• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Deleting Specific PM Messages

Count Gensokyo

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a Fair & Balanced Game
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Like the title says. I think it'd be a good idea to give users the option of deleting or hiding certain replies sent in a PM conversation.

Ironically, this isn't because of any personal troubles I've encountered with other users, but because I want to have a character whose ability is to make whoever sees it and looks away forget everything they saw and learned about it. I want to imitate that sort of ability by deleting any PM's that feature that character whenever my partner's character doesn't see it any more.

I'd suggest you edit them to put it into spoilers instead. Part of the fun of roleplaying, for me, is being able to go back and read what happened before. Deleting posts would ruin that. Not to mention you'd then be taking OOC actions for IC stuff, which is another thing that personally bugs me. Have you tried talking over possible options with your partner?

I'd suggest you edit them to put it into spoilers instead. Part of the fun of roleplaying, for me, is being able to go back and read what happened before. Deleting posts would ruin that. Not to mention you'd then be taking OOC actions for IC stuff, which is another thing that personally bugs me. Have you tried talking over possible options with your partner?

Alright, I get that. It seems like a better idea, anyway. Thanks! Still, this might actually be a useful feature for others, although I can't say I have a use for it right now. Will you guys consider it?

If a user needs particular posts in a PM deleted for harassment or other conflict reasons, they can always report it. Staff can remove individual posts if there is a need.

This is me considering it, just finding alternate answers along the way. ^;3^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back