• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Delinquents and Despots || D&D 5e Evil Campaign ||

erembore

Creature
E8CGPFz.png

tumblr_inline_nj8v8h5Z7x1rkc71t.png

"What is left of our history? Barely anything... 100-years of war and bloodshed for no discernible reason, or at least none that we can assess today. The tomes of old have been burned, whole cities have been leveled with the ground and then rebuilt anew, and those that knew the ancient fables have long since been buried, returned to the earth. Still, some people whisper of wrathful alien deities of the past that plunged the land in battle in their eternal struggle for power centuries ago. Thus, blood and tears were spilled in their name by the religious and the common folk alike. Carnage, disease, famine, death - they became the normalcy. Many died in that time, yet the Gods didn't cease their clash of titanic proportions - the land was robbed not only of her children, but of her natural riches as well. She was exhausted, and so were those ferocious immortals - their fight had been doomed from the start, and in their asthenia they fell into deep slumber, disappearing into obscurity, for the people had lost their faith in the divine.

005-concept-art-eve-ventrue.jpg
"This story I tell is true, whether you believe it or not, yet what truly stands in the way of honesty is that no one cares for it anymore. Just like no one cared back then to rouse the olden deities, to return them to their former glory... and that is when they took over - thieves, robbers, murderers, the scum that had prior to this crawled through the sewers in cowardice. However, with the world's population dwindling and demoralized, with the economy of all great nations in shambles, underground crime reared its deplorable head out into the sunlight. A new world order had began to set in. Oblitius fell into an age of anarchy, during which everyone engaged in wrongdoings out of desperation, and hence evil deeds became the standard.

We still stand decaying in that slum - living conditions only keep deteriorating, and the sole escape from misery is through crime, seen as necessary to one's survival. If an individual is born with an affinity for the unjust they are praised for their durability... Despite retaining these twisted ideals to this day, the world has been rid of its chaotic ways to be replaced by a system far more dangerous - crime has become organized, nations being linked by roads of illegality, run by gangs with a vast array of followers from all classes of society. These outlaws have a ranking of their own within their system, which places everyone in a specific position. Unspoken laws of subordination do exist, albeit not morally right. As it might seem, crime ironically protects the peace in the world, but don't fool yourself - money and power make it go around. Wealth is equivalent to happiness, and it also grants influence. No wonder governments are comprised of the same breed of lowlife mugging random strangers in the streets, though the prior don't really look the part, yet definitely have a more detrimental impact. Even if not inherently delinquents, pseudo-politicians depend on those that got them elected in the first place - crime bosses, and the funds they bring in from the black market. This world is rotten to the core..."

As hard as you tried, you couldn't manage to suppress the sly smile creeping onto your lips. The old man rambling off to an increasingly irritated bunch of patrons a little ways off from you was an entertaining sight. He preached in a fit of lunacy that was quite common for village people, superstition heavy in his words. The sense of an impending row linger in the tavern's dingy atmosphere. Soon enough at least ten men would leap at him and then blindly at each other. That was precisely one of the main attractions of roadside establishments like this one - the arguments and the senseless fighting. However, casting a glance over your group of companions, you were reminded that you were travelling on business and not for pleasure. Also, it wasn't the raving madness of the geezer that was so funny to you - it was the people he was criticizing so much.

Delinquents, just like yourself...

db55449dbbd56d9496a404c265210bf0.jpg

YAggbQ5.png
As the title of the thread might suggest, what I'm looking to do is an evil D&D 5e campaign. While the above "introduction" to the world of Oblitius might have been vague, it's supposed to give you a general sense of the setting of the game - the story takes place in a land where the gods have mysteriously vanished and organized crime now reigns. More details will be revealed regarding lore and locations after there are enough people that wish to participate.

What's necessary to state beforehand is that the PCs will be a group of small-time criminals that already know each other, having worked together on a job before. However, seeing as petty crime cannot satisfy their material needs, they'll be trying to make it big, which will entail attempting to become a part of one of the current leading criminal organizations. There is one such "mafia" in every nation - divided into smaller groups that operate in the largest settlements - with each one possessing a particular hierarchy.

More specifically, the characters will be gunning for the central criminal group of the Republic of Baldurian - the biggest country in Oblitius - located in the capital, Silmund. Hence, the roleplay will take off just as they arrive in this city. What happens after depends on your choices.

Apart from this, I must issue a warning - I will not allow for anyone to turn into a murderhobo and take the story in a direction that is most definitely pointless. This roleplay is meant to explore crime in a psychological sense and the various reasons why people are bad, or why good people become bad. Basically, there is no need for the PCs to be inherently evil. Rather, what I'm looking for are roleplayers that are willing to create diverse, complex personages with varying motivations, background, races, classes, etc., and who will then further develop them along the course of the many adventures that shall commence.
ROrZcqi.png
As previously mentioned, I hope to find a group of about 4 to 5 people that are willing to put passion and dedication into creating realistic and interesting characters. The roleplay will very much be focused on the world, meaning the party will often get swept up in the events happening around them. However, personal backstories and character development will also be of utmost importance. I actually intend to in one way or another integrate everyone's bio into the overarching storyline, so I would request that the future character sheets not only include stats, but are more... fleshed out.

Now, onto what's actually important. I plan for us to communicate in real time via Discord, but for the campaign to be held on RPnation. And in order for everyone to be able to get truly involved, I plan to hold one 2 to 3 hour session every week, on a specific day, at a specific time. For me personally Thursday evening from 7pm till around 9pm is most convenient, but I do live in Eastern Europe (UTC+2), so the specifics can and will be negotiated.

