• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern DC’S TITANS - a comic book roleplay, ooc

I mean recolors are something i can do in a few minutes depending on the photo. But as for the out-there ones, those can be toned down for TV to make them easier.

Still finalizing details but have a sheet up for review, if anyone has suggestions, corrections, "Don't do x", etc.

Minor thing, but are those tattoos from her image not there In Character? Just something i noticed.

Anyone have any input on the WIP so far?
I didn't make as much progress as I wanted to. Went home sick from work today.

Minor thing, but are those tattoos from her image not there In Character? Just something i noticed.
I'm on the fence personally. I went with this set of pictures because it nails 'This is what Starfire looks like in real life' to me. The tattoos are either to be ignored since the model presumably has them or I run with it as something decorative that Kory decided to do, perhaps as a way of 'fitting in' with people on Earth. The latter feels pretty plausible, particularly with the more realistic, less comic-booky approach this RP is taking.

Anyone have any input on the WIP so far?
I didn't make as much progress as I wanted to. Went home sick from work today.
Sorry to hear you were (hopefully aren't still) sick!

I like your Roy. Even more realistic comic movies rarely have protagonists who move on from the last story and actually live a normal life afterwards. Avengers: Endgame for example had that 5 year time jump but Thor was the only one who stopped being peak (because of depression that went way past sub-peak). A guy trying to make a living and care for a kid sounds awesome and I'm glad someone's doing it.

How did the addiction thing come about? How did he get past it? Is he past it?

So like temp tattoos? I mean could fit. I thought id check either way since while i was thinking they were not a thing due to not being mentioned thought was still no harm in asking

No worries, thanks for asking. :)

Not inclined for them to be temp, either way. Either she has them permanently (subject to laser removal I suppose) or she doesn't.

I have a feeling I'll figure out which side of the fence to land after/if (A) she gets accepted and (B) Dick Grayson's player and I chat about how their relationship went down in this setting.

Yeah Dick is kinda important for Starfire, and also Batgirl given there was the whole thing between the two of them as well in the comics that had some drama to it. I think the deadline for characters was soon but think we are still missing a few cs's? (Unless RPN didnt update)

Sorry to hear you were (hopefully aren't still) sick!

How did the addiction thing come about? How did he get past it? Is he past it?
Thanks for the kind words! It turned out to just be a migraine.

Speedy getting hooked on drugs happened back in Green Lantern/Green Arrow #85-86 in 1971. "Snowbirds don't Fly". It's a really important comic for DC, with the story and that run in general covering more socially concious themes.
By the end of the story, he quits cold turkey.
He relapses sometimes but those stories are never as good.

So we have potentially....Dick Grayson (Robin),, Cassandra Cain (Black Bat), Tara Markov (Terra),, Roy Harper (Red Arrow), Koriand'r (Starfire).
There was talk about Raven and Superboy but not sure whats happening there, same with the others like Batgirl, Donna Troy etc

So we have potentially....Dick Grayson (Robin),, Cassandra Cain (Black Bat), Tara Markov (Terra),, Roy Harper (Red Arrow), Koriand'r (Starfire).
There was talk about Raven and Superboy but not sure whats happening there, same with the others like Batgirl, Donna Troy etc
I'll get a Superboy CS tomorrow. Roadmap on that one is clearer than with Roy.

Yeah Dick is kinda important for Starfire, and also Batgirl given there was the whole thing between the two of them as well in the comics that had some drama to it. I think the deadline for characters was soon but think we are still missing a few cs's? (Unless RPN didnt update)
I had a hilariously frustrating experience trying to google for Starfire/Batgirl interactions that weren't love triangle angles. -Nightwing -Robin -Grayson and still! As near as I can tell, they've had virtually no interaction except in connection with their mutual boyfriend. Mildly frustrating but about what I expected for a character more than a decade or two old.

I've toyed with the notion of making this Kory less "I love Grayson!", especially since Google tells me their original relationship(s) had the feelings stronger on his side than hers. Or maybe it was that monogamy was a lot more important to him, where for a Tamaranean they're supposedly pretty open about such things. It's a little weird to me that she's supposedly culturally polyamorous but in practice is a serial monogamist (and evidently straight) but, again, not surprising for a character whose origins are more than a decade or two ago.

I'd love to do some relationship building with everyone else too, as my reading of Kory is that she's a very extroverted people-person and her teammates are super important to her.

Thanks for the kind words! It turned out to just be a migraine.

Speedy getting hooked on drugs happened back in Green Lantern/Green Arrow #85-86 in 1971. "Snowbirds don't Fly". It's a really important comic for DC, with the story and that run in general covering more socially concious themes.
By the end of the story, he quits cold turkey.
He relapses sometimes but those stories are never as good.
Huh! I had no idea. Either way, it's an effective take on the character and I think it'll be neat to see here.
Interesting approach to Terra, by the way. Do you see the assassin angle as a continuing presence in her life or backstory?

Kinda of playing into her world view though she is not part of the league anymore after being betrayed, kinda understands it more so while reluctant will be able to kill if needed. Probably plays more into her empathy/trust/attachment issues. Then again she was likely not the type used in stealth assassinations and more as a resource to draw on in an emergency given her powers, that and of course infiltrating.

