• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

IceCave

Lucky Member

dead-island-7872-2560x1600.jpg

18+ trigger warning
inspo 1 | inspo 2

You wake up in a luxurious hotel room with a massive headache. The memories of the previous night are vague. Did you party too hard? Did someone spike your last drink? You hear a distant scream, a cry for help. But it's impossible to phantom which room and level it is coming from. Something is very wrong, you have to leave.

The hallway is murky, lit by the dimmed emergency lights. There's a generic, female voice filtering through the speakers on the loop …please leave your apartment immediately… A tall cart with luggage blocks the view of the elevator lobby, you have to step around the bags left abandoned on the carpet. …for safety reasons all elevators are offline… Dark smudges on the decorative wallpaper lead you toward the blood in the lobbyplease remain calm and follow the instructions of the hotel personnel… When you finally reach it you can see a body in the middle, personal items and countless signs of struggle scattered all over the floor.

The dead man lays in a pool of blood and despite the fatal dent in his skull you recognize it's the same person that delivered the bags to your room upon your arrival. Now his bulging eyes are still and wide open. His uniform is dirty, pants torn, leg too. It looks like he was attacked by a rabid animal. Animal on the seventh floor?

And as if the shock and confusion wasn't enough, you can hear inhuman snarling coming from one of the corridors behind you. Amplifying with the banging footsteps.

Someone is running toward the lobby.

Hello hello, I hope you enjoyed this snippet and that you're interested in this video game inspired idea. Your character is on a tropical island and they can start in any way you like, not necessarily as a hotel guest suffering from a hangover. They could be a seasonal worker at the recreation center, a celebrity living in one of the overwater bungalows, a local tribes-person living in the village and working at the tourist resort, a parent who was on vacation with their family, go wild.

It's time for bloody summer vibes.

If you're a fan of Dead Island, or the zombie trope as a whole, this might be something for you. Or if you just stumbled upon this thread and want to watch your character fight for survival surrounded by gorgeous views and a group of strangers, come on in!

Of course lulls in activity happen but this will be a fast-paced roleplay! Semi-lit paragraph or so every day or every few days. If you're more of a once a week novella poster this probably won't cater to your needs.

Please watch out for mistakes! Of course typos happen, but constant grammar errors break immersion for everybody who's reading.

You can use descriptions or realistic FCs. Art references have to be accepted by me, but please no anime.

Please be 18+ and I guess this is the trigger warning for sensitive roleplayers: there's going to be gore, betrayal, realism, death, and mature topics. All within RPN rules.

Complex, flawed characters of every gender, ethnicity, sexuality, background, etc are welcome. Just make sure they are over 21 years old and that there's some diversity.

If you're interested share your character idea below or message me privately.

Let me know if you have questions!

Really rad, idea was for an investigative journalists first real job being to document the seedy night life of the rich and powerful only to end up getting waaaaay over his head

Alternatively bodyguard who had to put a bullet in his former clients head after he got a bit too bity

Heyo, I sent a message with further instructions to everyone who pitched their character idea to me here or through PMs.

Anyone else who is still interested or just stumbled upon this thread, please let me know what kind of character you would like to roleplay as, then I will send that same message to you as well.

i am looking respectfully

This is still open for your ideas until the end of the week! Accepted people will soon start posting their introductory posts (which might be long compared to the average posts) in the IC:

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃 | IC

Share your idea if you want to watch your character team up with complete strangers from all walks of life in this bloody paradise on Banoi island.

Was thinking of creating a 40-year old recently divorced woman with a foul temper and a big heart. Someone sharp-tongued, grumpy, but inwardly passionate, although rough-hewn and skeptical.

18+ trigger warning

Thank you for showing interest everyone, it's time to start this bloody vacation!​

Hello again 👋

The thread is tidied up and open for 1-2 new characters!

If you're interested please PM your character idea and let me know if you have questions.

Neat! I love Dead Island so much, I've played through it multiple times. I'll be watching your guys' adventure for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back