• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Darkest Depths - Character Sheets

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
Name: (Name of your Dark Scion)

Race: (Most Fantasy races are viable, just have a good reason)

Description: (Written and/or image)

Name of your Dungeon: (What have you taken to calling your new lair?)

History of the Dark Scion: (All villains have a story, what is yours?)

Goals of the Dark Scion: (What drives you, what hunger does the Dark Shard seek to feed?)

First Agent: (Name/Type - Agents modify Actions, improving their odds and creating special opportunities depending on the type used. Initial )
-Crafter (Miners, Smiths, Artisans and Labor)
-Divine (Priests, Clerics, Inquisitors and Crusaders)
-Magic (Wizards, Sorcerers, Occultists and Scholars)
-Martial (Fighters, Barbarians, Knights and Mercenaries)
-Merchant (Traders, Smugglers, Stewards and Black Marketers)
-Shadow (Rogues, Spies, Assassins and Investigators)
-Social (Nobles, Officials, Diplomats and Agitators)

Well Spawn: (Describe what sort of minions spawn from your Well of Darkness to act as your dungeon labor force.)

Stats (Range from 0 to 10. You have 35 points to distribute amongst the seven Stats to flesh out your character. These Stats will be used in your actions rolls to modify dice outcomes. System is d100 with 50 baseline difficulty, modified by player actions and NPC responses. )

Crafting: (Your skill in crafting and managing labor)
Divine: (Your skill in the Divine magic and knowledge)
Magic: (Your skill in the Arcane magic and knowledge)
Martial: (Your prowess as a fighter, raider and military leader)
Merchant: (Your skill in handling the movement of goods and money)
Shadow: (Your skill in operating in the shadows of society)
Social: (You skill in social matters from the courts of kings to the lowliest peasant)

Custom Agenda: (Each Dark Scion gets a custom Agenda oriented towards one of the seven Stats. Flavor it as you like but designate which Stat it assists. While active it will aid in actions involving that Stat at the cost of one point of Dark Power per turn. If you cannot fund the cost, this Agenda will be unavailable until you recover Dark Power.)

Last edited:
peter-lucier-mermaid-queen1.jpg

Name: Antiah

Race: Merfolk

Description: A proud, intelligent, and thoroughly pissed off ruler of her people. She's relatively young, but her cries of indignation and injustice are already making her stand out against more peaceful past leaders.

Name of your Dungeon: Deephold

History of the Dark Scion: The war of the last age has littered her home with corpses and wrecks, making it much more dangerous due to their decomposition, and dangerous predators coming to scavenge.

Goals of the Dark Scion: She wants to claim all the seas for her own, and govern and tax any actions taken on them. This would finally let her people build a worthy kingdom with those resources as well.

First Agent: Kohova/Magic

Well Spawn: A mix of aquatic predators, of varying intelligence and threat levels.

Stats 18

Crafting: 5
Divine: 4
Magic: 10
Martial: 3
Merchant: 7
Shadow: 2
Social: 4

Custom Agenda: Merchant queen: Merchant

Last edited:

scroll.

the priest .

A
rchangel
of pain

Race

Cenobite: The term demon tends to be a coverall for anything not of this world and The Priest fits that's description. However, he is more than just a lone demon thirsting for the soul of one person at a time.

He rules a vast otherworldly domain where untold numbers suffer for eternity, their pain and torment feeding the Priest. The greater the suffering, the stronger he becomes.
Dungeon Name

The Labyrinth: Those unfortunate enough to step foot in the Labyrinth often meet an unfortunate end. They either succumb to the labyrinth to be tormented for all time or they escape it...but they are never truly free. Those who escape are twisted, forged in the image of the Cenobites and all former humanity is lost. What is left is a new agent for the Priest to use to achieve his goals.
History

A being bound by the Dark Lord, upon his death the Priest is now free. His existence is not of this world and only through the pain and suffering of mortals can he affect the mortal world. He and his brethren appear to mortals are messengers and deities, holy in appearance and nature. They prey on the belief mortals have in false gods and use it slowly consume their soul. Once complete, the person is brought to the Labyrinth.

Such is the Priests power now that he and the Labyrinth are now made manifest in the world.
Goal

The suffering of all beings.
Agenda

Archangel of Salvation / Divine
Agent

First Agent: The Angel / Divine

Well Spawn: Mortals who falsely believe they are following the will of a holy entity.

crafting.

