• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dealin' Devil (Interest Check)

Sqwiggle

Toast Thief
'Promises that cannot be kept and bets that cannot be won. Tricky devils thought to be the work of an unlucky soul of One. When the Heavens cast their light, and the demons cast their shade. When fighters fall with misfortune, does the devil dance on their grave.'

That was a phrase engraved into the minds of countless players of the mysterious Hyper Realistic luck based VR game "Spice Dice" In the year of 2025, a VR game was released to the world by the name of Spice Dice, a Luck based action rpg game where players play as themselves and had to live their life within the hyper realistic video game. The goal of the game was to fight creatures known as Nightwalkers and obtain special items called the Eyes of Hades which is said to only have a 8.3% drop rate within the game. The Eyes of Hades are a necessary item needed to beat the game, not only that, but a total of 100 of them must be collected before the players can be released. The origin of the game is unknown, but the creator anonymously known as "Soul" has said that the creation of this game was to observe the minds of people and how they would handle situations. They often leave updates on the course of the game and its players. While the game is rather immersive, the idea of actual pain is a thing in the game, especially when a player is hit. It's so realistically painful, that most players refuse to leave the safety zone. While players cannot die in-game, the pain is enough to make anyone tap out.

Players will start in the city, Gracewall. The game's engine being designed to reflect real life almost to a point. However, there is a leveling system involved to this where players can become stronger, that is, if they can learn to have a tolerance to pain.

You are a player of Spice Dice, trapped in the world with millions of other players. It's up to you whether you wish to go it alone or with a group in order to obtain the 100 Eyes of Hades and free yourself of this literal Hell.

---------

I thought a nice fun game like this would be great to have. ^^ It is kind of open-based, and yes it does have a luck system. For that, I prefer the use of Dice. Simply put, the numbers reach up to 12. I'll explain it a bit later down the line. For now, lets get all the info needed so you understand, alright? ^^

----------

Gracewall

The starting city of Spice Dice where players begin their journey. They are brought around to a large town square with a huge quartz fountain. That fountain signaling that it is the spawn point of all players if they are to be defeated in battle. Known for having shops of various kinds around the small city, it is also home to the Guild Tower, a giant building used to house different guilds. (If a person is in a guild that is) While the city itself is a safe zone, areas outside that zone are filled with hostile creatures known as Nightwalkers and rogue players and guilds that seek the thrill of killing other players. To get from one city to the next, players can obtain access to the Underground Subway, or they can go by foot or by personal vehicle/mount.

Currency
The Currency within the game are called Cubes. Just like within any standard video game where the currency tends to be 100 gold, in this game is would be called 100 Cubes. Small, blue six sided cubes with a single spot on each side. Used to buy food, weapons, supplies, housing, guild payment, transportation, etc.

Dice
The way the dice work in this game is through drops. Two dice are rolled, ranging from 1-12 with 1-6 being the lowest chance and 7-12 being the highest chance. This is for drops that can be used as supplies for weapons or to be sold to shops for Cubes. If a low number is rolled, it has a chance of dropping low graded items. Where if a high number is rolled, then the chance of better items are dropped. If a high number is rolled, the player has a chance to roll a single die. That die ranges from 1-6 with 1-3 being NO and 4-6 being YES for the drop of the Eyes of Hades. If a Guild is involved, the player with the highest dice roll claims the Eye.

Example:

Sam rolls a 3 for the low chance of low grade items compared to Alex who rolled a 7 and got a higher grade item.
If Sam and Alex both rolled a single die each ranging from 1-6, and Sam rolled a higher number than Alex, then he gets the Eye of Hades.

I prefer the use of https://www.random.org/dice/ for the dice rolling.

Eyes of Hades
A extremely rare drop from Nightwalkers that is said to have a drop rate of 8.3% Along with the idea that a total of 100 must be collected before players can leave the game. The way in which it is decided if it drops is through the Luck of Dice.

Nightwalkers
Creatures said to look like a tall, thin, grim humanoid figure. The height of a Nightwalker is about 7 to 8 feet tall. They have a very very small chance of dropping the rare item, Eye of Hades. They are said to have thin long arms, fingers that reach 6 inches in length. Pointed ears similar to that of a elf or demon, black, soulless eyes. They are also referred to as 'Shadow People' They are known for being quite strong despite their thin frame. They are said to be unpredictable. Known for being able to scale walls and hide in darkness, they are a very scary and dangerous creature. Banished souls that were sent to Hell for the most vicious of sins.

----------

Hopefully this idea works out the way I had imagined it and its not a total train wreck.
CS: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/dealin-devil-character-sheets.351366/
OOC: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/dealin-devil-ooc.351368/

Last edited:
Are Nightstalkers the only enemy that you can face? Where do you get Cubes? Does everybody fight with guns or medieval weaponry like swords and bows?

Are Nightstalkers the only enemy that you can face? Where do you get Cubes? Does everybody fight with guns or medieval weaponry like swords and bows?
They aren't the only enemy, but they are the most important. Cubes can be obtained by selling drops from enemies. The game is based around modern life, so just about anything can be a weapon if your character can obtain it.

This looks like it could be a lot of fun. Since the game is in a modern, realistic setting, I'm assuming that fantastical races and magic are not a thing here, yes?

That fantastical creatures and magic aren't a thing here? For a fantasy setting... yeah, kinda. :p But I avoid the fantastical, so this is right up my alley.
I mean, it kind of is.. As far as the Nightwalkers go. It's weirdly a mix of modern/realism with a pinch of fantasy, the fantasy being the nightwalkers.

I mean, it kind of is.. As far as the Nightwalkers go. It's weirdly a mix of modern/realism with a pinch of fantasy, the fantasy being the nightwalkers.
That's the assumption that night walkers are biological or of magical origin. You haven't said anything that could be nessecarily against the idea that they could be robots or aliens or even just humans wearing costumes (we don't even know what they look like)

Haha, I now realize I've been calling them "Nightstalkers" instead of "Nightwalkers".

We do know what they look like, though. Seven to eight feet tall, thin, elongated arms and fingers, and they're strong despite being so thin.

Haha, I now realize I've been calling them "Nightstalkers" instead of "Nightwalkers".

We do know what they look like, though. Seven to eight feet tall, thin, elongated arms and fingers, and they're strong despite being so thin.
Well I geuss we do but that still dosnt discount my above theories (except the human one although given that this likely runs on game logic it could be true)

Also understand that this idea was made while I was half asleep.. So I am trying my best to fill in any gaps that I may have missed throughout my wonderful night journey of rp story creation.. xD

Haha, whenever I get an idea I think on it for a very long time and expand upon it before I put it to paper. It helps me distinguish between something that could be good or something that's going to fail because it's intrinsically flawed.

Yeah, I do that too. Don't know why my brain decided this was a good idea. xD I would have taken it down to fix it and stuff but people already saw it.. xD Just gotta fill in the gaps and hope nobody notices.. (Except they do, so.. fail already)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back