• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom DC UNIVERSE: LAST CITY

Bone2pick

Minority of One
image_zpszabrjxse.jpeg

You've often heard the sentiment that Earth has more superheroes than it needs. There are moments you're tempted to agree. Even with the death of its first and greatest champion—Superman—icons like Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, The Flash, Supergirl, Green Lantern, and Cyborg remain. Not to mention all the brave and just new heroes who faithfully patrol across the globe. Because of this abundance of costumed crusaders humanity has the luxury of feeling overprotected.

Tonight you're sure that's not the case. Overhead, invading your once familiar night sky, is a horrifying form. A tumor of the heavens. A wandering planet, out-of-place and out-of-time, looming so close you can seemingly reach out and touch it. It shouldn't be there, yet there it is.

Perduron. The name of the world. Simply mouthing the word leaves a metallic taste under your teeth. You gained its name and more from the looping transmission being broadcast from the Justice League's Watchtower. It spoke of a great city, a Last City of a collapsed universe, spread over its glittering surface. You gaze into the eerily glowing planet and imagine its billions of alien inhabitants staring back down on you. As you do so your heart drums in your chest.

You've been told why they're here - the Green Lantern Corps, in order to save them from extinction, pulled the planet through spacetime. You also know what they want - You. Perduron is still in danger, it's people are on the brink of civil war. And depending on who wins Earth could likely be the victor's next target. You can't let that happen. You won't let that happen. You're one of Earth's greatest heroes, and you'll be damned to wait for the alien menace next door to set its sights on your city.

The Watchtower transmission asked for help from every available superhero. They'll come, you know they'll come. But you worry that even if they all do it wont be enough...

ROLEPLAY TRAILER

----------------
This is an interest check for a detailed DC Universe roleplay that I'd like to launch the first of August. In order to ensure quality I'll be very selective in the approval process of players and/or characters. While much of the plot and setting information is finished, I still have more work to do before its release date. Thanks for reading & watching!

For those interested in learning more check out the following links: Resource ThreadCharacter ThreadOOC Thread

Last edited:
I updated the Interest Check to include a link to the thread with setting & plot details. It's a lot to chew on. :)

A very clever combination of plot points from pre and post new 52, count me interested.

Thank you very much.

For everyone else I'm close to putting the finishing touches on the character sheet. Along with it (mostly for flavor) I plan to include the actual distress signal from the Justice League's Watchtower.

Sorry my writing sample took so long... I had nearly finished it when my phone died and deleted it all so I started a new one from scratch.
The Radiant is now finished :)
Bone2pick Bone2pick

Sorry my writing sample took so long... I had nearly finished it when my phone died and deleted it all so I started a new one from scratch.
The Radiant is now finished :)
Bone2pick Bone2pick
Kudos to you, you're the first player to cross the finish line. I glanced at your character already but I'm going to hold off on properly evaluating him (and every other character) until late July. At that time I'll be ready to give feedback and accept characters.

For those interested I'm currently working on a section for the Resource Thread detailing Last City. When it's finished it'll be a helpful reference to get everyone on the same page in respect to the setting. I'll also have an OOC Thread up shortly.

Kudos to you, you're the first player to cross the finish line. I glanced at your character already but I'm going to hold off on properly evaluating him (and every other character) until late July. At that time I'll be ready to give feedback and accept characters.

For those interested I'm currently working on a section for the Resource Thread detailing Last City. When it's finished it'll be a helpful reference to get everyone on the same page in respect to the setting. I'll also have an OOC Thread up shortly.
Duly noted. I look forward to seeing the city. This RP seems like it will be really fun.

Unfortunate update: an unexpected scheduling complication is about to hit my family around mid August, and because of that I won't be able to GM this roleplay. I'm very sorry to not even have the opportunity to launch DC UNIVERSE: LAST CITY - hopefully I can try again at another (less chaotic) date. For those of you interested in the explanation, my wife and I made the difficult decision to pull our son out of public school and homeschool him this upcoming year. Our son has special needs and we ultimately came to believe that taking a more hands on approach would be better for his development. This wasn't our plan at the beginning of the summer, but sometimes life comes at you fast.

The DoomyFish The DoomyFish AI10100 AI10100

Unfortunate update: an unexpected scheduling complication is about to hit my family around mid August, and because of that I won't be able to GM this roleplay. I'm very sorry to not even have the opportunity to launch DC UNIVERSE: LAST CITY - hopefully I can try again at another (less chaotic) date. For those of you interested in the explanation, my wife and I made the difficult decision to pull our son out of public school and homeschool him this upcoming year. Our son has special needs and we ultimately came to believe that taking a more hands on approach would be better for his development. This wasn't our plan at the beginning of the summer, but sometimes life comes at you fast.

Oh! That's fine. Good luck with your son and I hope things go well with you guys!

Best of luck man, my daughter is about to be born next month. Kids are a heck of a blessing, but time consuming no doubt. Enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back