• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dead Planet [Mothership] (CLOSED)

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
moonmap.pngDead Planet
Alarm klaxons. Flashing red lights. Readouts on the bridge indicate damage to the hyperdrive. Most of the ship, the Science Vessel Pioneer, is intact. The stench of blood is overpowering. One, two, three bodies. Crew who weren't so lucky. Switching to external view on the main screen, a graveyard of wrecked ships and parts orbit a dark planet with a single red moon.

This is unmarked territory in space. Will you survive?

245017.jpgMothership
Mothership is a sci-fi horror roleplaying game where you and your crew try to survive in the most inhospitable environment in the universe: outer space! You'll excavate dangerous derelict spacecraft, explore strange unknown worlds, exterminate hostile alien life, and examine the horrors that encroach upon your every move.

Mothership is an OSR-style game. That means:
  • It's deadly. A wrong roll can kill your PC.
  • Rules-light. The character sheet walks you through making a character. Rolls and combat are simple.
  • Modular. We can make rulings to cover anything you want to try doing with your PC.
  • Difficult. Similar to above, it may take cunning to keep safe.
There is no nice way to say it: your character will probably die. But, maybe they won't. Maybe the dice will be on your side and you can ferry them to safety. Just don't be surprised if your character is killed or worse. This game does not pull punches. That said, in true OSR-style, it's more about what you come up with as a player in-game than what's on your sheet. Perhaps you're clever enough to keep you PC alive.

Players who's PC dies will roll up a new character and we will insert them into the game.

Game Information

Last edited:
That sucks. I'd be interested. Would it work with 3 of us?
That's a really good question. Let look at the module. My gut tells me "no" as it's pretty serious in terms of putting the PCs through hell. And I THINK they designed it with a certain number of PCs in mind.

I might be able to adapt it. I'll get right back to you guys...

Pretty much, I'm willing to give it a shot with one other player. So, if we get a bite for someone who is committed, we can get this thing started.

So I'm super interested but I'm not even gonna lie; I've never played a dice type rp before. I've been listening to dnd podcasts for a while, but that's about the extent of it.

If you wanna work with a complete beginner, I'm down to learn and try to add something. If not, especially since it looks like I'd be only one of two players, I totally get it

So I'm super interested but I'm not even gonna lie; I've never played a dice type rp before. I've been listening to dnd podcasts for a while, but that's about the extent of it.

If you wanna work with a complete beginner, I'm down to learn and try to add something. If not, especially since it looks like I'd be only one of two players, I totally get it
Absolutely open to teaching you or working with you. My ONLY concern is making sure to set the expectations (and this is for you, too, DipDapTheSlap DipDapTheSlap ):

In no uncertain terms: Mothership is OSR-adjacent. All that really means is that Mothership is brutal to the characters and pulls no punches. So, there's a high chance the characters will die. In which case—again very old-school—we roll up new characters for you.

But, it's meant to evoke sci-fi horror. So, it's not usually going to be a happy ending. For me, I love the genre, so I'm into it. If you're good with that, then I think we can make this thing happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back