0 / 10

The Five are Emerdol's most famous heroes. You might've seen them around. They do show up on every ad, every board, and every channel on TV in the area after all. Are they the most powerful of all the superheroes around? Not necessarily, but they have the star power and the masses love them, and that's just what their agency—Lacrimura—needs and wants. Every superhero wants to be one of them. Not many make the cut. And those who do are fiercely protective of it. So much so that it might not be so much about the heroing anymore and more about being THE super.

divine.

10 / 10

The Five are Emerdol's most famous heroes. You might've seen them around. They do show up on every ad, every board, and every channel on TV in the area after all. Are they the most powerful of all the superheroes around? Not necessarily, but they have the star power and the masses love them, and that's just what their agency—Lacrimura—needs and wants. Every superhero wants to be one of them. Not many make the cut. And those who do are fiercely protective of it. So much so that it might not be so much about the heroing anymore and more about being THE super.

magic.

10 / 10

The Villains are more than just the average petty criminal. They're real threats. Ones that don't care if they're superpowered or not. They find ways to make their will a reality no matter what. It's not quite sure why they do what they do, but in a way, they're just as famous as the Five, if not more. After all, every good hero needs a great villain. Even if the villain isn't half as gifted at destroying things as their heroic counterpart is.

martial.

0 / 10

The Underlings are a villain's best friend. Well, no, villains aren't exactly the type to have friends, but underlings are the closest thing to it. They keep the evil criminal operations running, smoothly I might add, and receive none of the recognition for it. To some, there's nothing wrong with that. They get paid, even compensated for the occasional superhero beatdown, but for others... if you're going to get beat up, wouldn't it be better if it were for your plans, not someone else's?

merchant.

0 / 10

The Gears keep Lacrimura in business. They manage the Five, schedule their activities, are the first to send reporters into the middle of battle, and work hard to make superheroes the one and only focus of the public. They're always on the lookout for a rising star, one who could be a great addition to the Five, and do anything to keep their heroes in the limelight. They're nothing special—powerless like the majority of the world—but they know more about Earth's greatest heroes than anyone else, even more than the heroes themselves, and some of those secrets are things that should never come to light.

shadow.

10 / 10

The Civilians are just that: civilians. They love the heroes, and they hate them just as much. For every hero that stops a robot raging through downtown Emerdol, that's at least twenty civilian homes that have a human-sized hole in the walls because some hero chose to go through their home as a shortcut instead of around. It's hard not to hate your saviors, especially when you're merely a hero's flight path away from living in squalor, but the wonder of being amongst living gods keeps civilians in line. After all, it's not like you can make a group to fight back or do anything about them... right?

social.

5 / 10

The Civilians are just that: civilians. They love the heroes, and they hate them just as much. For every hero that stops a robot raging through downtown Emerdol, that's at least twenty civilian homes that have a human-sized hole in the walls because some hero chose to go through their home as a shortcut instead of around. It's hard not to hate your saviors, especially when you're merely a hero's flight path away from living in squalor, but the wonder of being amongst living gods keeps civilians in line. After all, it's not like you can make a group to fight back or do anything about them... right?

coded by xayah.ღ

Last edited:
dff8140c1a36288e109d7d51ea744dd1.png

Name
Arkos Kallrax

Race
Wight [Human]

Description
When first gazed upon, Arkos appears to be a frightening villain from a child's storybook, a dark knight that has come to steal the princess and duel the fated hero. He stands tall coated in black abyssal plate, a great hammer at his waist and often a large glaive in his hands. His large horned helm has flowing silvery hair that falls down to his waist, a strong visual offset from his black attire. With his heavy clanking footsteps, most would assume the man inside, if it could be called a man, would be some monstrous brute, but that is not so. Within the black armor is a skeleton, a withered husk of what once was a man. Pale white bones with eldritch markings crossing their surface up to a skull with glowing green eyes, even the hair, the long flowing silver hair, is not his own but something attached to the helm to give the illusion of 'life'. The last attempt by a once vain man to hold onto their visage.

