• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Demigods and Titans - Scion OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Curse you, D. Rex D. Rex ! You have stolen my thunder by posting before me! I must make up for it by getting my character up first!

Take it easy there, speedy. I am still getting some stuff ready on my end to post for you guys to get started.

Well, just to put it out there, I am writing up a Scion of Ogma from the Irish Pantheon. Still coming up with a image of the character in my head as to what it does for a living.

What part of the world are we going to be starting out in?

Curse you, D. Rex D. Rex ! You have stolen my thunder by posting before me! I must make up for it by getting my character up first!
I have no doubt that you will! But given my position, I must grab the low hanging fruit lest I walk away with no victories at all.

That said!

giphy (2).gif

I'm still trying to decide what god I wish to be a spawn of. So many, It's hard to choose.

Not being American myself, would my Scion of Morrigan being a relatively recent transplant from Ireland be acceptable?
Also, present day?

Not being American myself, would my Scion of Morrigan being a relatively recent transplant from Ireland be acceptable?
Also, present day?
I foresee a lot of Irish in my future!

Yes, it is modern day.

Also, present day?
There are lots of folk of Irish heritage in America. And Irish immigrants also wouldnt be farfetched.

Excellent. My character is absolutely going to make fun of Americans calling themselves Irish and being bitter about the situation back home.
There are lots of folk of Irish heritage in America. And Irish immigrants also wouldnt be farfetched.

I am very nearly offended that you think I am not intimately familiar with these facts. :P

I can't imagine why there would be. Wait, should I not be swearing? I can cut down on salty language but I prefer not to.

Excellent. My character is absolutely going to make fun of Americans calling themselves Irish and being bitter about the situation back home.

I am very nearly offended that you think I am not intimately familiar with these facts. :P
Clearly my offending skills have lapsed in my age. It pains me to get so close only to miss.

That said! I wouldnt know, since I don't know where your from. So figured I'd share just in case.

I'm gonna stick with a Scion of Lugh. As I told D and Sherwood when I got access to the pdfs.

Is it possible to choose boons that isnt in the associated powers of your patron diety? And if so, is there a penalty in doing so?

So, complete nub here. I just liked the idea of the setting. Hoping to learn what I can so as to not slow the group down.
That being said all deities are open? Even obscure ones such as Suonetar?

Upon some thinking, right now I am leaning towards seeing if I can make a ninja. As such! I am so far likely to go with a scion of Izanami.

Another question, how far out of personality range can one likely be from ones patron diety?

Because the diety Susano-o has the ability and attributes that I would most likely favor, though the attention seeking natures of his scions doesnt quite line up with the the ninja thing.

Though I could choose a god from a different pantheon, in that case, is it likely that scions of one pantheon may be more involved with the culture of another? For example an Egyptian scion practicing ninjutsu. Because otherwise Sun Wukong would actually fit really well with the concept.

Last edited:
So, complete nub here. I just liked the idea of the setting. Hoping to learn what I can so as to not slow the group down.
That being said all deities are open? Even obscure ones such as Suonetar?
Which Pantheon is Suonetar associated with?

While I don't mind you choosing some less well known deity, the ones listed in the books all have associated powers that are cheaper to purchase if you follow in their footsteps. Without some idea of what Suonetar is all about, I wouldn't even know what powers to assign to him for you to be able to tap into.

Another question, how far out of personality range can one likely be from ones patron diety?

Because the diety Susano-o has the ability and attributes that I would most likely favor, though the attention seeking natures of his scions doesnt quite line up with the the ninja thing.

Though I could choose a god from a different pantheon, in that case, is it likely that scions of one pantheon may be more involved with the culture of another? For example an Egyptian scion practicing ninjutsu. Because otherwise Sun Wukong would actually fit really well with the concept.
Don't forget that you have had a long-ish mortal life long before you ever discovered the true nature of your divine parent, so if you wish to say you are an expert in a martial art even though your dad is Osiris (just as an example), that is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back