coming down with the large amount of force, Vincent shattered the structure only to have the large chunks of ice melt upon impact to avoid any damage they would've caused if they were to hit anything or anyone nearby.

Darkbloom Darkbloom blue tea blue tea JJae JJae
Code by Serobliss

Black Rose second(s)-in-command
Fronter: Kralos
Starring: Darkbloom Darkbloom blue tea blue tea JJae JJae

It had been a slow morning within the confines of the claustrophobically small office room the sleep-deprived demon occupied. It was right before the sun had risen this narration begins. Because Kralos didn't sleep. He was determined to be the best overseer of Black Rose's internal, external, financial, whatever matters that could arise at any given moment. His past meant nothing as he held such power over the clan, and he was determined to use it to it's fullest for it's best interests.

And hadn't he been interrupted by a rogue, unexpected call, he would have spent another 24 hours reading, signing and working on documents most people wouldn't be able to stand during such a prolonged time span. Such an authoritarian second-in-command could do nothing but sigh at the sudden noise, his routine being broken by such a slight event did frustrate him indeed after three days with only four hours of sleep to get him going.

Still, he saw no fault with his lack of a sleep schedule at all. And he was determined to power through it with his immense supply of coffee. He took a sip from his cup before answering the call.

"Good morning, this is Black Rose second-in-command Kralos Featherworm speaking." His voice felt nervous, hasted, even if he couldn't bring himself to admit something like that. It was as if he didn't realize his tone at the moment.

However, his own nervousness couldn't top the fear the caller seemed to convey in his words, way before he could add a "how can I help you" to his monotone response to anyone calling him while he was deep into his duties. "Sir! I-it happened again... One of our youngest kids-"

He recognized the voice as one of the only Black Moon members to ever contact him, specially when anything ever so slightly bad happened. This however was way more serious and he knew it. His eyes suddenly focused on the wall in front of him, unmoving. Like he was looking straight into the demon's eyes, already knowing what had happened. It was far from the first time one of Black Moon's guides brutally met their fate during working hours. "Are the Ravinca police nearby? Where did the body get found?" He asked, partly hoping it wasn't inside Black Rose's territory. The fiend on the other side was almost hyperventilating as he answered his question. "I-I did find her in an alleway, sir! She was- she was completely unrecognizable, only with her ID to identify her, her face-"

"Spare me the details, Luxine. I want you to give your testimony to the best of your ability to the police. Please gather your tour guides and interrogate them on any kind of suspicious activity. Make sure they are always armed while on the job. I-I..."

Suddenly a crack on his voice betrayed him, the whole situation overwhelming him. He could only play the calm leader type so much after the 5th call in a week, and his lack of rest was starting to be a way serious problem by that unfortunate third sleepless day. "I need you to call off any cultural activities scheduled for today, it's too dangerous to be outside while this... madness is still happening."

Of course, a decision came to his mind at the heat of the moment, still to be discussed with Vincent. But the nature of the attacks gave the culprits away for Kralos, as they had been the ones to put an end to his uncle's life in an equally disturbing, gruesome manner. Ferals were running amok and he didn't know how were they even able to breach the containment zone, but surely they had a way out for such a massive amount of widespread murder cases to be happening at the same time. And he was absolutely aware Vincent had to also know what was happening, but until further orders from the leader himself were issued, he had to make sure to take matters into his own hand faster than a slow and possibly inneficient bureaucratic apparatus would do.

And to make matters worse, it started raining. Damn.

"As you order, sir!" Those were the demon's last words before hanging up the call. Kralos however felt completely deflated after the conversation. And as soon as he checked a local new's site on his laptop, he was given the image he so wanted to avoid seeing of the mangled corpse of a tour guide in a bloodied alleway. Hours would still have to pass for his orders to reach the Special Forces, but he didn't even call his assistant to issue his orders for him. Instead he phoned the first officer he could find on his number list to make sure armed operatives were marching through the streets of Haven in search of ferals, as well as having squads of them patrolling the area surrounding the containment zone.

--------------
Hours after the incident, he woke up on his desk. Looking at the hour on his computer, he realized he had fallen asleep for no less than five hours, with an email by his leader sitting in his inbox.

...Right. He had issued orders by himself to the Special Forces. And surely the might had already taken the streets, dispeling the general population and shooting at anything resembling a feral demon. Right, Vincent could easily be mad after that, specially if no ferals were found outside the containment zone and he did nothing but cause a general sense of panic on Haven's population. Right.

The email didn't mention any of that once opened though. It was instead calling him to an urgent meeting at Sky Reach Sanctum, and it had been delivered hours ago.

He hurried up, leaving the headquarters in a taxi to the place of the meeting. He felt absolutely idiotic for such an oversight. He couldn't just fall asleep at his job like that! And the Special Forces hadn't even been deployed yet, perhaps the head ups decided to not take such extreme measures just yet against his wishes, or perhaps some issues had arisen to delay the process.

