• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Dawn of Justice] The Red Water University

NeramoDJI

Deodorant Devourer
1677388113566.png
"Time brings all things to an end.
There are no second chances.
There's only this moment and the next.
Where everything you want to be will collide with everyone standing in your way.
Purpose and meaning are lies.
It is our job to reveal this.
As we journey into the dangers of a world that will tear us down.
And seek fellowship amongst the slums and downtrodden.
We are the architects of true change.
This is my time"

The words inscribed upon the statue of Ryuiki in the gathering hall

The morning was a cold and quiet one, with a quiet rain pattering on the roof of the facility that was the disguise of the entrance to an invitation only academy, named only as Red Water University. A sort of instruction program for all Red River recruits, so as to bolster the strength of the group into something unheard of for criminal groups. The classes were somewhat small, but there were still a decent amount of classes and students, with the focus of this story being on a particular one. This one found itself focusing on Class 24, a group of students in which most were having their first year in the academy, and as such they are of varying ages.

Those who were part of it were given their room number and the directions to get to it, with their tattoos having been applied months in advance in most cases. Their homeroom teacher was a man named Professor Litwile, though, for those who arrived, he wasn't in the room quite yet, but a note on the whiteboard instructed them to remain seated as he would be with them shortly.

Reo Yamamoto

sample-bd99a794e5f5f4c81990e5e0bc6e8850.png

Reo glanced at the inscription before rolling her eyes. She knew they were villains, but that quote just felt overly... edgy? It wasn't like purpose and meaning were lies, in her mind. It was more that they weren't exactly what mainstream thought they were. Her purpose in life was to destroy. It was as simple as that. That was the whole reason she joined this organization, after all. Because she knew what her purpose in life was.

She walked through the hallways, glancing at each room number, a her brow furrowing in annoyance at her surroundings. She was never the best when it came to school. She was excellent in stuff like physical education, but mental? She'd probably grow wings before she actually did well on written tests. But, in the end, that was another reason she decided to leave normal life behind. Because she didn't really think super villains needed to know who the prime minister was thirty years ago. Hell, she hopefully wouldn't even have to worry about learning how to do her taxes, if she was lucky!

Finally she found her room. She entered, glancing around before walking straight to the back and taking the best seat. Very back, next to the window. After all, that way she could watch out the window and not give any shits about what the teacher was talking about, and not have to annoy anyone behind her while she was doing it. Truly the perfect place for someone like herself. And, at the same time, she prayed that there was no dress code, because she liked what she was wearing now, and had no plans to change into a stuffy monkey suit like they wore in other schools.​

Luciano Carmine
1677450424641.png
Mentions: Silent Angel Silent Angel NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

God damn it, what did I put myself into. Luciano thought to himself as he looked up at the statue of Ryuiki and read its inscription. He has a statue of himself... What a prick. Luciano thought, although someone like him that was paranoid to put a mark on him made him think he was very powerful as well if he was making scriptures about himself, some family... It seemed like they didn't matter in the bigger picture. At least that was how Luciano saw it. Luciano looked to the side seeing this big woman pass him, she was very strong looking and that surprised Luciano.

Although she looked just as unimpressed with the statue as he did. And he didn't blame her, although it may have been due to other things other than what he truly saw. She did look dumb... But that was unimportant, now it was time to get ready for more punishment, turning and following after this big woman, Luciano said nothing until they got to the class, Luciano randomly chose a seat to the side of the room, away from everyone else. His eyes did wander to Reo where he stared at her, observing how strong she looked and that was something Luciano admired. " What's your name? " He asked out of the blue while keeping a eye on her.

Last edited:
Chizuru
Chizuru.jpg

Mentions: Silent Angel Silent Angel

Chizu walked past the statue of her father. He was in his scary armor, but still, the sight of a comforting figure made her feel more at ease. She didn't bother reading the inscription, stuff like that didn't interest her. The softness of her stuffed sheep felt good as she made her way to the classroom. Sliding open the door, she looked at the two already there. One was the young agitated man who she had seen talking to her father at home before. The other was a tall muscular girl. Most people would have found her stature intimidating, but something about her seemed to belie this. Chizuru made her way to the back of the room and attempted to climb into the chair next to her. It slid back, dropping her to the floor and onto her stuffed sheep. Without a sound, she wiped herself off and stood up, pulling the chair back to it's position and trying again. This time she made it onto the chair. She smiled at the girl next to her and waved.

