Demon Gate of Sedona

FrostFire

Flaming Ice Queen
TvyamNb-BivtNwpvn7Sct0VFDulyAfA9wBcU0gVHVnqC5ghsg4_Bvp7HWh__4tuUQMqgXMUwH0vS27pG7Q

Located in the Guadalupe Mountains, Texas, in a warehouse built into the mountainside.

We had driven for almost a day, and it was pitch black outside of the light of my headlights. Having left any and all roads behind a few hours ago, the crystal clear solar system and moon were the only light. We were aeons away from any cities, or light pollution, so the sky was filled with stars, the brilliance of all of them still astounded me to this day.

"We'll be there in about an hour, everyone.".

@Geozaki @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey @CactusJuice

Izuru had blended in with the shadows in fox form during the journey. His dark pelt helped, especially when night fell. The landscape grew more desolate and their elevation gradually increased. Soon enough he could fell the atmospheric pressure that surrounded every gate. They were approaching the Demon Gate of Sedona.

The con man had found fairly comfortable. We as comfortable as you could be in an rust bucket like this. He decide against smoking, kid on board and all that and kept it to the food and fuel stops they had. Sleeping in transit sounded like an idea but when you've already slept enough to make a sloth envious, you just keep you head looking out the window. "I can hardly wait" John says with equal parts sarcasm and curiosity. @FrostFire @Nyctophiliac @CactusJuice @Geozaki

Despite his initial complaints, Jack had been asleep most of the ride. There was really no point in staying up and worrying over things he couldn't control. Besides, he might not get much sleep in the Dark Dimension, and frankly he had nothing better to do. He had taken literally nothing but a clove of garlic with him, and, if he was working with a lot of vampires, they might forget his need for sleep. Still, he was a very light sleeper, so every time words were spoken or the car jarred he'd pop up. His eyes fluttered open when Gen spoke to them. "That makes two of us." Jack decided to add with nothing but sarcasm. He didn't know what he'd find in this place, but he knew he wouldn't like it. Jack then dozed off once again.
@FrostFire @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey @Geozaki

Lilly knew she should probably try to get some rest but she struggled to get sleep at night time so trying to get any sleep now was pretty much impossible. She glanced up at Gen on regular intervals and preoccupied herself with looking out of the window or making up stories in her head. Gradually the sun disappeared behind the horizon and the moon and stars filled the inky black sky. Gen announced that they'd be arriving in an hour or so which started a small sarcastic conversation on how everyone was 'so excited' to get there.

@FrostFire @CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey

Last edited by a moderator:
I drove up to the Gate of Sedona, which was perhaps a 10 minute walk away, and stopped the car, out of view of the gate. Ignoring the sarcastic remarks, I turned to face them seriously. "Everyone get out. We need to prepare before going in. And for the love of God, please be polite.".

@Geozaki @SirGrey @CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac

(Sorry I didn't post earlier...)

Getting out of the car the con man says "Ain't I always" in a sardonically serious tone. Grabbing his last cigarette he tosses the packet away. He had left all his trinkets and talismans in the bag in Hana's car. For now he would just have to use his protection spells. As the group readied up, Johnny would be muttering of said protection spells, his eyes glowing every once in a while. It might not save his life but it might help. @FrostFire @Geozaki @CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac

As soon as the car stopped, Jack sat up and looked around. Gen informed them they were here. He stepped out of the vehicle. "Be polite? That's one thing I can do." He opened Lilly's door. He smiled and offered her his hand. "Let me help you down, Ms Lilly." He said in a now friendly tone.

@Geozaki @FrostFire @SirGrey @Nyctophiliac

I rolled my eyes at Jack, laughing as I walked up to a pile of rocks, and leaned into the hole between them, my behind and legs going completely vertical as I reached as far as I could, and the flipping out of it casually, whereas any human would've been stuck.

"Whew! Now, we're going to need this on you all!", I held up the mass of very old looking ropes, leather and buckles.

@CactusJuice @Geozaki @SirGrey @Nyctophiliac

"Oh well don't that look like a complete barrel of laughs" Johnny says as he finishes off with his last protection spell.  Going over to her he asks "I imagine this is to help with the part of only a human can go in as long as they are free" the con man says with raised eyebrow while looking over the ropes and buckles. @FrostFire @Geozaki @CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac

I threw my head back, and laughed. "Ha! Hilarious. Put your hands out, please.", I jostled around with it, and managed to find the cuffs at the back, and looked expectantly at Johnny.

