• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dawnmoor OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

titania

spirit crusher
Aaaaand here's an OOC/plotting thread before the RP gets up and running! Any preferences for how you guys want to start?

Are all of the spells in each schools of magic all accessible by its students? If If true, personally it's fine but I felt that there could be a tier of spells students should have to learn first, since y'know it's a school. Such as tier one spells are those every student knows in their repertoire and tier two spells are relatively simple still but require learning, and so on.

Of course, a mere personal flair on the spells. If no one wants me basically saying to lock out most of the spells for the first years, then it's totally fine by me.

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn yes, classes are split by magic school and they're all mixed year
Computing Magus Computing Magus I was actually going to make sort of a tier/level system with the spells like in DnD. I'm still not completely opposed to it if everyone with first year characters is fine with the concept of having to work their way up

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn yes, classes are split by magic school and they're all mixed year
Computing Magus Computing Magus I was actually going to make sort of a tier/level system with the spells like in DnD. I'm still not completely opposed to it if everyone with first year characters is fine with the concept of having to work their way up
As someone with a first-year character, very much not opposed to it and know what I'm getting into.

Mixed years sound cool.

If there's mixed year then I assume we're using credit system that is more akin to college rather than conventional school system.

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn hmm, you're right.... I think maybe a system with years 1 & 2 in class together and years 3 & 4 in class together would make more sense than just everyone being in the same class? Any input on this is welcome

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn hmm, you're right.... I think maybe a system with years 1 & 2 in class together and years 3 & 4 in class together would make more sense than just everyone being in the same class? Any input on this is welcome
Well, I think it'd be better if our classes were mixed years. Since otherwise, we'd have little chance to interact with each other. Heck some of us might be in a class by ourselves if our classes didn't have mixed years. I think it depends on how the teachers teach each class to be honest. Perhaps whilst the teachers go over the basics of that lesson for the lower years, the older students put it into practice/do extension work on it?

Also, do you have events planned for the school? Will we be sparring/having tournaments? Will we be attacked? Just kinda wondering if we'll be able to put our spells into actual use lol

Why are they teaching magic anyway? Is it just so that they're aware on how to use magic or so that they can be drafted to the military or smthn?

I think mixed year is better then. It make sense for student fo develop diverse ability this way. It also allows for more flexible interaction.

My suggestion for running a school RP: unless its interesting, skip all the school stuffs.

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn alright, mixed years it is then! And yeah, I was planning on events other than just classes and stuff haha, like sparring & tournaments and some sort of greater overarching plot

Alias Alias I mean, in my mind they go to magic school for the same reason that someone would go to school to be a surgeon, just to perfect their powers. Although it's not the main purpose the military aspect is definitely there, as the militaries of many countries would likely be entirely made up of magic users, because, like, why wouldn't they be? ;)

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread I was actually planning on focusing more on other things than on the basic school stuff, heh

titania titania If you are going to change the font colour of your writing please change the background colour too so that I can read it ^^
1564424151371.png
Night mode ftw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back