• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"You... Want me to sleep?"
You ask.

That means you get to go back to the strange place.

"Tell me-" you pause,
"Or gesture I guess."

"Is there a way for me to take things I find there back here with me G?"

You shorted the ghost to a G out of convenience. Name's aren't very important right now.
"you can just shake your head yes or no."
"If it's a yes, I'll try to ask you further."

You smile. If you couldn't you would have to figure out another way.

You are silent for a moment, face controted into a look that could be best described as.

Holy sweet fuck did that actually work holy shit.

Something akin to this.
Dick: Great balls of fire I did magick.
Dick: I FUCKING CAST MAGIC!!!!
Dick: Wait what?
Dick: Oh, shit.
Dick: Lore, lets go for the...
DIck hehe, holy shit!

Indeed, Dick seems about as giddy as a school girl.

He immediately took out his phone and started texting..

Much akin to the previously mentioned school girl.
EM: Status update.
EM: I'm a fucking god damn wizard.
EM: Kinda embarrassing to say the lines that did it but damn it felt good!
EM: Hope I can figure out what to say for the fire cane next.
EM: Legit just said what came to mind like some stupid justice oriented kids show line
EM: Next thing I know I got a lazer shaped hole in my roof.
EM: Alright time to story progress, speak up about any lore shit yea find cause maybe we can find a way to undo all this bullshit.

Alright time to do the thing.

==> Adventure FORTH and do the stuff.

You motion forwards with Medjed, motioning with the cane as you lead the way.
Dick: So then, where should we head next?

==> Right, enough of that.​

Dick seems to be having a great time, and neither of the others have responded, so you reassure yourself that they're both having fun with the game as well.

Leaning over the arm of the sofa, you press your face to the window, trying not to breathe in any of the old cobwebs. Even when you block out the light with your hands, all you can see outside is rain layered on top of darkness, obscuring whatever else might be out there.

For the first time in your life, you're really, properly sick of just hanging out in the shed. And you don't care about the rain, either: you just want some fresh air and to get away from that shadow.

You try the door again.

You stealth roll into the kitchen. It hurts like a bitch, but everything for the past ten or so minutes has, apparently, so you don't really notice. While you stealthily make your way over to the letter, a couple of things cross your mind. That statue back there, if you alchemized it with Luci, would Luci grow to like, normal human size? Would she be, like, a full person-sized statue-plushie-ghost fusion of Faith Connors? What if you used a human sacrifice? What if you used yourself? Would it be like, a split personality thing? Or would you form one Lucadia?

You pull out your phone to consult Dick on the matter, but end up discarding the train of thought altogether and going with the flow of the conversation.
SJ: from what i heard from luci the world was gonna get fucked anyways so i guess thats lore
SJ: also nice
SJ: maybe youll finally be able to conjure yourself a girlfriend

Okay, enough of that, you're in letter reading range. You stop sneaking like a weirdo and start reading the letter.​

EM: First of all, rude as shit.
EM: Seriously more important shit going on other than hitting people where it hurts.
EM: Second of all: If I could, that'd probably wont be the wierdest thing going on in this fucking game

You pause from reading the letter and pay attention to your phone.

You consider apologizing for a split second, but don't, because you... well, it's not like a "you dont feel like it" kind of thing, it just doesn't feel like a you thing to do, you guess.

You start typing out something about how him getting a girlfriend would be the weirdest thing by far, but delete it midway through. Something is clearly going on, and you're not a heartless bitch, just an asshole.

Besides, him getting a girlfriend isn't that unreasonable.
SJ: got it cheif
SJ: it won't happen again sir
SJ: ill report back if i find anything
SJ: prowlr out

That was obviously the correct way to respond to things. A perfect balance of... you actually have no idea what the fuck that was. Something does seem off, though; however, you don't want to bring that up in the group chat.

You decide to DM him about the matter.

