• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Dawn of Justice] Opposites Attract

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
Tokyo, Japan
1679291280639.png

1679292969575.pngIt was a new sensation and one Kaori was sure she would never forget; traveling through a portal from one unknown location to another was not something everyone got to do after all. But as she came through to the other side she heard them sound of a commotion rising up behind her. The clanking of metal and the voices of disgruntled people played like an orchestra. 'Ah the noise of the city.' The fox thought to herself. When she turned around she saw a pile up of people, pedestrians who had likely been distracted by the portal that dropped her off here. At the bottom of the pile was what seemed to be a metallic person, but that wasn't such a strange ight in this day and age.

No what really caught the fox's eye were the numerous bags and wallets lying around unattended. "Like candy from a baby." Liquid chimed with a growing smile on her face. Without a second thought she moved closer to the group and her arms extended out of her white kimono sleeves to quickly start collecting the wallets and purses of the distracted people. her tail wagged happily behind her while she pretended to help someone up, but was really picking his pockets. "I'm glad you're okay sir." She said softly to the man, although despite her helping the man up he shot her a dirty look, warranted by her many tattoos.

One of her hands extended to Rhis' side as she patted his legs looking for pockets. 'Great, no pockets on this guy.' She thought top herself as he arm recoiled. "There you go ma'am, are you alright?" The fake sympathy she offered was nauseating to see and hear, but Kaori kept up her good samaritan act.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

sLBHcWs.png

Akane HiwofukuNeeding to build up her stamina, Akane would go running through the city. She wasn't used to how overcrowded it was, but there was nothing she could do about it. During one of her jogs, Akane could spot from a distance a crowd of civilians that were larger than usual. Most of the time, it only meant two things.

"Something good or something bad." She thought to herself as she pocked her earphones. Her meddling nature urged her to find out, forcing her to pick up her pace and run. To Akane's surprise, there wasn't much to see. There were people on the ground and some personal belongings scattered around. Though curious with what took place, Akane knew she couldn't idly stand by and just watch. There were others who had the same idea, which made Akane not hesitate to help out.

Making her way through the crowds of bystanders, Akane approached the downed individuals, offering her hand to help them get back to their feet.

"Are you okay?" Akane asked a tall metallic man. Her expression was stern, but she was genuinely concerned. "What happened here?"

Summary: Saw Kaori "helping" out; approached Rhis.

Solaris Downer
1671854328967.png
Rhis had been caught off guard by the blue ring that appeared in the alleyway, and had moved to look into it as a hero he was, but he accidentally caused a bit of a foot traffic jam. However, for the most part things were okay, except for a few cracks on the ground from his weight hitting the ground like that. He stood up, towering over everyone there, staring at the fox woman who had come out of the portal, having felt her hand on him quite a few times. Most people wouldn't feel it, however, since she was making contact with his skin, he felt it quite easily. Something he didn't bring up but was sadly true is that he had no clothes because his quirk made it impossible for him to wear them.

"....Who are you?" He asked, a bit of a metallic thrum to his voice as he looked down at the small fox woman. He would have asked faster, but he was a shy boy in social circumstances, though the metal drum of his voice didn't put that across very easily. His yellow eyes stared at her own in the dark once a majority of the pedestrians had left. However, then the imp came along as well, though he didn't take his attention off the fox woman, not wanting her to slink away if he turned his attention away from her. She had come out of that portal and he knew it, he just needed to know what was going on.

"I am alright. There was a simple trip and people piled up a bit." He said, not trying to be curt, simply wanting to tell her what she asked without cluttering it with any unnecessary information, worried that might annoy her.

Liquid Fox
1679451569859.png

Kaori had been busy concealing her ill gotten goods on her person; stuffing them into her kimono or hiding them inside her belt, when she heard the unusual voice of the metallic boy. Her yellow gaze swept from Hiwofuku as she made her approach, to the tall figure standing before her now. Without those people piled on top of him like that he was much larger, so much so it was hard to discern his age. "They sure do grow 'em big where you come from don't they?" The fox teased while she pulled her kimono up on her shoulders and her tail started to wag behind her.