Dungeon Name
The Eternal Spire

History of the Dark Scion

Awakening

"Something... Something has happened. I feel like I was in dream, wading through mist and shadow and have finally found the light and woken. I am in a tower, yet I feel something is missing. Some part of me that has been taken and replaced with something sinister, something dark. It claws at the edges of my mind, lurks in the shadows of the room but when I look I see nothing. I don't know where I am or how I got here. I don't even know who I am. Yet things are slowly coming back to me. A sword, a blood coated dagger, screams... A throne that I knelt before. Who am I? Who was I?"​

Shadows of the Past

"I do not sleep, but still I dream. Visions come to me. Visions of a past, of a warrior with flowing hair the color of wheat, scars dot his face and body, but they are worn with pride. Marks of progress, of valor, of superiority. Yes, a great warrior, no, a knight. A knight in service to a friend. My prince. My king. Yes, I swore.. An oath. Yes, an oath. Of friendship. Of loyalty. Of Service. I was a knight, a hero? Yes, a hero. Dashing. Yes, yes, I remember that. There is a face, a figure, a woman that I cannot see. She dances just beyond my grasp. Who is she? What happened to me?"

Ghost of Childhood

"I dream of a man, a stern man with a sterner fist. My father. Aldric. Yes, a Duke of.. some place. I feel the place was once important, yet now it is lost to the fog of memory. I was the third son, the youngest son. My brothers were brave, strong, smart. My father loved them very much. Something was wrong with me. He did not look upon me as he looked upon them. My mother, who was my mother? I have no memory of such a woman. Did she exist? Or does she wait behind another closed door in my mind? Yet I fear I will never know. When I try to conjure images, memories, of her, I feel nothing. A hole in my soul that has always been there, yearning for something that never was. Why did father look at me so? What did I do? Why was I never enough? I.. hated him. Yes. I became knight because I did wish to become part of the 'clergy'. I was so desperate to prove that I did not need him. That I was better then what he believed.. If that was so, why did I always wish for him to look at me as he did my brothers? Perhaps a child never stops yearning for the love that was denied."​

note: scroll

Forbidden Love

"Her name.. Her name was Asha. She had long dark hair with sun kissed skin. Bright emerald eyes that danced in the candle light. Beautiful like some spirit from the sands of the Jeweled Sea.. and she was the wife of Toran, my friend and my king. I loved my friend, loyal to my friend, but my eyes could not help but find her. No matter the distance, or the crowd, I can always spot her, the flower emerging from the stone. I remembered shared gazes, whispers in the dark, envy.. oh, how I envied Toran. For he had the most beautiful prize of all and I coveted. Loyalty began to melt away before desire as what was Duty compared to Love? She loved me back.. Didn't she? The Gods would not keep two destined souls from one another. What I did... What I have done was for love."​

The Truth

"I am a liar. A traitor. A deceiver. My memories, what I saw.. was what I wanted to see. What I tricked myself into believing. Toran was not my friend. He believed me to be his, but I hated him. I loathed him. He had everything, the power. The wealth. The love of his past father and mother and I-I had nothing. Nothing but scars that I preened about like a peacock eager to show my pathetic worth. Where was the justice in that? Why did he have everything while I had the dirt? And Asha, beautiful Asha, I.. did not love her. And she did not love me. I wanted her merely because she represented all that Toran had that I did not. A childish desire to take something from him, and she saw right through me. She wanted nothing to do with me. But I.. I did not take that well. The dagger, when did pull it out? There was so much blood and she grew so pale. What have I done?

Too late. Too late to go back. I had taken my first step on a dark path and I had to keep going. I gathered the nobles that I knew were dissatisfied and I.. Toran rallied his loyalist and together we plunged the realm into war. So much war. So many men and women died, yet still I wanted what was mine. What I deserved. What was owed to me. Toran.. Toran was a good ruler. A good leader. But he was never the warrior I was. I killed him on the Plains of Ash, the fires were so think it was hard to breath, yet even still I roared my triumph into the air as the blood of a good man dripped off my blade. I roared even louder as the blade passed through my spine. Ironic, that a traitor would die by traitor's hands.

How long did I lay dead? Forgotten on that battlefield until 'It' found me and made me its puppet? Its knight, its hammer.. Mindless, subservient to its will. But it is gone, and now I have the power. Now I have my second chance at destiny. I am no longer a man, I am not sure I ever was. I am the monster that had always been within me, and I will finally claim what should have been mine. What I deserve."​

[Made by deer deer ]

Goals of the Dark Scion
Greed and Envy. As a mortal man, his life was consumed by greed and envy. A desire to own and have what was always denied to him, to never look upon another and know they have more, that they are more while he less. As Dark Scion, he will finally have what should have always been his, power, respect.. whatever he lay his searing green gaze upon shall be his.