Her connection with Deathstroke/Slade is probably the bigger impact since while i left it vague she had.....quite the connection with him in her original comic run.

In regards to the Batgirl/Starfire thing....I mean its entirely up to you since the comics are not the cannon we are going from i dont think, more a source of inspiration. I know there was Starfire having a relationship with a few characters over the years, Roy and Jason Todd included...but all i can recall about the Batgirl/Starfire interactions is her coming to the door to confess her love to Dick, and Starfire instead answers the door without pants and in Dicks jacket causing her to instead run away crying.

Kinda of playing into her world view though she is not part of the league anymore after being betrayed, kinda understands it more so while reluctant will be able to kill if needed. Probably plays more into her empathy/trust/attachment issues. Then again she was likely not the type used in stealth assassinations and more as a resource to draw on in an emergency given her powers, that and of course infiltrating.

Her connection with Deathstroke/Slade is probably the bigger impact since while i left it vague she had.....quite the connection with him in her original comic run.

In regards to the Batgirl/Starfire thing....I mean its entirely up to you since the comics are not the cannon we are going from i dont think, more a source of inspiration. I know there was Starfire having a relationship with a few characters over the years, Roy and Jason Todd included...but all i can recall about the Batgirl/Starfire interactions is her coming to the door to confess her love to Dick, and Starfire instead answers the door without pants and in Dicks jacket causing her to instead run away crying.
Looking forward to seeing how Terra is in play then. :) I found Deathstroke to be a compelling character in arrow, be interesting to see if/how he turns up here.

Appreciate the notes on Starfire's past relationships. I suppose it depends on if/how much of a break she and Dick had in a relationship, at any point. Also depends on if Dick's player wants a Dick/Starfire romance or a Dick/Batgirl romance come to think of it. I'd gone in with the former as the default but I can roll with it if it's not to our showrunner's taste.

Yikes on the Batgirl/Starfire awkward scene you just described. That sounds horrific, and maybe that's why I can't seem to find anything on how the two women interacted or related to each other. Again, both are old enough characters that the male gaze was predominant and thus maybe the two never actually talked because they only showed up in a comic with Dick as a main character. Ah well.

Now I want to see someone do a Batgirl pitch.

1957426-door.pngCan't find full page, but I recall next panel had Babs run off crying, nightwing asking who was at the door and starfire answering "wrong number"

Batgirls don't often interact with Titans characters that aren't also part of the bat family sadly. Serious this is the best interaction I could find of a batgirl and a wonder girl. Wonder Girl II Cassie and Batgirl III Stephanie as Spoiler.

1634333416120.png

I've finished my CS on Cass
If anybody sees anything glaringly wrong with the backstory and personality please let me know, I'd really appreciate it- haven't read nearly enough comics, so adapting the backstory was quite a lot of guesswork

Batgirls don't often interact with Titans characters that aren't also part of the bat family sadly. Serious this is the best interaction I could find of a batgirl and a wonder girl. Wonder Girl II Cassie and Batgirl III Stephanie as Spoiler.

View attachment 922434
Why do people sleep on Steph? Is it lack of external media exposure?

I prefered her as Spoiler interacting with Cassandra as Batgirl, though she had some fun interactions with Damien as well. I do think she has had the best looking batsuit however with the purple accents.
1634336252366.png
To this day Damien is the Robin i always find synonymous with the descriptor "Little Shit"

Steph is awesome!!! Her young justice and batwoman appearances weren't much but at least it was a start (better than Birds of Prey Cassandra at least, that kid was nothing like Cassandra).

Cass and Steph interactions are great and I'm really looking forward to the new Batgirls comic staring Cass and Steph as the leads with Babs as their support.

1634336989814.png

I think Speedy is finished? Might tweak the equipment section but I got most of what I wanted in there.

I've finished my CS on Cass
If anybody sees anything glaringly wrong with the backstory and personality please let me know, I'd really appreciate it- haven't read nearly enough comics, so adapting the backstory was quite a lot of guesswork
one thing I noticed is your cass is not afraid to kill. Comic Cass has a very strict no kill rule from the trauma she received seeing a person die at her hands as a young child with her body language reading ability. Her body language reading ability allowing her to predict opponent movements is her greatest strength, but also something that causes her problems.

1634350786859.png

Today was deadline. But maybe be end of the day for cut off etc

Very torn. Need more applicants yall. I will leave applications open until wednesday.

Tagging recruits,
sublimed sublimed
calypso calypso
a z u l a a z u l a
EddieTeddie EddieTeddie
Midrick Midrick
erzulie erzulie

Superboy is super needed right now. Somebody like Wally, Batgirl, Koriand’r are key.

To open the rp to future magical endeavours, a Rachel Roth would be amazing.

So far my vision is half-baked and I’ll let you all know that I won’t waste any body’s time if I don’t believe I can GM for the applied cast.

I will notify accepted characters this weekend but the rp will be discontinued if by wednesday, I am not fully convinced. Apologies in advanced though I hope that won’t be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back