• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DC Dark

Karcen

Ten Thousand Club
Gotham, the eternally crime ridden super villain infested city now lies without its famed protector, batman is dead. Many heroes, or would be heroes have come to fill this vacuum and bring law back to the lawless streets.

Crime is heavy on this eerie night with no moon. Hope is out prawling the night and protecting the innocent from the evil that preys in the weak and unfortunate. Gothom has gotten worst without a batman to protect it. Many have tried to take his place but have either failed in the attempt or have cross the line between hero and villain. Hope ran into a rapist and she release her wrath on him using by using her telekinesis to through him against against the walls of a nearby alley. Claws of the raven project from the shadows on to the rapist causing him extreme pain.
Karcen Karcen

Zaera was watching this attack from the roof tops having been about to intervene when the child had decided to do so, and thus she had remained out of this scuffle. It was truly sad that this was a very common sight and in truth Zaera often wondered why any normal people even lived in this rather dark and Gothic city. Well it wasn't like any other city seemed any better it was an oddity but crime seemed to just be everywhere at an eternally alarming rate. Well if there was no crime there would be no need for heroes, still they needed a solution and this city made for a great testing ground as if criminals went missing no one cared and if a few super villains died people cheered.

Zaera would soon appear from the shadows behind the young girl looking over her handiwork as a strange red and black gem floated nearby orbiting around her. " So what are you going to do next, knock him out make him run away string him up and let the cops take him away?" She asked actually wondering what the girls' plan was.

A strange lady appears behind her causing Hope drops her concentration overage had over the bad guy releasing him from her hold. He is in to much pain to move so he just stays put. "I wasnt going to kill him. Just making sure he couldn't hurt others. Who are you?" Hope says as she covers her head again in her cloak. It was a replica of the costume her mom wear with a few improvements her dad made to improve the protection of the wearer.

Police helicopters appears over head. Hope unable to make out what being said over the loud speaker. "We should be going. I don't work with the police."

Last edited:
Zaera would have asked how she would do that as stopping some one from hurting others without locking them up meant one of two thing mind alteration or mutilation. Zaera did have another answer she was testing on petty criminals magic branding.

Zaera didnt pay much mind to the cops if anything she was stunned they sent a helicopter for a rape or well atempted rape. Though more likely it had just been in the area.

"You can run off i have something to do" She said her voice somehow heard despite the copter as the palm sized gem would move to the man and shoot a beam into his gut leaving a none lethal mark.

"There now i am leaving" Sje said again ignoring the police as with a few words and a gesture she summoned a black door that opened to darkness "See ya around kid " she said going through the door. The door itself would linger if hope was qyluick she could follow and escape.

Hope thought about putting a tracker spell on this strange women, bit then she say the woman left a portal that left the area. In truth the police were after hope not the rapist. She was known to lose control and hurt incidents by accident. Like her mother, her powers were amplified by her emotion. Especially wrath. Hope also guard the magical key to her grandfather return to earth. Hope thinking following this woman would be better than talking to the police.
Karcen Karcen

Inside the door there would not be a black pit or some medieval tower, but rather a large library going up what looked like several stories the dark wood shelves were filled with books or crowded with artifacts even the helmet of fate which like much of this was fake. Many of the book were in truth blank and just held space and made things look more complete. Where the shelves ended there was a complex wallpaper. The lighting was slightly dim and seemed to come mostly from the fire place but in truth was all around, this all added up to a Gothic styled library.

Zaera woudl be waiting a few steps from the entrance with turned out to just be an actually door in the wall that otherwise lead no where. " Ah i was wondering if you would come or not" She said with a smirk " Welcome to my sanctum make yourself at home"

Lil Shirou Lil Shirou

Hope sees the library of fake books. Obviously this person put a lot of effort into making it appear as though she had this huge library. "So are you expecting me to be amused with these magical force fields and light show." Hope says this with a calm cold like tone as she sits in a nearby chair. "Do you have any real spell books, and ancient occult books?" Hope ask with some interest.