First Agent
witch-demon-darkness-magical-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Nerine Huynh
Magic [Sorceress]

Well Spawn
Undead

Stats
Crafting: 0
Divine: 0
Magic: 9
Martial: 10
Merchant: 0
Shadow: 8
Social: 8

Custom Agenda
Dread Knight [Martial]​

Last edited:

Name:
Feran Silversun

Race:
Human

Description:

0866b4e2796e685cbd94460a4c58dfcf--ghost-images-anime-male.jpg

Name of your Dungeon:
The Silver Court

History of the Dark Scion:

SilversunHeraldry.png

The Silversuns were a small noble family, whose head was content in maintaining the holdings of the family. Not Feran. He wanted more. He thought his father was a fool who didn't have the willpower or strength to achieve greatness, resenting him for it. In Feran's eyes, the neighboring nobles' lands were juicy targets, ripe for the picking, but his father was too scared to reach out.

There needed to be a change in leadership.

He started with social manipulation and backroom dealings, using his silver tongue and shady connections to get what he wanted from others, ensure their support, and to ensure his plot would fall through. After much preparation, his father was met with an "unfortunate accident." At least, that's what everyone believed. With his father out of the way, Feran took his rightful place as the head of the Silversun family and began to expand his toolset to gain more power.

He applying himself to the books of military strategy and tactics in order to prepare for the invasion of his neighbors, aligning himself with the Dark Lord to achieve his goals. However, this became Feran's undoing. After the Dark Lord was defeated, his lands were carved up and his family all but destroyed. The now fallen noble now returns to exact his revenge on the Forces of Light.

Goals of the Dark Scion:

To exact revenge on those who took what was his and to establish an underground network of connections to sow chaos and unrest in other realms while building up his own power.

First Agent:

Wrynn/Social (Official)

30-esdeath-akame-ga-kill-anime.jpg

Feran's most trusted aide and right hand when he was the head of the Silversun estate. Wrynn has stayed by her liege's side throughout his conquests and even now, after the Dark Lord has been defeated.

Well Spawn:

Shadowfolk

ec7e860065499ca76eda1cc92e9c8633.jpg

Despite their appearances, Shadowfolk do have corporeal bodies and are not beings of mist, as one would often guess from first glance.

Stats:

Crafting: 3
Magic: 0
Martial: 8
Merchant: 4
Shadow: 10
Social: 10

Custom Agenda:
Pulling Strings - Shadow

Backroom dealings, shady connections, bribing or blackmailing officials, all necessary tools of the trade for those trying to sow dissent, chaos, and distrust in society or gather precious information to inform their next move.​

Last edited:
Name:
Abelgard Müller

Race:
Human

Description: 00F83186-B6DC-44DE-B482-773D1EA20823.jpeg

Name of your Dungeon:
Zwingendorf, the Merchant’s paradise

W.I.P

Goals of the Dark Scion:
Gain total of all the markets within the world and attach strings to all leaders of the surface in order to further his own goals

First Agent:
C8475512-26AB-4519-B01C-8D1DBF6AF007.jpeg
Zhanhu, wandering sellsword of another land/Mercenary

Well Spawn:
Desertites (A species of unknown origin seemingly made entirely of shadows, while on the shorter side of the spectrum from 4-5ft tall, these spawn are both rather good speakers and merchants, alongside their skull in sneaking makes them a great minion for the merchant’s paradise.)
62394461-ED80-4C2F-80D1-A359284BD7C1.jpeg

Stats:
Crafting: 7
Martial: 2
Merchant: 10
Shadow: 8

Custom Agenda: Merchant’s sweet talk; Social

Name: Captain Dagget Dagger

Race: Goblin

Description: unknown.png

Name of your Dungeon: The Golden Grotto

History of the Dark Scion: Goblins have always been seen as the lowest of the low, the bottom of the totem pole. But Captain Dagget Daggerson was not a Goblin that viewed his people that way. He knew that they could be fierce if unorthodox fighters and warriors. They would do whatever it would take to win, not just use pure strength. I mean, how could they? Goblins were much smaller than other races. Daggerson used his raw power along with his endless guile to reach the highest that a Goblin could reach within the underlings of the Overlord. They had shown his people a kindness that others had not. And it was for that reason alone that he followed them.

