• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TheHistorian

Whoever this victor guy is i need to have a word…
AAF61A52-A596-4B30-89D8-9E96D0D61B49.jpeg
From the eyes of Gods
<~~~~~~~>
Long ago the planet of Alduin, was Taken by several beings of incredible technological advancement calling themselves the Celestians. Having come to study the potential for future life to develop in the universe they cut the planet into nine sections and made each one into a disk habitat. The central disk was the largest at 10000 miles in diameter, giving it the surface area of one third the earth give or take. Above and below it are two slightly smaller disks each with a diameter of 8000 miles, giving them more surface area than the combined landmass of Eurasia, Australia, And Africa combined. The two above and below those ones are smaller still at 6000 miles in diameter, but even still that rivals the entire continent of Eurasia with Australia added in. Finally the last two plates on the outermost edge are about 4000 miles in diameter making them roughly twice the size of Alaska in surface area. All together they turned a planet just slightly smaller than the earth, into a structure with almost 50% more space than our own world.

They set about the work of turning each Disk into a habitat. First parking the structure in an orbit around a star at a speed that would simulate gravity for the habitats. Then they would distribute water and earth onto the disks in carefully calculated placements. Neural inhibiting fields and disorientation weaponry was placed around the edges of each disk so that anything that strayed too close would be turned around. The largest disk, the central one would be a replica of the Celestians home world, where they could observe the potential development of similar species with similar biological needs. The first disk above the middle was a dense mountainous jungle scape with deep trenchlike oceans, the first disk below the middle was an arid desert with enough ground and cloud moisture to not need rivers and clouds, the second disk above was a series of caves and tunnels built into a harsh irradiated wasteland with little atmospheric shielding. The second disk below was a vast ocean, unbroken by land masses, with warm and cold sides. The final disk above the middle was a harsh volcanic hell scape with a rich nutrient content level. And the final disk below was a frigid glacial tundra stretching over an ocean which expanded from one side of the ring to the other, with ice thickness being the lowest at the center and getting thicker as you near the ring. The outermost disks were rounded and each was 3000 miles in diameter, they contained the advanced biogenetic labs that produced lifeforms the realm of genesis, and the wireless Neural network that held Consciousnesses post mortem, the afterlife. These nine Areas would then be enclosed in hologram fields making the denizens of one disk oblivious to the existence of another disk. Thus they began to fill these habitats with a variety of lifeforms.

As life continued to spread a variety of ideas about how to steer the experiment would rise and eventually one of these ideas though terrible could not be swayed from. A celestian known as Zaturr wanted to weaponize the lifeform and hone them into a brutal collection of warrior races they could use to dominate not only the Celestian empire but also any other empire that might lurk in the cosmos, He and his followers would take to calling themselves The Gods. while the others sought to enlighten and elevate the lifeforms and began to be called The Tutors. Eventually a bloody war would break out and The Gods would emerge the victors. However Zaturr would turn on the other gods a few millenia later and Gain their clearances, and access codes making himself the lone lord of the Ninr realms of Alduin. A Cruel lord Of the nine realms.
9110AE94-2705-417F-9C0D-4B4899233821.jpeg
<~~~>
From the eyes of Mortals

“A letter sent home from a nameless soldier of the 4th Dry plane crusade.”
“In the beginning times, The gods walked with The mortal races, they taught us, fed us, and kept us safe and at peace in their light. Yet we grew complacent and corrupted by our bounty and good fortune. This corruption bleed out onto the gods themselves and a great war spread across the heavens shaking the worlds and causing the heavens to shimmer. In the end the Great god Zaturr stood as the last living god, and he was determined to prevent the corruption from spreading again. He gathered those who survived the War in the heavens and began to teach them the laws and truths of life that were hidden from us. No longer were we innocent children, corruption and the blood spilled by the gods had shown us the harsh reality of life, and we grew up.

Across the realms forges cranked out steel, it would be needed to keep us safe from those who wished for evil. Food and water no longer came easily to us, we must struggle by the strength of our backs for survival, but this makes us stronger. Strength that is needed, for foul monsters from other realms come to take our lives and all we have built. Fortunately our merciful lord Zaturr has told us the creatures foul plans for us, and showed us how to build our own gateways to their worlds. For every drop of our blood that is spilled we will spill theirs, such is the way of our lord. We fear not our mortality, for our lord ensures us that when we fall our souls will go on to teach millions, yes Millions. I can hardly fathom such a number, yet my lords priests ensure me that it is a great number. I must go, The mages have finished the portal, we shall make those foul serpents pay for your mother’s blood. When they are finally gone, we shall once again live alongside our lord as it was in the beginning times, do not grow complacent my son, do not grow corrupt, and when the time comes, carry your steel with honor.”

<~~~~~>

The actual plot

Okay so this story is a bit of a cluster I’m not gonna lie. Aliens come and carve up a planet and then make lifeforms on it. They go to war over what to do with those lifeforms and the winner of that war wasn’t exactly the good guy. Zaturr is not an absent god, he makes appearances, he preforms “miracles”, and often he rains judgement. In truth he is not divine, he is an alien with control over technology sufficient to carve a planet like a knife does an apple, and of course to create life. But for Stone-Broze-Iron age level beings That technology might as well be Magical god powers. Anyway this god Zaturr tells us that the denizens of the other realms are aiming to kill us all and take our realm from us, which is our divine birthright and inheritance. We are to wage crusades against these beings because their realms are also our divine inheritance as we are the lords of the Nine realms, heirs to the gods.

You will be playing the role of a denizen of the middle planes largest Nation, Krieg. The Nation of Krieg is the first Iron age Nation of the Middle disk and encompasses an area roughly the size of Texas. Knights on horseback make for powerful calvary charges, with Catapults, Ballista, and siege towers. Most of all their power comes from the Sept of Sages who have been able to reverse engineer some of the mystical artifacts of the gods replicating some of their magics. Being the Most powerful nation they have decently amicable relations with the neighboring nations. However thats not why Krieg is important. You know what they say, location, location, location.

In this case the location of The last Gasp of The Tutor Celestians. An A.I. simply named Hope. This A.I. was in an artifact found by the Krieg Sept of Sages, and it Bonded to one of the sages Granting him the ability to immunize people from the influence and scrutiny of Zaturr. The A.I. also grants him knowledge and has told him the truth of this world. With this The Tutor hoped the Created lifeforms could one day come to understand the functions of the Architect space station and use it to bring Zaturr to justice. its the birth of a rebellion, the changing of an age, its the plot to kill a god.
391CC5B7-D55B-40A7-8DD2-CB63EF7442F8.jpeg
(hope, the Holographic A.I modeled after its celestian creator.
<~~~~>

Ok so clearly ive got a Loooot of lore to work on but if you have any questions please let me know. Im open to suggestions for the other Disks, and your welcome to design your own nation other than Krieg if you want, however krieg is the military superpower of the middle disk.

One last bit, magic. Its not some mystical force, but ifs not hard science either. There is a psychic element to it, and a hyper advanced technological aspect. I’ll be sure to bring it up in lore, but the best way i can summarize it, is nano technology played a huge role in terraforming the disks, these nanomachines are in EVERY living thing on the disks. They are thought controlled. While it comes easy to celestians who have REALLY powerful minds, the lesser races can actually tap into it to a limited degree to change the world around them. But for us doing so is painful and can kill you if you aren’t careful. This actually is because radiation is a key component used by the nanotechnology to rearrange atoms. Thus each use of magic gives the caster a dose of radiation. When given time to rest, we can recover from the damage done to us, but overuse of magic will have the person suffer from radiation poisoning and eventually even death.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back