• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dc Au- Empires of Justice- RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

TheHistorian

Whoever this victor guy is i need to have a word…
The Mighty Mightor
Western edge of Skartaris
Early morning

The suns rays had just crested over the ice walls when Ur awoke and noticed the gathered crowd below the cliff face he had built his hut on. Several tribesmen from at least three tribes had gathered from what he could tell. The Plumaged headdresses of the Huatli, Leopard skin tunics of the Makatai, And blood red body paints of the Tumbash at least told him who was there. Yet he found it odd that so many were there, it had to be at least three dozen, big enough to be a small tribe on their own. At first he assumed they needed something of him but he soon saw they had gathered around a hooded figure who mentioned a “Sun god” a foreign concept to the Skartari yet the man spoke not as an outsider but as one of them. Not a good a sign as dar as Ur was concerned. Gods did nothing but assure the weak of the righteousness of their own causes, and Ur had never met a so called God before. Rolling his eyes at What he assumed would be a trying morning he took his dinosaur skin cowl and his club and leapt from his cliff plummeting the hundred meters straight down and landing hard with a purposefully loud landing snatching attention from the edge of the crowd and watching it spread as he approached.

The people clearly had a problem, he could see the concern on their faces. Luckily he didnt have to wait long to find out what it was as the Chieftess of the Makatai approached him. He had always found Shanna To be quite appealing to the eye, however her creased brow and obvious frustration did admittedly scare Even the Mighty Mightor. “Mightor…i thought you were supposed to be The Mighty, you are supposed to protect Skartari. So why then does a foreign God Bring misfortune upon us?” Her words were sharp as usual, and Ur had to take a moment to ponder the meaning of a few of her words but eventually he responded. “What god do you speak of? What bad thing has befallen us?” she looked about ready to stab him in the throat before the Older Chief of the Huatli, Numha, spoke up. “Mighty Mightor…as the sun rose this morning it gave its heat generously, too generously it seems, a part of the great wall fell into the waters of The Toko River. Our three tribes were flooded, all was lost. Well… None of our people were taken by the waters thankfully, but all our homes and all in them was lost.” Again Ur paused to take in what he was told. Numha always spoke with many words, something Ur did not like about the man, but it was not his place to govern his peoples ways, only to preserve the people that they may live as they saw fit.

“What has a foreign god to do with the sun or its heat, shall we blame a foreign god for the fall of the ice as well? Perhaps we blame a foreign god for the flow of the river in the season of water?” Ur spoke calmly but inside he was starting to get irritated, Gods had no place in Skartari, this conversation alone went against the Old ways. “The foreign god which we speak of, which i have told them of, is a god of the Sun…Mighty Mightor. Since his arrival thirty years ago the sun has been giving its light to the entire world. Or am i wrong? Has the suns light not grown in the past three decades?” this time the one speaking was the mysterious cloaked man, he approached with his hand extended palm up in a submissive greeting. Respecting his submission Ur placed a closed fist knuckles up in the mans palm. “You have seen this yourself? You have been beyond the great wall and seen this god?” Ur said not breaking eye contact with the odd magenta eyed man. “I have Mightor, The Mighty Warlord conquered my tribe and drove me out. I Am Van Dhal of the Savagè Clan.
I have spent the past Five centuries beyond the wall, though i have not seem the god myself i can attest to his existence. He is truly great Mightor…Perhaps even more so than you.”
Ur could not see much of the mans features as he spoke but that last sentence came with some salt. Ur’s lower jaw jutted forward as he stroked his chin in thought. He had heard of the Savagè clan, they were warriors who fought to the man, none survived the Warlord. For a long time he thought that was very odd, this man here seemed to vindicate his assessment of that, and he had no reason to doubt him, not only did he speak Skartari dialect fluently as any native, but Ur could feel the High evolutionary energies swirling within the man, though it was mixed with other things, that made sense, the warlords magic items did the same to his energy.

Finally Ur turned on his heel and began to walk away from the gathering adding one last comment as he walked. “Where is this Sun God?” he asked in a monotonous manner. “He is the patron deity of Mepolis, a great city in a mountain south east of the Wall and neighboring two seas.” the cloaked man said with a bit of excitement in his voice. “Then i shall go there and have words with him, and more if he wishes.” He was just about to launch himself into the air when the mam added one last warning. “He will try to lie to you Mighty Mightor, do not believe his falsehoods, He CAN change what he is doing, And he IS the reason your ice wall melts.” Ur nodded and smiled “I thank you Van Dhal, We Skartari are lucky to have you return when you did.” His words were punctuated by Ur launching himself into the sky and Letting out a tremendously loud Whoop that echoed a few times before a screech responded and a winged raptor descended from the higher cliffs. Mightor mounted his beast and immediately a sheathe of golden light covered the beast Magnifying its own energy the lad had given it. With a second screech and a digging of Ur’s Heels the winged raptor beat the air with its supercharged wing muscles and the Sonic boom in its wake would linger and echo in the air long after the two disappeared over the lip of the great ice wall.
