• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy dead

The Dark Creator

Not fun at parties
A town known as Dark Salem is home to many monsters. They do their best to live peacefully, but many live in poverty and abuse. One day, a human comes home, drunken after a party, and begins beating the monster that works as a Maid in their home. As the monster describes "I only hear a click, and see a tall man in a big black hat and coat, with a gun to my boss's head." There's been murders almost identical to this one all over town... Back before this town existed, monsters were aggressive and always hunted down humans. The dark hunters were humanity's protection against the monsters. They all died, excluding one. Hunter Edwin was last seen killing Dracula, a tyrannical vampire that originally owned the town. His signature rapier was found next to the vampire's ashes... There was no body or extra pile of ashes, so most of the people within the town believe that the murderer is Edwin, as the murderer is wearing Hunter Attire. The mystery grows as more and more so called murders happen around the town.

The rp will mainly be about unraveling the mystery towards this killer, but will certainly have room for sub plots. The main groups are

Monsters: Low to middle class, these are the most common characters within the town. Ranging from typical vampires and ghouls to unique, but terrifying tree men and other monsters

Humans: Normal humans that are most often corrupt with power and greed. Mid and high class.
I'll take questions if people have any.

Possible interest here, just a few questions to ask first. It looks like the setting has monsters living alongside humans, are there any specific types of “civilized” monsters that would fit well into society or is it just any monster can become civilized? Sorry if that comes across as a little vague, I guess I’m just trying to decide if there are any monsters that can or can’t be played because they’re too monstrous. I doubt the regular citizens would accept flesh-eating fiends and horrific eldritch creatures if they had the choice XD I have a few character ideas in mind, so I have options if one or two don’t work out :3 Also, is there a set time period/place for this story, like is it a Victorian Fantasy or a Gothic Horror in a real-world location, or is it entirely fantastical in a totally different world?

Last edited:
Stickdom Stickdom All can be civilized. The reason for human's behavior is because they don't really accept any of the monsters. Also... i don't really know how to describe it. Usually i can, but for some reason i don't know the word. I guess how people describe bloodborne... kinda describe this as well... Probably doesn't help you at all. Maybe it's because of my jolly mood today

Stickdom Stickdom All can be civilized. The reason for human's behavior is because they don't really accept any of the monsters. Also... i don't really know how to describe it. Usually i can, but for some reason i don't know the word. I guess how people describe bloodborne... kinda describe this as well... Probably doesn't help you at all. Maybe it's because of my jolly mood today

Well, Bloodborne is very specifically a Gothic Horror setting, so I’m totally in for that :3

I’m not sure if you’ve gotten more human or monster applicants, but I have a (I think) pretty solid human character in mind, so things should be interesting if we can get some more players involved. Keep me posted, I’m open to discussing character ideas and story arc plots, so just let me know :D

Some interest here. I have never played Bloodborne, but if you lay out some guidelines for a character, I should be able to work with lore.

This sounds really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back