SJ → EM
SJ: real talk tho
SJ: what did you see

Last edited:
EM -> SJ
EM: What did I see? All i got is desert, sand, darkness and medjed.
EM: And doing a shit ton of alchemy.
EM: medjed just gave me the question of going for lore or going straight for my first level boss...
EM: I wana get lore first, maybe more points for better armor but thats...
EM: Ah, i did have an odd dream...
EM: i was in a large mansion, dressed really fancy, I followed music throughout the halls before coming to a balconey above a ballroom.
EM: I saw the person, or silhouette of the person, playing the piano.
EM: Moment they looked at me I woke up.
EM: No clue what it was about... But I DID wake up in my room after, had to hurry to my computer to help out our fourth ungrateful arse.

SJ -> EM
SJ: odd
SJ: okay i just have this feelin that someones gonna see some really weird shit soon idk
SJ: maybe im just crazy
SJ: wait i have to be to talk to you

You pause, think for a bit, and then continue.​

SJ: oh wait while were dmin
SJ: what do you think happened to matt and enid
SJ: like i get that enid is probably the type to just go offline without a word with this kinda shit but if it was tentacles at least matt would say something right

Last edited:
EM: What a cheeky little minx.
EM: Hmm, Matt and Enid...

You think on this... Knowing the worst outcome is the most likely...

However...
EM: perhaps they are simply in the game in some other area?
EM: perhaps they joined a different session or something?
EM: Either way, it is possible we'll find them down the road, hopefully the four of us will be as well.
EM: Nonetheless, lets focus on the now.
EM: Gear up with a good weapon, maybe some armor or something would help.
EM: Though likely you'll try and take your enemies by suprise,
EM: just don't get hurt alright?
EM: God knows we're in for a long haul here...

(PS TekSoda TekSoda you can cancel your text color by clicking the eraser button on the color changer tab thing, it's right above the okay button, just sometimes hard for me to read your typing... Got the dark theme on cause I'm a night owl.)

Who even says "minx?" He does, you guess, but now you cant tell if he's just pulled out a dictionary or if he's flirting with you. Actually, you don't really want to know.

You're not sure if tumbling down a flight of stairs and stabbing yourself with a grappling hook counts as "getting hurt," but either way he doesn't need to know you did that. Ever.
SJ -> EM
SJ: armors too heavy 8(
SJ: but yeah ill try not to die
SJ: no promises tho

Having said that, you return to reading the letter.

(oh, thanks. you being in dark mode explains some text of ur being a pale blue too lol)​

EM -> SJ
EM: It doesn't have to be heavy, hell I have a kick ass cape. :/
EM: See if you can find something about impulses while your at it.
EM: Medjed is unable to access that info yet.

It was time to leave.

==> Head out in search of lore.​

G nods glitchily, then stops, and sjakes his head.
Wait was that a yes or a no?

After a moment of confusion for both of you, G simply shakily puts his hands up in the motion of 'I have no idea'.
Well, isn't he helpful.

Kimona Kimona
---------------------------------------------------------

The Door is Unlocked.

A
s you step outside, you begin to feel the drizzle of rain.
The night seems to be thick, but you listen through he rain drops and hear...

A tide?
You begin to get very confused.

You also see a light on inside of your home, meaning your family is safe for the time being.

Blemmigan Blemmigan
--------------------------------------------------
MEDJED: Then I suggest you investigate the pub once more.
MEDJED: Like many of the structures here, they are simply more than just for 'looting'.

You think back to the pub...
You hadn't really paid that much attention when investigating, as you wanted to get in and out as fast as possible.
The only notable thing you can remember is that weird glow-in-the-dark skeleton and that weird poster you found.

You turn around to the skeleton.

The skeleton is no longer there.

Orikanyo Orikanyo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Read the Letter.
'Hey, Bill.

I know it's been a while since I've written you, but I feel like it's time we get in touch again.
So, yeah. Amanda's having a grand fit trying to organize everything for the birthday when we have it. Of course, she thinks its weird that I'm writing a letter and not just texting you or something, but you know how she is. Heck, I saw her writing one a few days ago. She must really be excited.
Anyways, I wanted to, y'know, talk with you again. If you're ever open to a conversation or maybe coffee, I'd love to sit down and catch up.
We're about to go get the ultrasound, so I better finish up.
Your Brother,'

The letter once again does not finish itself, with the name not appearing.
You don't know why. You can already infer that this guy is probably Charlie from the first one you read.

