• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Defense Agency's Recruit Academy Interest Check

StorytellerLathos

laugh hard, run fast, be kind
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Story
The world has changed since the end of the WWIII in 2045, magic has been discovered, super powered people and animals are now a truth of everyday life, and technology has advanced almost 100 years ahead of what was expected. The U.S. has made great advances technologically, at the head of this improvement is the state of Varstech (used to be Pennsylvania + New York). It has been putting out new ideas and technology for many years and now holds much of the nation's population. Overpopulation and limited resources are, surprisingly, not a problem, in place of these old obstacles are powerful evils looking to destroy the state for their own goals.

When they first appeared a hero by the name of Zack with the help of Max Clarkson (currently richest man alive and powerful political figure in Varstech) began the Defense Agency. This program created a small army that could fight against these evils and win. With the conflict over many of the people who served in the Defense Agency left in search of their own path. Now evil has returned and a wave of people with powers will be trained to become the new Defense Agency.

The RP
Welcome to this RP, the two big ideas behind this RP are "allow the players to play whoever they want" and "I want to GM an academy RP" so let me go a bit more in depth with the first one. I want the players of this RP to feel that they have almost complete freedom with the creation of their character. What I mean by this is that you could be a bipedal pig, an arcane table, a cat with super intelligence, a robot with free will, or even a cockroach with super-human strength, I am not however encouraging people to become almighty gods who can't be slain.

Below are the slots available in the academy, remember that as Vice Principle you will be in charge of the RP if I ever have to leave for extended periods of time. I allow for up to 2 characters, specifically either 2 students or 1 student and 1 teacher, you can't have 2 teachers. I don't have a set number of people I need/want so this thread will close when I feel there are enough people. If there are any classes you want added or questions you have ask me in this thread.

Academy Staff
Principle: Max Clarkson (Me)
Vice Principle (Co-GM):

General Combat:
General Science: Elliot Wilson (Girl in a Bottle; TBD)
History: Storyteller (Me)
Mathematics: The Doctor (mortalitasi; TBD)
Melee Combat: (Kobe Nathan Wade)
Ranged Combat: (Yennie)

Power Control: Zack Zakkory (Me)

Robotics: Elliot Wilson (Girl in a Bottle)
Biology:
Chemistry:
Geology:
Survival Skills: The Doctor (mortalitasi; TBD)

IC Thread
OOC Thread

Last edited:
Hi. I'd just like to start off by saying my character will have a lot of hours clocked in ranged combat and magic control...

I'd love to play the melee combat teacher and a student.
Yennie Yennie Wouldn't it be a fun trope if the ranged combat teacher and melee combat teacher had a fued over which was superior?

Seems neat. Wouldn't mind joining
^^ Same! This looks super awesome, i'd love to be involved.
Interested :)
I'd be interested in playing the Ranged Combat teacher and a student
Hi. I'd just like to start off by saying my character will have a lot of hours clocked in ranged combat and magic control...
Sounds interesting, I'd be interested in playing a teacher (general science and robotics) and a student!
I'd love to play the melee combat teacher and a student.
Yennie Yennie Wouldn't it be a fun trope if the ranged combat teacher and melee combat teacher had a fued over which was superior?

Awesome, here's the CS Thread. The IC thread and OOC thread will be coming soon.

Question: Would the teachers be former members of the Defense Agency?

They probably would be (i.e. Max and Zack), though you don't have to make them part of the originals if you don't want to (i.e. Storyteller). As I said, one of the largest components of this RP is that you have a lot of freedom with character creation.

I'd love to be a part of this! I'd love to be the survival skills and/or mathematics teacher if no one else is currently looking at that!

Last edited:
Okay there are about 5 teacher slots open and a whole lot of student slots I want to fill so here's a bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back