Reo Yamamoto

She glanced down at Luciano, giving him a small once over with her eyes. Nothing of real import, and nothing on the outside that she felt like would pose a threat to her, but seeing some of the folks her boss used meant that looks could be deceiving. However, overall... he looked like a grunt. She gave a small shrug before saying, "Reo Yamamoto." Nothing wrong with giving him her name, and if he tried any funny business, she was sure the boss and teach wouldn't be fans of 'em.

She brought her eyes away from the henchman lookalike, her gaze now falling on the newcomer. She watched as the girl tried and failed to get on her chair, and when she tried again, Reo was tempted to help her up, but she didn't seem to need it the second go around. The smile and wave melted her heart, and she couldn't help but give her own grin as she returned the wave. "Well, aren't you a cutie? Though, are you in the right school? I don't think I've ever seen a villain as adorable as you." She paused for a moment before saying, "And if you need help getting into your chair, I can always assist. If you are planning on becoming a villain, scrambling up into seats will really lose you intimidation points."

Chou Ayumu
Phantasm

IMG_5540.jpgdepositphotos_238592792-stock-illustration-purple-carnival-butterfly-mask-diamonds.jpg
Mentions: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
That morning, before Chizuru had gone to school, Ayumu had been all too happy to help her get ready. It was a big day for her after all, her first day at the school founded and owned by their father. He had quite fond memories of his own time there, even if it had been a struggle on the academic side. One would never guess now but while he'd been talented with his quirk, he'd significantly lacked in his schooling and had to make it up, doing rigorous coursework to catch up to his classmates and make his new parents proud.

As per his suggestion, Chizu had her outfit laid out the night before and had her school bag all packed beside it. Their mother had done the same with him before his first day to help with the nerves the night before. In trying to be a good big brother, he found himself emulating much of what their parents modeled. Before running away, he was an only child and then he was a kid on the streets so a true family had been a difficult concept for him. Even now, some of his roles were a little difficult to fit into but he was trying to make the most of it. Chizuru was a high-maintenance child due to her past and it wasn't her fault so Ayumu did his best to step up and help. He himself remembered being high-maintenance and frankly, he still was in some ways.

As he brushed out Chizu's hair that morning, he regaled her with tales of his time at the school, telling her how she would be starting her own journey today and getting to meet all kinds of new people.
"Of course, if anyone gives you a hard time, including the teachers, you just let your big brother know, alright? I'll make sure they're handled. Your homeroom teacher, Professor Litwile will make sure you're taken care of though so I wouldn't worry." He chuckled, patting her head gently when he finished with her hair.

Ayumu took her to school himself, in his full villain costume of course, and while he didn't walk her all the way to her classroom, he did stop at the statue of his father once she was gone, reading the inscription. It made him chuckle. Oh, how he knew his father wasn't a fan but Ayumu personally thought there was no better tribute. There wasn't a single time he was in this building without stopping and reading the inscription. By this point, it was practically a mantra engraved on his soul.

1677825368053.png
Delores was awake early in the morning, like she always was. An internal clock intricate as her nerves. Her quirk was not as flashy as most villains around The Headmaster, she did have a vast amount of confidence, grooming the puffballs at the end of her three pronged, prehensile tail. It started to sway nervously behind her as she finished and looked herself over in the mirror one last time. Her makeup was good and her hair was the best she could get it, sighing as she was interrupted by her mother. The familiar long arms of her Gran' reedy body entering the room first before her head poked in; A wrinkled face twisted in caustic bemusement; blackened eyes with green glittering pupils looked back at her Granddaughter. A grin stretching across her leathery features.

Delores crinkled her nose and waved her out "Thanks for encouragement Nana, but I am more than ready, I won't be ashamed of what I can do and know The University and...Ryuiki won't turn me away for it." She said, tired of the exhausting conversations her wise, but irritable grandmother often chided her with. Smaragdine an old woman with a quirk known as Wretched, a mysterious power she has hoarded all to herself and is the only known relative to Delores outside of her homeland.

"Dear child...anyone who turns away such a gift deserves such exquisite suffering; worry them not, and weave only the fate you decide"

Delores arrived at school rather early, not wasting a moment to chance as she fought tooth and nail for this chance. Her ongoing experiment, guinea pig, and loyal friend. Jethro Covulsius Jr. . A tabby cat she implanted with boomslang snake DNA, making him quite the lethal pet. It was one of the only creatures outside of Ouroboros and Nana she cared about. A mixture of a cat and snake hiss horrifically screeching from him as he moved up her shoulder and nuzzled into her shoulder. Delores brushing past the statue as it was something that she had already inspected with great detail. She had scoured this entire place before accepting any scholarships here. Delores swiftly making her way to the classroom, noticing some figures more intimidating than others. her eyes frantically looking away from the giant toward a much cuter, and more docile creature of fur and cuteness.