~~~
Kal Kent
2 miles over Mepolis Western border
Early morning

Kal couldn’t help but smile at the tickling feeling of the Water droplets in the cloud he had just burst through. He always loved his morning flights, sure it wasnt all fun and games, he was surveying the territory of mepolis and looking for any threats. Luckily today seemed to be free of problems so he found himself lingering on the border his nation shared with one of their few allies. While kals night had been full of fitful sleep and odd dreams, his morning seemed to be going smooth. He was up in time to meet with Lady Lang and Sir White as the changing of the guard occurred. There he learned of a fire in a stable on the countryside, but that had been taken care of by the moon knights and Kal found himself without much to do. He gave a brief address to the new recruits who had just finished basic at Sir Perry’s request but with all that done all that was left to do was enjoy the view.

Unfortunately his view of the gorgeous borderlands between nations would not last. He knew it too, he had seen the army marching towards the border and knew that joint training operation’s were going to occur today. A sign of the two nations strength and coordination. He and the Other “Special powers” of The two nations would meet the following day to train in their own joint operations and while part of Kal was excited to work on such things, the rest of him knew it was not a good sign of things to come. It seemed as if things were ramping up every day and getting closer to the point of no return. He only hoped if it did come to a war he could end it as quickly and painlessly as possible. Yet something in him told Him it wouldn’t be that simple, that something big was headed the worlds way.​

Shait Dr Fate
Time: Morning

Mentions:
sample_99b969daf4f2310a75150b75625833d741034e15.jpg

The divinations that Shait had been performing had been growing darker as the days passed, something was happening, though the question was what and where. The scrying upon the lands of Ulgen showed no major issues that normal people could not deal with, though this didn't mean threats were not there. So where were these warnings coming from. Shait stood over the orb of Nabu casting spells over and over moving slowly out from the lands that were her duty to protect to those she only care about as staying out of her territory.

" If you always look to the future the present will pass you by" a spoectal voice said inside Shait's head. Nabu the spirit in the helm that she currently was not wearing did not always speak, but when he did it could be dire or it could be mundane. Shait judged his comment to be mundane, but still he was Nabu and had been around from before the end so she did listen to him.

" I am just doing my duty" Shait said back . She was the defender of ulgen she was Dr Fate as she had been for around 20 years now.

" Duty is not obsession. " Nabu responded having had to remind Shait of this rather regularly. Her spirit was commendable, but she was still fresh in his mind and had yet to really mature into her role.

Shait wanted to retort but found nothing she could say against that so just grumble din annoyance " What else is there for me to do if not seek out threats?" Shait asked mild annoyance in her voice showing she didn't think there was anything else today.

" You have a meeting remember?" Nabu asked rhetorically as he knew Shait had forgotten as soon as the divinations had started to show issues he had known how she would act.

Shait tried to remember just what day it was and checked a nearby chronometer, an arcane device that tracked time and days, and thought back to when she had agreed to meet with the others. It was not something she had wanted to do as it was beyond her concerns. Nabu had scolded her for being narrow minded when she had almost declined the invitation. The outside world had affected the land she had sworn to protect before and it seemed one of the nations had a new warlord. Shait didn't care enough to actually learn much about them thus for all she cared they could all be barbarian tribes ruled by warriors. That was not true as they had bothered with being diplomatic.

" That is tomorrow" Shait finally said as she checked the dates and made sure she had the right month and year. She had noticed how with her aging almost halted she had started finding time skipping. It was normal, but she could easily forget what month or year it was as she got distracted in her own research and experiments. That was at least when Ulgen was peaceful and for the most part she could vanish for years without issue.

" You would not have remembered if i had not reminded you" Nabu replied and it was the truth Shait would have forgotten the passage of time in her desire to protect ulgen. " The world is not yours to shoulder alone"

" The world is not my concern Ulgen is" Shait angerly retorted in an instant she was the protector of her home not the world.

" Protecting the one doesn't mean not protecting the other." Nabu explained as Shait was again thinking to narrowly " You defend more than Ulgen as the others defend more than their homes "

" That is still tomorrow and there is still something coming" Shait sighed as again she had no proper way to refute Nabu as threats could move from one place to the other.

" You should not try to carry the weight of the world Shait you are just one girl" Nabu said in almost a fatherly tone wanting their child to calm down and not try to do everything.

