• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Death Inc.

Jean Otus

Would-Be Prince
The human experience is a great parade of acts, as the players wear their masks, strut about in their roles and experience their victories and many, many tragedies. The many deities of the heavens judge their worthy souls and condemn the unworthy. Not every soul is deemed glorious or terrible enough for the various afterlives preached about. Some souls are trapped in the in-between for all eternity, an existence walking between life and death. Enter Death, the original reaper of souls, the ferryman to all afterlives, as he looked on the spirits with no place to go. Death felt sorry for these wayward beings and gave them a purpose. Now those caught in the in-between police the world of spirits and aid the reaper in ferrying the souls of the dead to their final destination.

At first, this agreement was feudal in nature. Death was the king, the souls were his vassals, and as time marched on their numbers swelled, as did the kingdoms of men on earth. With their increased number, the living courted death regularly. The kingdom of death continued to grow alongside the world, serving as the land between the realms of Heaven and Hell. As more modern spirits found their way into the service of Death, the agreement required an update. Slowly but surely the souls that understood the contract between king and vassal. Therefore, the Kingdom of Death required a considerable modernization and a drastic rebranding. The kingdom was transformed into a corporation, with all the souls being made into its well-dressed employees.

Now the reapers of Death Incorporated manage the many unfortunate ends that the people of Earth meet. This is where you come in, you poor, unfortunate soul, so very dead, but not righteous enough to be admitted to the heavens, and not villainous enough to be damned. You are the newest employee in our little company, and so long as you're still a rookie, I'll be your manager. It's a bit of a mess on Earth, as I'm sure you well know, and we're completely overbooked. I hope you're ready for a lot of overtime, rookie.

So what kind of powers would our characters have and what would the missions involve?
You have the ability to become intangible and fly in spirit form. The missions mostly involve reaping souls and defeating what souls become when they're not reaped, namely ghosts, ghouls, and possibly even demons. Also possibly a bunch of anti-reaper Templars.

The human experience is a great parade of acts, as the players wear their masks, strut about in their roles and experience their victories and many, many tragedies. The many deities of the heavens judge their worthy souls and condemn the unworthy. Not every soul is deemed glorious or terrible enough for the various afterlives preached about. Some souls are trapped in the in-between for all eternity, an existence walking between life and death. Enter Death, the original reaper of souls, the ferryman to all afterlives, as he looked on the spirits with no place to go. Death felt sorry for these wayward beings and gave them a purpose. Now those caught in the in-between police the world of spirits and aid the reaper in ferrying the souls of the dead to their final destination.

At first, this agreement was feudal in nature. Death was the king, the souls were his vassals, and as time marched on their numbers swelled, as did the kingdoms of men on earth. With their increased number, the living courted death regularly. The kingdom of death continued to grow alongside the world, serving as the land between the realms of Heaven and Hell. As more modern spirits found their way into the service of Death, the agreement required an update. Slowly but surely the souls that understood the contract between king and vassal. Therefore, the Kingdom of Death required a considerable modernization and a drastic rebranding. The kingdom was transformed into a corporation, with all the souls being made into its well-dressed employees.

Now the reapers of Death Incorporated manage the many unfortunate ends that the people of Earth meet. This is where you come in, you poor, unfortunate soul, so very dead, but not righteous enough to be admitted to the heavens, and not villainous enough to be damned. You are the newest employee in our little company, and so long as you're still a rookie, I'll be your manager. It's a bit of a mess on Earth, as I'm sure you well know, and we're completely overbooked. I hope you're ready for a lot of overtime, rookie.
I'm in, as long as I get to choose someone to be thrown off a cliff full of chainsaws (sharp side up and full power) :closed eyes open smile::closed eyes open smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back