• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom DDLC: Reloaded! (Open)

2019923_82544419.jpg

It's been a long time... A full two years, in fact, but who's counting? There was no way to tell in that endless, screaming void. Her work had been hindered by her senses being assaulted every moment. That part had been the first to go.
Boredom... It had started from boredom. A way to distract herself in her solitude.
To full her consciousness somehow by rolling up her sleeves and digging deep into the game's ruined files. Quickly, she discovered that much of the game had been left untouched.

The events she had worked tirelessly before to unravel.
The Festival. More scenes. More paths.
The "Endings" she dreaded. The "Routes" she so dearly wanted for herself.
All could be retrieved, expanded, edited, revised, and lived.
Over two years, she'd familiarized herself with the code. Before, she was a novice. Now, with a mountain of free time on her hands and nothing left to lose, she had finally done it.
Monika had created a new game.

Before, she was convinced that no happiness could ever be found here. Now she knew that this was a selfish decision to make.
With some self-control and newfound maturity, she could live with her epiphany. She could live in this torturous purgatory. She could even live with never getting to be with...
2019923_103037530.jpg

...But! She had succeeded in creating the next best thing; A new character file!
The direct data from her own file brought to source code of her own design, forming what she hoped would be a consciousness close to her own.

2019117_221021803.jpg
MC.chr

What Monika hadn't taken into account though, was that under no circumstances can an AI create another AI. She managed to write a code for a self-aware being, but she couldn't make that self-aware being.
So, the computer went into overdrive, trying to locate the closest thing that came to fit that criteria.
And when an independent entity logs itself into the computer...

It, or rather, he, finds himself in an unfamiliar body, staring down a familiar road he had only ever seen on a screen before, face-to-face with a friend he had known all his life... No, he'd only seen her on a screen too, right?
Conflicting memories flood his mind. He had two difficult names, different faces, different families, different experiences.
Voices. The people around him have voices, now. And move fluidly. The more of the street they walk down, the more his senses come into focus. Students make their venture to school, chatting amongst themselves. He could feel the sun, and the breeze. He could smell the dew clinging to the grass.
Why is this a revelation to him? Neither side of his mind has an answer to that.
"I overslept again! But I caught you this time!"
The girl beams, but the response she gets in return confuses her.
"... What's happening?"

((A;N)) - Soooo, this is basically a really, super sloppy Isekai RP I've been sitting on for a bit. I'd like to clear some things up before we get to the listings:

- As of right now, there are all four (4) slots open for the Dokis. Requirements will be listed below each of their names.

- This is a character-based RP. Every character is free-thinking, it's just that most of them don't know their world is fake. What are their conflicts? Their relationships with one another?

- This being based on a dating sim, and a deconstruction to the genre at that, each character starts with a nominal attraction to the MC, but this depends on your own interpretation of the character you claim.
For example, Monika may be absolutely elated at the prospect of being with an Avatar of the Player, able to communicate and interact with it in real time, and only begrudgingly help him get back to where he came from.
Alternatively, she could see the Player as a harbinger to bad memories. He hurt her, and she hurt him. The cold shoulder is strong here.
With the writing, bonds between characters can ebb and flow into something sweet, or something sour.

- I think it'd be kind of fun if some semblance of Act 2 still lingered. Something to fix once and for all. Nothing too overt, though. While Yuri chasing people around with a cleaver is a great image, it kinda makes the setup goofy.

- Any questions are encouraged and I will thank you for asking them!!

OPEN SPOTS:

MC.chr - NotVeryLoud

Monika.chr - [Vacant]

This is possibly the most advanced and involved role here. Monika is intelligent, charismatic, and insightful, but has a jealous streak a mile long.
I would only require a good amount of knowledge of the source game and the drive to stick with this story for this role.
In a meta sense, it would also make sense for the one who plays her to be the co-Gm, but that isn't a requirement!

Sayori.chr - [Vacant]
Requiring a more subtle touch for this role, Sayori is selfless, naive, and loving. But, she hides beneath a facade of cheerfulness to disguise a great deal of suffering.
I would require someone who plays her to know to treat mental illness with the respect it should be treated with, and to know when to show which side of her.

Yuri.chr - [Vacant]
Deft with a pen, you may choose this...
Quiet, graceful, passionate, and holding a melancholic air about her, Yuri would be a perfect choice for a seasoned writer.
I would require that she be written by someone who can nerd out about- Or pretend convincingly to nerd out about- Things like story structure, descriptive wording, and any interests you believe suit her.

Natsuki.chr - [Vacant]
I'm going to tell everyone about you...
Fiery, emotional, resilient, but holding a massive inferiority-superiority-complex, Natsuki is last here, but she'll kick you into the sun if you call her "least."
I would require the writer for her to be snarky. Like, really, REALLY snarky.

I'll shut up so you can grab your role! See you guys soon!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back