[You should try to chill out for a bit, don't'cha think?] A voice spawning from Vermilion echoed inside his mind. [Mind your own damn business.] Kralos echoed back as he walked through the hallways. Before that he had seen Asmodey's massive airship stationed, so he knew for a fact the meeting was already ongoing and he was late.

However, he could sense something was off as soon as he saw the sages huddling at the meeting room's entrance. He VERY POLITELY made his way through them, finally finding himself in an extremely cold room with at least two clan leaders, missing both Beezle and Vincent. Although at least he wasn't the only second-in-command present.

A few seconds went by as he looked around the room. It seemed things had gotten very hectic during his absence. Shy as he always was, he struggled a bit to find the will to ask what the hell just happened. But finally he opened his mouth.

"May I know what happened during the meeting so I can take the best next course of action?" He spoke oddly, a little bit robotic. But at least his voice wasn't as full of anxiety as before. He looked at the opened window for a second before his gaze went back to those currently present.

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */
    Nothing outside of you has any power over you. It is you alone who thinks for yourself, who acts for yourself, who lives for yourself. Take full ownership and fly.

Cazendra Virrer

/* ------ right side ------ */

Cazendra Virrer listened. The first to react was Ravinca's leader. She recalled a fewer things from the male. Another gentle, rather cheerful soul. Just like Beezle had been. She could stare into the devastation in his eyes. At least her death didn't go through the round without any reactions. It... settled something in her. Caz never much concerned herself with the relations Beezle kept. The female would brag or laugh about events whilst she did paperwork. Oh, how often Beezle came to her office just to shit-chat.
“No one else was hurt? How—”
He was at a loss of words, Caz noted. Sometimes she didn't need her sirenical sight to figure out the moods of a person. Not feeling like talking, she gave him a simple shake of her head. It only hit Beezle, she thought and made sure to make a mental note regarding the little detail. Caz tried to block her thoughts out for the time being. Just... not now.
“How did she die?”
The room spun, the only thing left was the flash of the imagine of the flesh wound. The blood. The stinging scent in her nose. Caz blinked it away in the matter of a second. Yuhwa Aeng nodged his skull to a pin board. For a moment she took the pictures on it in. The actual theme of this meeting. Ferals. In the back of her head knocked the memories of the murder cases in her desk. She would have to tend to it later. For now, she wanted Beezle to be buried, the ritual done and the murder in her hands. The demoness gulped slightly. "All the details to regarding the murder will be published in the news." Her voice kept surprisingly steady. No tune out of place.

Aeng remained unsettled. What could she say to calm him anyway? Her friend and leader was gone, the murder on the loose (although that information should not fall in this conversation) and she inherited the entire responsibility in a matter of minutes. There were no aspects to be perceived as positive or calming. Caz decided to not bother too much, anyways. She had always kept away from the leaders, had always stood beside Beezle and shot one or two suggestions when meetings occurred. But she had cared for the clan. After some time, with more or less passion. Now they were officially her people. And dropping one brainless comment could affect the way the public viewed her.
Caz straightened, snapped out of her mind as Bloody Moon's leader Asmoday raised his words. She tried to fish out a few personal informations. Hadn't Beezle often laughed over his teasing? Were they some distant kind of friends? In moments like these, she wished for Beezle to be there. Her charming, lightful smile would have brightened the already tense room.

He rose to his feet, dragged her out of her nonsense of wondering and wishing. Irrational, useless thoughts. "I am deeply sorry for this turn of events. As the leader of the military force, I also apologize for the lack of foresight my soldiers had. I will visit them all personally." Yes, his guards. But the way it happened... The murderer came through all of the security from both sides. Serpents and Bloody Moons. It brought her a few conspicuous ideas. But she knew the majority of the security was not at fault. Whoever it did had either been a mole in the headquarters or he received help from someone in the innercircles.
"Do not busy them," Caz tried to hold her head high and push the flashes of images back. They cried, they all wept for the fallen leader. "None of them is at fault, I assure you. They do their job and this is just... an issue, a mistake. You are, however, always invited to visit our territory. I will not hinder you if this is what you must do."

The sage shifted beside her. Cazendra dropped her talk to focus on what brought the elder to unrest. Temperatures in the room dropped. She called the electricity to her, allowing it to rotate in her veins and bones. Her gaze fell upon the male being responsible for that. The one who called them here- Vincent Zhao, leader of the Black Rose clan. She knew bare to nothing from him. Only that he barely talked and if, only some facts.
"New leader? Equal? How dare you...How dare you nonchalantly state the death of a leader and propose this woman as the new ruler of Serpent's Kiss, and to call her equal? She has yet to even prove herself!"
Fair enough, yes. But what did he know! She had managed the territory for so long now. Beezle had trusted her. He had no right to discard her wishes like that, to discard her trust in Caz. Her flashes sparkled at her hands as they clenched onto her arms. Cazendra, despite her anger now, enjoyed the way he made the old sage tremble and stutter. But now these idiots were under her care, sadly. But she didn't feel like stepping in. After all, the male was probably only overwhelmed. Another leader died, one who had been amongst them for ages now. Yes, she could understand him to certain points.
"If you all wish to go and pay your respects to Beezle's death. Then feel free to. I am going to be investigating the contaminated zone, and seeing as to what has happened."
And with the wind he went. She pitied the window but shrugged it off. Now she came to this meeting for what? Nothing? Beezle died. Died. Her friend gone and she had to attend this damned meeting for nothing! Oh, she would rip him to pieces the next time. Yet she couldn't shake the feeling of... utter calmness. Beezle had been accepted and was... missed. Those demons missed her. Something in Cazendra sighed in relief.

