• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Dawn of Justice] Hospital Visit

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Mustafu General Hospital

eed8191a10a1a2beb74a3526a2d2344d.jpg

The sound of beeps were a constant background noise to the hero as she laid in the hospital bed. While she felt fine, the doctors required her to stay a few days straight just to monitor her and make sure there weren't any unforseen side effects to the poison that had wracked her body so badly, as well as to make sure she didn't strain herself before her body was completely healed. She often had quite a few visitors, but at the moment, her room was empty, the time being between Lunch and after work, which was most likely why her visitor chose this time to arrive.

Jezebel Itami

Jezebel (1).jpg

Jezebel walked through the hallway, happy that her badge showing that she was a higher up in the Hero Association was enough to get them to direct her towards the object of a small amount of annoyance for her recently. She thought over the hero, and her one, or one and a half, times actually meeting her in her alternate identity, thinking that, although simple, she did seem much better than the run of the mill hero nowadays. But more importantly, with her job, she was sure she would end up running into her again down the line while not in her normal identity, and when dealing with someone like howl, known for their amazing sense of smell, that would definitely be a problem. Better to nip it in the bud now than let it fester and explode in the future.

Eventually she found the room, stepping in and, once she made sure that there was nobody in the room outside of the two of them, and checking to make sure there weren't any sort of cameras watching, she closed the door behind her. She strode across the room, right up to one of the chairs positioned close to the bed, before taking her seat. Her eyes glanced over the girl, but it was more of a cursory glance than anything actually searching for issues. She could tell using her power that the worst the wolf girl was dealing with were some aches, nothing major. Once she did her checks, she said, simply, "Good afternoon, Howl. Do you know who I am?" It was a simple question, but one that she could pass off as her being a part of the hero association, having seen Howl a few times while on the job, having to deal with the festivals, students doing their tests and showmanship to get their provisional licenses, ect. But it also would tell her if she was right about Howl being able to guess from her smell who she really was, thus showing if she was right to approach now instead of getting sought out at one of those more public events.​

1677661876611.png
The Huntress Hero, Howl
Sasha looked up at the roof often, being the only thing she could comfortably look at. her eye swiveling from the popcorn kernals on the ceiling, toward constant worried faces from the friends and family she had grown to care about among The Pack and hero society. It was difficult to handle praise when it felt bittersweet. She enjoyed a good fight, but never stopped to consider anything beyond that. It was even more difficult to contemplate and not feel jittery...like a weapon that couldn't turn off.

She was sedated and fortunately her physical wounds had been minimal, so it wasn't difficult to catch her at the right time. Her slight dilated and fierce blue eye meeting jazabel's. There wasn't recognition until her nose caught her scent. An almost instinctual quirk of her head followed by a smile likely caught Jezebel off guard.

"You are good with words, da? Call me Sasha. How can dis one...say sorry? er...sorry"

She was still learning to people.

Last edited:
Jezebel Itami

Jezebel (1).jpg

Jezebel raised an eyebrow, but gave a small nod. "I forgive you. To be honest... I should probably apologize as well." She breathed in and out. "To be honest, I'm good with words in a business capacity, but I don't do well opening up to others, so be warned beforehand. I'm sure you and your partner got a good idea of how I tend to talk outside of work." She gave a small shrug, remembering how harshly she had treated them. She knew that they were trying to do what they thought was right, and following their gut, but in that scenario, when tensions were high, she couldn't help but let how she felt out.

"To be honest, you did help me out there. I was gonna have to get the police involved, and better they deal with someone they trust than... someone like me." She slowly brought up a hand, rubbing the back of her neck as she thought about it. "I also probably should have let someone know about it beforehand, but I didn't trust the cops. I felt like something like this would happen if I did, or that they wouldn't exactly trust my info. Hell, I only found out about the drop a week ago, and that was after some back breaking work. I guess I felt like... I couldn't exactly trust others." She gave a somewhat bitter laugh. "Turns out what I was worried about happened anyways..."