You put down the letter and look up.
A fruit bowl is next to the fridge, one that you hadn't noticed before. Those fruits look pretty good about now, and you're pretty tired, but you hold yourself off.

You turn around.
A vase with a few pretty flowers in it sits in the center of the island.

Other than that, there appears to be no more décor in the room.

WAIT.

TekSoda TekSoda

No. Fuck that. You ain't dealing with that shit.
SJ: weepin angel statue thing is in house with me fuck
SJ: somehow stealthy and precise enough to put down vase and get completely out of room w/o me noticin

You equipped a grappling hook way back before you even got here, but it's just now coming in handy. You wield it menacingly, as menacingly as one can hold a grappling hook, as your eyes dart around the room.

SJ: if i die dick i love you

You begin to walk towards the door, looking behind you with every silent step. There's probably a better way to do this, but if there is, you're not sure what it is. Wait.

"Luci, watch my back, 'kay?"

Feeling marginally better, you continue your cautious advance towards the door. Your rapidly accelerating heartbeat is the only sound you make, save for the rustling of clothing and your soft yet rugged breathing. It's not every day that you're scared like this while stealthy. Then again, it's not every day that statues move.
SJ: platonically

With a careful, trained motion, you silently crack open the door to peek out.

You were about to comment and worry about her situation... But.. Well..
That whole platonically thing kinda made you sigh heavily once more.

Life in danger and she still throws you a fast one.​

EM: Dear god... Look mine isn't as freaky as a fucking statue but a damn glowing Halloween skeleton
EM: that spooked me earlier by being in a dark as shit back room
EM: it just disappeared on me.
EM: Ah fucking hell.
EM: Don't you tease me with that bullshit I fear I'm about to enter the god damn BONE ZONE.
EM: Fuck i'm RATTLED
EM: TIBIA honest this isn't really HUMERUS
EM: I hope this NUMBSKULL didn't pull the wool over my eyes.
EM: Fucking kill me.

You really should keep a better eye out for that fucking thing.

Also why did you go into bone puns?

Seriously, shits addicting but not the time.

Now it's time to go play ghost busters with your holy rod and a apparrently possessed fucking glow in the dark skeleton...

You then begin to wonder if it was actually fake..?

FUCK IT GO TO THE PUB WITH YOUR BETTER GLOW STICK!

==> Go to the pub.​

You nod.
"Alright."
"Well, I'm gonna do the dream, thing now."

You say as you lay on your bed.

"It will be easier to communicate if you fuse with something."
"I know that you don't want to, but it would make interactions like these go faster I think G."

"Around here I think is a David Bowie doll/plush my bro gave me."
"If you can find it, that would be great. It's up to use to fuse though."
"I'm not going to force you if you really don't want to dude."

You finish before laying back.
And close your eyes.

Ryou: Sleep==>

==> Go home.​

Seeing your house there is a huge relief, and the light shining there is like a beacon, guiding you back to familiarity and family. Your family! They must be even more freaked out than you were.

You never actually checked that your brother was home, and your mother was either as likely to be working a shift as shen was catching up on sleep, but you decide not to think too hard about that. Because... if they’re not here, then they’re probably dead. So they have to both be here. Besides, that light wasn’t on before.

Maybe you should go inside and wait until morning, and hopefully a change of weather, so you can see where the hell you ended up.

You think for a moment, then run back into the shed and pick the knife up from where it landed. Not because you’ll need it, you tell yourself. You just need to put it back.

The shadow puppet stares at you.

Nils: you going to just float there by yourself?
Nils: your choice.
Nils: just don’t try anything.

Without checking up on it, you walk up to the side door of the house that leads to the kitchen. The booming tidal sound seems louder. It’s not a bad sound- reminds you of family beach holidays- but you know what it means is probably out there.

Wait- there’s an outside light switch in the hallway. If you can turn that on, you can probably see what’s out there. You enter the kitchen door.

