• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dear, Please Don't Kill Me Again (SolarRose & Ranix Aurus)

Ranix Aurus

Languishing in Progress
Roleplay Type(s)
The town of Leingen was located at the border of the two kingdoms. It was an idyllic resort supported directly by the royal families of both kingdoms, giving it a high level of prestige among the nobility. The place was famous for its beautiful architecture, local cuisine, and its beautiful forest, a refreshing contrast to the bustling restlessness of the capital city. It was also popularly known as a neutral site, where nobles and royalties from both sides would meet up to discuss important matters related to the two kingdoms.

That day marked a historical moment between the two kingdoms when they would finally be united in marriage. Flowers were thrown on the street and the commoners were rejoicing after the announcement for the royal engagement between prince Alfred Wittenberg and princess Carina Olesan. It was a necessary step to firmly secure the formal alliance that would spearhead the joint effort of both kingdom's military improvement against foreign forces that was getting more active in recent days, especially the ruthless expansion of the self-style Empire of Licht. To ferment feelings between both parties before the eventual marriage, an engagement meeting was held at Leingen so that the two could finally meet face-to-face.

Alfred Wittenberg was dressed in a formal suit and a cape emblazoned with the insignia of the Wittenberg royal family. His golden hair was combed neatly, framing his youthful visage quite well. At the age of twenty-one, he was a heartthrob at parties among the noble girls in his kingdom. As long as he kept his mouth shut, that is. While it was merely a hushed topic among the nobles, it was well known behind the scene that prince Alfred was a magic maniac who spent his entire days studying incantations and magical structures.

There was a noble lady who tried to catch his attention by mentioning about magic. She almost fainted after an hour's lecture about Rohnan's Theory of Elemental Magic.

"My little brother is finally getting married...!" On the way to the meeting hall, Leonard Wittenberg, the crown prince, couldn't hold back his tears.

"Brother, it's just an engagement. Don't be so dramatic!" Alfred retorted. The two brothers were like carbon copies of each other, although Leonard looked more solemn and dignified compared to the casual Alfred.

"I thought you're going to die alone buried under those piles of books...!" Leonard sobbed again.

"...Just how do you see me, brother...? Anyway, we can't guarantee that the Princess would even accept this arrangement, can we? I've never even met her once!"

"That's the purpose of this meeting, isn't it? The future of our kingdoms are at stake. Do your best to seduce her."

Seduce... that didn't seem quite right. But this alliance was indeed important against the encroaching fangs of other kingdoms, who were getting more antsy. At the very least, he shouldn't make a bad impression on the other party. But... to get married just for this reason. Nobles in this era had it rough.

"Got it, brother. At the very least, I won't make her hate me."

"...That's your 'very least'...? I can't help but get worried-"

"Alright, we're here. I'll see you later."

Alfred quickly slipped into the meeting hall to avoid Leonard's nagging. His parents were discussing the betrothal with the other parties upstairs, so the two prospecting fiances could see each other without any intervention. Alfred quickly adorned his official face for the public, replacing his relaxed expression with a cool-and-collected facade learned from years of royal education.

"Greetings, Princess. My name is Alfred Wittenberg. It's my pleasure to meet you."

He said his memorized greetings, and then gave her a polite bow.

Name: Carina Olesen

Physical Description: Standing only 5'4 and 125 pounds, with a heart-shaped face. Her Ivory skin and peach-colored cheeks almost looked bright against the cascading straight stand of her copper hair that fell to the middle of her back. Bangs stop just at eye level and were swept slightly to the left. Almost like she was trying to hide her almond-shaped teal eyes. She supported a slender doll-like frame. With gentle curves. Most of the dresses provided were meant to assist the few curves she held.

Personality: Carina is somewhat meek, subservient personality and has issues with socialization. This could be because she was so closely guarded as the only heir to the Olesen family for many years. She also tends to become attached to others quickly, particularly those who show her kindness. This exterior, however, belies a kind and courageous interior willing to go above and beyond in helping others, even at her own expense.

Powers or Magic: Air Almost pure. A slight touch of Fire

Public Background: Carina is the first and only child born to Rieta Olesen. The girl looks little like her mother or father with a scant frame compared to most in the family. She is now an older sister. As she turns 18, her younger brother turns 10.

The royal carriage swayed back and forth as it hurried down the road. It was a few days travel from the palace to the town of Leingen. A town she hadn't had the pleasure of visiting before. Although from the way people talked about the plethora of flowering trees and lush vegetation, she had always wanted to visit. Carina was well aware of her very precarious situation. This was her chance to be of use to the family. After all, that was her entire purpose, to be of use to the family. She had long stopped listening to Lady Neele go on about the importance of this meeting. The uneasy alliance the two kingdoms had now. As if any more pressure was needed when meeting a stranger and her soon-to-be husband. "Yes, my lady. I will do my best my Lady." Quickly became Her mantra that she repeated as needed to make it seem like she actually cared and listened.