When the Overlord had fallen, it was a sad day for all, but also the start of a new dawn for goblin kind. Now, he could do what many had wished for and begin to ravage the surface and stake out a claim from the ruins of the civilizations of light.

But Daggerson had a better idea. Games of Chance. He would turn his realm, with his powers gained from the Late Overlord and focus on the greed of both those from among the Light and the Dark. He would create a haven of lust and greed and all kinds of good times for all. It would be a haven of peace for beings of Light and Dark to pall around without having to kill each other.

It became his dream to have a Golden Grotto filled with gleaming sparkles and smiles. And of course., his customary fees. He was running a business here, after all.

Goals of the Dark Scion: To improve the lot of Goblin Kind by turning the Golden Grotto into the most luxurious and wonderful Las Vegas type underground location that both the Forces of Good and Evil can exist within to spend both their Ill and hood gotten gains.

First Agent: Lady Orion/ ShadowSpy Extraordinaire
1660519988422.png

Lady Orion was among the first of Daggerson's followers who actually saw the reasoning of his Golden Grotto. A place of decadence and a sin of vice. Why, think of all the secrets that could be gained there. And what the good Captain would be able to do with that. Why, he could keep a balance between the light and the dark with such secrets and control the flow of information like wine from a casket. He could become the true power and the next Dark Lord.

Well Spawn: Various goblinoid creatures ranging from normal goblins to Hobgoblins and Bugbears usually.

Stats:

Crafting: 10
Merchant: 5
Shadow: 5
Social: 5

Custom Agenda: Dark Elf Courtier (Bonus to Social)

Last edited:
mike-franchina-cardinal-of-malady.jpg

Name: The Blighted Baron

Race: Blighted

Description:

Name of your Dungeon: The Blighted Lands

History of the Dark Scion: Legends speak of how the Dark Lord suddenly rose and began to overwhelm the lands during the dawn of the Age of Madness in a surprise invasion. Yet, such tales of how the dastardly Dark Lord took the forces of Light by surprise is a convenient tale to enable the people to sleep peacefully at night. The Blighted Baron remembers the past with acute clarity. In a different life the Blighted Baron was once a marquis of one of the numerous kingdoms. His march was precariously located on the borderlands of the Mountains of Madness, and he was tasked to serve as a sentinel... always watching for the rise of the Dark Lord. Expeditions, scouting parties, adventurers... the Marquis had spent fortunes to keep a eye on the movements of the Dark Lord to the best of his abilities. Most of these ventures did not return, but the few that did... they provided valuable intelligence that something was deeply wrong.

Thus, the Marquis send word to the mighty Lords and Ladies of the Light that the Dark Lord began to stir and that they had to begin to respond if they were to prevent a calamity. Yet, the folly of mortals and the evil that hide in the deepest corners of their hearts and minds persevered. Some opportunistic and ambitious Lords, Arch-Bishops, and other sovereigns saw this as an opportunity to pursue their own agendas in the midst of the chaos and emergency. The Marquis could see the writing on the wall. There would be no unified response... not in time at least to save his lands and people. The Marquis, the people, and his lands were simply the canary left to die first in this coming catastrophe. Thus, the Marquis sent his family to trusted friends in distant lands... hoping that the coming war would stay far from them, and offered to bend the knee to the Dark Lord to save his lands and people.

Abandoned by the powers that represented the Light, the Marquis was welcomed by the Dark Lord, but at a cost. Whether it was through foul, dark magic, or the corrupting divine will of the Darkness, the Marquis began to change... boils formed and his body soon became contorted in the coming months. So severe was the physical changes that none would have been able to identify the Marquis and indeed... the months of torture and pain had effectively killed the Marquis as his mind became distorted. The Blighted Baron was born, a willing servant who had then been shaped to become a great lieutenant in the machinations of the Dark Lord and the will of the Darkness.

Goals of the Dark Scion: Revenge... wrath... family?

First Agent:

i2ialzwex9681.jpg

Jophiel the Ascended
-Divine

Jophiel is an angel in service to the Darkness who manifested itself when the Blighted Baron began his process of mutation, guiding the Baron through the metamorphosis and serving as his first loyal advisor and agent.

Well Spawn: Miscreants: heavily deformed, mutated humanoids, lepers, other physically misshapen, social outcasts/pariahs.