The sages, however, scurried away. Only whispering her that a new boat was on the way. Cazendra rolled her shoulders. This day could not be real. It just couldn't. She still made a mental note on the zone investigation though. Although she highly hoped for the murder cases in her clan to be not connected to these wild dogs. It would be a hell of an impact on their reputation.
Just then, the door behind her opened once more. Caz guessed the sage altered his mind, but her eyes fell upon a once fellow Second. Her brow raised at the Second from Black Rose. Well, his just leader just jumped down the window.

"May I know what happened during the meeting so I can take the best next course of action?"

Oh, gods.

Cazendra tried her best to not unleash her frust upon the poor, unknowing demon. "Well...," Sweat ran down her brow. Get yourself together, get yourself together, get yourself together, getyourselftogether, getyourselftogether. She never voiced the fact, she realized. Caz knew Beezle was dead. It was a simple fact. Why couldn't she just say it!
The demoness swallowed the stone in her throat. Beezle would have kept calm, or at least shed a tear and talked with wobbly lips. But Cazendra was her shadow with claws and would keep her legacy alive. Though through different ways, but to maintain a healthy relation with the other clans had a top priority. It was time to put a wall between her feelings and her duties.
She gave it another try. "My previous leader, Beezlebub, has ...passed due to a murderer. I suppose," she nodded to the board with the images of ferals, "The ferals were the main theme of this meeting. Your leader has just left through the window. He seemed enraged that I became the new leader of Serpent's Kiss."

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Cazendra Virrer listened. The first to react was Ravinca's leader. She recalled a fewer things from the male. Another gentle, rather cheerful soul. Just like Beezle had been. She could stare into the devastation in his eyes. At least her death didn't go through the round without any reactions. It... settled something in her. Caz never much concerned herself with the relations Beezle kept. The female would brag or laugh about events whilst she did paperwork. Oh, how often Beezle came to her office just to shit-chat.
“No one else was hurt? How—”
He was at a loss of words, Caz noted. Sometimes she didn't need her sirenical sight to figure out the moods of a person. Not feeling like talking, she gave him a simple shake of her head. It only hit Beezle, she thought and made sure to make a mental note regarding the little detail. Caz tried to block her thoughts out for the time being. Just... not now.
“How did she die?”
The room spun, the only thing left was the flash of the imagine of the flesh wound. The blood. The stinging scent in her nose. Caz blinked it away in the matter of a second. Yuhwa Aeng nodged his skull to a pin board. For a moment she took the pictures on it in. The actual theme of this meeting. Ferals. In the back of her head knocked the memories of the murder cases in her desk. She would have to tend to it later. For now, she wanted Beezle to be buried, the ritual done and the murder in her hands. The demoness gulped slightly. "All the details to regarding the murder will be published in the news." Her voice kept surprisingly steady. No tune out of place.

Aeng remained unsettled. What could she say to calm him anyway? Her friend and leader was gone, the murder on the loose (although that information should not fall in this conversation) and she inherited the entire responsibility in a matter of minutes. There were no aspects to be perceived as positive or calming. Caz decided to not bother too much, anyways. She had always kept away from the leaders, had always stood beside Beezle and shot one or two suggestions when meetings occurred. But she had cared for the clan. After some time, with more or less passion. Now they were officially her people. And dropping one brainless comment could affect the way the public viewed her.
Caz straightened, snapped out of her mind as Bloody Moon's leader Asmoday raised his words. She tried to fish out a few personal informations. Hadn't Beezle often laughed over his teasing? Were they some distant kind of friends? In moments like these, she wished for Beezle to be there. Her charming, lightful smile would have brightened the already tense room.

He rose to his feet, dragged her out of her nonsense of wondering and wishing. Irrational, useless thoughts. "I am deeply sorry for this turn of events. As the leader of the military force, I also apologize for the lack of foresight my soldiers had. I will visit them all personally." Yes, his guards. But the way it happened... The murderer came through all of the security from both sides. Serpents and Bloody Moons. It brought her a few conspicuous ideas. But she knew the majority of the security was not at fault. Whoever it did had either been a mole in the headquarters or he received help from someone in the innercircles.
"Do not busy them," Caz tried to hold her head high and push the flashes of images back. They cried, they all wept for the fallen leader. "None of them is at fault, I assure you. They do their job and this is just... an issue, a mistake. You are, however, always invited to visit our territory. I will not hinder you if this is what you must do."