She slowly leaned closer, her arms on her knees as she looked into the wolf girl's eyes, before bringing up a hand and flicking her on the nose. "Anyways, you're gonna get me dinner sometime as payment for that." She slowly leaned back into her chair once more, before stating, "Anyways, I have something that I need to ask you. Outside of... that stuff, I'm the manager for licensing at the hero association. Hell, I had been working there a few years when your application came in. I saw you fight, and thought you were out to be a hero to let out urges or something of the sort, and the way you marketed yourself didn't really help. But I heard you yell in the fight, and it piqued my interest. Now, H- Sasha." She fixed her with a piercing glare, as if examining her, making sure everything she said was the truth, almost judging her. "Why did you become a hero? I know you're not the best with talking, but if you say anything, answer that."

Last edited:
c1d0336be91171a65779c039e284ad3d.jpg
The Huntress Hero, Howl
She had come from such a different background, and yet felt such weight from the woman sat across from her. It was the same woman who helped in the fight that landed her in this hospital, sore, but alive. She must have seen much in her time to feel such a way, something she often felt in the midst of people and their treacherous schemes against eachother. Her apology in return surprising Sasha for a moment. She hadn't even expected one.

"Our work is hard, and even harder to do alone. Dis is what I got for alone" She said with a chuckle, thumbing her busted and scarred eye.

"Vigilante too confusing, if you are in it to save people, hero is much simple, da?" She asked with a brimming grin.

Sasha wrinkled her nose as it was flicked, Dinner? A neuron in her brain firing.

"I don't want kids to suffer the way I did...the way we did. I fight for them. If you reach out, I will grab your hand everytime"

Jezebel Itami

Jezebel (1).jpg

Jezebel chuckled as she listened to the comment. "Well, it might be more simple for others. My situation is more... complicated." She paused tilting her head, looking up at the roof, thinking back on her life. Specifically, the reasons why she never became a hero.

"I wanted to become a hero from a young age. I could have, to be honest with you. I started doing martial arts when that hope was inside me, and to be honest, even if I were quirkless I would have still tried. But my quirk... it isn't suited to be a hero. Or at least, not the hero I would want to be." She slowly looked from the roof to the wolf girl. "You're a good gal. You became a hero to help others. That's what I wanted to do as well. In my mind back then, and even now, a hero should be someone who takes up the mantle not for themselves, but for others. They help people when they need it, and serve as a symbol of hope for those who need it. When you see a hero, what should come to mind is, 'I'm safe now, because they're here to help' My quirk... doesn't exactly have people think that when they see me."

She shrugged her shoulders, deciding that telling Howl wouldn't cause issues. Hell, she wasn't even sure if the gal was smart enough to come up with plans to counter her power. "My power is I get stronger when there is pain. Whether I'm in pain, or people around me, I just grow stronger through it. I can also control it in some ways, but I only found that out a bit later down the line. However, if you're hurting and a person who feeds off your pain shows up, do you think that you would feel hope? Some might, but a good amount, instead, would feel like I would be thriving because of their suffering. But even worse, if they knew I used pain and I got in a fight I wasn't doing well in, some morons might hurt themselves to help me. I genuinely couldn't live with myself if people I was supposed to protect would do that for me, and you know there was no way I could stop people from doing that. So I thought, if I couldn't be a hero, I could help heroes in other ways."