Shait knew Nabu was right, but she didn't want to admit it as it almost felt like admitting she was not good enough. She didn't want to fail her duty. She didn't want Ulgen to suffer. She didn't want what happened to her to happen to another. If she needed people to help her then just how powerless was she? Had she even changed at all from when she had been used to kill her city? " No I have you " Shait said she was not alone with Nabu around even if him being around meant she was to weak to do her duty herself. It might be better to be weak than strong and truly alone.

The Miscreant of Miracles The Roads near the Mepolis Western Border, The Outstanding Oberon’s Traveling Circus: Morning A train of colorful wagons plodded down the road drawn by horse and oxen. They carried an assortment exotic animals and odd folk. From a boy who had the forms of many beasts to a living automaton of great strength. Among the moving quarters of the caravan there was a man who stood out among them all. Called immortal. This man hand escaped from the most insane death traps. Done the most incredible feats of daredevilry ever recorded. Wily and cunning beyond measure he is the Miscreant of Miracles! “Snooooorrrreeee…..” Said scorpion quick scion of freedom was taking his ease in his wagon room. Lay up in a hammock with his many tools of trickery about him. “PING. PING. PING” Maria that marvel of godly science sought to awake him but to no avail. So it was up to those wily wind spirits to do so! Wild gusts blew off his blanket and knocked him out of his hammock. The man of Miracles knew no danger as he landed expertly on his out stretched palm. Regarding his friends with an annoyed glare through somewhat tired eyes he grumbled. “Can’t a god get any rest around here?” A series of urgent pings from Maria shook him out of his lethargy. “Trouble along the boarder? Involving the sun god and others of great power you were right to wake me up!” In no time he donned his rainmiant and cloak. He then jumped of his moving wagon on to the backs of the Thuallai. With the speed of wind they sped towards the source of the disturbance directed by Maria. ‘Sorry, Oberon.’ He thought as he sped away from the caravan. ‘Can’t help set up for tonight’s show. Maria’s visions from the force cannot be ignored. Something about to happen on the western boarder involving a young god and I must be there.’

Linde Danvers
Time: The Night Before
Linde sat in the corner of the tavern. The place was dimly lit but it was obvious enough from the smell and the rats that ran underfoot that the establishment had seen better days. Not that Linde and the bar's four other patrons seemed to mind. After all, as long as the drinks kept coming, who really cared about the condition of the place. From the three bottles that laid strewn across the table in front of her, it appeared that Linde had already had her fair share and yet she apparently had no intention of stopping there as she started making her way through yet another one.

As she indulged herself, a commotion from the table in front of her momentarily attracted her attention. A large dark skinned man, wearing little more than a loincloth, appeared to have gotten into an argument with his female companion. She was scarcely half his size and from her appearance, could have been no older than sixteen, if that. Linde seemed completely unconcerned by the pair's quarrel and her focus quickly returned to her bottle but as she raised the bottle to her lips, a loud slapping sound filled the tavern. Linde could see the young woman was lying on the tiled stone floor holding her cheek and the barbarian making his way to the door. She placed the bottle down on the table. "Wait, wait, stop." From her seated position, Linde reached out and grabbed the man by the wrist as he passed.

"Hhm?" He looked down at the individual who would dare impede his progress. "By Xyrm!" He exclaimed in surprise.
"Have I been uninformed? Is today the festival of impertinent females? Remove your hand, or I shall remove your fingers."

"What? No... just stop for a second." Linde gestured with her free hand for him to calm down before releasing her grip on his wrist. "Look, all I... all I ask, is that you go back... apologise... and then you just... go away, okay, and then we don't have to fight." An irritated scowl crossed the man's face and he reached for the sword at his belt.

"I have neither time nor patience for this foolery. If you have gods, perhaps take a moment to express your respect for their benevolence. As you shall soon be meeting them." Linde seemed oblivious to the man's threat as she looked up at her would-be attacker with a big smile on her face and a twinkle in her eye. If it wasn't obvious to the barbarian before it certainly was now that Linde was well and truly drunk.

"Don't get mad. It's just two words... "I'm... sorry..." See? Easy."

"You have had your warning!" He said, bringing his blade down with both hands towards her. It narrowly missed Linde but struck the back of her chair, cutting a large chunk out of it.

"No, don't do that. That's stupid." Linde said annoyed, as she grabbed her own sword.

"Now I shall have your blood!" Her attacker swung again, slashing her across the chest. Luckily for Linde, her breastplate shielded her from any real harm but she was thrown sideways by the attack.

"Fuck, you're still doing it." Linde raised her hand. "Stop! Stop! Just wait a minute! God! Please!"

"A surrender?" The bounty hunter paused but kept his weapon raised. "Wise. Perhaps you do not not wish to greet your lords this day."

"No. No, no, I just don't want to waste any of this... stuff here." Linde reached for the bottle that sat on the table as she stumbled to her feet. "Because I don't have any more coins. And I don't steal. 'Cause it's wrong." She raised the bottle to her mouth and drank greedily from it.