The sage shifted beside her. Cazendra dropped her talk to focus on what brought the elder to unrest. Temperatures in the room dropped. She called the electricity to her, allowing it to rotate in her veins and bones. Her gaze fell upon the male being responsible for that. The one who called them here- Vincent Zhao, leader of the Black Rose clan. She knew bare to nothing from him. Only that he barely talked and if, only some facts.
"New leader? Equal? How dare you...How dare you nonchalantly state the death of a leader and propose this woman as the new ruler of Serpent's Kiss, and to call her equal? She has yet to even prove herself!"
Fair enough, yes. But what did he know! She had managed the territory for so long now. Beezle had trusted her. He had no right to discard her wishes like that, to discard her trust in Caz. Her flashes sparkled at her hands as they clenched onto her arms. Cazendra, despite her anger now, enjoyed the way he made the old sage tremble and stutter. But now these idiots were under her care, sadly. But she didn't feel like stepping in. After all, the male was probably only overwhelmed. Another leader died, one who had been amongst them for ages now. Yes, she could understand him to certain points.
"If you all wish to go and pay your respects to Beezle's death. Then feel free to. I am going to be investigating the contaminated zone, and seeing as to what has happened."
And with the wind he went. She pitied the window but shrugged it off. Now she came to this meeting for what? Nothing? Beezle died. Died. Her friend gone and she had to attend this damned meeting for nothing! Oh, she would rip him to pieces the next time. Yet she couldn't shake the feeling of... utter calmness. Beezle had been accepted and was... missed. Those demons missed her. Something in Cazendra sighed in relief.

The sages, however, scurried away. Only whispering her that a new boat was on the way. Cazendra rolled her shoulders. This day could not be real. It just couldn't. She still made a mental note on the zone investigation though. Although she highly hoped for the murder cases in her clan to be not connected to these wild dogs. It would be a hell of an impact on their reputation.
Just then, the door behind her opened once more. Caz guessed the sage altered his mind, but her eyes fell upon a once fellow Second. Her brow raised at the Second from Black Rose. Well, his just leader just jumped down the window.

"May I know what happened during the meeting so I can take the best next course of action?"

Oh, gods.

Cazendra tried her best to not unleash her frust upon the poor, unknowing demon. "Well...," Sweat ran down her brow. Get yourself together, get yourself together, get yourself together, getyourselftogether, getyourselftogether. She never voiced the fact, she realized. Caz knew Beezle was dead. It was a simple fact. Why couldn't she just say it!
The demoness swallowed the stone in her throat. Beezle would have kept calm, or at least shed a tear and talked with wobbly lips. But Cazendra was her shadow with claws and would keep her legacy alive. Though through different ways, but to maintain a healthy relation with the other clans had a top priority. It was time to put a wall between her feelings and her duties.
She gave it another try. "My previous leader, Beezlebub, has ...passed due to a murderer. I suppose," she nodded to the board with the images of ferals, "The ferals were the main theme of this meeting. Your leader has just left through the window. He seemed enraged that I became the new leader of Serpent's Kiss."

Last edited:

Aristides Palomino Ridder​

A few days ago

‘We must burnish the old ways.’ The man scratched his head and then added, ‘Or we havenʼt a chance in the new world.’

Aristides shrugged. ‘I understand.’

‘Do you—do you have any family here?’

‘No, sir.’

‘That is good. I donʼt think itʼll go well.’

‘It?’

‘The next few days at least. Canʼt you smell the air?’

Aristides sniffed: only the thick smog, ashy and dry. ‘Like yesteryear.’

‘Only worsening, intensifying.’

They were sipping tea—Aristides and his good friend, Hemos, each sobered by the cold, sad tea—and discussing the impoverishment of culture in the country, and the impoverishment of its people. In the metropolis, especially, where museums were prevalent and art was universally loathed. (‘Why would anyone care for it? Neither do they have the time, nor do they have the base inclination!’ exclaimed Hemos.) What people like them usually talk about. They brushed around the true reason for his visit, the marrow of their relationship, which was the prohibited zone: the center of the city, that ball of nothing. Hemos had come in, stiff-collared and sweating, telling him about the ‘new world’, as he put it, and had given him two or three affectionate slaps on his back. When the excitement had worn off, the salutations exchanged, his mood took a turn for the worse. The tea was a few hours old, meant for breakfast, but it didnʼt mean much to the old man. Hemos was almost thirty years his senior, an expert in anthropology, history and extra-racial relations, who had been appointed Aristidesʼ professor during his early years. He had moved to Haven after retirement, although he had obtained a tenure in a local college—Aristides forgot its name—somewhere.

‘It is something I must tread carefully on,’ began Aristides, taking another sip and frowning, ‘and I could be doing anything else, really. They call it a city of opportunity. I do not disagree, even with all the museums—’

Hemos interjected: ‘You can take over my history classes, Aristides. I have to go abroad in a few weeks, and better you than a random bloke.’

‘To my credit or to the blokeʼs discredit?’

‘The latter. Youʼd be lucky to find a man with even half-decent qualities here. The rest are rabble—prohibitors and propagandists.’

He stood up. ‘But this is why I left the university—’ and gesturing slowly at the vista that spread out beyond the veranda—‘to get to the root of the matter.’

