• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Darkness Rising OOC

At which point would you like the RP to start?

• They just woke up in the other dimension.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • They already found out they arent normal humans anymore but still have to learn about their skills.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • They came to think of the new world as their home, have basic skills, the 'darknes' is about to come

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 'speed' trough their arrival, etc... and slow back down as the 'darkness' starts to rise.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • other (let me know if you have other suggestions)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Retro Dreamer

This is the out of character chat (ooc) where you can chat, ask questions, give me suggestions about the RP, plot, NPCs and so on. Don't be afraid to give suggestions since it might really help to improve the RP and make it a story we would all like.
*follow RPN rules*​

Could I ask for a few more details about Chanters? Like what kind of chants exist and how exactly they damamge enemies. Thanks : )

Could I ask for a few more details about Chanters? Like what kind of chants exist and how exactly they damamge enemies. Thanks : )
Chanters are rather diverse, some use certain sounds that vibrate with power, some use prayers etc... this classification has a lot of room for a player to decide what they want their chanter to be like. Let your imagination loose hehe.
As for how they work, well with normal people chants (prayers etc...) are just words but a chanter -by speaking those words- puts power into them and makes them work like a sort of spell that attacks, banishes or even kills an evil spirit. Again it depends on the chant and which type the chanter is using but usually they only use one type. (if you watched Saiyuki, for example, someone could use something like the scriptures and activate them with a chant, or they could use something like Aria's who used fatal prayer verses in Blue Exorcist, etc...)

In the lore, spirit warriors are bound to a spirit. Are we allowed to pick which kind of spirit/demon they are? Do they need a human form? Or would the character have like 2 souls in one body? xD Sorry if that seems like a lot.

In the lore, spirit warriors are bound to a spirit. Are we allowed to pick which kind of spirit/demon they are? Do they need a human form? Or would the character have like 2 souls in one body? xD Sorry if that seems like a lot.
Hehe its not a lot, I am here to answer questions after all, well that and RP xD

Players are allowed to pick what kind of spirit they are bound to (think of them as yokai trough, so no gods or whatnot hehe) and you can make the spirit appear in human form as well as their true spirit form but then they wouldn't be able to hold a form for long (meaning appear to others as human) before they would need to leave the human realm and return to the spirit world to get their energy back up.
The bound spirits are able to 'hang around' the human they are bound to for as long as they have enough energy but mostly they appear by being called/summoned when the warrior needs to fight since their energy is limited in 'our world', once they run out of energy they are cast back to the spirit world until their energy returns, which takes different amounts of time depending on the spirits and the bound warriors strength.

I hope that answered your question (: if you have any others don't be afraid to ask.

Edit: Oh and no they only 'have two souls in their body' when they are possessed -temporarily- during a fight.

Hehe its not a lot, I am here to answer questions after all, well that and RP xD

Players are allowed to pick what kind of spirit they are bound to (think of them as yokai trough, so no gods or whatnot hehe) and you can make the spirit appear in human form as well as their true spirit form but then they wouldn't be able to hold a form for long (meaning appear to others as human) before they would need to leave the human realm and return to the spirit world to get their energy back up.
The bound spirits are able to 'hang around' the human they are bound to for as long as they have enough energy but mostly they appear by being called/summoned when the warrior needs to fight since their energy is limited in 'our world', once they run out of energy they are cast back to the spirit world until their energy returns, which takes different amounts of time depending on the spirits and the bound warriors strength.

I hope that answered your question (: if you have any others don't be afraid to ask.

Edit: Oh and no they only 'have two souls in their body' when they are possessed -temporarily- during a fight.
Ooh thank you! So are they more like summoners, where they call them to fight and not so much using their bodies as a host? Or is that possible too?

Ooh thank you! So are they more like summoners, where they call them to fight and not so much using their bodies as a host? Or is that possible too?
Well I initially intended for the spirit to use the spirit warrior's body during a fight but if you really want to I could make an exception so you could have the spirit fight for the spirit warrior instead?

Well I initially intended for the spirit to use the spirit warrior's body during a fight but if you really want to I could make an exception so you could have the spirit fight for the spirit warrior instead?
Oh no! I thought of the same-- where the spirit uses the warrior's body. Hahaha

PinguPingu PinguPingu and anyone else who wishes to make a spirit warrior, I would really appreciate it if you guys would add a short description of your bound spirit and their abilities (: sorry I forgot to add it into the CS and will edit it there as well.

hey, uh, i was wondering something. when it comes to charm users - more specifically the ones that specialize in charmed objects - what would an example of a charmed object be?? like a knife that has the capability of harming a spirit compared to a regular knife that won't do jack or would it be like something else??

hey, uh, i was wondering something. when it comes to charm users - more specifically the ones that specialize in charmed objects - what would an example of a charmed object be?? like a knife that has the capability of harming a spirit compared to a regular knife that won't do jack or would it be like something else??
Exactly lake you said. The charmed object has the ability to harm those from the spirit world while normal weapons can't do anything against them. As to what it would be, well it can be anything as long as its charmed by the user or a shaman (if you want a more powerful weapon they are usually given by a shaman) people would most likely use weapons but the objects can be anything (yeah even something as ridiculous as a pen) (: I hope that helped to clear things up a bit.

Exactly lake you said. The charmed object has the ability to harm those from the spirit world while normal weapons can't do anything against them. As to what it would be, well it can be anything as long as its charmed by the user or a shaman (if you want a more powerful weapon they are usually given by a shaman) people would most likely use weapons but the objects can be anything (yeah even something as ridiculous as a pen) (: I hope that helped to clear things up a bit.
ahhh i see,, thanks for clearing that up! :D

ahhh i see,, thanks for clearing that up! :D
No problem at all (: I'm hehe to help.

Also my dear players please try to provide some diversity so there won't be too many of the same personality types :D so far that didn't happen yet but I thought I should mention it just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back