"I was just passing by when I saw the accident and thought I might be able to help. Probably much like your friend there." She said as she pointed lazily to Hiwofuku on the other side of him. "Are you ok? It must've been very uncomfortable to be down there." The last thing Kaori wanted was to linger around her with these two and potentially be discovered, so she needed to make her quick exit.

"Perhaps you can call the authorities or see him to the clinic?" Her head tilted slightly to the side as her eyes went back to the other girl.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Foolish Heart Foolish Heart

sLBHcWs.png

Akane HiwofukuThe moment Akane tried to lend a helping hand, she realized that she wasn't helping much. "What is this guy made of?" She thought to herself after immediately noticing how heavy Rhis was. She assumed it was some kind of quirk but didn't pay too much attention to it. Seeing as he was relatively alright, Akane chose not to pry further on the specifics of what had happened. She was just there to offer some assistance, nothing more.

While Akane tried to help Rhis get up, opposite to her, a friendly bystander decided to give her a hand. Not being the friendliest of individuals, Akane wasn't planning to start a conversation with her, but after being referred to as Rhis' friend, Akane was caught off guard and suddenly spoke. "O-oh." She stuttered. "We aren't friends." Akane looked away, avoiding eye contact with both Kaori and Rhis. "I'm just a random stranger." She didn't have many friends, so she didn't feel it was right to just accept being labelled as one.

Though Rhis did appear fine, Akane didn't feel it was right to just leave him. As large and heavy as he was, she still found him on the ground. Whatever took place, it was enough to knock someone of Rhis' stature down. So once Kaori suggested to bring him to a station or a clinic, Akane couldn't help but agree.

"I think the lady is right. If you don't want to go to the police, at least you could visit a clinic. There's one not to far from here." As much as the introvert in her was telling her to walk away and just leave him be, Akane couldn't help but offer herself once again. "I could show you. I was on the way anyway."

Solaris Downer
1671854328967.png
Rhis stared at the woman before him, his glowing yellow eyes peering from under his metal horn, narrowing just a bit. She wasn't passing by, she had come out of that portal. But he thought that she might have her reasons for lying, so he didn't want to confront her right away. Instead he silently watched the two girls talk, his imposing form blotting out the street light behind him for Liquid. "Thank you for the compliment ma'am." He said when she addressed his size, simply taking it as a compliment, scratching the side of his face and glancing to the side, but keeping his eyes on her.

"I am fine without medical attention. Thank you for the offer." He said, speaking formally and with a bit of slowness to his tone due to Japanese being a learned language for him that he was still new to. "I am perhaps more concerned about you." He said, staring at Liquid, seemingly unwilling or perhaps unable to blink. "You are perhaps bumped after your... fall." He said, trying to hint to her that he knew without sounding threatening, but his metallic rumble didn't lend well to this.

Liquid Fox
1679760851252.png

These were perhaps two of the weirdest people she could have come across, and part of her was grateful for that. So far neither of them had seen her stealing from the other people on the street and although the big guy seemed to be aware of her arrival her, that bit was incriminating. "Why must boys always be so difficult?" She teased as Rhis protested a trip to the clinic. "I'm totally fine, just a little fun with..." She pondered for a moment while attempting to come up with a good lie that wouldn't cause the giant to continue asking questions. "...my friend's quirk. He's still no master yet unfortunately." She declared in a humorous tone of voice. kaori put her hands on her hips while she laughed, the fake tone filling the air.

Sadly, that stance loosened her obi just a little and two wallets clattered to the ground at her feet. "Oops, clumsy me." The fox tried to be as nonchalant as possible about the accident as she reached down to pick them up, but the sound of money and other wallets clinking about resonated from her kimono as she moved. "It has been nice talking to you guys. but I should get back to my friends." Liquid Fox picked up both wallets and stuffed them back into her obi. She didn't waste any time making her exit, turned away from them both and starting down the block.

Then voices would ring out from among the crowded street. "Hey has anyone seen my wallet?"

"My car keys are missing!"

"My wallet's gone too!"

Kaori kept her cool as people started to panic once more, doing her best to blend into the traffic.