"My name is Delores, and this is Jenkins Covulsius Jr." She said, introducing herself and her pet, who hissed and caused some venom to drip onto the floor and hiss against the material "The friendly part we are still working on, but I have plenty of antidotes catalogued so nobody should die"

1677827679164.png

1673072197367.png
Matilda walked into the university hall, humming a bit as she tapped her cigarette a moment, exhaling the smoke for a moment as she inspected the statue. She scoffed a moment, wondering why her boss would have married someone so cheesy, but she guessed she didn't know the man personally, so maybe he was more charming in person. But after that thought, she followed the paper in her hands, walking down the halls and looking into the room she was assigned, smiling a bit at those inside the room.

She walked in, immediately sitting down next to Delores, smiling at the girl with a hum. "Well, here we are Dede. You ready for whatever ma' has in store for us here?" She asked kicking her feet up a bit and taking in the other students appearances. She saw there was a boy with a rather large nose, a woman with some major bandokadoinkies and a horn on her head, and a lil sheep gal. Quite the mixed bag.

More students filed into the room over the course of the next ten minutes, until most of the seats were filled up, most keeping to themselves, but a few talking idly as they waited for class to start.

However, as the students were talking amongst themselves, the lights of the room began to flicker, a black mist pouring through the vents as it swirled around the room, starting to make seeing rather difficult, before a blue light pierced the darkness, the smoke shattering away to reveal a tall man with a blue lantern in one hand, and a large silver scythe in the other, before both objects vanished in a puff of smoke.

1672988944118.png
"First lesson dear students, the art of a dramatic entrance!" He said with a smile, before turning to the board behind himself and rapidly writing down the name "Professor Litwile" in purple dry erase, before turning to the class. "My name is Professor Litwile, and I will be your homeroom teacher for this year. Over the course of this year you will all be taught how to refine your quirks further, and how to navigate the criminal underworld to ensure maximum efficiency, but more importantly, your own safety." He said, smiling at his class.

"Now, before we go around doing introductions, are there any questions you all have before we begin?" He asked smiling over his class jovially, sitting down at his desk at the front.

Reo Yamamoto

Reo's eyes went from the newcomer to her strange creature, wrinkling her nose as she watched the venom burn the flooring in the room. "Freaky fuckin pet you got there. I don't think I've ever seen something like that sold at a pet store. Hell, I don't think I've seen anything close to it at zoos." She eyed it for a few more moments before saying, "I would think you should get onto treating it some manners." It wasn't so much of a threat and more of a statement, but Reo was almost certain it would become a threat if any of that venom got on her.

She turned to look at the front of the room as the teacher made his appearance. She slowly lifted her hand and asked, "Teach, do you plan on having us do dramatic entrances to come into class? Because... like, I wouldn't exactly complain. It would be fun. More the fact that... do you want to replace the wall on a daily basis?" She glanced at the wall leading into the room, guessing that a her sized hole would be quite the hassle to fix.​

Luciano Carmine
1678853846029.png

Luciano listened to Reo give him her name, he stared at her before nodding once, " Reo Yamamoto. Very... Memorable. " Luciano stated as he turned his attention elsewhere, losing interest quickly, she looked only like a brute who didn't think with her head and only with her fists. A good book would make her head hurt something awful. He would sit quietly as more people walked in, the most notable was a small sheep girl which to him was very weird especially considering her age but she must have had some sort of great quirk that allowed her to be here. Next would be some gothy woman which caused Luciano to stare momentarily before he turned his attention elsewhere to see some other woman walk in with a cigarette in her mouth then sit down with the other gothy woman. They looked very much alike. Their eyes even met for a moment.

Luciano wondered if they would get started soon, only for a mist to seep into the room, his eyes widened for a moment but saw the two women not react and so it most likely wasn't what he thought. Then a man would present himself in a very dramatic fashion which was quite impressive but kind of unnecessary in his opinion. A dramatic entrance wasn't wise, unless it was a show of terrorism and not a quiet mission. Which didn't align with what Luciano believed. Although he would call himself Professor Litwile, explaining he would be teaching them for this year, refining their quirks, knowing the underworld more. Luciano was interested now, he knew quite a lot about the underworld but if he wanted to teach more, Luciano was willing to know more. Then the question part would come and the rock for brains Reo would ask a ridiculous question which garnered an eye roll from him as he stayed quiet.