@SirGrey

Johnny sighed as he held out his hands. "Please be careful I'm only a delicate little flower". Still this was better then the last three times he's paid a visit, a lot less blood and bruises. Still being locked up didn't exactly light the con man on fire with joy. @FrostFire

Like a specter, Shugo trailed behind them as Genevieve tied up the con man. He chuckled lightly at Jonny's joke.

The truck stopped and Gen announced that they'd arrived. Lilly unbuckled her seatbelt and reached out to open the door beside her, but before she had the chance to open the door it swung open. Jack had opened it from outside and offered his hand to her. Lilly accepted his help with a smile. "Thank you." She said softly. As she finished speaking, Gen called for Lilly and Jack to go to over to her. Lilly walked over to her Mother, for some reason the fact that they were going to the Dark Dimension hadn't really sunk in, despite the fact that Lilly had known the plans for ages! That is, until now. When Gen called for her and Jack the realisation finally sinked in. Lilly was starting to get scared, she was overwhelmed by dread. She stopped for a moment, seeming vacant, before continuing to walk towards Gen. She wasn't letting her fear show. She kept telling herself that she was over reacting, that the Dark Dimension wasn't that bad, but she couldn't seem to convince herself.

@FrostFire @Nyctophiliac @CactusJuice @SirGrey

((I'm really sorry, I thought I posted this last night, it appears I forgot to press send... Typical me :P ... I'm sowy :( ))

It definitely seemed that none were eager to go to the Dark Dimension... the exception possibly being Genevieve. He could smell the young human's anxiety. Johnny had been more verbal with his reluctance. Izuru just hoped that none of them were going to cause problems during the mission and jeopardize the Lady Vampire. Sure, Genevieve could take care of herself, but if any harm came to her, he couldn't bank on Hirohashi forgiving him so easily despite their years of friendship.

Jack tossed what remained of his garlic clove off to the side. He wasn't particularly happy about not being able to take cigars or garlic. They had both become habit for him, and one could often supplement the other, but not he was quitting cold turkey. Besides that, he was in a pretty good mood which made it easier to smile. He walked over and held his arms out towards Gen with a smile still on his face. It wasn't directed at her; he just found it easier to be polite when he was smiling. Jack was about to step foot in a place he'd never known existed. It was some sort of monster stronghold, and there was no telling just how much he'd learn there. It was likely he would find quite the plethora of information in this place. Perhaps even new monsters and monster killing techniques. After all, where better to hide your greatest weaknesses as a monster then in your own monster stronghold? Jack wasn't particularly worried about dying, even if he did suspect Gen was just using him as cannon fodder. If God decided it was his time, then so be it. Of course that didn't mean he would go down without a fight.
@FrostFire @Nyctophiliac @Geozaki @SirGrey

I raised an eyebrow at Jack, but said nothing as I shackled him in, in the middle, and Lilly at the front. I gave her a little pat, seeing through her easily. In order, Lilly was next to me, then Jack, then Johnny, bringing up the rear with Izuru-San.

I nodded, and began to walk towards the warehouse, which looked dull and run down, unsuspecting and abandoned in the desert.

As we walked towards it, 3 kitsune came out to meet us.

"Mrs Genevieve. I see you have yet MORE playthings?", one of them said in a half joking, half threatening tone. My fangs extended, I snarled at him "Perhaps you had better mind your manners Riuk-chan.", and hissed at the end, the sound almost exactly like the roar of a lion, followed by the hiss of a cobra. All three jumped back, terrified expressions on their faces. Now visibly shaken, they lead us up towards the gate. These kitsune at the gate were Inari's fodder, some having even betrayed Hirohashi to join, skirting around their promises to serve him, finding any loopholes. One or two where still allied with him, but either terrified for their lives, or spying for him. Riuk, however, was one of Inari's who had been placed here to make sure none of the others revolted.

We stood outside as they went in to record our journey, and prepare things.

@Geozaki @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey @CactusJuice

Of the three kitsune, one gave Genevieve a thoughtless quip and was answered with a hiss. Having thoroughly demonstrated her dominance, the kitsune commenced their preparations. Shugo was well aware some of these were traitors to Hirohashi, but other than his hackles rising, he was stony-faced beneath the mask. He wasn't looking for a fight, and hoped they were scared/smart enough not to start anything here. 

