• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Demigods and Titans - Scion, 1st edition

Psychie

Princess Psychie
I am looking to start up a game of Scion, using the 1st edition rules, which is basically the same as the World of Darkness system. I am looking for a group of 3-5 players.

Your characters will know each other prior to game start, and once I get enough interest, I will be posting more details on the setting. There will be a few house rules and character creation tweaks that I'll be adding.

I like me some Scion. Any pantheons that are off limits/suggested to play?

I like me some Scion. Any pantheons that are off limits/suggested to play?
Any of the pantheons that have been released in the 1e books are allowed. I have PDFs of (I think) all the books, so that won't be a problem.

Ooh! A Psychie game! I'm definitely interested.

I dont know what Scion is, but I have been interested in trying out Vampire the Masquerade stuff.

I would love to join, if you dont mind having a noob to the system be involved.

A Scion is a literal child of a god and a mortal parent, like Hercules from Greek mythology. This is a modern setting, so you have access to stuff like the Internet and cool cars. The general background info is that the Titans, the ancient enemies of the gods, have been freed from their ancient prison and their agents are once more waging war against the gods and their Scions.

You can pick just about any god you'd like, such as Loki or Odin from the Norse pantheon, or, going with the Greek, you could pick Zeus or Aphrodite, just to name a few.

A Scion is a literal child of a god and a mortal parent, like Hercules from Greek mythology. This is a modern setting, so you have access to stuff like the Internet and cool cars. The general background info is that the Titans, the ancient enemies of the gods, have been freed from their ancient prison and their agents are once more waging war against the gods and their Scions.

You can pick just about any god you'd like, such as Loki or Odin from the Norse pantheon, or, going with the Greek, you could pick Zeus or Aphrodite, just to name a few.
Sweet deal! Sounds pretty fun to me.

Do the attributes or domains of the patron/matron god impart itself on their offspring?

Sweet deal! Sounds pretty fun to me.

Do the attributes or domains of the patron/matron god impart itself on their offspring?
They do indeed. Depending on what you are looking for, different gods will offer up different Boons and Knacks.

You start out a normal mortal, then the divine ichor in you is Awakened, and you are now able to use your divine powers.

You start out a normal mortal, then the divine ichor in you is Awakened, and you are now able to use your divine powers.
Do we know from the start who our patron diety is, or will that be revealed at that time?

Also, I assume we are going to focus on the Demigod book? (Which was so generously provided to me by our beloved Sherwood.)

You are only mere Heroes, primarily using that book. There are powers in the Demigod book that you can get, assuming you can meet the prerequisites.
Once you go through your Awakening, you will know which deity your divine parent is.

You are only mere Heroes, primarily using that book. There are powers in the Demigod book that you can get, assuming you can meet the prerequisites.
Once you go through your Awakening, you will know which deity your divine parent is.
Sweet. I cant wait to read through it.

Then forget it all, and have to flip through it twenty more times until my brain actually retains that info.

Sherwood Sherwood
Did you have any diety that you are favoring?

I really like the Tuatha de Danaan (the Irish gods) and may go with either the Morrigan or Ogma.

I actually dont know anything about the Irish gods! Definitely gonna have to check them out.

I know one of my first thoughts was that of Poseidon.

His description can be found on pg 64 of the Heroes PDF.

And the Irish gods are found in the Companion book.

His description can be found on pg 64 of the Heroes PDF.
Yup. Looking at them now. Also got my eyes on Hachiman of the japanese pantheon. A warrior fisherman sounds like a lot of fun(I will make one one of these days!)

Hachiman gives you Epic Dex as one of your Abilities, so he'd be a good choice.

I don't know about this just yet. I like the idea of doing an RP in a modern setting, but I've also got a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back