1678837661391.png
She had predominantly used animals in her quirk tests; Her mother allowing her only so much freedom with her 'curiosities' and research. Smaragdine was her grandmother in name, but was actually Calypso's grandmother. It took alot of convincing from Delores and Matilda, but eventually they were allowed to live under their great grandmother, Smaragdine. Delores was a calculating girl whom did not show a wealth of emotions, but when it came to study of the body, and it's insides, There was nary a crease in her smile as she stared longingly into viscera of dead things on the side of the road. It caused a rift she could no longer close.

She didn't see the point of being sane in a world that's gone mad.

The conscious light in her eyes snapping back as she returned to the present. Matilda had arrived and the warmth in her bones returned, if barely, squirming in her chair as she gave Jenkins scritches behind his ear. A new boy entering the room with a brooding expression and likely more than a few chips on his shoulder. A handsome one.

"Greetings Tilda, Mother indeed has given us quite the culture shock. A new home with Nana, and an entire university...I am very excited. Jenkins is too"

She said, Jenkins burbling a summation of 'mewls' before crawling along her neck like a scarf before nestling in for a nap, giving a slow nod to Reo as she listened to the larger girl "Jenkins is an old soul that takes time to learn new tricks, but I'll work on it. I've no doubt in the seven seconds it takes the venom to wrack you in grief soaked pain, I will surely be dead" The deadpan of her expressions and words making it difficult to discern the nature of words

"I would love to test this some time, a near death experience is one of my many dreams as a researcher"

The teacher entering with a dramatic entrance, and that was the very subject of today's lesson it seemed. She didn't really do a dramatic anything so she could only imagine how it'd look to try such a thing. "What if there is nothing dramatic about us and we are in fact just a facsimile that we wear to hide the nothing inside?" She droned without a lilt in her voice in either direction of pitch

Chizuru
Chizuru.jpg

Chizuru listened to the big girl talk to her, smiling and swinging her legs as she did so. She knew the girl would be nice, she was glad she made the decision to sit here. Then another girl entered, with a... cat?... on her arm. Chizu had never seen a cat like that before. She wanted to pet it. Releasing one of her hands from her stuffed sheep she pointed at it and rocked restlessly in her chair. She looked at the girl next to her and excitedly signed the word cat over and over again, while the other two conversed. It was frustrating only being able talk with your hands when so few people understood you. She watched as the new girl sat down, wondering what else she might see today.

A second later the door opened and a girl smoking a cigarette stepped in. She didn't like the smell of smoke. She'd have to avoid her in the future.

Mist began to fill the room before a man who would introduce himself as their teacher appeared suddenly. He seemed friendly as well. The last bit of her nervousness began to wear off. She would do her best to make her family proud of her.

tq9PlOm.jpg
Yasashi MononokeLuck was never a friend to Yasashi, but this was a reality he had learned to accept long ago. When he woke up half an hour later than he should have, all he could do was laugh. "Of all days." He chuckled before rushing out of bed. It was his first day at Red Water University and he wanted to leave a good impression with his future colleagues. Grabbing his hoodie and backpack from the floor, Yasashi ran like his life depended on it. As far as he new, it could have been and he wouldn't be surprised given what he hoped on learning.

Being the physical specimen that he was Yasashi, he was out of breather sooner than he expected. Slowing down and trying to catch his breath, he found himself in front of the school's founder.

Yasashi had heard rumors of the man's exploits but didn't really know much about him. But for some strange reason, Yasashi felt a familiarity with the man they called Ryuiki. Attributing it to probably just admiration of some kind, Yasashi set such thoughts aside and continued to make his way to class.

He knew he was late, but he believed that it was definitely better than not showing up at all. Though a bit sweaty, Yasashi collected himself and calmed down before making his way in.

A gentle knock preceded his entrance, and with a grin he apologized. "Good morning, everyone. I hope you can pardon my tardiness. It won't happen again." Yasashi bowed while scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

Mentions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI | Silent Angel Silent Angel | Skyhunter Skyhunter | StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal | NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom | Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Last edited:
1672988944118.png
The teacher laughed a bit at Reo's question, before gesturing just a bit to said wall. "By all means, we have the means to repair it without any cost. Though, I'm sure she'll not be too pleased with her 'Artistic Talents' being used on wall repair." He said with a smile, standing in front of the class, turning and noticing the latest addition to their roster, before smiling a bit. "Ah, no worries Yasashi. Class was only just beginning." He said, gesturing for the boy to take a seat.

