DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
Personal Area

Name: Lyle Andercres

Race: Human

Class: Warrior (no specializations)

Appearance:

KnightBoy_zps35051532.jpg

Outfit: Lyle wears a pristine suit of shining white armor.. well at least it is painted white. It is actually made of wood and leather, more akin to a costume than legitimate armor.

Personality: Lyle is an upstanding young man, who believes in the good heartedness of all people. He himself is quite warm-hearted, willing to forgive nearly all heinous offenses short of murder and food theft.

Lyle also has an infalliable ego and sense of optimism. Nothing bad will ever be Lyle's fault, he believes, and most good things should be accredited to him at least partially. If something bad does happen, Lyle will look tirelessly for ways to make it a good situation. He models his "professional self" after the Paladins of his stories, and tries to mimic their demeanor, poses and code of ethics onto himself in order to seem cool

Backstory: Lyle grew up in a family of four: his mom, dad, and older brother Antoine. Lyle's mom died when he was just a baby. Soon after, the brothers' father's idiocy got them sent to Jizzytown. When Lyle turned 5, his father left on a quest and never returned, leaving Antoine to care for Lyle. Antoine, despite being an unparalleled genius, was far too lazy and socially flawed to get himself and his brother out of Jizzytown.

Antoine spoiled the hell out of Lyle, giving him what ever he wanted at the moment, which was usually just learning how to do things. The two most prominent and useful of these skills were that of cooking, and dirty fighting. There were only two moves Lyle had to learn: the groin kick, and the cold cock; a left or right hook delivered to the jaws of unsuspecting or monologuing attackers.

Antoine also sheltered Lyle, worrying the cookiness of Jizzytown would break him. Lyle never even learned what Jizzytown was like. As such, Lyle never left his house for several years, his only company being Antoine.

When Lyle turned 19, Antoine, who was 24, claimed that he was also going on an adventure, and left Jizzytown. As a Mage, Antoine assured Lyle that nothing bad would happen to him, and that he would send him letters. Lyle was left alone with nothing but a sum of money, the skills of cooking and dirty fighting Antoine taught him, and his knight costume. He felt ready to experience Jizzytown, and slowly, confidently, opened the door to a brand new world.

-Spicy food

-Childrens' Books

-Polishing his armor and weapon

-Fluffy animals

-Stories about Epic Heroes

Dislikes:

-Puns

-Evil

-Snobbish people

-Bitter food

Fears:

-Loneliness

-Aging

Major Flaw: Lyle has a few crippling flaws. The first being that he is so sweet, innocent and naive, he will never suspect a lie and can be duped into doing just about anything; even suicidal tasks. The second being that, while he is considerably strong and agile, he is a complete amateur in combat, often politely allowing attacks to harm him and swinging his blade with little tact or skill. He only remembers his dirty fighting moves if he isn't holding a weapon. Furthermore, Lyle isn't very bright. He will never suspect a trap, or poison, or even magic at times. He even knows that magic exists, but forgets that people can use it.

Magic and Body Area 

n/a

Stats: (a glance at the polls told me that this isn't going to do much.)

Racial Magic: Chant Magic

Chant Spells: (As a Human Warrior, pretty sure this remains blank for now.)

Skill Magic: (up to four)

Cooking

-

-

-

Items:

300 gold

Longsword (the edges have been dulled to prevent self injury. A better term for it would be "steel paddle".

Wooden armor

Extra Area

Theme: 

Quote: "We can all change for the better if we just try!"

Relationships: He maintains a connection with his brother. Lyle may not know where Antoine is, but he does receive letters from him via magic.

Other: (optional)

Ko-no-su-ba!

Last edited by a moderator:
The two most prominent and useful of these skills were that of cooking, and dirty fighting. There were only two moves Lyle had to learn: the groin kick, and the cold cock; a left or right hook delivered to the jaws of unsuspecting or monologuing attackers.

all skills in this world are a form of skill magic. While I guess dirty fighting is maybe something I can make an exception to this, not cooking.

He felt ready to experience Jizzytown, and slowly, confidently, opened the door to a brand new world.

You´d basically need to live under a rock before to go to Jizzytown willingly. It´s a place where people are sent, forced to go out of sheer insanity or incompetence.

Lyle has two crippling flaws. The first being that he is so sweet, innocent and naive, he will never suspect a lie and can be duped into doing just about anything; even suicidal tasks. The second being that, while he is considerably strong and agile, he is a complete amateur in combat, often politely allowing attacks to harm him and swinging his blade with little tact or skill. He only remembers his dirty fighting moves if he isn't holding a weapon.

while these are, in light sense, flaws, they are not enough to get someone sent to Jizzytown.

all skills in this world are a form of skill magic. While I guess dirty fighting is maybe something I can make an exception to this, not cooking.

Fixed.

You´d basically need to live under a rock before to go to Jizzytown willingly. It´s a place where people are sent, forced to go out of sheer insanity or incompetence.

I need to edit that in. Antoine likely got sent to Jizzytown with Lyle before their father disappeared. Reason being: their Father is an idiot who can barely count to five. Antoine is also so cripplingly lazy he is incompetent. And since Lyle has been sheltered all his life, he pretty much has been living under a rock.

while these are, in light sense, flaws, they are not enough to get someone sent to Jizzytown.

I'll see if I can't add something more into it.

Fixed.

I need to edit that in. Antoine likely got sent to Jizzytown with Lyle before their father disappeared. Reason being: their Father is an idiot who can barely count to five. Antoine is also so cripplingly lazy he is incompetent. And since Lyle has been sheltered all his life, he pretty much has been living under a rock.

I'll see if I can't add something more into it.

So basically he was sent with his father or was he born in Jizzytown?

So basically he was sent with his father or was he born in Jizzytown?

They were born before being sent to Jizzytown. When their mother died, they lost their only competent family member and were sent to Jizzytown. Their father was an idiot, Antoine was lazy, and Lyle is flawed with milder stupidity, terrible naivety and inexperience. He never really matured, either, so he is also a manchild. A polite, unwittingly suicidal manchild.

They were born before being sent to Jizzytown. When their mother died, they lost their only competent family member and were sent to Jizzytown. Their father was an idiot, Antoine was lazy, and Lyle is flawed with milder stupidity, terrible naivety and inexperience. He never really matured, either, so he is also a manchild. A polite, unwittingly suicidal manchild.

Alright. Been naive and inexperienced would likely keep in a training facility rather than anything else, so I look coward to seeing the stupidity part there.

Have you fixed it yet?

Fairly certain I have. Does anything more require modification?

-Added more about his father being an idiot.

-Gave Lyle a degree of stupidity to inflame his naivety and inexperience.

-Made Cooking one of his skill magics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back