• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ๐ƒ๐š๐ฒ๐๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ ๐€ ๐‰๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐‚๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ง ๐€๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐š๐ซ ๐‘๐จ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ ๐’๐ž๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ก.

TheSwanWhisper

in the middle of somewhere
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello there! My name is BabeDon'tMindMe but you can just call me Mind. I'm I have been roleplaying for almost 6 years so I would say I'm an avid roleplayer. I love James Cameron's Avatar World so much and have watched the movie over 20+ times. (I know obsessed much?) So I have been staying up and working on a plot of my own. It's a lot to read but ya know this is the type of length you are gonna be getting from moi.

Here is a short About me!:

- I'm 22 about to be 23!
- I reply at least once a day if not you'll get a response in a week
- I love playing Canon characters!
- I do 3+ paragraphs in my replies
- Professional procrastinator
- I play any genders
- My timezone is EST
- MxM is a preferred pairing for me but I'll play any pairing

What I'm looking for!:
- 18+ I don't roleplay with minors
- Ghost Friendly
- OOC Lover!
- Willing to play side characters
- Help move the storyline

Below is the Plot! I worked hard on this and this is somewhat of an AU but it still has the characters and such and maybe canon events could take place. So enjoy!

As far back as Jake could remember, he had only dreamt of one thing.

Every night, Jake A dreamt of a face he had never seen, of a person he had never met, from a world he had never been to. As a child, he tried to tell his parents and brother, but they wrote it off as a product of an active imagination and grew tired of hearing about it.

Jake on the other hand, never grew tired of his dreams, always eager to fall asleep and dream of a boy with gold eyes who looked so different than himself. As Jake grew, he watched the boy grow as well, watched as the small, lanky child grew stronger every day. He couldnโ€™t help the jealousy that coursed through him at times when he thought about the boy roaming freely among the lush planet, while Jake found himself struggling for breath at times within his own dying atmosphere.

In school, Jake was labeled a daydreamer by his teachers for his tendency to get caught up in his own thoughts while absentmindedly drawing pictures of golden eyes and braided hair.

Jake grew up and joined the marines in a last-ditch effort to achieve some semblance of the excitement he found in his dreams. He found himself excelling, using the skills he had watched the other boy, now a man, learn every night. He was grateful for the escape the dreams offered on particularly hard days, when bullets had whizzed passed his ear and fear ran through him like blood.

One night, though, things began to change in his dream world, when a stranger wandered into the perimeters of the other manโ€™s territory. The woman, whose body was similar, but not exactly the same as theirs, spoke English, which surprised Jake enough that he had to fight to stay asleep. He felt the confusion and fear that the other man tried to hide as the woman explained that she was from a planet called Earth and that she had discovered their planet and wished to learn about them. Jake felt the anger of the young man, which he expressed freely when his clan leader decided to let her stay.

When Jake awoke the next morning, instead of the sense of euphoria he usually felt after a night of dreams, he felt a sense of dread. He had seen what humans did to their own homes, and he feared what they might do to the lush, alien world he had come to love.

At first, the human in a Naโ€™vi body, which was a concept Jake only had a very shaky understanding of from her attempt at an explanation to the people, named Grace, had seemed to be the only human there. But, as the Omaticaya people grew to trust Grace, she revealed that there were more like her that wished to learn. The people reluctantly agreed.

Everything seemed fine for a while, the humans, which the people called Dreamwalkers, taught them English, which Jake was extremely grateful for since, while over the years he had acquired a basic understanding of the Naโ€™vi language, he was by no means an expert and still struggled to understand at times.

But then, one day, the Omaticaya got word from another clan of small, pale creatures being spotted moving in large machines, drilling and plundering the ground. It didnโ€™t take long for the Omaticaya to learn that these small, pale creatures were humans. They confronted Grace and the other dreamwalkers, demanding an explanation. Jake listened, sorrow gripping his heart when he heard how the humans were really there to mine for a rock beneath the surface.

Grace tried to apologize, explaining that she was here to learn and that she did care. But the damage was done. The Omaticaya cast out the dreamwalkers, promising to kill any humans or dreamwalkers alike that dare enters their land.
---
A few months went by and everything seemed to go back to normal. Muse A felt the betrayal and anger that seethed in the other manโ€™s heart, and he hoped, though he knew it was in vain, that they had seen the last of the humans. But, when he received a letter from his brother, excitedly telling him how he had been chosen to be rocketed off to a planet light-years away to learn about the indigenous Naโ€™vi people, he knew that the human involvement was far from over.

It was strange for Jake, to see the word Naโ€™vi, a word he had known since childhood, spelled out on paper, to have his dreams confirmed as reality. While that world had always been real to Jake, he had never quite let himself believe in it. But there it was, written out on crisp synthetic paper in his brotherโ€™s neat handwriting.

He wanted to write back, warning his brother of the horrors the humans had planned for the beautiful planet scientists had taken upon themselves to name Pandora, but he knew that if he did, he would sound crazy and that that would be the last thought his brother had of him before being shot off into space. So, instead, he wrote a nice letter, congratulating his brother, meanwhile, dread set like a stone in the pit of his stomach. A deeper part of Jake, a part he tried to ignore, was jealous, jealous that his brother was going to the world he almost considered home and that he might meet the man Jake had known all his life.

Jake was ashamed to admit that the dread and the worry he felt was put on hold when a good place bullet, or perhaps ill-placed depending on the intent of the man behind the gun, lodged itself deeply and snugly into Jakeโ€™s spine. As he lay in that infirmary bed, he tried, but ultimately failed, to keep his jealousy subdued as he thought about the other man leaping from tree to tree and running barefoot along the dirt floor of the forest.

In his dreams, however, Jake was confused by a sudden drop in the emotions of the Naโ€™vi man, who, admittedly, was not known for his good temper, but in the days Jake spent in the hospital, he noticed the man growing especially moody, bordering on sullen. Jake watched as he wandered away from his clan to sit in a tree for hours, sorrow etched into his usually stern features.

Weeks went by and the other manโ€™s mood did little to improve, which did not go unnoticed by the other members of the clan, but who, after being snapped at several times, learned to leave him alone. The drop in emotion was affecting Jake greatly. He had always relied on his dreams of the other man to distract him from his worries, but it seemed that the more forlorn Jake became, the worse the other got. For the first time, Jake was miserable in both his conscious and unconscious life, and it only seemed to get worse.

A few weeks before Tom shipped out, Jake got the call telling him that the future his brother had worked so hard for, had been so excited about, had ended with a bullet for the paper in his wallet. The man on the other side of the call told Jake the time and place the cremation would take place, then hung up.

As Jake sat in the wheelchair that he wasnโ€™t quite used to, he watched as his brotherโ€™s lifeless body was consumed in flames, and only vaguely listened as the official-looking men around him explained how much money had been invested in his brother and how lucky they were that they had someone who matches his DNA genome to genome, because, of course, thatโ€™s all they cared about. Having nothing else to lose, Jake agreed to take over his brotherโ€™s contract.

While Jake grieved that night in his private quarters for the brother he had lost, he felt a comforting presence in the back of his mind, an alien warmth that encompassed his entire body, which he was sure he was imagining. He heard a strong voice echo through his mind.

"I'll see you soon. My Jake."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back