He turned to the rest of the class, beginning to listen to their questions as they came. He listened to the question from the girl with makeup, chuckling a bit. He supposed he signed up for this kind of edginess when he volunteered to teach villains, but nonetheless, it was his job to answer those questions.
"No worries Delores, you'll find rather soon that there is something underneath everyone, even that question of yours had a bit of a dramatic flare, even if you may not realize it." He poised the statement towards her, chuckling a bit.

"Now, some of you may be wondering what the point of a dramatic entrance is. And that is a simple answer, it is to instill panic into your foes. After all, when I appeared, any one of you could have been struck down and would not have defended yourselves. Now of course I understand that there a multitude of factors that you did not react, such as this being a safe place, but the concept still holds strong in practical application." He explained, marking a few things down on his whiteboard behind himself, a few notes regarding what he was saying for students to remember should they choose.

1673072197367.png
"Y'know Dede, I don't think ma' would want you killin yerself." She said with a deadpan expression, watching the tabby cat with a bit of a raised eyebrow. "Have you even potty trained that thing yet? I love ya sis but I'm not sleeping in the same room as something that will piss on my clothes. He only just got to the point where he won't try to bite me." She said, frowning as she took a toke of her cigarette, taking stock of what their instructor was saying, not really sure how she would make a dramatic entrance with a quirk like hers, but she could always try.

She glanced around at the big woman with muscles talking about breaking a wall, wondering why she would want to do something like, figuring she must have some kind of destruction or physical based quirk for a question like that, but then again most people could resort to an entrance as simple as breaking a wall when she thought about it.

tq9PlOm.jpg

Yasashi MononokeYasashi was surprised. He expected a bit more judgment, if not anger or annoyance, directed at him at his sudden arrival, but he was proven wrong. "And here I was expecting the worse." He playfully thought to himself. Pleased with the lenience he was shown, Yasashi made his way to the back of the room, gently bowing and smiling at the sea of faces he would eventually need to familiarize.

As he sat down, Yasashi couldn't help but notice the stark contrast between their instructor and the rest of the class. While he appeared kind and understanding, as you would expect from a teacher, everyone else felt fierce. It was as if any of them could beat Yasashi up just because they felt like it. Well, everyone except the little girl that looked like a sheep. Hopefully, she was someone Yasashi could befriend. However, these were nothing more but random thoughts. Yasashi knew that it would be foolish to judge others based on their looks alone. He had fallen victim to such mistakes once, and definitely would like to avoid having to repeat it again.

"Professor Litwelle." Eager for some morning interaction, Yasashi raised a hand, trying to draw the attention of their homeroom teacher before continuing to speak. "What about those with quirks that aren't as flashy? If it turns out too forced, wouldn't that have the oppositve effect?"

Last edited:
Reo Yamamoto

Reo raised an eyebrow at the response, deciding slowly realizing that she was in a madhouse. She let out a small sigh before, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the sheep girl using what she could guess was sign language, a small grimace passing over her face. Most likely none of the folks really knew sign language, meaning this girl wasn't in the best position. She went into her bag, pulling out her spiral notebook and a pen, reaching over and placing it on the girl's desk. "I don't think anyone here can understand you like that. Use this." She glanced down at her bag, noting that was her only one. But hell, didn't matter too much to her. It wasn't like she was here to learn to get smarter, if the teach could actually instruct her like that. She was here to train more than anything. She blinked before tapping on the notebook. "And how bout the first thing you write be your name, so I know what to call you? Write it in big letters so it's easier to show others, almost like a sign. And I would get a marker for the future so the letters are bolder."

She glanced back at her teacher, hearing his explanation, a deadpan expression passing over her face. "So should we attack anyone who makes a dramatic entrance? Because I feel like the only way to overcome that little issue is either beat the person making an entrance senseless or just getting behind something until you know you're in the clear. And I'm not exactly the type to duck and cover." She paused for a moment before saying, "And also, I would say it shouldn't be just to instill panic at the time. If you make a dramatic entrance when nobody knows who you are, people will just look at you like a moron. I mean, they'll probably do that for me anyways, but still. The dramatic entrance needs to be a part of your person and public image. It's like... what is it that heroes do?" She paused, tapping her finger on her chin as she stared up at the roof, thinking. Finally, she snapped her fingers as she came up with the word. "Branding! That's it. I always thought a good villain needs their own branding, just like heroes, so when they make a dramatic entrance, there isn't just the surprise factor, but the fear factor that mixes together to make panic. It feels like too many villains are one and done, they don't have any longevity when it comes to how intimidating they are. Where are the old comic book villains who keep popping up for heroes to fight? Really, it's a dying breed." She nodded to herself, as if agreeing with the words coming out of her mouth. While she wasn't exactly the type to talk a lot, she couldn't help but feel like she needed to... defend herself, maybe? Slowly, she leaned back in her chair, her eyes moving back down to the sheep girl, waiting for the name of the one sitting to her side.​