‘You donʼt suppose this whole affair will give you a salary fitting to your station?’

‘No, I donʼt think so.’ Aristides gave a curt, steady nod. ‘But thank you for the offer.’

Hemos stood up too. ‘Look, this might not be as pretty as you imagine it to be.’

‘I know.’

‘Knowing isnʼt enough.’ He put on his hat and sighed. ‘Thatʼs our curse. We know a lot but we do little, so little.’

Before the old man could shoot off, Aristides asked, ‘And the letter?’

‘Here you go. Itʼs only an introduction, mind you, but if you manage to impress the fool—which isnʼt very difficult—youʼll get an easy in.’

‘I appreciate it, Hemos.’

‘Try not to get yourself killed.’

‘I wonʼt.’

However, Hemos didnʼt budge from his position, opting instead to stare out into the horizon. After a few minutes of awkward silence, he said, ‘Listen, you do need protection here. Especially if youʼre going to go and sniff around this city.’

Aristides could only manage a yawn in response. ‘So you say,’ he slowly drawled.

‘I know someone. He might help you around. Do you have money?’

‘Lord, no.’

‘Well, to hell with it. Iʼll pay him myself, you neednʼt worry.’

‘Send this,’ and with special emphasis, ‘contact of yours around whenever he feels comfortable. You know my address.’

‘I do. It was good to see you, Aristides. I think your students would be proud of you.’

Aristides raises an eyebrow. ‘I sure hope so.’

×​

Currently

Chastely, Aristides entered the headquarters of the Ash Wolves. The security committee had assigned him as a civilian liaison to the department. What the job precisely entailed, he had no idea, but it would give him the opportunity to take a closer seat and view the spectacle first-hand. He had the good grace of avoiding the dirty looks he kept getting from the rest of the officers, although the papers had cleared him well enough. No love was lost between him and the military; as was tradition, the politicos and the army generally kept themselves an armʼs length away from each other until they simply couldnʼt, until the inevitable entanglement came mutually upon their laps. Thus: whether he would be received well, or received at all, especially in the present, was a question that hung faintly in his mind. Yet someone had to do it, no? A daunting prospect and one Aristides had chosen to fully embrace.

He hoped they had been informed of his arrival beforehand. He disliked explaining himself; rather, he disliked the very idea of talking about himself, or about things that may have any regards to himself. It was a habit he had picked after his post at the university had come to a close, when he had briefly taken a job as a translator, then as an inspector. The interrogative mood, at some point, became antithetical to him. He was thankful, however, for his companion—Alastair, so he had called himself—, who, for all his ominous air, provided a counterweight to the tension in the A.W. headquarters.

‘The worldʼs had enough questions,’ he muttered to himself, before turning back towards his other. With a smile, he asked, ‘Well, what do you think, Alastair?’ He did appreciate his attendant—bodyguard, really—and his relatively keen mind, even in the short time they have been together, and was willing to hear his opinion on the state of things.

Xen6n Xen6n

×​

A little while after that

After winding around the office, humbled eventually by directions delivered with restrained contempt, he arrived at Arkos Charcoalʼs office. The door proved to be a steadfast foe. Taking a deep breath (the discomfort was primordial, for various reasons), he knocked on the door.

mocca mocca
VynnyBoy VynnyBoy
Arkos turned to the door. A visitor? Who could it- wait. He had an idea.

He opened the door- and raised an eyebrow. This... had not been his idea of a visitor. It seemed like a scholarly type, but the appearance of humanity was not one he trusted. This was a stranger, how could he trust that? No, he'd learned better than to trust strangers.

He gave a brief glance over his shoulder to Uta Katzen, giving her a silent signal to be ready. Then he turned back to his guest.

"And who might you be?" He gestured fo them to come in, wanting to be at least a hospitable host. They might drop their guard in that case.

Qazi Qazi
mocca mocca

"Yes, the ferals. We believe them to be... Not smart. But what if certain ferals have gained the ability think for themselves? If so, these could be orchestrated attacks. Could be planning something unlike anyone has seen from the ferals since the beginning of their history." He remembers history class in demon high school. Not much was mentioned about ferals because no one has caught one alive and experimented on it before. It might be something worth trying.

He thought about going to pay his respects to the fallen leader, but this idea of intelligent ferals intrigued him a lot more. "Ms. Virrer, I will be around to pay my respects for Beezle at a later time, as well as a matter I wish to speak with you about. I'm going to catch up with Vincent to investigate the ferals. Good day everyone." He tipped his imaginary hat and walked back to his airship. "Carmine! I require your assistance. We are going to follow Vincent to investigate the matter of the ferals. It will be a grand adventure!"

