• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Default Font Style and Size

Elowyn

word weaver
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was wondering if you guys can make the default font and style adjustable so that we don't have to change it every time we post something. That would be really cool!

Thanks for reading.

Have you looked into Post Macros?

You'd need to have a word in each one for the font/style to set on, but then you can just click the Macro button (looks like a lightning bolt in the buttons at the top of the text box) and add it in that way.

Basically, it's a way to push one button and have everything you've saved to that button, happen. In this case, you click on the link above, then click on the button (probably green, on the top right) that says New Macro. That will give you something that looks like this:
Capture.JPG

Type a word in the text box ("default" or "sample" or whatever you like), then format it to your preferred default font and style. Give it a title (in the box above the text box) and click Save. Then, anytime you want to make a post, just click on the icon for it and you'll get a dropdown of all your saved macros. Click the one you want, and it'll put what you saved in there!

Basically, it's a way to push one button and have everything you've saved to that button, happen. In this case, you click on the link above, then click on the button (probably green, on the top right) that says New Macro. That will give you something that looks like this:
View attachment 588926

Type a word in the text box ("default" or "sample" or whatever you like), then format it to your preferred default font and style. Give it a title (in the box above the text box) and click Save. Then, anytime you want to make a post, just click on the icon for it and you'll get a dropdown of all your saved macros. Click the one you want, and it'll put what you saved in there!
Ok thank you! I will try it.

Kaerri Kaerri I'm on mobile rn and I can't get fonts to show up and the bbcode I'm using isn't working either. Solutions?

Kaerri Kaerri I'm on mobile rn and I can't get fonts to show up and the bbcode I'm using isn't working either. Solutions?
Can you provide the code you have posted as a macro?

The font works fine. The default font for posts is Open Sans which is similar, but I can notice a difference.

durr hurr
durr hurr

See the difference?

Which button do i press to use the macro i made?

Why are they called macros anyway?

The one that looks like a lightning bolt.
Capture.JPG

And... I don't know, actually. It's a relatively old term; I first came across it in Microsoft Office many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back