Nils: hello?
Nils: mum?
Nils: neil?
Nils: hello??

No answer. Maybe they left the house? You almost run to the hallway to turn on the outside light.

You enter what appears to be a library of sorts.

A good number of bookshelves line the wall, and a large oaken desk sits in the center, with neatly stacked papers and a massive antique globe.
On the wall to the right, there are several maps of the world, including one right behind the desk.

There doesn't appear to be any statues in here.

TekSoda TekSoda
---------------------------------------

You Re-Enter the Pub.

Y
ou find it much more comforting than last time, since you destroyed all of the winged beasts here.
Looking around, you're also wary of the strange skeleton that may or may not have been alive.

Your Holy Stick of Justice shines much more brightly than the Fire Cane, so you can see more around you.

The only notable things earlier were that old poster by the kitchen, and a few pieces of paper lying on the tables.

Orikanyo Orikanyo
-----------------------------------------------

You Awaken.

Y
ou are once again in the strange study from before.
However, the cage you were looking at is gone.

G: Welcome back, Player.
G: Its nice to finally meet you face to face.

Kimona Kimona
—————————————

As you turn on your light, you get scared by where the ground ends.

From where your standing, only a few dozen feet from the window, your own cuts off.
And where it cuts off, you can see it.

The ocean.

Blemmigan Blemmigan

==> Look upon the poster.

Well, that first then the papers.

There is no real rhymn or reason to the order, you just figure you can see more of the poster now that you can actually see. The holy staff really does light up the place better.​

You turn to look at the voice's source.
A part of you still distracted by checking for the items.
You hand feeling your pocket for the papers you picked up.

"Hello."

You say, looking at the source.
Which was?

==> Grab a torch and get a better look.​

Your family keeps a flashlight on top of the fusebox for emergencies. Right now counts as an emergency, so you don't think twice before grabbing it and heading out through the front door.

The house's meagre front garden is still there, intact and visible in the security light: maybe a metre-long patch of ground the width of the house, with a paved path leading through a wildflower-strewn lawn. You walk down it, to the open gate in the knee-high brick wall that lines the front of your family's property. Everything looks normal. Every single stone and blade of grass in place, slick with rain.

On the other side of the wall should be the street, with your family's car parked on the kerb. Neighbouring houses should stretch off to the right in a neat row, and to the left the road ought to bend, leading into town. And, crucially, there'd be no sea for about fifty miles.

You can smell the salt and the ozone even through the rain, confirming with every sense exactly what's in front of you: the sea is here. There's a kind of muddy beach in front of the gate, sloping gently down to the water's edge, where it casually shhhhhes up towards you, and sighs as it draws back.

It's a safe distance away, and... well, you don't exactly hate the sea. You've been to the beach. You've eaten ice cream and had sand blown in your eyes by the inevitable gale-force winds that gather there. It's fine to look at or listen to.

You swing the torch around to the side, illuminating the places that the house light can't reach.

What is not fine is being on what looks like a tiny island in the middle of the ocean.

==> Investigate.​

You stumble over the tiny garden wall and walk around to the side of the house, wielding a light source in one hand and a weapon in another, as though you're preparing to fight the gloom itself. The neighbour's adjoining house has vanished, leaving smooth brick with no hint that anything was ever built onto it. The fence around the back garden is still there, your neat little rectangle of familiarity gathered together. It's as if someone cut out your home like a slice of cake and dumped it here.

It's difficult to see in the rain (and you're getting soaked), but it looks like your fears are confirmed: it's ocean on all sides. You should probably be thankful that the water's not lapping at the sides of the house, but then you start thinking about tides and whether that might happen if you try and wait until morning. Maybe the sand under your feet will end up eroding away from having an entire house dumped on it. Maybe you're going to drown slowly in the dark water, unable to see the creatures hiding in the depths before they start to eat you alive.

Nils: dsfgadhfdgfhsjghghfdgahsjdk

Your manage to snap out of it. No way are you dying here! You don't even know where here is! If this is just another part of that stupid game, then you're going to beat it.