Last edited:
" Yes here and there, not everything is fake, it just makes the room look whole" Zaera said with a shrug "Though I have found they are less useful than they should be they are outdated" She continued.

Zaera had found a new but old form of magic, tapping magic unfiltered and uncontrolled. Everyone used schools and types chaos, order, black, white, divination, destruction, it was all filtered down. This meant that the books written by eve the oldest spell casters were not as useful as they could be Zaera was making her own kind of magic with decent results, if she lived a few centuries or took on students they could create a new school of magic.

" Really they knew power but well i found better, but well i guess new doesn't interest the young" She said seemingly amused and maybe a little insulted by the young girls insults to her decorations.

This woman was right about one thing new age magic didnt interest her much. She was hoping for anticent scripture on interdimensional demon and beings like her grandfather. " does your new age magic talk about my grandfather or beings like him?" Hope was going but she wasn't foolish. Her mom told her stories of her grandfather and temple of Azarath. She was told she would play gatekeeper to prevent her grandfather from entering and insalving the earth just like her mother did. Her grandfather scares her more than anything but she like her mother wanted to explore the other dimension of magic that exist.

"It hasn't been written" Zaera said simply going to a shelf and pulling out one of the real spell books "Your already caught thinking in old ways that the past is the most powerful yet you dont see they even then were using watered down power" She explained handing it Hope "tell where do you draw your power from?"

Hope is getting irritated with all the stupid comments. It was as if she was being judged but for once from the other side. All her time in group homes and school being that weird kid was. A demonic voice, her grandfather voice overlapped her voice, " do you doubt my power mortal? My powers come from a dimension more powerful than this one." Hope struggles for control over her anger. Like her mother her quarter demon self shows in anger. Hope succeed and the demonic voice disappear. "I am sorry my grandfather side tends to come out when i become upset. I am the granddaughter of trigon a interdeminsional demon. I act as a gate keeper keeping him in his deminsion. Just like my mother did befire she died."

Zaera kept her smirk on even as the demon spoke few would slip up enough to let one get the better of them if they weren't getting angry and she could guess that the girl just didn't understand the point that she was making. Well she could beat around the bush or she could explain it in another way after all everyone was taught this or that gave you magic but that was all sorted and parceled out.

" It is alright but you did answer and showed me that you are conditioned like others to think of your magic as coming from this or that, a sorted and orders system" Zaera explained not going to far into the theory of magic and how it worked " But what i use is the source of the source of that magic before it was sorted something that had only just been allowed to come back in and id far more powerful than the divided schools and sources" She continued thinking now the girl woudl get the point, there were no books on the subject because no one had been around to ever use it.

Hope just couldn't trust this woman with her mother's research notes yet and she has a feeling this woman wouldn't care to much either with the way she acted. Hope then speaks with a calm voice. " My name is Raven. That all you are getting from me." With that the shadow of a giant raven covers hope with it wings and she disappears from the woman's library. She appears outside Gotham orphanage wear her current home is.

Zaera just chuckled as the girl left, so she was the daughter of raven the gatekeeper to trigon. This was something she could use as the dark titain was beyond a doubt powerful and had scourges the universe more than once. Still Zaera doubted death would hold much sway over such a being thus she would need to make a true prison for such a being. But all of that could be done should his current gatekeeper seem to be failing in her duty for now the plague of criminals in this rotten city were a far greater annoyance to her. Zaera in truth wanted others to know her name and praise her power, others might be willing to work in shadows but she would rather work in the spotlight.

It was then that one of her many wards went off a crime was afoot another bank robbery, another test of her power and for her brands.

Hope snuck back into the orphanage and into her bed. She fell asleep reading her mom's journal. It was the only thing she had that told her about her mother. Hope woke up sometime later. The neighborhood she lived in was run down. Police rarely frequent this neighborhood because crime is so high. People do whatever they can to get by their everyday lifes. Hope goes to school and does small amount of charity everyday. She truly felt as long as she kept to her namesake she could bring her hope to other and thing could change. For her mother and father's sake.

