• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Day of the Dog; Kingdom of the Cats

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
gls29YS4nRh37ihYO_mvPJorZeRTdcUbmE5ixzpcMegAF30I0ZwQCK2EBS9fTtsMrouH822QKJvWJcsUYBrLTtkfce_nmkNc5Y13NpA4Q5idh7XPhJ4AiP0vC5_cLmMqn-hqrIZ6
zRh93B518ZtZtsahU3FPycPKYROknM3B_jj1fmGUg9_6xm0liQBIJzMm0gH3xkZZ5_46Ln0FmD6tuA-rM1nCeQlpsBKZG4QhoQQim-dearhhsEs67BxJXanaSvo_q7dIq4tvsPH3

The Intelligence of Dogs - Wikipedia

What would happen if one day, Dogs and Cats suddenly developed sapience? Well, in this RP, that is exactly what happened. The average dog achieved the average intelligence of an average human. The wiki link above will have a list of breeds ranked by their intelligence. Rank 100 is about a 100+/- IQ. Rank 1 is about a 199 IQ+/-. Rank 138 is about a 62+/- IQ. Or … 200-rank number.

Cats didn't fare so well as they only have about half the intelligence of a dog. (Sorry cats.) Their average IQ raised to about 70. However, for those wanting to play an intelligent feline I included a list. The highest felines on the list will have an IQ in the 140+/- range and the lowest around 40.

What cats DO get in the bargain is psionic ability. But this will be very, very limited at first and have to be learned over time. Some humans may be immune to some Psi. SOME dogs may also be able to learn psionics, but they will be much more limited and have to learn from … yep, cats. So they will have to wait until cats have learned enough to teach.

Wild breeds of canines and felines were unaffected (wolves, bobcats, coyotes, lions, etc). Half-breeds and feral will be affected on a limited basis. But the more connected to their wild nature, the more reduced the effects. Half wild species hybrids and ferals will have half the effective IQ change. These are all probably better introduced at later stages of the RP.

Likewise Spayed or Neutered animals will not be affected. (If it happens after the change, you remain IQ enhanced, but probably a little upset.)

Unfortunately, intelligence does not include speech or opposable thumbs.

What does this all mean?
Well, animals aren’t going to suddenly understand rocket science or even read and write. But they will begin to learn at an alarming rate. More importantly they will begin to understand. They are pets. Going to the Vet for the first time may mean removal of one’s manhood! And you will understand what being put to sleep means at the Pound.

Dogs and cats are also going to begin to develop cultures, maybe even religions of their own. I leave this to the group. You have become intelligent. What you do with that is up to you.

Dogs vs Cats
No, I do not mean a war between the animal kingdoms, though that is a possibility. I mean what are the Pros and Cons.

Dogs are more social. They organize.

Cats are more solitary and aloof. They tend to be self-centered. But they will work with others if it is better for them - even with dogs. (But, by Bast, they STINK!) They will eventually become the Jedi of the animal kingdom.

Setting
The default location is going to be New York City - near Central Park.

Characters
Blank CS
You may have up to two dogs and one cat.

3rd person, past tense
2-3 paragraph minimum please (not always possible, I know)

Last edited:
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back