Chizuru
Chizuru.jpg

Mentions: Silent Angel Silent Angel NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
Chizu smiled at her seat neighbor, taking the writing implements from her and beginning to work on writing her name. She had learned how to write her name, but she still wasn't great at it over all. As she wrote she listened to what the teacher was saying. Making a dramatic entrance to instill panic. She had never really made anyone scared before. Well, not on purpose. The scientists in the lab were all scared of her. They panicked a lot when she talked. Maybe that was the key to her dramatic entrance. But she wasn't supposed to talk. Papa had worked hard to teach her how to communicate without talking. But the whole reason she was here was to learn to use her powers effectively. She'd have to talk eventually. Maybe she could talk a little bit? She finished up the last of the letters on the paper and slid it to the girl next to her, smiling. C H I Z U.

1679442940218.png
Delores thought about the teacher's response, chewing over the vernacular she used. She didn't think words could make such an impact upon an entrance...but perhaps she was wrong. It was a new line of thinking for her and she would only add it to the lateral thinking puzzles she quietly enjoyed. She would have to come up with on of these 'entrances'.

Del cocking her head as Matilda complained again about her latest favorite pet project. Jenkins a cat of a completely different breed only a year ago. Her nights often spent experimenting on him with her quirk so this certainly wasn't the first time they had this discussion. Del was always listening, but it was just a matter retaining what was important to her.

"Tilda, no great scientist existed without risking their own life a few times" She said, a ghost of a smile perking on her paled skin "Don't worry about the urine issue, I gave him a golden retriever's obedience so it's just of matter of that and his boomslang DNA...getting along" Her eyes coming alive once more as she spoke of her experiments, hands fidgeting as her puff balled tails swayed erratically.

The question and suggestions from the other students sparking some interesting as she listened more intently "I suspect quirks without pomp will require creativity on the villain's part" She added to Yasashi' point

"We do not have the restrictions they do, so why not take advantage of that? even in an entrance? The Giantess is correct in her assessment; just like a hero's moves bring relief and joy, ours should freeze their blood and recall our abilities and likeness in despair"

Reo Yamamoto

Reo looked at the paper, a smile playing over her lips as she read it. "Chizu, huh? Cute name for a cute girl. I'm Reo. Reo Yamamoto. It's a pleasure meeting you, Chizu." She pulled out a pencil she had, writing her own name right under the other girl's, before moving her hand down and giving the girl's comparably small hand a shake. She looked the girl up and down, deciding that even if the others were... interesting, she could always help this kid be the best villain she could be. She lifted up a hand, ruffling the girl's hair, noting how soft and fluffy it was. She definitely would have to do that more.

With that thought, she turned and looked at the lady with the freaky pet, who seemed to be talking to a sibling. Personally, yeah, it should cause people to panic, but if she was making people despair at her entrance in ways that weren't the amount of property damage they would have to deal with, in her mind there would be issues. But she was sure that was what other villains wanted, so she wouldn't argue the point... Instead she just looked down at Chizu. "I can help you with ideas of dramatic entrances, if you want. Might be hard to make someone as adorable as you terrifying, but we might be able to manage... I don't suppose you would be up to giving me an idea of your quirk?" To be honest, she didn't care about the fact that they were talking in class. It was a villain school, after all. A bit of rebellion was a good thing.​

Chizuru
Chizuru.jpg

Mentions: Silent Angel Silent Angel

Chizu gripped her seat and kicked her legs in her chair as Reo talked to her, smiling as Reo ruffled her hair. She was glad she had made a friend so fast. She looked at Reo's name on the paper and practiced it in sign language a few times to help her remember. Chizu nodded smiling as Reo offered to help her make her dramatic entrance. But when she asked for a hint on Chizu's quirk, she wasn't sure what to do. She thought for a moment, before taking the notebook and laying it like a tent on the desk. She then mimed talking and knocked the notebook over with her hand. It really was the kind of thing that was easier to show than explain. She wondered if Reo had gotten the point.

