• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom π——𝗖 π™€π™‘π™¨π™šπ™¬π™π™šπ™§π™š, A "Year One" Alternate Universe RP

Planning on doing a remake of Aquaman. So, if we are using this as a placeholder type shtick - then I will lay a claim on the ol blue-eyed blonde.
I'll have one ready to go within the next few days, alongside the actual thread and stuff! But if you wanna drop it here for now, that's all well and good.

CS Thread!

Just made the character sheet thread there. The link is above. Actual RP will begin in a few days, but for now, feel free to reserve and work on characters.

Definitely interested in this! Two questions:

1. Is there a hard character limit? I've noticed some 3-4 reservations on characters, and I want to have an idea on how I should prioritize my picks.
2. What will plot structure be like? Is it a top-down situation with you providing players with antagonists where it's needed, or is it more up to whoever decides to play villains and those players take it from there?

Would you accept characters from DC imprints, like Wildstorm or Milestone?

Hmmm, I think I'd prefer to keep it to strictly DC but I'd probably make an exception for a few characters, like Midnighter or Apollo - as long as they fit in with everything else. But general rule of thumb would be just DC characters right now.

Definitely interested in this! Two questions:

1. Is there a hard character limit? I've noticed some 3-4 reservations on characters, and I want to have an idea on how I should prioritize my picks.
2. What will plot structure be like? Is it a top-down situation with you providing players with antagonists where it's needed, or is it more up to whoever decides to play villains and those players take it from there?

Character limit would be about 4 or 5, but obviously I'd put forward it being just whoever you can handle. Might not be good to take 4 characters if you don't think you'll be able to successfully integrate all four into the plot(s).

Plot wise, for now I am thinking just a bit of a freeform sandbox. We pile our characters into this fresh open world and have the plots and relationships and character arcs and battles form and happen naturally enough. I'm big on having role players communicate with each other OOCly so that they can pave a foundation between characters and come up with a pretty fun storyline or two.

Of course though, I have my own ideas and plots in my head. So I'll make sure things don't get stagnant or (if it does) things don't stay that way for long!

tenor-1.gif

I'm in

Thank you B] ! question though: do we need to run any non-canon changes we make with our characters/ideas on the "twists" we apply on our characters by you?

If you wanna hit me up in my DMs, you definitely can. And I can give feedback. Though you could probably just put whatever into the character sheet and if I have any questions or issues or slight critiques, I'll let you know.

I'm trying to decide on my two last character slots. I have some ideas but I'm trying to decide to between them I was gonna be Billy but I see some sneaky sausage signed up as him while I was out tonight.
Good on them, love that funny boy and I'm excited to see what they do with him.
I'm going to put it in a list format because my autism is a sucker for that kind of thing. I'll probably update this tomorrow because I was out celebrating my birthday tonight, which means consumption of fluids that affect my judgement.
  • Mad Monk: First Batman villain, self explanatory. trying to find a good faceclaim for him without making him too pretty, which I think is the downfall of a lot of DC live action adaptations Reserved!
  • Hal Jordan: I think the Green Lantern corps is an integral part of the DCU and it deserves to be in the RP in some capacity
  • Black Lightning: I think young Lawrence Firsburne would make a fun faceclaim, and Black Lightning has the most Furious Styles energy out of any popular DC character I can think of
  • John Stewart: Both of the above
  • Engineer: I like her in The Authority but it's hard to find decent faceclaims (Hollywood are cowards for not making an Authority movie because dudes would have to smooch in it)
  • Martian Manhunter: I like my funny green man. He gets out there and he does his job and we should appreciate him more for it.
  • A Charlton character (Captain Atom, Question, Peter Cannon, etc): I'm on a bit of a kick with old Charlton books right now, so i thought it'd be appropriate
  • Doctor Cyber: I don't want to triple dip with villains, but I think she's neat
  • Captain Comet: I mean, why not?

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide on my two last character slots. I have some ideas but I'm trying to decide to between them I was gonna be Billy but I see some sneaky sausage signed up as him while I was out tonight.
I'm going to put it in a list format because my autism is a sucker for that kind of thing. I'll probably update this tomorrow because I was out celebrating my birthday tonight, which means consumption of fluids that affect my judgement.
  • Mad Monk: First Batman villain, self explanatory. trying to find a good faceclaim for him without making him too pretty, which I think is the downfall of a lot of DC live action adaptations
If it helps I think Jonathan Hyde's character from The Strain might work. Depending on what you're going for that is.

Last edited:
Aaand Bane is done! He’ll probably my only character for the time being, and we’ll see if I get time to handle another one later on. It was… surprisingly difficult to get good masked faceclaims, lol.

Also, Scatterbrain Scatterbrain , I love the idea of Joe Chill being Mr. Freeze. I’m excited for this. πŸ˜ƒ

Aaand Bane is done! He’ll probably my only character for the time being, and we’ll see if I get time to handle another one later on. It was… surprisingly difficult to get good masked faceclaims, lol.

Also, Scatterbrain Scatterbrain , I love the idea of Joe Chill being Mr. Freeze. I’m excited for this. πŸ˜ƒ
I loveeee your take on Bane, and the FC works so well 😩

If it helps I think Jonathan Hyde's character from The Strain might work. Depending on what you're going for that is.
That works!
I was stuck mentally on Nosferatu from the 1979 version for a while.
I also tried looking for a Republic serial villain with the same kind of cowl, to try and photoshop it and make it look like his costume from the comics, but that didn't really go anywhere.

I have some ideas but I'm trying to decide to between them I was gonna be Billy but I see some sneaky sausage signed up as him while I was out tonight.

Ach, sorry about that, guilty as charged, I suppose lmfao! glad to see another Billy/Captain Marvel fan!
aye, what I wanted originally was to keep the major concepts of his powers the same (boy turns into godlike adult superhero) - I even had Chris Evans as the adult FC in mind-
but then I remembered Peter Capaldi existed and decided to turn it on it's head and make the superhero gig an old man's game by making the normal, old man the secret identity and the eternally youthful superpowered kid carry the superhero reputation!

Oh and happy birthday by the way, mate glad to hear it sounds you had a good time!

I loveeee your take on Bane, and the FC works so well 😩
I agree 100% - Teltex Teltex Scatterbrain Scatterbrain , the fcs are genius, major kudos! and Teltex Teltex that CS writing was stellar. Can't wait to see Bane in action

Hey everyone!

Because I was in a post writing mood today, I decided to crack out two opening posts just to set the tone for when everyone is ready to start!

Head over to the main thread here.

I also made an OOC over here!

I'm going to get my character sheets finished as soon as possible, but for now, as soon as you get your sheet done and I've reacted to it - you can start roleplaying! Looking forward to the world we end up building together, guys.

What exactly is the standard for realistic art, outside something like Alex Ross's work?
When there's rules about FCs it's normally all art or all real faces, so I'm trying to find where the line is here.

What exactly is the standard for realistic art, outside something like Alex Ross's work?
When there's rules about FCs it's normally all art or all real faces, so I'm trying to find where the line is here.

Art in general is perfectly fine by me, even if it leans more on the cartoonish side because, of course, we're playing with comic book characters here.

When I say keep it more on the realistic side, I mean more just stay away from anime or like Teen Titans Go chibi style or whatever.
As long as whatever you end up using is not those,
You should be good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back