I will says that it'll be for the best if you at the very least live somewhere in Europe...
HGNGmAP.png
Finally, to introduce myself... Hi there, call me Erembore. I have around 4 years of roleplay experience, but only one of which includes D&D. Regardless, I'll be the DM of this hopefully successful campaign. I know my alias might sound pretentious or "edgy" to some, yet I can assure you I'm generally a pretty chill person. This online handle is simply in reference to one of the characters I've played in D&D so far - a fetchling warlock that's batshit insane.

Evidently, I have some (even if comparatively little) experience in taking on the role of a PC. However, in all honesty, DMing isn't something I'm too well-versed in. I'm pretty much a newbie at it. Where I hail from board-games aren't that big of a thing in general, and finding a devoted group of players is a tough task. Yet, against all odds, I've been running a solo campaign for my boyfriend for a couple of months now, but am itching to dive into a collective setting that would be more action-packed and socially engaging. And evil, of course! I realize that sounds... over-ambitious for an inexperienced DM such as myself, but risk-taking and measured gambling never hurt.

So, please bear with me as I fumble around trying to create a fun world and a dynamic story. I promise to try my best, if you'd only give me the chance.

Also, do go easy on me...

Last edited:
I'm also an American. I'm very fascinated by your world and the philosophy behind it! I'd be willing to join. I can play on most weekends, but I can probably also play on weekdays when my current show ends.

mmm i want to join but i live in america, though im up at all hours. could i still be welcome?
I'm also an American. I'm very fascinated by your world and the philosophy behind it! I'd be willing to join. I can play on most weekends, but I can probably also play on weekdays when my current show ends.
Thank you guys for the interest! Naturally, both of you are welcome to join, though we will have to figure out a convenient time for everyone.

Yet, that shall be done later... For now, I'll start working on the main thread and will post it as soon as 2 more people have joined.

i am interested. i see a lot of potential to build really unique characters here, and i've always wanted to try playing a less heroic dnd game.

i'm also from europe, so your current time for the game works perfectly for me.

I'm up for something like this, and I'm a Brit, so timing shouldn't be an issue.

erembore erembore So tell us more about character creation. Stats? Starting Equipment? Deities?
Well, seeing as we have enough people showing interest, I actually have been working on writing down more necessary lore that the characters would be aware of, as well as getting up a CS thread. It's taking me a bit longer than anticipated, unfortunately, yet it'll be up soon enough, and by that I mean sometime tomorrow morning (where I am... which would entail in the middle of the night for all my American fellows).

What you'll have to do stat-wise is fill out the classical D&D 5e character sheet (use the general template to guide you; other than that, orcpub provides with a nice backbone for a possible personage) - I'll do a bbcoded version soon enough for convenience's sake. Just know that you'll be starting off as 5th level PCs, 'cause that's fun, and that starting equipment will depend on class and background, yet I'll also grant a cool item to each one of you. All classes (yes, including blood hunter...) and races from the 5e Player's Handbook and Unearthed Arcana are game. Anything from an outside source will have to be talked over, yet know that I'm reasonably open to discussion.

And when it comes down to the gods... You don't know anything. No one really does. Some even question whether deities ever even existed in the first place. I am aware of the obvious question that pops into one's mind at the mention of a lack of the divine in a D&D setting - clerics and paladins in the world of Oblitius draw their powers from two sources, which are existential concepts on one hand, and mythologized historical patrons on the other. But more on that topic will be coming later... meaning, again, tomorrow.

Be looking forward to the official thread, yet in the meantime I'm here to answer any other pending questions. Thank you for the inquiries, by the way. They're always appreciated!

looking forward to it. ive been wanting to do an evil campaign for a while now. I actually havent looked at races and classess outside the standard 5e stuff, so that will be what im off to do

After ten thousand years of dire search for a D&D campaign I could join I finally found one that fits my timezone. Please tell me that you can still accept me into your ranks, I would be most grateful to you. I live in central Europe, UTC+1.

After ten thousand years of dire search for a D&D campaign I could join I finally found one that fits my timezone. Please tell me that you can still accept me into your ranks, I would be most grateful to you. I live in central Europe, UTC+1.
You are more than welcome to join our ranks, adventurer! I've written up some lore right here for you to skim over while I finish up everything else before we can commence the actual roleplay.

i've not had the time to read up on this yet but i'm pretty excited as it seems well thought out. i'm already thinking of some ideas for my character, too.

on that note, i should mention i've only ever played one dnd game in my life, and it's still ongoing. i do apologise if i come off a little noobish - certainly novelty classes are way beyond me so i'll stick with classic... classes, for sure.

are we sticking with the base gold and equipment? i know you mentioned it depnnded on the person and the background. is there any other starting amounts to think about?

are we sticking with the base gold and equipment? i know you mentioned it depnnded on the person and the background. is there any other starting amounts to think about?
Each character will get the starting equipment their class and background grants them, yes. Starting gold for everyone will be 500gp. The only other thing you should keep in mind is the fact that, again, I'll give each one of you an uncommon magic item, yet that's happening after all the characters are done.

How do you want us to determine our HP? Dice rolls or otherwise?

Seeing as Hangover Hangover has already got an idea for a barbarian character, I'm going to revise my character and make them a fighter, if only for the sake of variation.

I'm more concerned about the RP's life. Not much has happened in a past week. I very much like the what erembore erembore has made for us so far and I would hate seeing it go to waste. I don't want to push anyone into working against their will, I just need to hear where's the problem, if there is any at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back