Luciano Carmine
1679535126127.png

Luciano witnessed a new student to join them in this very bland subject, she had red skin with horns, replicating a demon or the devil himself. His attention would move back to Litwelle as he sat quietly and watched this subject go on, he found this information very useless. Why did an entrance matter? Dramaticism did not matter to Luciano, unless it was coming in and driving the actual fear into people such as executing people. Fear is what should drive an entrance, if necessary, otherwise, this was pointless. Luciano suddenly spoke up randomly, " Why does a dramatic entrance matter, Professor? " Luciano stared at Litwelle with serious look. " I don't see a need for such a thing if we are on a clear objective. Shouldn't we actually learn something actually useful then something such as theatrics? " Luciano asked, he tried to sound as respectful as possible, but he knew most likely his question sounded very rude. " Wouldn't lessons in combat and subterfuge be what we ought to learn? Rather than revealing ourselves to be seen by a hero and give them an opportunity to do what heroes do? "

" And if we are to reveal ourselves to the heroes in a dramatic fashion, wouldn't a simple execution of a hero do the job? " Luciano asked, he was more in sneaky tactics if needed. This sounded more useful for terrorism if needed. With the other just freely following the subject, he found that too... Idiotic. They weren't questioning the subject itself, this in itself could be a test, to see how willing they would be to obey without question. He could be wrong for all he knew, but still. This was a ridiculous subject to just sit through and gobble up quietly.

tq9PlOm.jpg

Yasashi MononokeIf he was being honest, Yasashi did not have high expectations for that class he was in. When he was told that he'd be attending an academy with other would-be villains, he was expecting to be surrounded by your typical no-named meatheads and grunts. You know, just random faces that he could just step on to get ahead in life. Surprisingly, he was proven wrong. Well, at least for now. Though there were only a handful of them in their class, most of them looked like they had decent heads on their shoulders.

Though some brought up interesting points on how they could capitalize on how they would make their presence known to the general public, there were a few who had different plans. The idea of subterfuge was something he could get along with, but as soon as the idea of killing heroes was brought up, Yasashi couldn't help but chuckle. Though he found it amusing, Yasashi was a bit jealous that others could consider such things as actual options. Him on the other hand believed that he lacked the capabilities to pull off anything of the like.

"Personally, I usually prefer keeping a low profile." Yasashi smirked, baring his jagged fangs. "It's easier to mess with civilians when they aren't expecting it."

Reo Yamamoto

She gave the small girl a grin. "Ah, your voice blows things away? Guessing that's why you can't really talk much." She leaned over and ruffled her hair once more. "Don't worry, kid. I'm sure there's someone here that can make you something to let you talk without attacking the person you're talking to. I would do it, but... well, I ain't much of a thinker. I prefer breaking electronics over making 'em." She shrugged before her eyes snapped to the dude in the jacket, her eyebrows slowly raising as she sat in total amazement at his answer.

"Wow. Just... wow. You know, I am truly amazed. I didn't think that we had an aspiring serial killer on our hands." She sighed before saying, "So, first off, branding is, in fact, very important because if a person's scared, they'll make mistakes while fighting you, or just not fight you at all and instead, run. But killing shouldn't be your go to right off the bat, moron. If you do that, then every fucking hero in the city will come down on your ass every single time you show your face. It would have the opposite effect of what a good entrance should do. Sure, it'll strike fear into peoples hearts, and it'll make people run away, but in five minutes of you being there, hell, probably even less time, you'll have quadruple the number of heroes there to take you down, and if you've made your name as a hero killer, once you're caught, you won't get shoved in the places where it's easy, or hell, even feasible to break out. One of two things will happen. Either you'll get an expedited death penalty and your career will be quick and go out with a whimper, or they'll send you to the deepest, darkest hole they can find and let you rot there, making sure there is no way in hell that you could escape, and even if you could, it would cause so much trouble that nobody would try and help you because they'd be likely to get screwed in the process."

