News Delay & Changes to Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am super excited about the Patreon thing seeing as I have been (clearly, as you can see by my badges) giving every month since September of last year anyway and plan to keep doing so every month :3

Last edited by a moderator:
I am super excited about the Patreon thing seeing as I have been (clearly, as you can see by my badges) giving every month since September of last year anyway and plan to keep doing so every month :3

Thank you :)

It takes a special kind of moron to use a stolen credit card to donate money.

Well yes but PP is also super dumb in the way it handles such things, one user one time donated 12 dollars indivually so that's 12 donations at one dollar each and then immediately reversed it, PayPal's automated system went bonkers.

it was done after that but after appealing, the automated system seems to punish the same offender hothead second time instead of making us appeal.

PP is notorious for interrupting massive world wide events and non profit organizations and stuff, google up the horror stories.

I've never donated because I feel it would be mildly inconveniencing, but I might start if there's a Patreon.

I'm a little sad about the donation going away ( or the system changing ) 

I personally can't commit every month, but I do like to donate when I have the extra money to do so, so would I be able to do that still? This is the first month I've been able to donate, and I would like to be able to do so more in the future.

I'm a little sad about the donation going away ( or the system changing ) 

I personally can't commit every month, but I do like to donate when I have the extra money to do so, so would I be able to do that still? This is the first month I've been able to donate, and I would like to be able to do so more in the future.

yup, the option to do a one-time donation should still be available 

Just to be sure this doesn't mean RPnation will become a pay to acces site, will it? Like it won't be giving special privileges over donations or worse, blocking people who don't pay from accessing it? (Of course though, something purely aesthetic like the badges is perfectly fine as a donation reward)

Just to be sure this doesn't mean RPnation will become a pay to acces site, will it? Like it won't be giving special privileges over donations or worse, blocking people who don't pay from accessing it? (Of course though, something purely aesthetic like the badges is perfectly fine as a donation reward)

nope sorry we're taking inspiration from sites like SA now

however that doesnt mean you wont get be able to access the site at all!

you can make 1 post a week if youre a free user, and can look at the site for 5 hours a day

premium tier 1 gets 24 hour access to the site, 3 posts a week and 2 status updates, and is 10$ a month

tier 2 you get 24 hour access, 10 posts a week, 5 status updates, and pm capabilities,  and is 30$ a month

tier 3 you get the same as tier 2 but you can make rps now. 100$ a month.

tier 4 is one yearly payment for what you get in tier 3 but it's $1190

its a deal

if you share your paid account/give out your password to anyone youre banned forever lmao

jk dude i dont think dwiz will ever implement paid services for any site functionality

Last edited by a moderator:

you can make 1 post a week if youre a free user, and can look at the site for 5 hours a day

premium tier 1 gets 24 hour access to the site, 3 posts a week and 2 status updates, and is 10$ a month

tier 2 you get 24 hour access, 10 posts a week, 5 status updates, and pm capabilities,  and is 30$ a month

its a deal

if you share your paid account/give out your password to anyone youre banned forever lmao

jk dude i dont think dwiz will ever implement paid services for any site functionality

I almost had a heart attack there :P  XD

Thanks for letting me know! 

Agh! Glad to hear that progress on the change is good, but a little sad that its delayed. Anyway, I am overflowing with anticipation Dwiz! I can't wait!

So we're  reverting back to old site? I've always preferred that over this : P 

yaaaaaaaayyy

its a deal

YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!

welp this was my 10th post this week..... bye....

Awesome! Thanks. Then I'm all for the change :)  

You'll still be ablle to do one time donations :)!

Its just the ability to make recurring donations through a safer method, something to let people who want it to do it to give us a sense of increased stability is all.

YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!

Ghost is so troll :P!

No, we'll never ever be a pay-to-access site.  Donators will receive nice cosmetic things, but no special privileges, and we'll never block anyone just for being unable to donate.  We know tight budgets are a thing, and many don't have jobs at all, but we want you all here regardless!

When will Hosted Projects open back up?

Once we get the update settled and the new addon installed and working properly.  I don't have a time for that, but it shouldn't be too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back