What do you have to do? Build a boat and sail away from this place? Chop down trees for wood? Is this supposed to be Dark Minecraft?

Maybe it wouldn't be far. There might be land out there, close enough to float to, and you only can't see it because the rain and the dark is so bad. But maybe it won't clear up! Maybe there's no daytime here! It would make as much sense as everything else.

You run back inside, and try to stop overanalysing everything. It's time for action. Although you need a balance between "overthinking" and "just throwing shit into the water and seeing what floats".

The torch goes into your jacket pocket, but the outside light is firmly staying on. As is every single light you encounter inside. Soon the place is lit up like a lighthouse, but aside from a couple of promising pieces of furniture (like the bath) you don't find anything that you'd be happy to trust as a boat.

It also serves to confirm that there's no trace of your family. And now you're doubting that they could have left the island. But what if they got dumped somewhere else, and you have to find them? Maybe that's how you win? How can you win a game when you don't know the rules?

==> Demand answers.​

Back to the shed. The house is left illuminated and unlocked, but you're so dazed from running into the night that you almost stub your foot on one of your mother's stupid garden gnomes.

The shadow puppet is still there. You wonder for half a second if it's able to talk, or if it's even conscious, before pointing and yelling at it anyway.

Nils: you!
Nils: make yourself useful.
Nils: where am i? what's the point of being here?
Nils: are you supposed to be my guide or what?
Nils: you're the only one here that's a part of this dumb game, so give me a hint already.

Last edited:
As you hold up the corner of the poster that’s dropping, you read it.

‘Hey there folks!

Tired of Halloween always being so boring?
Come on down to the Haunted Mansion, one of the best haunted houses in the area!

Located in’

And the town name seems to be missing, because of course it would.
On the poster behind the text, is a picture of the attraction it mentions, which reminds you of that silhouette down the road outside.

But what really gets you is that in the picture, the small part of town shown is green.
A forest blooms around the grass behind a few houses.

You look outside, comparing it to the strange cacti and still dunes surrounding the abandoned buildings.

What happened here?

Orikanyo Orikanyo
—————————————

You turn around.

I
t’s your....ghost friend?
But something seems odd about them...

It’s then you notice how smooth they’re acting, and how they almost seem more alive now.

An awakened silence follows this.

Kimona Kimona
———————————-

The dark doll-thing which currently hasn’t a name hovers inside the shed.

Then it quickly starts forwards past you.

You try to follow, and are able to keep a steady pace on the wet grass.

When it stops, you stop.
It’s hovering over the open ocean, a few feet past where the land stops.

You see something move on the sandbar.

Blemmigan Blemmigan

==> Cheerfully walk into the water after your new friend.​

Well, that's not going to happen.

You turn the torch back on, and focus the light on the water underneath the shadow. Thanks to the rain and the rippling on the waves, it's difficult to see what's there, but you're sure that something is moving.

Does it want you to look at something right there, or does it just expect you to just keep following it out further and further?

==> Get a little bit closer.​

You finally take one, tentative step closer to the water.

A wave whooshes up the beach, covering your feet suddenly in cold seawater. You yelp and jump back. Inevitably you slip on the wet sand and fall backwards, flailing in a panic, and slide gracelessly into the ocean shallows.

Well, guess you have your next target, even if going to a "haunted house" is far from being on your schedule. Given the fact it naturally has many places to hide and is generally affiliated with webs, and more importantly spiders.

However, unbeknownst to these spiders.

You got magic.

Though testing your fire magic should be paramount soon. Part of you says "Just feel your way through" is the best approach.

==> Examine the pages.​

You stare at G for a moment.
"So your here too G."
You decide.

"So do you know what this place is?"

You ask as you start to look around again.
What else can you investigate?

You find large stacks of paper intimidating, so you go for the globe. You're not even sure how a globe would represent whatever god-forsaken realm you inhabit that has non-euclidian house design, but familiarizing yourself with where you are is important.

Still in stealth, step by step, you semi-silently sneak your scared self towards the sacred sphere so you can survey and study it scrupulously.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back