• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Defenders of Beryllion

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

TheCrimsonPhoenix

Crimson Flames
In the kingdom of Beryllion, The Fire Sorcerer and Ice Sorceress wreaks havoc across the land in attempt to take over. Relentless monsters and beasts roam wildly and the king of Beryllion sees this as a threat to the kingdom. He summons a small band of heroes to defeat the sorcerer and sorceress, promising them fame and fortune if they were to succeed. Can our heroes put a end to the sorcerer and sorceress? Or will they perish trying to? Our heroes' every choices will affect their future... for they are... the Defenders of Beryllion!

(Before you can join, read the lore to understand the plot and rules better and create your character in OOC. I'm waiting for at least two players before we start, so first come, first served. Lastly, Have fun!)

"Surely, this quest I will entrust you on will be a perilous one. Many hardships await, including certain death. You may not return the way you were before, or even at all. Knowing this, Sir Greyson, Sir Raito, and Lady Arianna... are you certain you wish to proceed with your quest?", the King asks you and your party. How will you respond, Greyson?

Grayson was kneeling in front of the royal, his head pointing down. “Yes, I am certain my king.” he answered, not a hint of indecision in his voice. “I will gladly defeat any enemy that stands in your way or die trying, and...” he said, lifting his head up “Although it is not my place to question you, are you sure we can trust this rapscallion and this outsider?”

Raito and Arianna are kneeling with their heads pointed down too.

The King looks at Grayson with a surprised tone in his voice. "Oh? You have doubts about your temporary followers? Sir Raito is the best hunter Beryllion has ever hired. Lady Arianna is well known for her supportive actions, like making and distributing food and medicine."

Arianna smiles and blushes a little, though she hides it while kneeling and keeping her head pointed down.

"I have a feeling we can trust them. However, If you suspect any signs of betrayal, you have my permission to strike them down at any given moment. At the same time, you may recruit anyone who seems worthy enough to join you on your quest."

He listened to the king’s explanation, carefully thinking it over before giving his answer “Very well. If you put your trust in them, I will as well. I believe your judgement is true and just, your highness. I shall recruit any of those that are truly worthy of servering you, as well as slaying those that would oppose us.” he responded, putting his head back down for further order.

The King nods. "Then I leave this quest in your hands Sir Greyson. Sir Raito, Lady Arianna, from this moment on, you shall do as Sir Greyson commands, understood?"

"Yes, your majesty." The two respond.

"Excellent. You may now go on your way. We all will pray for your safe return."

Grayson stood, bowed again, and strode towards the exit, sword and shield at his side. Once outside the castle, he turned to face his new partners. "The king trusts you, and I trust him, so I will trust you as well. However, you are on thin ice. This goes especially for you, foreigner. One foot out of line and I will not hesitate to put you down." he spoke, a glare in his eye.

He quickly changed subjects, taking a much kinder stance, clasping his hands together "Now then, shall we be off? Does anyone need purchase any equipment? Have you all eaten? If not, it shall be my treat. I know a simply wonderful tavern not too far from here." he suggested, the previous threatening tone disappearing completely.

"I say we should have a toast for our first day as partners. A little drink can't hurt." Raito responds with a small smirk.
"We should prepare ourselves for upcoming battles. Any fight could be our last, so we must prepare for the worst." Arianna says after Raito finishes his suggestion.

However, as the group's leader, it is your decision to decide. Will you celebrate the team getting together, or will you prepare your party for the journey?

"I say we should celebrate. I believe that we already have enough equipment and supplies to survive for a good while, and another chance to relax will not come for a while. Besides, a tavern is a great place to recruit new members into our... admittedly lacking party. And yes, of course, a good drink and a meal never killed anyone. I shall lead the way." he stated, and turned to the left, leading the group down the marketplace.

When they arrived, they were greeted by the crackling blaze of the hearth and the sound of people laughing and talking. Drinks were being carried around, as well as dishes full of plentiful food. There was a game of darts going on in the back, and a game of poker to their right. Grayson sat himself down at a table near the front, inviting the other two to join him "Come on, don't be shy. I won't bite. Like I said, it's my treat."

Raito and Arianna sit at the table with Greyson. Arianna seems a bit uncomfortable, but Raito seems to be eyeing the game of darts nearby.

"Heh heh... I bet I could get a bulls-eye in one shot. So, we should probably introduce ourselves. In case you don't already know, The name's Raito. Luckiest man and Beryllion's best hunter. Pair me with my Bow, and with a little luck, I can hit anything, no matter how far it is."

"...My name is Arianna. I come from a noble family east of Beryllion. I am a believer of the Star of Grace, which guides us and lights our way in the darkest of nights. I take good care of the sick and poor by making them food and medicine. I can also use blessings from the Star of Grace to Heal anyone who may be injured."

"So, what about you, fearless leader? You've got an interesting backstory I bet." Raito and Arianna both seem curious about Greyson's backstory.