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

mood :
Mostly confused

somewhere > Sky Reach Sanctum: Meeting room
outfit :
more masculine appearing on the current day, wearing a white loose poet's style shirt, partially button up with black pants and black slightly heeled boots to match with a black leather harness top over top of their shirt, and layered black belts and silver chains.
mentions :
blue tea blue tea Nothingness Nothingness Mr. Skull Mr. Skull Darkbloom Darkbloom JJae JJae gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

interactions :
those present at the meeting
Kuroda
n a o m i
Better here than never. They had been training hours earlier, and sorting through paperwork left on their desk, as it has become a habit for many to simply pass it on to Naomi rather than Yuhwa. The workload at the time was a lot, and half of it was sorting out what they could actually do, and what had to be left to Ravinca's leader of course. Most of the projects the leader might be working on were mostly hand-picked by Naomi first, assuming the leader would never want to do all the minor busy work, and for some time take it upon themselves. Looking out the window, seeing the rain come down, it seemed fine enough for them to take a walk. Standing up from their desk, Naomi stretched slightly and would head outside, taking a moment to breathe in that scent of a rainy day as their shirt, once all dry now wet and see-through, revealing the tone but slim body hidden under the baggy shirt. It was awful quiet, even though earlier they did notice Yuhwa had gone out but by now expected them to be back by now. As much as Naomi hated to admit it, the cheerful loudness of their leader was something they grew fond of, though it can be rather annoying. Naomi would begin walking around the building, as their thoughts began to wander.

Recently, strange murders, unlike others, have been appearing and for a while, they had been shrugging it off, as it wasn't too many, to begin with, however, it began to increase with time. It was a mystery to Naomi, it plague their mind as to what it could be but it all came to 1 answer, one they didn't like. The air around them began to drop, murder and death never has been a topic that they could handle well, despite having a rather bored expression.

The day replays back again, the moment one of the men came into the room and pulled their father out of the room, dragging him by the hair. A soft whimper escaped their lips. The movements began to flash by them, the scenes began to play faster as they could hear their own heartbeat pounding in their ears. A soft warm kiss, the warmth of their mother, placed on their head, then a halberd and it went blurry. Then only years ago, asking him, again, what happened. That's all they wanted to know, their parents, are they dead or, maybe, just maybe, they are alive? "...dead or turned feral!" these words echoed in their mind, getting louder and louder.

The air around them began to drop quickly as the rain near them soon turned into snow flurries, a snowstorm following them as they made their second lap around the building. Someone stepped outside the building with an umbrella and nearly the two almost collided.
"Mx. Kuroda! Forgive me, I was about to go to lunch!"

The air snapped back to a normal temperature and the snow faded away with the rain as Naomi looked at the employee and only gave a slight nod. "Don't fret. Before you leave, have you heard anything of Hananomai?" they would ask.

"Him? Why, yes, I believe he left for a meeting towards Haven while you were in your training session. Did he not send you a message?"
A heavy sigh left Naomi's lips and they shook their head. "Of course not, thank you. I shall be off." With a swift turn, the ground around them began to freeze and with each step they took it followed, and a walking, turning into a jog, then a sprint, as the second in command would head towards Haven.

It was lucky they were faster than what should be considered normal, even for the average demon. Only moments after the Black-rose second in command had entered the meeting, Naomi, thankfully, entered as well. Soaking went as the floor and part of the walls around them would freeze, then thaw as a small puddle would be left at the entrance of the meeting room, glancing around to spot the pink-haired leader and gave them a look, one they might recognize as 'you forgot to tell me something before listening all that had occurred in the meeting.

A leader had died, the strange deaths might be ferals, as they expected as well, and serpent kiss might have a new leader already. It was a lot to take in but one they must do, keeping a calm, nearly emotionless expression, except for minor annoyance towards Yuhwa but it didn't last long. Was their leader going to be okay? They didn't know, at least not in this moment, and would quietly walk over to stand near Yuhwa, wondering if they were going to pay respects first for the fallen leader or investigate, the two might divide and go different ways but, whatever Yuhwa wanted them to do, Naomi would do. Should I ask? No, not yet, but say something, anything.

"Apologies for my lateness, but this is a tremendous loose, stay strong Cazendra. Serpents Kiss is in good hands," they said softly, bowing their heads slightly out of respect. "If not discussed yet, are there any plans made for actions needed to be taken next?" they asked before leaning in closer to Yuhwa.

"Are you going to be okay?" they whispered into the pink male's hair, knowing he took emotions and feelings a lot more to heart than Naomi ever will.
coded by reveriee.

yuhwa aeng

ravinca leader.

alias

hananoami.

nicknames

title

species

demon.

pronouns

he / him.

" twenty-five ".

abilities

clan ability

falling yin.

THE PINKETTE FLINCHED AT THE SUDDEN drop in temperature. His body shying away from the ice that sprouted from the surfaces to the sheen ice coating everything. His finger curled into the smooth fabric, painted nails being the only thing visible save for the sliver of porcelain flesh peeking from beneath the darkened fabric. His canines sunk into the tender flesh of his bottom lip, worrying it further, unable to suppress the slight shivers that ransacked his frame. Cold. Cold. Cold. He chanted.

His light blue hues narrowed, watching Vincent with baited breaths. What the—His thoughts halted. Oh. That’s unfortunate. He thought. The male watching the sage encased in ice. If hadn’t been such a serious situation, he would have cackled commenting about there being a sage popsicle. He almost snorted at the silly nickname.

