• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DCNU: Neo Universe

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
(Alright, this post was a long time coming. Sorry guys, life and stuff.)

Batman
Underground Railway, Metropolis Outskirts

The roof began to shake violently as the green, neon drill pushed it' way through. To say that this was unexpected would be the understatement of the century. This place was already unstable, meaning that whoever was responsible for this was either ignorant to that fact, or didn't care. Heeding Robin's warning, Batman dove for cover as large chunks of rubble come crashing down around them, acting as a temporary barrier between them and the aliens. Glancing upwards at the crudely introduced hole, Bruce's nightvision got a good look at the green lantern. Freeze was not kidding when he said he looked like the devil.

Regardless, looks meant very little to the Dark Knight; intent is what mattered in these situations. Judging by the lantern's speech, he was no friend of these creatures. Bruce opted to observe the situation quietly until things progressed, they were standing on thin ice as the saying goes. Grunting angrily, Bruce gets back to his feet, looking over to make sure Robin had not been crushed. The fallen rocks had now obscured their vision on the confrontation, the duo needed to find a way around. Batman was not going to sit back and let some hothead ruin this investigation.

Bruce's radio produced nothing but static, as they were still too far underground. Zatara's message would go unheard from the Dark Knight.

Luckily for the magician, Bruce was not the only person listening in. Alfred had been listening to all incoming transmissions. Utilizing a voice scrambler to make his voice unrecognizable, the elderly butler responded.

"I am terribly sorry, but Batman is currently busy. You may refer to me as his informant. Is there anything I can do to assist you?"

The larger, more humanoid Qyt steps forward with a confident grin, looking up at Sinestro. He clearly was not intimidated by the Green Lantern. The rest of the Qyt reacted swiftly, dodging the rouble and aiming their weapons up at Sinestro. A brief automated ring scan would inform Sinestro a bit on these weapons. They were definitely not Earth technology, and warranted caution. Being projectile and energy based in nature, sustained fire from multiple combatants could overpower even a lantern ring.

"Ah, a Green Lantern. I suspected the Guardians would send another of their lapdogs after us. No matter, we have done battle with your kind before." He gestured to his Qyt followers casually.

"I believe that we have collected enough samples. Kill the Green Lantern, as well as the humans from earlier. Nodody can know that we were here." He orders, before turning his back and walking through another portal. The moment that the portal closes up, the Qyt open fire on Sinestro, a hail of powerful energy blasts converge onto him.

S.T.A.R. Labs
Metropolis

Milton Wallace was not having a very good day as director of STAR Metropolis. For being one of the most secure buildings on the planet, their security was completely and utterly useless against any rube in a halloween costume, it seemed. Supergirl was definitely not going to be on the christmas card list after this little fiasco, that was for certain. Groaning as Supergirl asked Victor about their city wide defenses, he quickly interjected.

"We have defenses in place, that is all you need to know. You've already made a mockery of this facility, and I am not going to authorize releasing classified information simply because you asked me to. When the time comes, STAR will do it's part." He grumbles, clearly at his breaking point.

Meanwhile at the front desk, a middle aged woman greeted Captain Marvel and the STAR employee. She looked up at Marvel with the slightest bit of shock.

"Oh, another one of you? STAR Labs appears to be quite the popular destination for you super hero types today." She smiles, before glancing over to the crudely repaired door.

"T...Thank you for fixing our door. I swear that Mr. Wallace would have a breakdown if any more of his stuff gets torn to pieces. Anyways, is there anything I can do to help you?" She asks with a smile.

MoonLegend101 MoonLegend101 State of Bedlam State of Bedlam Karcen Karcen Error 420 Error 420 NecroKnight NecroKnight

Captain Marvel politely replies with a charming smile, "Well ma'am, I'm here to talk to a woman in Blue with a big S on her chest. About 6 foot, blonde hair? Big red cape?"

Zatana replies to the strangers in front of him, disregarding Batman's "informant" for now. "How about instead of all that, you two let me go. Xanadu taught me many things, and one of these was to never mess with the Presence." He pulled a top hat from his jacket, dropped his casual clothes into it, and began walking to the door past the Stranger. "I bid you gentlemen adieu." As he walked, he brought the transmitter to his ear to begin talking to the informant. "Tell Batman it's definitely aliens, demons, or both."

Supergirl
STAR Labs

Claire turned to the head scientist she too was annoyed though likely for different reasons, she had and did see this whole situation as an emergency so she didn't in her mind have time to wait around and filling out forms in triplicate. Still she did see the annoyance of the scientist after all she had made his efforts seem a joke and Sinestro had been a jerk about things. The first step would be to apologize she had been in the wrong after all but right now secrecy would not help.

" Ok i get your annoyed, i am annoyed too, but being secretive won't help us defend our world" She started picking her words to make sure she included STAR in the defense " I was in a rush with the situation, but here is the thing, I came here because I think you are the best" She explained and she had the world world she could have visited " So all i am asking is if you have cannons or something, I don't want to break them because i don't see them coming when they might be our best chance at stopping the coming invasion" She finished trying to calm the guy down by repairing his ego some.

thatoneguy911 thatoneguy911

Captain Marvel walked into the lab at STARlabs, seeing Mr. Zero, Supergirl, and the Blue Beetle. He waited near the door so he wouldn't interrupt anything, and he tried to be as inconspicuous as a 7-foot tall man in a red onsie could be. With his new, closer look on Supergirl, he was almost sure it was Claire, but it seemed like she was in the middle of an important conversation, so he just stood in waiting for an opportunity to talk, twiddling his thumbs.