"I am Grayson Alexander. I was born into a noble family and because of some... unfortunate events that occured because of me, I swore to protect those that need protecting. I was trained in the Knight's Academy in Tarnstead, a few towns over. I am most proficient with a sword and shield. During a battle with some unsavory, rather supernatural folk, I lost my right eye to protect a cadet that I am training. This was, oh, a year or so ago." he replied, calling a waitress over when he was done. "Excuse me, ma'am, may we have three mugs of ale?" he asked, handing over a silver piece and a couple of copper pieces to pay for it.

"Right away sir." The waitress collects the silver and copper pieces, then returns to the counter to make 3 mugs of ale.

Raito is watching the game of darts nearby. The other players are making shots near the center, but not actually hitting it. "I can't watch anymore... someone's got to show 'em how it's done. Watch this." Raito gets up and walks to the people who are playing. "Hey, you're good, but I can show you what real skill looks like. How much do you bet?"

Arianna has an unamused expression on her face. "The poor fool... Raito is going to bet all of his resources and lose it all. Maybe we should stop him... although... he says he is the best hunter in all of Beryllion. If he makes the bull's eye, then..."

As the leader, will you stop Raito or Watch him? Careful though, depending on your answer, the outcome may require a Dice Roll.

Last edited:
Grayson took a swig of the ale, dwelling over on what he should do "Well, if he does lose, it will be quite a dilemma... but I believe this would be a good time to test his abilities. If he is truly the best hunter in the land, he should at least be able to beat these riff-raff, and if he isn't, it'll bring him down a peg. I say we should just watch and see what happens. If he loses all he has, I'll share with him." he answered

"I suppose you're right." Arianna responds, then takes a swig of her ale.

Raito aims the dart at the board. He carefully takes aim... then throws the dart.

Just so you know,
1 or 2: Miss
3 to 5: Hits the board, but not the center
6: Perfect Bull's-eye

Grayson chuckled briefly, “Well, I suppose it was a bit of false bravado. Still, I’m fairly certain he still did a little better than the other players. That ought to be at least a tie.”

4. The dart lands VERY close to the center.
"Huh... not bad. We have a tie, so I guess we keep our bets." The other players agree and shake hands with Raito. Finally, he returns to the table.

Arianna smiles teasingly. "You missed the center."

"I was lucky that it was close enough to the center. On the bright side, I didn't lose my bets!" Raito quickly responds.

Arianna shrugs and takes another swig of Ale.

Last edited:
After a few minutes of Ale drinking and introductions, the town bells chime, followed by multiple citizens screaming and running past the Tavern. Pig-like beasts carrying Daggers chase after them.

A knight stumbles into the Tavern with a large gash below his ribs. "The walls have... fallen! We are under attack! Please... save yourself... find... shelter..." The young knight collapses right after speaking.

Some onlookers gasp and watch in horror, while others unsheathe their weapons and run outside, preparing to fight.

Arianna runs to the fallen knight and checks his pulse... and lets out a sigh of relief. "...He's still alive. I'll help those who are wounded and get them to safety, Help our friends defend Beryllion!" She then begins reciting a prayer to the Star of Grace.

Raito nods to Greyson with determination. "Ready when you are!"

Grayson approached the cadet, checking for a name. Fendrel Clark. He will have to give him some thanks after all of this is over. Maybe put a good word in with the king.

He looked at Raito, and nodded back, drawing his sword and shield, charging through the crowd to reach the beasts. How had he not gotten word of this in advance, an army large enough to topple walls should have been noticed by scouts. At least he was still in town, otherwise anything could've happened.

He prioritized the citizens being chased, as they had no way to defend themselves. Quickly catching up with the pigs, he decided to taunt them to get their attention "Hey, you lot! What do you think you're doing?! Why don't you pick on someone who can fight back?! Unless you're all just filthy cowards!" he yelled, hoping that would work. It usually did, but he had no idea if they even spoke Common.

The Pig like beasts hear Greyson and approach him practically ready for a fight. There are roughly 50 in all and they all have daggers.

Raito stands next to Greyson with his bow drawn. "No backing down now. Let's show 'em who's boss!"

Thus, begins a battle. Greyson goes first. What will you do? Remember, the higher the roll, the more effect it has.

“Even if I had the chance, I would not dare run from a fight.” he replied, watching the commoners run to safety. He moved to Raito, ready to defend him if the beasts charged.

“Here’s the plan. I slash them while you cover for me and provide any killing blows you see.” he explained, slowly approaching the pig-men, and swung his sword.

The arrow hits a Pig-man that got too close to Greyson. The Pig-man doesn't die, but staggers back in pain.

The Pig-men get ready to attack.

The Pig-men charge at Greyson while one with a bow shoots an arrow at him. Not lethal, but could've been worse.

Greyson's turn is next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back