Stats (Range from 0 to 10. You have 35 points to distribute amongst the seven Stats to flesh out your character. These Stats will be used in your actions rolls to modify dice outcomes. System is d100 with 50 baseline difficulty, modified by player actions and NPC responses. )

Crafting: 3
Divine: 10
Magic: 6
Martial: 6
Merchant: 2
Shadow: 4
Social: 4

Custom Agenda: The Blood of the Covenant (Divine)

Last edited:
Name: The Blacksmith

Race: Human

Description: ddf3a9ab046e2d6f33024ea502f61015.jpg

Name of your Dungeon: The Forge

History of the Dark Scion: A thousand years, a thousand swords, a thousand axes, and thousands more. That was all that The Blacksmith knew, he remembered little of what he was before and knew that he never would. He cared little though, for all that mattered to him was the next ingot of material he would turn into a new product of his craft. A thousand years before he had joined the Dark Lord in his conquest, supplying much of his armies with their equipment, but he was never satisfied, always craving stronger and rarer materials to propel his craft ever further.

With the death of his Lord, The Blacksmith has decided that it is high time he stands on his own and supply what remains of the forces of evil in order to supply his continuing experiments.

Goals of the Dark Scion: The creation of the strongest weaponry, armor, and other assorted items in all the realm

First Agent: Dervan Rakesail, Martial

Well Spawn: Humanoid creatures, capable of little more than the most basic of actions in most case but who are knowledgeable about mining as well as the basic skills of crafting and enchanting, allowing their master to focus on the more difficult tasks he prefers.

Stats
Martial: 3
Merchant: 2
Shadow: 0
Social: 0

Custom Agenda: Experimental Materials, Crafting

Name: Morbrukk, The Skulltaker

Race: Mutated Orc

Description:
d9g2mgc-4830451b-3c5e-487a-a806-a604a226b03e.png

Name of your Dungeon: The Flesh Pits.

History of the Dark Scion: Morbrukk was once a favored servant of the Dark Lord, one of his most promising generals and commander of his armies. Entire regions quaked at the merest mention of his name, and mothers hushed terrified children into sleep by threatening them with his arrival. His position even attracted the envy of other servants, who thought it unfair that such a brute should be affored titles and honors simply for being effective at single-minded slaughter. They didn't say so to his face, of course, not after he took to wearing the skull of one who dared make such a claim. Thus, a different plan hatched.

Soon Morbrukk was dispatched to the surface to obliterate a city, but every step of the way setbacks kept plaguing him. Assassins kept picking off his finest leaders, rabble-rousers incited infighting amongst the troops, and supply wagons always came up short. What's more, the enemies of the Dark Lord always seemed forewarned, somehow, of the exact route he would take, and of the exact strategies he would use. The campaign was a complete failure. With most of Morbrukk's soldiers dying a horrible death, he crawled back to his master, speaking of what had happened, of treason and spies within their ranks.

The Lord would not have it. Whether he thought all those mere excuses or he believed that someone weak enough to be so easily infiltrated was unworthy of a position. With but a wave of his hand, in a show of terrible power, he mutated Morbrukk, contorting his flesh into a form "more suitable for a bull-headed fool", before casting him down, putting him in charge of the lowliest peons in his armies. But Morbrukk refused to relent. Employing the services and magicks of a cabal that had similarly fallen out of favor, Morbrukk improved and molded a new army as he had envisioned it, an unending tide of savagery that could not be stopped by trickery alone, just like a rolling boulder. Even disgraced as he was, he was still loyal to the Dark Lord, carrying out his every command to the best of his ability.

But now his master is dead, and Morbrukk finds himself once again surrounded by those that, in his mind, still scoff and sneer at his mere presence. And with no one to contain him anymore, he has decided-this will no longer stand

Goals of the Dark Scion: Morbrukk wants to forge a legacy to last a thousand years, to sample the finest things in life...And to forever silence all who would mock him, whether through respect, or, more likely, fear.