Instead of bothering with Lady Neela, she stared out across the waving field as she wondered what this man would be like. Would he expect her silent and obedient? Was he expecting a trophy to hang on his arm everywhere he went? Gods she hoped not. A few times she rehearsed what she wanted to say to this man. Carina twisted the handkerchief in her lap as she worried the entire trip.

There was only a few minutes to primp and get ready once they arrived. Getting shoved into the lavish gown wasn't sure idea. She didn't even think it would make such a great impression. To her, it made her look stuck up and snobbish. Even if it brought out her blue eyes and the color in her cheeks. Her fingers still worried into the silk layers of the dress as she listened to Alfred speak for the first time. Nothing less then the prince he was supposed to be. Giving a deep curtsy in response. "My name is Carina and the pleasure is all mine, I'm sure."

Teal eyes followed the others as they left. At least they would be alone for a while. Still, the tension in the room was thick enough to cut. At least she managed to keep her voice soft and level as she spoke. After all, a princess should never raise her voice above a whisper. Or at least that was what she had been taught. "Shall we be seated? I can have some tea and scones brought out as we talk." Tea and scones? Have them brought? Carina could have winced at those words. Her nerves were getting the better of her. All she really wanted to do was get back into more relaxed clothing and get out of that place for a bit.

Alfred thought that Carina Olesen was a beautiful lady. It was quite a given fact, considering she was a princess. Even if she was born the ugliest person in the entire world, the royal family would try their best to change it. It concerned the honor of the entire nation, after all.

"Of course. Please be at ease, Princess," the prince sat on the soft, luxurious couch, maintaining a straight back. His eyes remained unwavering as he gave her a faint smile. It was actually his third attempt at engagement. The first two were with noble daughters within their own kingdom, the first daughter of Duke Weshart and the third daughter of Marquis Heuben. They were excellent ladies, unblemished in reputation and perfect in their conducts, and the Princess was not any worse.

However, the attempts went no further than their first meetings. The ladies would quickly call off the engagement through their fathers. Even Leonard was puzzled by the situation. He thought that perhaps his brother didn't take any liking to them, whatever the reason was. The truth was something else entirely though.

"Princess, if we're going to be married in the future, I believe that it would be best if we be honest with each other. I'm not a man who couldn't do what I preach, so I'll start with my own confession."

Alfred's mask broke into pieces. The perfect prince he had portrayed before disappearead into thin air. He leaned back on the couch rather slovenly, his legs crossed without a care in the world. The royal demeanor from before felt like a lie.

"I have memories of my past life."

He said with such a serious face that anyone could tell that he wasn't joking. He really believed it with all his heart.

"In a time so ancient that the records had been lost in the history of this land, I was once a patriarch of a great clan. We called ourselves Ανίκητος Ήλιος, and our reign spread far and wide, across lakes and mountains, our people counting in the tens of thousands. I had come into power in our most glorious time, and my rule had brought us to a new height."

And there it was, the reason why the other ladies ran away from him as far as they could. Because they thought the third prince had a few screws loose. Having ambition to make his kingdom stronger was an admirable goal, but talking about it as if he was reciting a fairy tale... it made them question his sanity.

"I even remember how to do this."

He showed her his palm. A different kind of magical power began to surge out from his soul, gathering at his palm, before forming a thin strand of brilliant needle-like flame. It had a rather similar feeling to a low-grade fire spell, although astute observers might notice the unnatural bright spots pulsing through the strand that was easy to miss at first glance. Performing such spell seemed to put a strain to him, however, as he quickly closed his palm, extinguishing the flame.

That was another reason why the noble houses retreated so easily when their daughters wished to back off. It was well-known that the Wittenberg royal family was heavily attuned to water element after countless generations. The current generation was the purest they had ever been, giving them enormous potential in the future. For the third prince to be able to use fire spell meant that his water affinity would never be able to catch up with his other siblings.

Even with his title as a prince, which powerful family would want to waste their time with someone that could be abandoned by the royal family at any moment? Alfred himself didn't seem concerned about this, which made them think that he was a pushover, dragging his reputation down even further among the noble circle. Marrying someone of lower standing wasn't appropriate for a prince either, so he was stuck being single for twenty-one years.

"But then the Great War happened," Alfred continued.

"The land was thrown into chaos. Everyone was fighting everyone, and even if we were winning the battle, it was clear that nobody could ever win this war. My last days were spent avenging the death of my clans, of my family, but even then there were not enough time to kill, and I can't even remember who was responsible for what any longer. In the end, I died. It's all thanks to that poison bastard!"

He grimaced as he recalled the grudge in his heart.

