• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy DC Earth Infinity ∞ [Literate / Multi-para]

Coldpopz

Smooth Subtlety
[class=base] background-color: #111; max-width:90%; border:15px double #2c8ff0; border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:10px auto; [/class] [class=BG] background:url('https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jl8wE7wjFVA/maxresdefault.jpg')no-repeat; background-size:cover; max-width:100%; overflow:hidden; overflow:hidden; color:#313131; padding:10px; [/class] [class=Pic] background:url('https://pre00.deviantart.net/0f4f/th/pre/f/2014/311/c/9/dawn_of_justice_by_jprart-d85mie6.jpg'); background-size:cover; max-width:500px; min-height:350px; margin:10px auto; border:6px solid #2c8ff0; border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 30px 3px 3px; overflow:hidden; text-align:left; [/class]
[div class=base][div class=BG]
[div class=Pic][/div]
coollogo_com-15687678-png.421760

Hello, everyone!

This rp is set in an original DC Universe known as Earth Infinity. Unlike other worlds, Earth ∞ acts as a conduit for possibility within the multiverse and holds it together. Because of this, its inhabitants are often amalgamations, or even copies from other universes such as the DCEU, Earth Prime, Earth 1, etc. In early 2017, the world was first introduced to Superman. Shortly after, metahumans and other superpowered beings began springing up in exponentially growing numbers. However, some, such as the Batman, have been operating as vigilantes and outlaws for many years. Others, such as Wonder Woman, only recently decided that it was time to reveal themselves. This shifting paradigm has had massive effects the world's political climate, and entire nations have become fascinated with the newfound gods who live among them.
In late 2017, a being who called himself Mobius, otherwise known as the Anti-Monitor in other universes, attacked Earth Infinity. His arrival united six of the world's greatest heroes, as well as the emotional entities, and even saw the use of energies that were dubbed the Life and Anti-Life Equations. However, cosmic horrors and endless questions came out of Mobius' defeat, and the newly founded Justice League must meet them with strength and stamina.
At the same time, cities all over the world are teeming with life as new heroes and threats rise every day. A mysterious club with primordial power lays in New York, Batman and Carmine Falcone battle for the heart of Gotham, and cosmic horrors lurk both in the universe and on Earth. Where you fit into this growing universe is up for you to decide. Here, the possibilities are infinite.

[/div]
[/div]

Taken Characters:
Amethyst/ Amaya, Amy Winston
Aquagirl/ Tula
Aquaman/ Arthur Curry
Aquawoman/ Mera
Batman/ Bruce Wayne
Batwoman/ Kate Kane
Brimstone
Carmine Falcone
Catwoman/ Selina Kyle
Circe
Damage/ Ethan Avery
Deadshot/ Floyd Lawton
Death [Endless]
Delirium [Endless]
Doctor Fate/ Kent Nelson
Doctor Manhattan/ Jon Osterman
Flash/ Barry Allen
Flashpoint Batman/ Thomas Wayne
General Zod/ Dru-Zod
Green Lantern/ Hal Jordan
Harley Quinn/ Harleen Quinzel
Hellblazer/ John Constantine
Mala of Themyscira
Martian Manhunter/ J’onn J’onzz
Maxwell Lord
Mazikeen
Mister Miracle/ Scott Free
Nightwing/ Dick Grayson
Orphan/ Stephanie Brown
Leviathan/ Talia Al Ghul
Lyssa Drak
Poison Ivy/ Pamela Isley
Red Arrow/ Roy Harper
Scarecrow/ Jonathan Crane
Sinestro/ Thaal Sinestro
Slade Wilson
Starfire/ Koriand'r
Steve Trevor
Superman/ Clark Kent
Wonder Girl/ Donna Troy
Wonder Woman/ Diana Prince
Zatanna/ Zatanna Zatara

Wishlist:
Beast Boy
Black Canary
Cyborg
Damian Wayne
Green Arrow
Green Lantern/ John Stewart
(Really any villains would be great as well)

What if the character I want isn't on the wishlist?
- That's totally okay! As long as they aren't taken, you can grab up whoever you'd like.

How many characters can I have?
- You can have as many characters as you want. However, three will be classified as “mains” and need to be applied for. Any additional characters are classified as “alts” and, while you do not need to apply for them, another player can take them as a main at any time.

What's the minimum length of the posts? What kind of writers are you?
- Length typically depends on the person and situation they're currently in. Some of us cling to around 300-400 words, but you can expect many others to go from 500 - 1000+ words. A large item that sets us apart from other groups is that we have a very clear goal of working our way towards professional grade composition. We reach out to the more experienced writers in the group and seek advice or opinions with our posts. This doesn't fit everyone, though. You don't need to be an author or English professor to get in, but our members are expected to have a hunger for improvement and we want everyone to become better writers during their time in the group. Please don't think we're elitist or that we believe ourselves superior to other writers! This is just how our group was conceived!

Can I change or drop characters?
- Absolutely! Just tell an admin; reapplying may be necessary.

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, feel free to pm me!
~

Last edited:
I write as Jason Todd every chance I get. Although I tend to write him in a romantic role play with Dick Grayson. I'm assuming this is more action oriented?

Any limits on the variety of universes we can take from? Any inprints or continuities off-limits?

Any limits on the variety of universes we can take from? Any inprints or continuities off-limits?
Not really; animated series', movies, comic universes, etc. are all fair game as long as you line up the history with other players (or just say your character was teleported to EI), but there are probably exceptions with some character/universe combinations that I can't think of off the top of my head. Definitely not a lot though- the general guideline would just be not to make any meme characters or versions that have no basis in the original (60s transgender vampire hero Joker). At the most, avoid OP universes like Earth One Million unless you're okay with the character being reasonably nerfed.

I write as Jason Todd every chance I get. Although I tend to write him in a romantic role play with Dick Grayson. I'm assuming this is more action oriented?
Sorry about the slow response, I was looking into a character issue regarding those two (Nightwing might be open instead of Jason Todd). I'll have to get back to you later on that. As for your other question, yes romances and ships are definitely allowed with both party's consent, but it's not the "focus" of the rp if that's what you mean. It's a pretty open mix of ships, big picture epics, and a dominance in player-player interactive stories =o

Not really; animated series', movies, comic universes, etc. are all fair game as long as you line up the history with other players (or just say your character was teleported to EI), but there are probably exceptions with some character/universe combinations that I can't think of off the top of my head. Definitely not a lot though- the general guideline would just be not to make any meme characters or versions that have no basis in the original (60s transgender vampire hero Joker). At the most, avoid OP universes like Earth One Million unless you're okay with the character being reasonably nerfed.
One-note jokes never get into these things anyhow. I assume someone like Plas doesn't count as a "meme character" because they're not one-note like a lot of joke entries I see.
Writers should try to actually make a funny character instead of just joining as a single joke.

One-note jokes never get into these things anyhow. I assume someone like Plas doesn't count as a "meme character" because they're not one-note like a lot of joke entries I see.
Writers should try to actually make a funny character instead of just joining as a single joke.
Plastic Man? He's A-okay

It's gonna get weird and meta if someone joins as Question on top of whoever joined as Rorschach.

It's gonna get weird and meta if someone joins as Question on top of whoever joined as Rorschach.
Nah, I know it might seem that way, but we've been running for over a year and we've never had awkward hiccups like that. There's a fairly low likelihood that there would be interaction between two obscure characters because interactions are purely player driven, never forced (a lot of ooc talk), and backstories are slightly modified to avoid stepping on toes. Really, it would only get weird if everyone involved wanted it to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back