• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom DC Universe: Children of Tomorrow! [Interest Check]

Booperboy

social-anxiety is my middle name
Links:
CS - Here
OOC - Here Too

This story takes place 7 years after Superman: The Man of Steel #6 (which was released on July 4th of 2018). Jon, Jor-El, and Lois have returned from their intergalactic exploration adventure. Jon has aged chronologically, along with every other DC character. Superman, excited to be reunited with his family again, has taken some time off from the League and the duties of being a superhero. Most of the known sidekicks have grown up to become more independent, but still retain their alias. Such sidekicks include Robin, Kid Flash, Donna Troy, etc. And with these sidekick positions now open, new adolescent heroes have risen to uphold the mantle and role. These are: The Children of Tomorrow!

><><<><><><

So as of right now, this RP will be focused around Canon and OC characters that are between the ages of 7 and 30. Our characters will begin with some free roaming and will eventually lead into a plot.

Applicable Characters That Need Taken
Damian Wayne - Robin
Wallace West II - Kid Flash
Garfield Logan - Beast Boy
Jessica Chambers - Jesse Quick
Zatanna Zatara - Zatanna
Victor Stone - Cyborg
Koriand'r Tamaaran - Starfire
Kara Zor-El - Supergirl
Dick Grayson - Nightwing
Tim Drake - Red Robin
Barbra Gordon - Oracle
Cassandra Cain - Batgirl
Roy Harper - Arsenal
Dawn Granger - Dove
Hank Hall - Hawk
Jackson Hyde - Aqualad
Wally West - Flash
(am I missing anyone?)

Taken Characters
Jon Kent - Superboy @me
Billy Batson - Shazam fin fin

Garfield Logan - Beast Boy AnthraxBurrito AnthraxBurrito
Rachel Roth - Raven JDizzle383 JDizzle383
Barbra Gordon - Oracle RikuXIII RikuXIII
Casandra Cain - Batgirl RikuXIII RikuXIII

Last edited:
Will this RP have an open world structure where the players are responsible for their own plots? Will "older" canon characters like Hal Jordan be available? Will players be able to play villains - specifically canon villains?

Interested! How many characters are we allowed?
Right now, I'm going to say 1 canon and 1 OC

Will this RP have an open world structure where the players are responsible for their own plots? Will "older" canon characters like Hal Jordan be available? Will players be able to play villains - specifically canon villains?
1. In the beginning, yes.
2. Anyone over the age of 30 is not allowed, keep in mind that this is 7 years in the future too.
3. Maybe, probably more yes than no

How much DC stuff beyond the movies are we required to know? I mean, I have a few characters I want to play, but would need to know this in advance as all I know of is (Mainly) the DCEU and a few comics such as Death Of Superman...

Still, if I play a canon Hero you need, could I play an OC to add plot that wouldn't normally come up in DC Canon? (a villain)

I aim to take Rachel Roth btw.

Raven is yours.
Sure!
I can provide a run down of the events that have happened in the comic that occurs before this RP, if you want.
JDizzle383 JDizzle383

Would assuming the role of older heroes be more appealing to everyone? (i.e. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.)

I would love a rundown of events, thanks!

Also, for the OC I want to play as, I want to ask a few questions to only you away from this thread if possible before deciding?

Actually if you want I can also take Damien Wayne as long as his personality is from Judas contract/son of Batman

Yeah, you can go ahead and PM your ideas for your OC—and I'll give you a rundown of the events. And regarding Damian, I have someone who's considering taking the role, but if they don't decide to take it, then it's all yours. JDizzle383 JDizzle383

Ugh there are so many characters I'd love to take. Um...what are your thoughts on bringing back the pre-flashpoint Core Four? That is to say Bart Allen Impulse, Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl and Kon Kent Superboy (though obviously he would have to undergo a name change since Jon is Superboy)? Since in canon Tim has just gone out with Stephanie to look into the different time lines, perhaps in the future they have managed to make it to Prime Earth?

I suppose you could bring back two of them (two is the max character limit at the moment). After all, Tim from the future did go back in time to try and kill Jon, so I see why some multiverse travelling wouldn't hurt. What two would you bring back though? loonybin loonybin

Question on Oracle: If I remember correctly, in the new 52, Barbara was Oracle for a short time, than got her legs back and went back to being Batgirl. Do you have a specific idea of how/why she went back to being Oracle or could is that left up to the player?

I suppose you could bring back two of them (two is the max character limit at the moment). After all, Tim from the future did go back in time to try and kill Jon, so I see why some multiverse travelling wouldn't hurt. What two would you bring back though? loonybin loonybin
Um I'd probably be most interested in Cassie Sandsmark, and another unrelated character who I'll decide on in time (is the only one canon character and one OC in effect?). I kinda more suggested all of them for world-building purposes, but it's cool if you're not accepting such input :)

Well since you're bringing in heroes from the Core Four, I'd say you'd be safe to take on two characters from that group. The OC and Canon rule only applies to the person if they take on a role from the canon list. If this doesn't pick up any more traction, then I'll just let people pick what they want. But anyways, I'd say you'd be safe to use the characters you suggested. loonybin loonybin

I am very interested in this concept, if you're open to someone who is new to this site. I'd be interested in playing Beast Boy, but would most likely be changing his name as he'd be an adult now.
Also, though I don't intend to play as red hood, I wanted to use him in making the 'backstory' with beast boy and terra, having them in an outlaws/ravagers vigilante style crew. Essentially what I'm asking is, are we allowed to use npc heroes in our bios/past.
(Side note, I'd be disregarding his power origin from Young Justice, and play more into the red.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back