Demigods and Titans - Scion IC Thread

Xi Dong starts to shake his head, but stops with a strange look on his face. "Hmmm. Now that I think of it, there may be something." He stands and begins to pace back and forth, and says, "It may be something to do with their blood." He stops and looks over at Johnny. "Before you had your Visitation with your father, weren't you faster and stronger than others the same age as you? I would hazard a guess that the same applies to both of you, too. There is power in your blood, even at a young age. If that blood was taken by those with the knowledge on how to do so, that power could be tapped into by those not of divine ancestry. It has happened before in China, and I suspect that it has also occurred in Europe; it might explain some of the vampire stories that have come from there."

He walks over to a bookshelf and takes down what looks to be a very old text and begins to flip pages. "This knowledge is beyond my own, but there have been tales of alchemists brewing up potions in many different cultures across the years, and it may be that these old wizards and witches had access to some divine blood to fuel their spells." Xi Dong looks troubled. "I know a few people that might know more than I do that may be willing to talk to foreigners, especially if I vouch for you. Let me call upon some of my contacts and I will let you know what I find out."

"Great, so we might be dealing with vampires now." Johnny frowned. Though he wasnt at all dismissing what his master had said. "Alchemy and divine blood. Could explain some of the legends of the philosophers stone. Would hate to see what titans could do with that sort of thought process."

"Still, if blood is their goal, and they have the sense to look long term. There may be chance all them kids are still alive, and just being harvested as their bodies allow. It's a shot in the dark, but it's the best theory we got so far. We will touch base with you once we return, and update you in anything we find."

Johnny looked over to Karen to see if he had any other questions to add.

Ciarán
"Clear as mud, so it is," Ciarán says, before draining his cup. "I've nothing to ask when we know next to nothin'. Enjoy your show, Master Xi Dong - we've some other minor bit of business to end our night on."

Sorry, I just did not see how many posts there had been sooner,

With your business with Xi Dong concluded, the three of you make your farewells and head for the door. For the rest of the evening until such time as you call it quits, the group enjoys a sizable amount of alcohol in the nearby bar, thanks to the largess of Athos and his payment to you. It is a pleasant night, and no trouble comes calling on you as you enjoy your drinks unless you go out of your way to start something.

Come morning, depending on how much each of you decide to drink, you are in varying amounts of discomfort but it is not bad enough to cause a problem for you as you head out to meet Athos in his Hummer. Hitting the road, Athos enters in the address into his car's GPS system and off you go.

The snow on the road is not too bad, especially with the four wheel drive of the Hummer. Even so, it takes you several hours of drive time to get to the posh town where the private school is located. Do you have Athos head straight to the school, or do you want him to stop at some other destination before hand?

As they start to get closer to the school, Dawn looks over at Athos and says, "Hold up here for a moment, out of sight of the main road. Lets get a look-sie of the area, and see what there is to be seen. I don't want to run into an ambush when a little bit of foresight is able to put a stop to it." She takes off her necklace, rolls down the window of the car, then tosses the necklace out the window. Before it can hit the ground, the pendant transforms into a flock of thirty or so ravens and crows that flap about around the car.

Dawn leans out the side of the car and tells the birds, "Go look over the exterior of the school and the surrounding area, then a few of you come back here and check in and tell me what you've seen out there. Now, be careful, and in any case, come back in five minutes if there is nothing to be seen."

With that done, she rolls the window up to keep out the cold. Looking at the guys in the car, she says, "They can be a bit flighty, but they have saved my bacon on more than one occasion, and they do a good job of being unobtrusive."

Athos pulls over as requested, and Dawn lets her birds go flying out. After a minute goes by, you hear the distinct chattering sound of automatic weapon fire, followed by the return of a pair of Dawn's ravens. "Men with guns! Many men! Two vans! Woman on the roof with a bow attacking the men, and two others with swords attacking the flock of men with the guns! Awk! Much shooting!"