"What is this madness?"

"Okay, okay, it's done." She wiped her mouth with her sleeve. "You can keep going, but y'know, it's probably going to hurt. You." She slammed the empty bottle hard into the barbarian's face with her left hand, striking him in the mouth, and it shattered into pieces.

"You... dare..." Blood oozed from around his mouth and his eyes blazed with fury.

"Ow! Fuck!" Linde grimaced, her improvised attack had left a nasty cut on her hand and her fingers and palm became red and sticky.

"Heh. That is only the beginning of your pain. For I will not be bested by..." The man swung at Linde with his sword but she bent forward."...some..." And using her opponent's momentum against him, flipped him over her head and sent him slamming through a table with a mighty crash. "...woman..." Linde drew her sword and held it to his throat, a wry smile across her face as she looked down at her dazed assailant.

-----

Linde made her way unsteadily towards Biron who was waiting outside the tavern. He had a disapproving look in his eye. "What?" Biron gestured towards the crude dressing on her hand with his nose. "This? It's nothing... Just had a little... mishap... with a bottle. That's all." Biron made a nickering sound and Linde could tell he didn't quite believe her explanation. "Look, can we... can we... please... not do this now." said Linde as she struggled to climb on to the horse's back. "I just want to get some sleep. If you're going to scold me, can it... wait... until..." Her words were suddenly replaced by the sound of loud snoring, causing Biron to look around at her. Linde had apparently fallen asleep and now lay across his back, her arms and legs dangling over either side of his back. Biron shook his head and groaned, taking a moment to adjust himself and Linde so that she wouldn't fall off during transit, before galloping into the air and disappearing into the starry night sky.

Last edited:
Zatanna Zatara
Time: Afternoon

Zatanna loved and hated traveling. Seeing new places, meeting new people, soaking up the sights outside her own kingdom? Amazing. Breathtaking even, but riding long distances either in carriages or horseback was considerably less so. At the moment she was inside a carriage on her way from Zertaris to Mepolis. It was quite a few days journey when not using magic to either fly or teleport. Has she felt the need was urgent she'd have done the later, but this was far from urgent in her eyes. Important, sure, urgent not so much. Plus if she traveled normally she could make stops along the way and have a bit of fun whenever the mood struck her.

Something much to her accompaniments dismay. Their job was to make sure the young heiress made it to her meeting on time. They were not bodyguards (because she was more then capable of protecting herself), they were glorified babysitters. Sure she'd never 100% abandon an assignment or duty, but she took a lot of liberties, and they weren't supposed to be taking any risks especially considering other representatives, powerful representatives, would be in attendance. They needed to make good impressions.

It didn't help that sleep had been eluding the young sorceress as of late. Dreams she hoped weren't fragments of premonitions plagued her often since she heard about the meeting. She sometimes hated her abilities. Especially the less consistent and unintentional ones. It made her uneasy that they were so disjointed, so she couldn't make out what the actual danger coming was. Or who the danger was coming for because another issue was it wasn't like her visions were only to her.

This was the main reason their was any serious nature to her at the moment at all. For all the fun and games she loved to indulge in, she did want to keep those close to her safe. Unknown danger was problematic to say the least. She hadn't told her dreams of late to anyone preferring to keep them close to the chest until she had a clearer view.

Her father had bigger issues to deal with, and Zach was...Zach. She envied him times like these. At least Mepolis wasn't a boring city. Not her favorite on her list of traveled lands, but not the worse. Her favorite had to be Gotham for a multitude of reasons. Dangerous, mysterious, it was truly a spectacle in it's own right with the most interesting cast. Mepolis was calmer for the most part, more structured day and night. Perhaps because Zee was more a night life kind of lady, she preferred Gotham.

She let her mind wonder as she looked out the window to the vast changing land. They would be there soon based on the landscape. She wondered who all else would be there. She was probably told, but truth be told she could zone out easily when she deemed information unnecessary. Sure now she was curious, but that was born of boredom, not it being crucial. No matter the attendance roster she was still among them. She only knew for sure the sun god would of course be in attendance. She forgot if the people of Mepolis also still thought her lineage to be deities. She believed they thought them to be goddesses of magic. The only kingdom she knew for a fact people knew this wasn't the case was Ulgen due to the magical nature imbedded in their society, so they understood her race better then most.

She could pose as a goddess, it was always a good time when she did. She stretched her hand out the window pointing towards the horses pulling, "Retsaf." she hummed softly and with that the horses instantly doubled the speed they were going. She wanted to get out already and really stretch her limbs, talk to a god, and have some fun training with people she didn't have to hold back with. Training with anything else was a bore and she'd rather be at a show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back