The con man looked down at his locked up hands and smiled slightly. How many times had he been in this situation. The cynical sarcastic con man caught by the people who he tricked only to get away by the skin of his teeth. This time he was chained up by a more then a hundred year old vampire along with her adorable human daughter, the hunter who chews garlic and a kitsune. It sounds half like the opening to a bad joke half a really bad idea. As they get taken towards the the warehouse Johnny smile keeps to his face as  Genevieve scares the shit and half out of some of the kitsune who must guard the gate. "Yeah lad you wouldn't want to get this one angry now would ya I mean ya tails are already half between ya legs can't be much harder to tear em off" he says with his sarcastic manner. He was Johnny Caynes after all had to keep up appearances, especially since he was wanted in the Dark Dimension.  @Geozaki @Nyctophiliac @CactusJuice  @FrostFire

Jack followed along in a relaxed manner. While he hadn’t let his guard down, he wasn’t particularly worried. He was pretty sure he could escape these bonds if need be. The kitsune mentioned that she had more “playthings”. Jack tensed a bit. Surprisingly, it was not because of Gen’s roar. He’d heard vampires hiss and roar before, and it actually made them easier to think of as monsters. If anything, it was just revealing her true nature. No, what cause him to tense was a thought. A thought he had never had before. Is she trying to keep me like some sort of pet? He wondered. Ever since he learned Gen was a vampire, he had doubted everything the monster had said. Jack didn’t particularly like this possible scenario. Even if he could escape these bonds quite easily, Gen was a different matter altogether. His chances from escaping from the speedy vampire in unknown territory was low. The man who he believed was Johnny decided to make a sarcastic remark. So much for being polite. Jack decided he’d keep his mouth shut unless he was spoken to. Whether they were truly being taken as “playthings”, or it was just a cover for their true motives, it was probably the best course of action for survival.

@Geozaki @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey @FrostFire

After waiting an hour or so, two of the kitsune, including Riuk, came back out. "Come on through, Lady Tourmaline.", the other said with the utmost respect, whereas Riuk just looked miffed. I tugged on the rope, and walked towards the run down building, and through the doors at the front. It was much colder in here than the sweltering heat of the desert outside, and even my breath came out misty for a little bit. I walked into the vast room, the floor made of dirt, the walls falling down, and covered in doors. There were hundreds upon hundreds of doors, and the kitsune watched suspiciously as I strode confidently to the one we wanted, the biggest, and in the left corner of the expansive area. Riuk looked pleased as I walked towards it, "Hehe, I hope they aren't too scarred coming out...", and a mere cold glare from myself sent him running back to his station, tail between his legs, ears flat.

I opened the door, and dense fog trickled out from it, wafting around my legs and obscuring them completely from view. Without hesitation, I walked in, and nodded at Izuru-san to close the door behind him as he came through after the others, after which the door would promptly disappear, leaving us in complete darkness for all but myself and Izuru-san, but even then, it was dark and somewhat difficult to see. Before the door had been closed, all would have seen and expansive blackness, the floor completely engulfed by the dense fog that reflected the light, so it was the only thing that could be seen in the tunnel, and it was even colder in here than in the dim warehouse.

I walked forward slowly, so that the blind and bound humans would be able to keep up, and I knew they would not trip, as the ground was completely smooth. As I walked forwards, I whispered, but even then my whisper bounced louder than I would have liked off the cave walls, "We must walk for a little way, and keep quiet, because if... They, are alerted of our presence, it will be unlikely that you will survive. If you talk, we die. So think whatever you want to tell me.", even with this low whisper, almost so quiet that it couldn't be heard, a scuttling came from the cave walls, from millions and millions of things, small rocks being displaced and falling to the floor. After a small while, it was silent again. And I began walking slowly after I had paused while the scuttling had sounded.

@Geozaki @CactusJuice @SirGrey @Nyctophiliac

Finally they crossed through the door's threshold. Izuru closed the door firmly behind the group and the door itself vanished. They were left in a dim, foggy, and cold environment. A cave or tunnel, judging by how Genevieve's voice bounced. We moved slowly so the humans would be alright with their impaired senses. Well, compared to a vampire or fox spirit anyway. The vampire warned to keep quiet and not to talk, but communicate telepathically. With his vision, he could see faint glimpses, for even his acute vision wasn't enough to completely pierce such darkness. His eyes glowed. A sound of scuttling came and he saw a jointed leg there, the flash of beady eyes there... It was most uncomfortable. Shugo recalled his distaste for this particular gate. There were worse ones, sure, but this was nevertheless a miserable trek. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back