"I could've survived if not for the poison accumulating in my body! It was a shame that I couldn't kill her, although I did wound her greatly with my Revolving Flame Needles. It doesn't matter anyway. It's my fault for being weak enough to die, that's all there is to it. And that's my story."

Alfred reverted back to his princely persona the moment his words stopped. He went back to straightening his back and placing both feet back on the marble floor. He had told the two ladies this story before, and they were either confused or appalled by his deranged imagination. Maybe both. He expected this princess to be the third to do so, if she was sane enough to do that. At least, if they did end up together, she wouldn't be surprised anymore when her "husband" did strange things, right?

Last edited:
Carina had taken a seat across from the prince. She had heard rumors that he was an odd one. Claims of strange powers. Claims of other lives and all that. Honestly, she didn't think it was all that odd. If they only knew what she knew. Quietly she listened to him. Watched him lean back and sluff off. Though she couldn't bring herself to kick back and take it as easy as him. What if she got caught? OH, that wouldn't be so good. So this was the prince they would have her merry? One that was so two-faced in his actions. Or was he trying to be honest about himself? It was hard to tell. However, his story caused her to pause. She knew this story. It was one she had dreamt of many nights. A world from long ago. There she was a queen with powers unlike anything seen today. There was a battle. A trick. Her people were being killed left and right. And And...

It was hard to keep her expression neutral when he said he was killed by the poison bastard. Clearing her throat, Carina shifted in her seat a few times before letting out a slow breath. Did he really just call her past self a bastard? Wait... killed by. Now her expression was impossible to hide. From the dreams, she only killed the person who was killing her people. Trying to keep them alive. Poison in her dreams was a last resort. Finally, a thin smile spread across her perfectly painted lips. "You sir are a liar and a sham." Each word that she carefully annunciated oozed with venom. There would never be anything between them. Not now, not ever.

"And you have it wrong. That... poison bastard as you so put it didn't attack anyone first. She was only protecting her people when that fire demon started to attack without just cause." Those teal eyes hadn't changed yet they were no longer a simple shade of blue. One would say they were a poisonous color now. Well, they were still teal. But it's just not a pure shade of blue. Her fingers no longer fidgeted with the silks and satins of the dress. Instead, they were balled into fists as she glared at the man across from her. She sat just as regal as she had when they first met. No one outside of them would see her newfound disdain for the man across from her. Her hate was for him and him alone.

Snapping at the prince wasn't something she meant to do. Normally she was more composed than that. However, his words hit a nerve she didn't know existed up until then. How dare he put the blame for his past death on anyone but himself? If he hadn't been so greedy as to try and take her lands. At least she assumed it had been him. With everything burning the way it was, who else could it be?

"Now, dear Alfred. I understand you don't have a choice in this marriage. You've been rejected and you're running out of options." Options would have been nice. She wasn't given an option at all. The family was ready to snag this prize at just about any cost. Besides, now they had Ethen, her younger brother, she was expendable. Only good for bargaining and alliances. "Besides the obviously lazy nature that you hide behind that princely demeanor, what do you bring to the table?" She wanted a sound alliance between the two kingdoms. Although, she knew how well those worked. To secure safety for herself if this arrangement didn't work out. Like that would happen at this point. Crap, what was she going to do?

Alfred was used to this reaction. The girls would look at him with various expressions, none of them good. Confusion. Awkwardness. Maybe a bit of pity. He had expected the princess to do the same, although she might kept it more subdued seeing that the engagement involved the interest of both nations after all. But this one was new. Anger? He was a bit surprised. That was just a silly story from his past, was there a need to be angry? Oh, maybe she was angry that the fiance she got stuck with was a madman like him. Calling him a liar was a bit stretched though. His parents were the one who had arranged this, it wasn't like he deliberately wanted to deceive her.

Her next words, however, struck an entirely different chord in his heart. He finally lost his facades, both the prim-and-proper prince and the carefree prodigal.

"Without cause? WITHOUT CAUSE!?!?" He rushed up to his feet, scorching rage pouring out of his mouth. "My clan was murdered by them! By everyone of them! Nevermind those traitorous Thousand Edges, or those Abyssal Phoenix wenches, at least they let my people die with dignity! But those Earth's Void bastards had poisoned our entire city, turning my people into living zombies, unable to even die like a human. Even the children! This grudge, I will never let it go even if-"

He suddenly paused. Something didn't feel right.

She was talking about the marriage, obviously mocking him for his lack of value as a royalty, but all of it went in one ear and out the other. His fiery anger seemed to be doused in an instant as he gave her a strange look. Slowly, he approached closer to her until he was standing right in her face, casting a shadow over her.

"...How did you know?" He murmured. How did she know that he had attacked Earth's Void in his last moment, burning the entire clan's ground in the process?