She glanced down at her badge with a small sigh. "I went through the management class at UA. I worked hard, and the main people who were above me in the class were those who had mental based quirks, so I think I did well. I got into the Hero Licensing department at the Hero Association. Horrible mistake, if you ask me. You know the phrase, 'Never meet your heroes?' Well, it was like that. So many heroes I watched become heroes, that I had to process into becoming ones, weren't in it to help others. They were in it for money, or for fame. Heroes nowadays are becoming glorified celebrities, and the fact that they basically will market the shit out of themselves doesn't help. Sure, marketing is good. It helps people understand who to trust, but the going on talk shows and showing off? Trying to be flashy when they first come out so they can get the spotlight on them? It's near moronic. They should be like cops. Not like actors, but you know that so many prefer being the latter over the former. And you know for fucking sure that people who just want the spotlight and aren't in it for helping others, when the going gets tough, they're not going to put it all on the line for others. They're going to look out for themselves, like they had been the entire time up to that point. I worked for years, giving out licenses to people who deserve it, but it feels like so often more people aren't in it for others, but instead themselves. But being able to be a hero, for me, wouldn't work, because right off the bat I wouldn't be able to be the hero I wanted to be. So instead of being a hero, I became a vigilante. I wouldn't have to tell people what my power is so I wouldn't have to deal with the repercussions of what that would entail. It's a cowardly reason, I know, but when it comes down to it, if none of the fuckos becoming heroes are going to be looking out for others, are going to be in the job to help those in need and tell them it's alright, because heroes are here, then I'll do it personally. And hopefully, if they see a vigilante doing their job in a way that is out to help people instead of themselves, I might push at least one person to try and do the same."

Her hands slowly got clenched into fists as she talked, her gaze having slowly dropped to the ground, with the glare in it feeling like it would burn a hole in the tiling at any moment. "I guess it might be a selfish reason as well, and I might be just as bad as them. But... it's better to be selfishly looking out for others than to be selfishly looking out for yourself." She took in a small breath before looking up at wolf. "If you want me to take your hand as a hero, I'm sorry, but I can't do that. But... if you want me to take your hand as Recompense, a vigilante, I would be fine with that."

d33f04b1d4638825d0d65f7299026f3c.jpg
Sasha listened to her explain her side of the society they both were steeped in; Mirroring the difficulties of a young rooskie outsider trying to make it in Japan's hero world. She listened, focusing on Jezebel rather than the constant noise of the hospital. It was an environment she had become comfortable in, since the life of a hero is paved with many hospital visits.

Howl smirking as she mentioned the desire to help people, something that was infectious as a young child watching heroes on the news. She never put too much thought into the reasons hero's do what they do, but hearing it in this fashion made her realize that not everyone wanted to be a hero for the right reasons. Howl leaning forward, cocking her head as she continued and explained her quirk, and how her work changed her perspective on heroes.

"You did what you thought you had to, Same reason I left home. We do not have to be uh...products of...our environment"

She did her best to formulate her words properly; years of concussions and head damage not helping her otherwise dim lit grey matter, but through those years, she had also been surrounded by so many people smarter then her. Incredible men and woman she constantly was surrounded by. She wondered how many of them fought for the same reasons. A bandaged hand resting on Jezebel's shoulder as she smiled, shaking her head slowly.

"I've seen cowards, you aren't them. You told us how you felt, meaning you've been feeling dat way, da? You still saved me from worse than dis" She said, raising her arms for a bit before wincing and letting them back down, but now before clasping one one of her hands, firm but not painfully. "Recompense, The vigilante. Dis I like, but I like dinner better with you better, We'll if you won't owe me soon" She said, winking...or was it a blink? it was difficult to tell, but she laughed regardless, not used to the sudden redness her cheeks becme though discolored from the scars.

Jezebel Itami

Jezebel (1).jpg

Jezebel tilted her head, trying to understand the sentences coming from howl, however difficult it might be. "Well, I'll hold you to it, then." She slowly stood, pulling out a notepad, writing something on it, and handing it to Howl. "My number. Call me if you need me, or whenever you want to have that dinner." If she were to look at the paper, she would find the name "Jezebel" right under the number.

The vigilante started to walk towards the door, calling back, "Good luck on recovering, Sasha. Next time, do me a favor and wear a gas mask." She opened it, stepping out of the room. She had only let herself take an hour or so off work, and most likely would have to get back before any issues arose. Or at least, any issues she couldn't trust her staff with.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back