Foolish Heart Foolish Heart NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Solaris Downer
1671854328967.png
Rhis began to look as the fox woman dropped wallets while walking away, his eyes narrowing silently, his massive body following after the fox woman, his massive metal form making the stone crack beneath his feet as he ran towards her, realizing what she had likely done, starting to run after the thief, his body making him head and shoulders above the crowd, allowing him to walk towards and keep track of the fox woman, his voice speaking not because of how it would startle those around if he tried to call out for her to stop, which would inevitably cause issues.

Liquid Fox
1679760851252-png.1075510

Kaori's ears could hear the large, cumbersome man still stomping around behind her, but she had managed to put some distance between the two of them, as well as pedestrians who had seen her face. Whatever his intentions, she was sure they did not align with her own, but outrunning a guy like that would be no problem for her.

Perhaps she could have a little fun with him and if not, she'd make a clean escape. Her right arm cocked back and then as she threw it upward it left her kimono's sleeve, stretching upward into the air. Her pale arm looped around the brackets of a neon sign and started to pull the fox up into the air. Her eyes went to Rhis, a smug grin formed upon her face. "Sayonara big guy." The kitsune taunted while waving a stolen wallet in her hand.

She landed atop the neon sign, several onlookers watching her, but then the sign creaked and started to buckle. "Ah!." The sign caught her by surprise, falling from the building with Kaori in tow. The pedestrians below quickly scattered like rats trying to avoid the falling debris.

Solaris Downer
1671854328967.png
Rhis saw her start to move, stretching her arm out to reach the sign as he calmly stepped towards her. No matter how much he wanted to move fast, he couldn't otherwise he might trample or knock over someone with his massive size and weight. However, then she pulled herself to the sign, the boy standing beneath her, seeing her wave the wallet, proving his suspicions correct. However, then the sign began to fall, an idle hum coming from the boy as he run over to where she was falling, catching the sign before it hit the ground, looking up at Kaori as one of his hands reached up and lifted her up to take advantage of her dazed state. He put the sign to the side, before holding her up in both arms, inadvertently putting her in a more princess style carry.

He kept her there in the carry, looking at her calmly, his metal voice rumbling out from him. "Are you alright?" He asked, more concerned for her for the time being considering the fall she just had, wanting to make sure she was safe. Even if she was a thief, people had reasons for stealing more often than not, and typically it was because they were on hard times. He was to keep people from stealing, but he couldn't bring himself to judge someone who just wanted to survive.

Liquid Fox
1679760851252-png.1075510
Kaori gasped lightly when was caught, feeling her breath leave her when she landed in the metallic arms of the young hero in training. The pedestrians on the street started to gather around, inspecting the sign that had fallen and the boy who had stopped it. "Well done...er...sir?" An older man said to Rhis with clear uncertainty. All that metal and the sound of his voice made it hard to discern the age of the hero. Several more bystanders started to applaud and praise Rhis for his heroism.

The young thief looked around, somewhat confused and somewhat angry about the glory that the people on the street heaped upon Rhis. "Might get the key to the city after this." Kaori mocked before she rolled out of Rhis' arms and landed perfectly on her feet. She stood up and straightened up her appearance as best she could, save for a few stray hairs that she'd missed on the back of her head. "Are you gong to arrest me?" The fox asked as her right foot moved back and turned outward, physically preparing to run.

Solaris Downer
1671854328967.png
Rhis slowly looked at the girl in his arms, watching her get out of them as he hummed a bit, looking to the elderly man. "No problem." He said simply, before looking at the kitsune in his arms. "Sure." He gave an idle response to her, not really sure what to do with her key to the city comment, before he stood at his full height, looking down at her with his massive form. He idly lifted the sign to his mouth, opening his mouth as a grey tongue rolled out, before he took a massive bite out of the sign.

Several points on his body turned Red hot, before he exhaled, steam leaving his body as he looked at her.
"No. But I will ask for the wallets back. Thieves often have reasons for stealing, but if it is money you need, I can give you what I have. The random people on the street shouldn't pay for what I can pay instead." He said, his metal voice rumbling as he looked down at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back