Mr. Zero, Metropolis, Star Labs

"I think the Head Researcher already said it is Classified. As under authority of the United States Government to be kept a secret and not shared with any newly-arrived Superhero whom likely doesn't have the clearance do understand it and not talk to their friends as gossip later," replied Victor to her statement of wanting to know about Star Labs secrets. "Plus, as we still have these computers under lock-down we can't be sure that nobody isn't listening in..."

"Also, being secretive is what prevents aliens from gaining access to nuclear codes - cause some young and eager hero wanted to know about them. Plus, I am sure that if any invasion comes, that you'd be strong enough to handle most of what they throw at you. You did smash in that billion dollar door that Star Labs had," he added, indicating that her rather direct entrance did have some consequence - and not being a simple 'rush for reasons excuse'. Victor had plenty on dealing with collateral damage after his stint as Mr. Freeze. He still had several payments to go on in that regard.

Victor for his part, kept on doing what he was asked here to come and do. Namely help in unlocking their system from the lock-down. One good thing that Victor could say, was that her bringing in that Galactic Cop helped in Victor narrow down the frequency the 'Qyt' utilized in hacking into the Star Labs computers. Or rather, he simply observed what the Green Lantern' ring was displaying and copied it down from there. As he then attempted from memory to match it up with what they had.

While Victor hadn't much interest in trying to out-hack an alien - he did now at least have a way to brute-force them out of the Star Labs complex for the time being. "Researcher Wallace?" spoke up Victor, soon presenting the likely graying researcher with the current frequency of the alien system hack. "I assume you can manufacture a frequency jammer from what we have here?"

Namely this one was the best option they could have - since they would basically engage in disruption through use of an over-powered signal in the same frequency range. Or in layman terms - as the alien was using this frequency to hack them, they could easily blast junk data on a more powerful transceiver and essentially block out the alien hacker from the Star Labs Computer System.

thatoneguy911 thatoneguy911
Karcen Karcen

Supergirl
STAR Labs

Now Claire knew this guy was bull shitting her there was no way the door was a million let alone billion dollar anything. She also was annoyed that people seemed to ignore what she said and just think she wanted everything when an oh hey those cannons are ours please don't destroy them. If Claire was spiteful then she would make it a point to break as many as she could, but she wasn't and their toys would remain safe. The guys mention of just thinking she could take anything they could dish out was a little worrying as she didn't want people to just assume that she could and would help them, she wasn't a god.

" Fine i am going to find Sinestro " Claire said the controlled annoyance in her voice, still it likely was a good sign people didn't just bow down to whatever she wanted.

when she took a few steps away and towards the exit she noticed a very tall guy in a red costume with a cape, great another person coming out of the wood work. Claire didn't know if she did like that heroes seemed to be on the rise, but she wouldn't stop them. Claire could tell the guy was without a doubt and adult but the way he was carrying himself right now almost waiting his turn made Claire almost feel like he was young, but that couldn't be.

" Who are you?" She asked stopping in her tracks.

Error 420 Error 420

The brave and heroic Captain Marvel was absolutely flustered. "Uh... I'm just here to see the..." He looked around his surroundings, and being unable to create an alibi from it, quickly clammed up and muttered "I'm here to see the... Doctor. Man. Doctor Mann. He's in agriculture." He smugly grinned, having fully created his cover story. "Excuse me." He walks past Supergirl, stopping to cough out *CLAIRE* and continue forwards down the hall.

Karcen Karcen

Supergirl
STAR Labs

Claire let the man move down the hall a little bit and as everyone seemed to have moved to a new subject she quickly moved down the hall catching up to the guy in a seconds, maybe less. He knew her name and while normally she might think she could ignore it, but right now it was just to odd. She didn't know if he really knew but that cover story was just sad and explained nothing to her. There were other more important things to deal with of course, but right now she needed to know how this random guy knew who she was and while she didn't seem to hide her identity she in truth could act very different.

When she caught up to him she quickly pushed him against a wall, though likely only because of surprise. " You have 1 minute to explain" She said not angry or worried trying to remain cool, though as she said that everything shook.

Qyt fleet
SPACE

in space the Qyt fleet received the signal they had waited for, they were moving out of their stealth phase into an active phase. The plan had been simple in the broadest view, but complex as it broke down they were kidnapping humans and replacing them to gain power so they could weaken earth so that their take over would be sped up. This was all rather standard if you wanted a planet and didn't want to attract attention of the lanterns and their tiny masters. That was no longer an option the lantern they had killed had been missed and if they killed another then they would be exposed. They were moving into an all out assault to take the world and eliminate humans before the guardians got off their asses and decided that this invasion was not allowed.

The ships seemingly just appeared over several cities in a blinding light, though it was in truth and extremely carefully planned appearance designed to scare and demoralize the humans. With the lantern being seen as the biggest threat the mothership moved over metropolis as other flag ships moved over other high priority targets like Gotham and soon they were disgorging their payload of countless fighters.

1322436622111.jpg

State of Bedlam State of Bedlam Error 420 Error 420 thatoneguy911 thatoneguy911 NecroKnight NecroKnight A Common Man A Common Man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back