First Agent: Sir Mekenfask, The terror of the grey spire. A fellow disgraced commander of the Dark Lord, this arrogant and vain duellist joined with Morbrukk for protection and mutual benefit.(Martial)
yaroslav-radeckiy-83.jpg

Well Spawn: Raiders are the bread and butter of Morbrukk's army, Vat-spawned humanoids of greater size, strength, and stamina than the average human, but also considerably more aggressive and notably less intelligent than the latter, as well. Despite being bred primarily for war, they can be made to work, although their temperament makes overseeing them difficult.
dd3aaca5c7ccfde445c9549b9c7a14e7.jpg
warhammer_chaos_army-attack.gif

Stats:

Crafting: 6
Divine: 6
Merchant: 3

Custom Agenda: Unstoppable Onslaught(Martial)

Last edited:
~ Fabian ~

1660942098312.png

Race:
Elven

Name of your Dungeon:
Factoria

Fabian began his life as a child in one the great Elven forest-cities that spanned the vast natural world upon the Surface. Like many other Elves, Fabian studied and practiced magic for centuries, and like many other elves he eventually became a master in the arcane. Unlike many other elves, however, Fabian's point of fascination lay not with the natural, but with the artificial. Fabian even travelled to the dwarven settlements spread across the land, and he lived amongst them for a time. Whilst he lived with them, he learned of their ways and crafts, learning of their mining and smithing and industry and their sense of innovation. All things the elves despised. Fabian was inspired by the dwarves, and his mind filled with possibilities, possibilities beyond the reach of dwarves. But not of the elves.

When Fabian returned to his homeland, intent to bring all he had learned with him, but he would be greeted by the stony, disapproving faces of his people. Fabian's studies had not gone unnoticed, and his people were disgusted with him. They offered Fabian an ultimatum. "Renounce all you have learned, or be exiled forevermore."

Fabian, however, was aghast and incensed.

"But... with all I have learned, I can create for our people wonders unimagining! I can create for us a new age, a golden age, one of endless abundance and limitless possibilities! With the dwarves knowledge and our magic, we could build a world greater than both! You expect me to simply forget such things?! To surrender the vision of such a world?!"

Fabian received no answer. They had decided long ago, countless millennia ago, that Fabian's ideas would not be welcome among them. Refusing to comply, Fabian could only turn his back upon his people and leave his homeland forever. He would try his luck elsewhere, he settled, but nothing is ever so simple. Fabian tried to appeal to other societies, stepping into the halls of kings and emperors and merchant princes, but one by one they would turn him away. None were moved by Fabian's words. Fabian was always admittedly better with spells and books than with speech. Even the dwarves cared not for his vision, fearing too much what an 'automated economy' would mean for their workforce. It seemed, for a time, that all was lost.

Until the Dark Lord sent for him.

Fabian attracted the attention of at least one powerful ruler. When Fabian stood in the dark halls of the Dark Lord's great bastion, the master of this domain listened to the elf. After Fabian had said his piece, and a measure of unbearable silence, the Dark Lord finally agreed. In exchange for the Dark Lord's patronage, Fabian would unleash these technological wonders, and grant them all to the Dark Lord to use. Fabian, far too excited and relieved to think twice, readily agreed. Suddenly, Fabian had all the support and resources he needed, and he set to work. After decades of research and development, Fabian had finally finished his first working prototype, his first Automaton. Forged from steel, Automata were magically animated machines formed like men, bound to the will of their creator and utterly tireless in all they do. And they did much. They mined, they forged, they smithed, they shaped, and they built. They built everything.

Fabian's humble group of automata soon became a endless legion, one that brought the Dark Lord seemingly endless material wealth. And with the Dark Lord's enrichment came his growing favour and approval, allowing Fabian to deepen his research, reaching for ever greater and more ambitious possibilities. It seemed that nothing at all could stop the ceaseless march of progress.

And then, quite suddenly, the Dark Lord fell. And with the Dark Lord, all that Fabian had achieved was gone in the blink of an eye.

Goals of the Dark Scion:
Rebuild the high-tech industrial economy that once laboured under the Dark Lord, and use its limitless wealth to dominate the world

First Agent:
Zero Zero Zero One (Miner)

Well Spawn:
Automata

Stats:

Martial: 0
Merchant: 10
Social: 5

Custom Agenda:
Hyper Efficiency (Merchant)

Name: The Arch-Sorceress, The Grand Serpent, The Terrible Wyrm(Rumor has it that one was started because her direct followers were tired of her shit and wanted something else to call her), Sereaenne

