Story Delusions of a Mad-Man

Alice The Maid

DELUSIONS OF A MAD MAN

One day, I was visited by a strange man in a dusty overcoat, claiming he was there to inspect the house for the infestation of rats i had previously called into the exterminators office. “Hello, how are you?” He asked, a slight rasp in his voice. “I'm doing just fine, thank you.” I replied, somewhat sarcastically, No offense intended to the man. “Hmm, well, I heard You're having issues with rats?” “Yes, that is correct, the damn bastards scurry all over my home, chewing up my furniture and keeping me up all night.” I replied, somewhat irritated just at the thought of those little fuckers. “Well, do you have any idea where they may be coming from?” He asked, a dark look in his eyes, like he was going to enjoy slaughtering multiple Rats. Sure, i had had my fair share of fantasies of getting rid of the little bastards, but I wouldn't be so gleeful, guess he just had a sensation for killing. “Uh, yeah, come on inside, Let me show you…” i glanced at his face as we went inside, he twitched, almost as if having a small seizure. “Hmm, you have a very nice house, but… where is the damage? I don’t see any Scratches or bite marks.” The way he said that phrase made me uncomfortable… Like he was inspecting my home, learning the layout so he could kill me in my sleep… no, that's just my overactive imagination.. but, the way he walked, almost as if he was a Nazi Doctor, Examining a patient, when he abruptly stopped at a section in the wall, which was seemingly just, normal. “There is a door here…” he said as he lightly pushed on the wall, a door swinging open gently. “Hmm, maybe zis is where ze rats are coming from?” His accent changed to a German one.. I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, as he opened the door more, light shined in, revealing a staircase going down into a large room. “Umm, ive never seen this before…” as i stepped through the threshold, i gagged… almost vomiting. Laying in the center of the room was a blood soaked cloth, with a body next to it, horribly mangled, laying in a contorted mangled pose… its the face… i will never forget the face. It was twisted into a horrid grimace, almost as if he had died as someone pulled a toenail out of his foot… his face frozen in time, i could still see the fear and terror in his eyes, or, what was left of them, the mice had bitten and ate him partially, revealing bits of bone and muscle, tendons… it was horrific… I couldn't stand the sight, there was a scalpel on an operating table to his left, still bloody, a note pinned to the table. It was all in German… I couldn't read it… I didn't want to read it… I slowly picked up the note and attempted to read it, but between my very little knowledge of German and the blood splotches on the paper, it was almost illegible. I folded the paper and stuffed it in my pocket, just in case. “Well, we found where the rats and mice are coming from at least,” i started, until i was cut off by a piece of the floor dropping in front of me, followed by a loud thud. There was more to that house than i even knew existed. That years ago now… But that note still haunts me, I haven't had it read yet… I moved out of that house shortly after that incident, well, kind of… as soon as i moved out, i doused the whole place in gasoline and lit it, watching it burn, the flames slowly claiming its small kingdom, burning the curtains, the rugs, the mattresses, everything, flames bursting through the windows, i watched it burn until it burnt to the ground. I was still not satisfied, so with the last of the gasoline, i burnt the very yard in which i had grown up, leaving ash in the place of memories.

Attachments

• C9482416-F1C0-4E47-A1FF-AD995C923092.jpeg
    C9482416-F1C0-4E47-A1FF-AD995C923092.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back