Dawn starts to swear, then says, "Whatever it is that is going on, its happening now! We need to get out there and figure out which side to lay our chips on!" She pushes the door of the car open once more and draws out her sword. "I'm going to do a fade-out and fly out there. Join me when you can, and don't leave me hanging out there in the breeze all alone!"

From her back underneath her coat, a pair of feathered wings unfurl themselves as Dawn begins to harness her divine powers. With a leap, she propels herself into the air, fading out of sight as she does so.
Activating her Boons of Wind's Freedom and Phase Cloak. Both are scene long in duration. Rolling for the effects of the Phase Cloak.
6 Successes, giving me:
New Moon - 4 - Mundane detection attempts fail automatically. Stealth rolls against supernatural detection receive eight bonus successes

Health Levels
[ ] -0
[ ][ ] -0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Dodge DV: 8 / 10 with Untouchable Opponent
Parry DV (Brawl): 5
Parry DV (Melee): 7 / 8 with the Sword
Join Battle: 5

Soak: 4 Bashing, 3 Lethal, 1 Aggravated

Legend: 4
Legend Points: 16 / 14
Willpower: 6 / 5

Johnny stuck his head out of the passenger side window (because of course he would unabashedly call shotgun). "There she goes." He commented.

He sat back in with serious frown. Looked like they were heading straight for a fight. He was more than ready. "Step on it Andy!"

Ciarán
"Aye, you heard the lady," Ciarán says from the backseat, "let's get at them."
Guns will complicate things for a Scion who prefers a dishonest fistfight, but damned if he'll act like a coward.

Athos nods, and slides the Hummer into gear and guns the engine, making the idle comment of, "I'm glad that this baby is insured. I have a feeling that I'll need it!"

As the Hummer barrels around the corner, both Ciaran and Johnny can see two large beige vans parked along the curb with the side doors facing the school slid open, and there are six men in dark tactical gear with assault rifles in a loose group engaged in a firefight with two figures with swords. One of the sword men is wearing what looks like samurai armor and wielding a katana, and the second man is in more modern clothes of a pair of blue jeans and a t-shirt that is barely able to fit on his huge frame as he swings a massive claymore-style sword around with apparent ease.

At the moment, the figure in the samurai armor seems to be hurt, as he is the focus of attention of several of the shooters.

Lying on the ground are two of the figures in the dark tactical gear that have been cut down by the sword wielding men, and of the six that are still on their feet, two have several arrows sticking out of them, but the arrows don't seem to be slowing them down at all.

From her position in the sky, Dawn can see the archer that is responsible for the arrows in the gunmen, positioned on the roof of the school, peppering the shooters as fast as she can draw and release.

Give me Join Battle rolls, please.

Join Battle! 2

Psychie Psychie Does our sniffers or context clues tell us which are the good guys or bad guys? Or about the one we were looking to protect?

And are there any bystanders out and about that might get hit in a crossfire?

2 successes.

Join Battle! 2

Psychie Psychie Does our sniffers or context clues tell us which are the good guys or bad guys? Or about the one we were looking to protect?
At the moment, you are too far away for the sense to pick up anyone.
And are there any bystanders out and about that might get hit in a crossfire?

2 successes.
It is mid-morning, so there are no kids or parents/staff out and about outside the school. Everyone is inside and out of harm's way.

Join Battle! 2

Well, one guy is dressed up like a samurai, so I'm guessing he's a Scion of a Japanese god.

That's what I'm thinking. Plus, it's very bad guy like to open fire while pointed at a school.

Athos drives the Hummer with the confidence and speed of a NASCAR racer, barreling towards the men in the tactical gear. He shouts over the sound of the roaring engine, "Get ready to dive out! I'm going to scatter these assholes like bowling pins, and I'm sure that they will not like that very much!"

Holding on a roll from Grey Grey to see where everyone stacks up on the initiative order.

Current Order of Initiative
0 -
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back