He shuffled, glancing over at Asmoday until they settled on the new newly appointed leader—pear. What Vincent said made sense. The way the sage spoke to how pear had handled it. He understood. Really. He had been a sobbing mess when—Yuhwa flinched, biting back a whimper. Why was everyone dying?

His shoulders compressed, folding into himself, appearing smaller than he actually was. It was comedic. He wanted to laugh. The bubbling hysteria threatening to break its seal. Today of all days.

His light blue hues flickered, watching blueberry leap from the window. His heart leaping in his throat at the height. Be careful. Blueberry was strong, but one could take so much before things crumbled. It was clear in the sudden death of Beezle.

The male shuffled, rocking side to side. He wouldn’t know what to do with himself if the other—Yuhwa pinched himself. No one else was going to die. He’d make sure of that. Even if his clan ability consumed him. He was fine with the notion. Death wasn’t scary. It was just another beginning.

His mind whirled with countless possibilities. What should I do? He wanted to pay his respects, but he didn’t think he had the mental capacity to handle another funeral. Not now. He hadn’t noticed the winding black tendrils darkening. His thoughts spiraling deeper.

He hadn’t known Beezle well enough to be friends, but he still cared. His fingers flexing from within the confinements of his jacket. It hurt. The fact they lost someone. The news shocking and vague. It didn’t hurt as much as it did losing—Yuhwa flinched. He was not. He wouldn’t dwell on those memories. He didn’t want to deal with the pain that came with those memories. He didn’t need another reminder that nothing lasts forever.

Could he flip fate off? Did it have a physical body? He’d like to kick it in the shins although he’d much rather blow it to smithereens. Not after shaking some sense into it. Did fate have common sense? Why—? Was it some sadist? Enjoying the show, eh? Yuhwa scowled. Fate sucks. Of course, who said one couldn’t travel the lesser path? Yuhwa knew that better than anyone.

It seemed Yuhwa had been dwelling in his mind for quite some time, blinking several times to regain focus. His gaze lingering on the sages and pear. He desperately wanted to know what happened. How had Beezle died? Sadly, the pinkette would have to wait. The thought of waiting sending the pinkette spiraling in nervousness and fear. Not for himself, but for the others. It could happen to any of them. His stomach churned.

What should he prepare? He wondered how many inventions he had stored in the vault. How quickly could he get them done? So many questions and so little time to think.

His gaze remained locked on the photos. His fingers tapping an off-rhyme pattern against the cuff of his sleeve, chewing on his bottom lip. Ferals. Escaping. How? Was it someone pretending? Who was behind the senses, then? Are they random? If not, then who was their end-game? Is it us? Our relationship with the civilians? He rambled. His mind nothing more than a blizzard.

His body jerked, a surprised trill escaping at the robotic voice springing forth. What the—Yuhwa blinked. Oh. Great timing. He mused. The pinkette huffing out a laugh. He wondered if this was a nightmare. His right had slipped out from beneath the depths of his jacket, dragging a hand through his pink-hued locks.

The walls closing in on him despite the open window letting fresh air in. The cool breeze sending shivers down the length of his spine with the heavy smell of rain in the air.

His gaze flickered, watching Asmoday leave. His lips curled into a frown. Please be careful. He thought. “Bye coconut.” He whispered. The mask muffling his voice.

He shuffled, the dark tendrils that had once wrapped around his frame subsided to mere wisps of its former self. His mind no longer clouded by darkness. It seemed his body could finally relax, if only a bit.

His finger reached to tap his mask-cladded chin. Ferals thinking for themselves? An unnatural concept, but plausible. “If it is ferals—” He paused. The male bouncing on the balls of his feet. “Something big is going to happen.” He sighed. The notion excited him, but how many more would have to die before they found anything? Too many.

He paused at the sight of Naomi standing at the entrance, blinking several times. Oh. I forgot to tell them. The only sign being the sheepish ruffle of his strawberry locks. Oops? He’d apologize later. Yuhwa had been in a rush and it seemed it slipped his mind to remind the other.

Yuhwa relaxing further as the other stood beside him. The pinkette tucked his hands back into the sleeves of his jacket. He hummed in agreement, bobbing his head. “Don’t fret too much about it, yeah? I’m sure it was the mere shock of it all and how … the news was delivered.” He offered. His tone light and brimming with what little light he could muster. “Things like this … don’t happen too often.” He muttered.

He furrowed his eyebrows at the notion of what next? He wasn’t sure. What did the others intend to do? His attention was pulled elsewhere, head cocked at Naomi’s question. Was he alright? Yuhwa shrugged. “Eventually.” He hummed.

thoughts speech

♡coded by uxie♡

YOU'RE A TRAGEDY

THE PINKETTE FLINCHED AT THE SUDDEN drop in temperature. His body shying away from the ice that sprouted from the surfaces to the sheen ice coating everything. His finger curled into the smooth fabric, painted nails being the only thing visible save for the sliver of porcelain flesh peeking from beneath the darkened fabric. His canines sunk into the tender flesh of his bottom lip, worrying it further, unable to suppress the slight shivers that ransacked his frame. Cold. Cold. Cold. He chanted.

