• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
"We, the only defense against the arcane, to dedicate ourselves to the protection of the mundane public. With my new life I will protect and serve. I will keep the public safe against the forces the public is incapable of fighting against . We are the shadow, we are the light, we are the Deadman S.W.A.T."

It was discovered in 1784. The 'Deadman Phenomenon' was the rare occurrence where one who has died, usually in a very tragic or violent way, reanimates and roams the world with powers and abilities of the supernatural and arcane. They ran wild. Their powers made them impossible to contain or stop. Thousands died as these animated corpses, now call Deadmen, remembered only the pain, sorrow and anger of their death. Their fury was insatiable. However, even in the rare event of a Deadman Phenomenon, there is an even more rare occurrence called the 'Clean Mind Start'. These are the even more rare beings that are Deadmen, but they are completely unaware of their past life, any pain or even anger over the terrible circumstances of their death.

As it turned out, the clear minded Deadmen were the perfect solution to the other Deadmen. Since they still had the supernatural or arcane abilities that others of their kind had. The few clear minded Deadmen that existed made quick work of the others. Normal Deadmen were animals, driven by rage, pain and terror. No more than rabid beasts. the clear minded undead were able to think, prepare and fight strategically. So, governments around the world created Deadmen defense forces to combat the Deadmen who do show up. America specifically takes pride in their well funded Deadman S.W.A.T Team, widely considered the best of these Deadman defense forces. Of course, it was a shame that these incredible beings were only deployed in emergency cases. So, governments created the 'Afterlife Athlete Organization'. This is an organization the takes these Deadman forces and also makes them much like a professional sports team. It is a mix of combat, marksman and strategy based sports. Thanks to this and the amazing publicity given to them, these Deadmen are more treated like commodity's rather than people living a life they were forced into.

Our story is of the American Deadman S.W.A.T team. Living in paid housing, on private land in the middle of the Midwest. They train and try their best to live normal lives despite the situation they find themselves in. Competing in events and saving the average public from the normal Deadmen.

Rules of This Roleplay:
-Respect others and their choices
-Follow all RPN rules and guidelines
-If there is a disagreement, talk with me rather than just fighting among each other
-This is a darker modern fantasy. All powers must be cleared by me, but I can pretty much guarantee that most abilities are allowed so long as they fit the theme
-No drama at all. I will kick you from this if you make too many waves
-Be active with the group. If you cannot post that is fine, but at least take the time to tell us you will be gone or participate in plot conversations
-I understand life happens, just let me know. That is all I ask
-This is a story for fun to see what the lives of these spectacular individuals. Just have fun​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back