Oh god, what had she done? Everything inside said to run. He was going to kill her. But no, she sat there trying not to wince. He quickly became menacing as he loomed over her. His shadow was like a dreadful weight upon her body. Refusing to let her breathe. What was she going to say? A lie? No, that would be the coward's way out of things. Alfred wanted to know how she knew. The tough demeanor she tried to present gave way to a more meek nature. Pulling back from him a hair. Silently she counted to five, trying to settle her nerves. After all, he was a killer. Her killer at that.

"Very well." Carina said without looking up at him. "If you must." Taking a deep breath as she ran her hands down her lovely gown. As if that would make this all better. No amount of money, gowns, or jewels would fix this situation. "I remember things rather differently." Closing her eyes, she allowed those haunting dreams to return in vivid detail. Dreams that would keep her up at night in fear of a death she only remembered but never felt herself.

"I remember Lilme. Or more to the point, that was my name once upon a time. Ruling over the Earth Void clan. Our powers over the flora was magnificent. We even created a life in the forests thanks to those powers." She paused, still not looking at Alfred as she reached for a cup that was set before her. It was hard to make herself reach past the prince. He was truly terrifying now that she for sure knew who he once was. Slowly she sipped the tea, needing a minute to think before she continued on.

" I don't know what caused the war. For the longest time, we tried to stay out of it. Then our homes started to burn. My clan was turning to piles of ash. Sometimes less than ash. We had yet to fight and there we were under attack by someone with the ability to burn us all without thought." Looking up with a chattering cup and saucer in her hands. Her body might fear him but her eyes didn't show an ounce of that fear. Instead, there was all the built-up hate and rage for being drug into a blood war she didn't want anything to do with. For all of those she watched die.

"If I wasn't listening to the screams of those who burnt then I had to listen to the howls of those who started to decay and age for no reason. After that... after..." Tears rolled down her cheeks as she finally looked up at the man before her. Let him try to intimidate her. She wasn't going to let the past repeat itself. He would die before he had a chance to lay a finger on her.

"Creating the poison to protect us from demons was the hard part. Spreading it through the plants was easy." Although, she had never intended for the children to be hurt. Or had she? Watching the kids of her own clan burn had been too painful to bear. Never would she wish that pain on anyone else. How was she to know they would have been poisoned too? No, that was unforgivable of her and she was more than willing to admit it. Just not to him.

"We put a stop to everyone trying to attack us. In the end... as I sent the poison out, I was burnt to death with the last of my clan. Every last one of them." Setting the cup down rather roughly on the table, she rose to her feet. Glaring up at the man who killed her once already. "I'm glad you admitted to what you had done. I was wondering if it would be hard to get a confession. But it seems not."

"...Lilme?"

Alfred trembled. The name rolled off his tongue in a whisper, so faint it was almost impossible to hear. The "poison bastard". The leader of Earth's Void clan. The one most responsible for the demise of his clan. For his own death. His entire body was broiling in anger, a blazing inferno that would swallow everything whole and turn them into ash. It was a chance. A chance to payback his people's sufferings. To finally put their souls to rest.

For one moment, it was no longer Alfred who was standing over her. It was Pharos, the patriarch of the Divine Sun.

And yet, as fast as it came to life, the flame died out with a whimper. Pharos was no more, replaced by Alfred. Alfred the tired, Alfred the whimsical, the prince that nobody had expectation for. He staggered on his feet, his shadow swaying away from Carina as he retreated back to his couch. He crumbled down like a sack of weed, his limp body sprawled on the soft cushion, royal etiquette be damned.

"There's no point," he murmured, perhaps more to himself than to Carina. He had had twenty-one years to think it through. The nightmares assaulting his sleep had once been a source of hatred, an undying resentment that urged him to seek revenge on his killer, on his perceived enemies. Then he learned that an untold amount of time had passed since his clan's demise. Nobody was left, not even his bittermost adversaries. Who should he seek revenge at? For whom, even? The souls of his clansmen would had already reincarnated many times more than himself. Even if he found one of them someway or somehow, would they even recognize him still?

After so long had passed, hatred had turned into pain, then to despair, and finally, apathy.

"I'm... sorry," Alfred slowly stood back up, his eyes still unfocused, but at least he wasn't driven astray by emotions like before. Instead he just looked like a lost child. "I've had a lot of time to think about it. I... I don't know anymore. I don't even know what I don't know about. It's just... I'm sorry."

Pharos had lost a lot, but he knew that Lilme had her fair share of grief as well. Nobody was left unscathed by that terrible war. If they were, the current world wouldn't be like this. He had his own sins to bear, that was a fact that he couldn't change no matter the justification. The best he could give to Carina was a worthless apology-

"...Wait a minute," Alfred suddenly noticed something. Her stories didn't add up. "Something's not right. You... might not believe this, but I've never given any order to attack your clan. We were buying spirit herbs from your people, why would we attack you in the first place?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back