She shook her head, glancing out the window as she continued, stating, "There's a reason people have been acting like this for decades, hell, maybe even a century. It's because if you make a slip up, you don't want it to be the last one you ever make. Everyone makes mistakes. Not being known as a hero killing bastard means you're more likely to be able to make more mistakes in the future. That is the reason why we learn about dramatic entrances. Because if a person thinks killing a hero means a dramatic entrance, they won't be making too many more entrances after that. Just like heroes, villains have a line to straddle, normally. Hell, if you're strong enough, you don't really have to care about where that line is, but until then, learn it before you make a fool of yourself." She wasn't sure why she was getting heated, but... it was like, in the back of her mind, she had a picture of what a villain should be. A foil for heroes. And a person who did their best to break that was not only likely to get themselves screwed over, but others who worked with them, and if the two of them were going to be in the same organization, she wouldn't get dragged down by someone being too murder happy.​

Luciano Carmine
1679679698350.png

Luciano looked over to the red skinned fellow, they were somewhat agreeing with him, although it sounded like he preferred scaring civilians than actually dealing with threats on his level. Although the meathead that was Reo spoke up, just like her abrasive attitude, she would react to what he had just said in a rather belligerent manner, she definitely had no qualms on honesty which Luciano liked and respected. But it seemed that her teeny tiny pea sized brain couldn't under what he was actually asking and instead it dissolved into a angry rant of sorts. Not too far off from the type of person she has shown herself to be.

Luciano was somewhat of a killer already which she didn't know, he was in the mob from Italy, his father being the head of the Carmine Crime Family until they were infiltrated and all arrested, after all and had killed a few people. Which are now in the ground long forgotten or in cans of beans somewhere in the world. So she was somewhat correct. " Hmm, I guess planning isn't your strong suit it seems. You prefer to bash your way through and let your fists do the talking. I'm sure that fits your, uh, stature and attitude. And lack of brain. " Luciano stated with a raised eyebrow. " But my question was merely a question. A suggestion if you would. Now, if you're not the teacher of this class, I suggest you quit with your annoying rants and let the Professor here teach me in why I'm wrong if I am wrong. " Luciano stated calmly with a blank expression on his face now. He was trying to learn, didn't mean he couldn't just ask questions if they seemed fit. It felt like to him to be a good one. She might be a problem in the future, he reckoned.

1672988944118.png
It was here, seeing tensions rise in his class that the professor chose to speak. He was glad at least his class was engaged with one another, unlike most classes where they would sit silently even when he asked them to split into discussion groups. He simply smiled a bit, a bit of the black mist waving through the room from him to catch everyone's attentions. "Now now, no need to get aggressive with one another. Even if I expect that from my student-base, it's something I prefer to avoid. Reo has a point Luciano. It takes someone with a particular set of skills to make a reputation as a hero killer and not get caught within their first kills. The Red River higher ups even don't kill heroes unless absolutely necessary. The only villains who are still out there that make a reputation killing heroes that I can think of off the top of my head, is One Eyed Rabbit Lucky, and Pinstripe Snare. Neither of which are particularly savory individuals." He said, giving the titles of the villains given by the wanted lists from what he could recall, knowing the boy would probably know about Snare from the reports he had of his students. He knew the name would leave a bad taste in the boys mouth, but it was worth showing him the type of people who were hero killers. Not the type of people you want to emulate, for sure.

"As for villain branding, you're correct. Having a reputation can make things much easier. However, if you do things wrong, it can make things much much harder. I will use my previous two examples. Snare, as many of you may know, is known for his rather disgusting practices, making him a high target for heroes, anywhere he shows himself, he will be set upon instantly, and most civilians will do a desperate strike at him, as typically he kills those regardless of whether they behave or not. On the flipside, we have the One Eyed Rabbit. With a more professional and easygoing reputation, most civilians won't cause trouble, as they don't believe he'll kill them if they simply do as they are told. This also typically results in smaller heroes not wanting to deal with him, seeing as his targets are typically high profile heroes, they most often don't think they can take him." He gave his example of the two hero killers, showing how branding could affect civilians actions towards a villains as well. However, he turned towards the whiteboard, starting to write down a few titles. First, was Serialist, then came Professional, then was Mobster, then came thug, and then lastly there was harmless/comedic.

"Now, over my years, I have come to categorize villains into 5 main archetypes. There are of course outliers, but these are our main groups. Serialists, are the group which kill for the sake of doing so, and are often the highest targets for heroes. Snare falls under here. Professionals are those who are in it because they're good at it. Lucky is in this category, as well as our own leader Ryuiki. Then we have mobster, people who seek comradery and cash, most of our members are here. Then there is your common drug store robber or protection racket, the thug. And lastly, we have the ones that heroes don't really care about much, typically only the smaller ones giving them a swat on the wrist. Mirage, and you Reo, fall under this category. Your damages typically only lead to property damage most of the time, and some annoyance, but no one is ever truly hurt. Any questions class?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back