Karcen Karcen

Last edited:
For Zaera things were more eventful, she didn't need to go anywhere and she had no job but her magic greatly increasing the time she had to experiment with the magic she was developing. She did wonder if she would see the little Raven again, perhaps she should give her a nickname, maybe chick it would be fitting for a baby bird. Zaera of course had an idea for what she could do with the girl, though it was all to get to solving a major issue in a way few heroes ever had as thus far their methods had proven ineffective. Well she had time that was assuming no major crimes happened and as it turned out there was a hostage situation just as she thought about having a day off. Really she could leaving it to the cops but well it was easier if she went.

Hope listen to her police scanner app and pick up a hostage situation on the other side of town. There no one around her she use a spell that change her into her hero costume and then a black shadow in the shape of a raven covered her teleporting on top of the building. The crowd and cops are shocked with surprise at the site of this. They never saw the girl in the shadow construct. She then case a spell to allow her to she into the building. She was looking to see where the hostages were at compared to the bad guys.

The hostages were in a cleared area in the center of the room on the second floor. This had started out as a robbery but had quickly gone bad leading to the current situation. The robbers were currently very trigger happy as they had never planned on going this far in and out the leader had promised them and now here they were minutes away from a shoot out with the cops. Still they were smart enough to not get to close to the windows and let the police snipers get them. In the old days batman would have taken care of this with ease but now it was up to others the 8 men would present a challenge to most people, if only by numbers.

Zaera was scouting out all this in her own way with a scrying spell channeled through the strange palm sized stone. Said stone was actually closer to a grimore than anything as it held spells but rather than being passive it was active and could actually cast spells using Zaera's power and at her command. This was extremely limited however and it was really only good for very simple spells and back up spells in case things got bad. Still it was useful and had many times helped Zaera.

Hope was trying to figure out how to rescue the hostages. She couldn't do it alone with out someone getting hurt. Suddenly she felt a familiar magically energy nearby. it was that strange woman from yesterday. Hope figure if she contact the woman they could work together and free the hostages. Hopefully before the Gotham PD goes trigger happy. Hope sits cross legged above the hostages and sends her soul self in the shape of a small raven to deliever a message. It arive in front of the woman. "Hello again. I sense you were here and I need your help. Come to me I am currently above the hostages on the roof." Hope's soul self then disappeared and hope awakens from her trance soon after.

Zaera would receive the message and look over she could see hope from her location it wasn't like she was in a hidden location she was just out of sight of the snipers who were not paying attention to the roof tops. Seeing as they were both nearby she chanted and short spells and moved from one point in space to another performing a short range teleportation. Such spells were actually beyond what her spell aid could hold which was why she had to do it herself.

Zaera would appear a few seconds latter a few feet from hope. " You could have flown i wasn't miles away or anything" She said with a sigh

Hope was a bit heated with the woman response. She replies with sarcasm. " Yes almighty goddess of magic. Don't you think I would of flew over to you if I could. I could barely send my soul self to you. I am trying to save the energy I have to combine my force fails spell with my teleport ability to get the hostages." Hope was always a bit irrated that everyone thought she would have all her mom's abilities. In reality Hope only had maybe half of her mom's abilities other abilities were just mimic through spells.

" If you say so, i mean soul sending seemed like more trouble " Zaera said with a shrug she almost always had power to spare and in truth if one looked at how her magic worked they would find her control was lacking and she often wasted power but easily made up for it with her overwhelming amount.

" Anyways think you can move them all up here, i'll go down and take care of the bad guys and make sure they won't commit any more felonies" She said her spell aid floating around her as if to emphasis this point.

Hope didn't know what to say at the moment. " Fine I teleport in and rescue the hostages. All while you play hero and fight the criminals." Hope shadow engulfs her like before and she teleport in the middle if the hostages. They were all tied up in a circle. The black bird reappears and starts to engulf the hostages in it's wings. Holding them like a mother bird foes with it's chicks. The criminals turn around just as she teleport out. She teleport them outside behind the police line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back