• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Should I create reservable roles or leave it completely open to your discretion?

• Total voters

Kloudy

The Lore Savant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Women-s-Death-Note-Ryuk-and-Red-apple-anime-manga-T-shirt-Cartoon-t-shirt-men.jpg

Welcome.

The following report is from me, Special Officer Gerald ####### of the FBI. The events described occur several years after the nicknamed "Rise of the Reapers" disaster. As you are most likely already aware, the appearance of these "Reapers" have caused severe discontent, dissent and disruption to both the public and it's government sector. Following the initial murder of ##### via ###### in which the police had initially been fooled, it soon became clear that Britain was not dealing with just an average murderer. We were tangling with a killer. A highly intelligent and inscrutable god of death. Many online fans worshipped them as one. People began dying, fear swathed through the city streets of London like the returning flames of the Great Fire of London.

They were the first, but not the last.

Soon another Reaper appeared, and then another. Seemingly at random intervals in time, more mysterious murderers arrived, and all seemed lost. How possible was it for a human to take on vengeful gods that could end your life by just knowing your name and face? It was ridiculous, yet that made it all the more terrifying. It became a phobia for many, like an irrational fear of clowns people quickly began to avoid acting out of line for fear that they too would receive judgement. The police soon saw a decline in recruitment and increase in resignations, other government sectors meeting the same fates. It was a death sentence for other authorities, and it came with a literal follow up should they try to resist.

We were so lucky. Thank any other gods that we at least had a select few willing and skilled enough to fight back. Lucky that we had our own Davids to tackle these Goliaths.

~~~

Welcome to London, the first location (but not the last) documented to have been impacted by the existence of the Death Note and their Shinigami. This is an alternate universe fandom roleplay that takes place in London at the present. Events from the original Death Note series have not occurred and your original characters will be the first to experience it's phenomenon.

You may choose any background, appearance or personality. Your appearance should preferably be anime or art, but I will accept realistic face claims too. This roleplay is semi-detailed, so I expect at least two paragraphs and decent spelling/grammar. I'm fairly easy going, so if you struggle to meet these standards but are willing to try then I'd be inclined to help you. I'm not too worried about posting frequency, but at least once a week with updates if you can't post would be appreciated.

If you've read this far, here's the kicker:
Death Note users are called Reapers. Once all initial characters have been made and accepted, I will randomly select one of you to receive a Death Note using a dice. There will also be the role of the Shinigami available for someone to claim. I will be playing the world's npcs. Every 10 pages, I will drop another Death Note into the world, choosing another character at random, along with opening up another Shinigami role to be filled. It is possible for the same character to be chosen multiple times. The roleplay will reach a conclusion when either all Reapers have died or have been defeated, or when there is no longer a way for the people to retaliate against them.

If there are two people with Death Notes, you are not required to become allies and can even battle for supremacy if you so choose. If a group of allied Reapers succeed against all their enemies, the roleplay will conclude. Depending on the ending, I may run a sequel set in this rp's future based on how it specifically concludes.

You will all start your characters off as normal people not expecting to receive a Death Note and then develop them as they come into contact with one, or their users. If you do not have a Death Note, it is not impossible to have your character ally with a Reaper depending on their personality. All the rules in the anime, described here, and rpn's rules apply. I will be running a discord server for ooc talk.

Since this rp will involve players fighting players, I'd recommend you go for a role you think suits you. Remember, you'll be having to outsmart your fellow rpers just as much as their characters.

~~~

Main Thread

Last edited:
I should be down, unless it starts this upcoming week lul
but anytime after should work for me

Yeah, that's fine. Once we have a few more people interested I'll start making threads.

If I can claim it I would enjoy being our death god
Judging from the poll results, that's fine. I'll make a list of potential roles to fill as a guideline, but you guys will be free to take up whatever profession or social status you'd like. Be the Prime Minister if you really feel like it!

I'm not sure if I want to be a shimigami or wait and see if I can get a Death Note as a human
It seems Karcen has already decided to be the Shinigami, and since there will only be one to start with you'll have to choose a different role.

On another note, there won't be a "notebook holder role", but instead a bunch of different professions or social statuses to choose from. Who gets the notebook is independent from ones role, and even a detective could get one.

Can I join?
but I might reply at weird time (time zone problems)
Yup. The pace of the roleplay probably won't be very quick to begin with, so you shouldn't feel pressed for getting posts out. I'll start making threads this weekend.

It seems Karcen has already decided to be the Shinigami, and since there will only be one to start with you'll have to choose a different role.

On another note, there won't be a "notebook holder role", but instead a bunch of different professions or social statuses to choose from. Who gets the notebook is independent from ones role, and even a detective could get one.
Okay, got it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back