His light blue hues narrowed, watching Vincent with baited breaths. What the—His thoughts halted. Oh. That’s unfortunate. He thought. The male watching the sage encased in ice. If hadn’t been such a serious situation, he would have cackled commenting about there being a sage popsicle. He almost snorted at the silly nickname.

He shuffled, glancing over at Asmoday until they settled on the new newly appointed leader—pear. What Vincent said made sense. The way the sage spoke to how pear had handled it. He understood. Really. He had been a sobbing mess when—Yuhwa flinched, biting back a whimper. Why was everyone dying?

His shoulders compressed, folding into himself, appearing smaller than he actually was. It was comedic. He wanted to laugh. The bubbling hysteria threatening to break its seal. Today of all days.

His light blue hues flickered, watching blueberry leap from the window. His heart leaping in his throat at the height. Be careful. Blueberry was strong, but one could take so much before things crumbled. It was clear in the sudden death of Beezle.

The male shuffled, rocking side to side. He wouldn’t know what to do with himself if the other—Yuhwa pinched himself. No one else was going to die. He’d make sure of that. Even if his clan ability consumed him. He was fine with the notion. Death wasn’t scary. It was just another beginning.

His mind whirled with countless possibilities. What should I do? He wanted to pay his respects, but he didn’t think he had the mental capacity to handle another funeral. Not now. He hadn’t noticed the winding black tendrils darkening. His thoughts spiraling deeper.

He hadn’t known Beezle well enough to be friends, but he still cared. His fingers flexing from within the confinements of his jacket. It hurt. The fact they lost someone. The news shocking and vague. It didn’t hurt as much as it did losing—Yuhwa flinched. He was not. He wouldn’t dwell on those memories. He didn’t want to deal with the pain that came with those memories. He didn’t need another reminder that nothing lasts forever.

Could he flip fate off? Did it have a physical body? He’d like to kick it in the shins although he’d much rather blow it to smithereens. Not after shaking some sense into it. Did fate have common sense? Why—? Was it some sadist? Enjoying the show, eh? Yuhwa scowled. Fate sucks. Of course, who said one couldn’t travel the lesser path? Yuhwa knew that better than anyone.

It seemed Yuhwa had been dwelling in his mind for quite some time, blinking several times to regain focus. His gaze lingering on the sages and pear. He desperately wanted to know what happened. How had Beezle died? Sadly, the pinkette would have to wait. The thought of waiting sending the pinkette spiraling in nervousness and fear. Not for himself, but for the others. It could happen to any of them. His stomach churned.

What should he prepare? He wondered how many inventions he had stored in the vault. How quickly could he get them done? So many questions and so little time to think.

His gaze remained locked on the photos. His fingers tapping an off-rhyme pattern against the cuff of his sleeve, chewing on his bottom lip. Ferals. Escaping. How? Was it someone pretending? Who was behind the senses, then? Are they random? If not, then who was their end-game? Is it us? Our relationship with the civilians? He rambled. His mind nothing more than a blizzard.

His body jerked, a surprised trill escaping at the robotic voice springing forth. What the—Yuhwa blinked. Oh. Great timing. He mused. The pinkette huffing out a laugh. He wondered if this was a nightmare. His right had slipped out from beneath the depths of his jacket, dragging a hand through his pink-hued locks.

The walls closing in on him despite the open window letting fresh air in. The cool breeze sending shivers down the length of his spine with the heavy smell of rain in the air.

His gaze flickered, watching Asmoday leave. His lips curled into a frown. Please be careful. He thought. “Bye coconut.” He whispered. The mask muffling his voice.

He shuffled, the dark tendrils that had once wrapped around his frame subsided to mere wisps of its former self. His mind no longer clouded by darkness. It seemed his body could finally relax, if only a bit.

His finger reached to tap his mask-cladded chin. Ferals thinking for themselves? An unnatural concept, but plausible. “If it is ferals—” He paused. The male bouncing on the balls of his feet. “Something big is going to happen.” He sighed. The notion excited him, but how many more would have to die before they found anything? Too many.

He paused at the sight of Naomi standing at the entrance, blinking several times. Oh. I forgot to tell them. The only sign being the sheepish ruffle of his strawberry locks. Oops? He’d apologize later. Yuhwa had been in a rush and it seemed it slipped his mind to remind the other.

Yuhwa relaxing further as the other stood beside him. The pinkette tucked his hands back into the sleeves of his jacket. He hummed in agreement, bobbing his head. “Don’t fret too much about it, yeah? I’m sure it was the mere shock of it all and how … the news was delivered.” He offered. His tone light and brimming with what little light he could muster. “Things like this … don’t happen too often.” He muttered.

He furrowed his eyebrows at the notion of what next? He wasn’t sure. What did the others intend to do? His attention was pulled elsewhere, head cocked at Naomi’s question. Was he alright? Yuhwa shrugged. “Eventually.” He hummed.

thoughts speech
AREN'T YOU?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back