Race: An Ancient Draconic Lamia

Description: She has a strangely soft reputation which tends to color peoples expectations. They hear about an eccentric, lazy old serpent that just wants knowledge and amusement, and assume certain things. Then they meet her, and realize what the term Draconic Lamia means. Her tail is immense, thicker than quite a few men stacked together, covered in durable draconic scales, and incredibly long. Her scales are a black and red that the mind can seem to disregard as a structure, until it moves and you realize exactly how long it goes on. After all of that, her actual body is almost an anti-climax. Almost. Still over-sized, at about seven feet tall from the waist up, she is broad, thick, and has the casual muscle of someone who does just enough. Her skin is distinctly brown, but also clearly under-sunned. Her hair is black, long, and well-maintained, with a set of intricately decorated iridescent black horns nested among them. Her face has a regal majesty, only mildly disturbed by her terminal distraction, with glowing red snake eyes, and alarming snake fangs glimpsed in her mouth. Additionally obvious black scales creep up her back and sides, but her “skin” is technically more akin to the less defensive smaller scales on the belly. Mind you, less defensive than dragon-scale.

Name of your Dungeon: The Serpent’s Oasis

History of the Dark Scion: She is very old, and rather unknown. Most are unsure if she is even a member of a species per se, or has simply ventured so deep into the arcane that she has reshaped her body. She tends to tell a variety of tales on the matter herself. She is, or perhaps more accurately wasn’t even especially tied to darkness, at least before the shard. She was recruited from her study in a distant depth to be a court wizard of sorts, and went freely to learn more of the previous Dark Lord’s mastery of magic.

Given her disinterest in matters of court, and generally laid-back and highly curious air, many viewed her poorly, rumors even briefly arising that she was a concubine, even when her gaze only lingered on other women. These rumors quieted when she was first attached to an army, and it’s soldiers returned a good deal paler and maintained a healthy distance from her. As she continued in her role people quickly learned she was a powerful and versatile Sorceress, who rarely moved martially without inflicting devastation.

The courtiers themselves never grew to respect her disinterest in their matters, but other members of the court mostly did. She was eccentric, easily bored, and often deeply strange, but that is often the nature of those who delved deep into magic and it’s nature. She rarely showed interest in any but other learned mages, or those with sparks of potential. She studied with a few individuals, and taught here and there, but primarily studied. Not to say that she did not have her strange habits and effects on the court. The most memorable of which being her habit of studying magic in-doors while leaving her tail outside, frequently causing people to confuse it with a bizarre, long, low hill. Most learned in time.

Then the Dark Lord fell. In all honesty it was all a touch anti-climactic for her. They regarded each other well as colleagues, and she mourned the loss of knowledge, but she had never been a true believer. She suspects he only gave her a shard because of her raw power and what little he knew of her ancient past, but she has yet to decide whether she wishes to truly pursue this. In the meantime she has taken to the dark maze and formed a simple oasis, false sun, water, green rolling hills, it is a place that almost makes you forget it’s location, edged by strange, uncanny mountains.

There is a small village in it’s center around the water, and there and in caves in the mountains, she and her people gather. Students and masters of the divine and the arcane, with the rare martial expert or family member. They learn, teach, and study the depths of magic, with the most coveted teacher being the Grand Serpent herself. Their defenses are as odd as their leader. Invaders often find no people at all, with the rare soon disappearing sighting, and sparse but present loot. It’s only when they return home that they realize their member has begun to rot off, and their forces have come down with a variety of hex-plagues. Even if cured, few return. Only those of interest see people, and it is a rare person that sees the lady herself.

Goals of the Dark Scion: Knowledge, Magic, Amusement

First Agent: Annabelle/Magic. A tiny pink catgirl, perpetually overworked, harried and distracted, occupied by the machinations and eccentricities of her teacher and boss. As cute as she is, it is worth remembering that she is currently Seraenne’s main apprentice and favorite student. She is an incredibly dangerous warmage in her own right, utilizing suits of immense magical armor she casts around herself.

Well Spawn: Rarely used, but finely honed, her minions favor quality over quantity. Immense scaled monster s, from basilisks to greater serpents, to the rare drake. Much of the actual work around her home is done by apprentices and magic.

Stats

Crafting: 5
Merchant: 0

Custom Agenda: True Arcane Master. She has studied and become an exceptional user of divine magic as well, but her true mastery lies in the depths of the arcane. Even still she studies ever-more into the depths of magic, whatever it’s source.

Yvonne, Herald of the Vanguard, Servant of the Rank and File, the Great Avenger
1663722848585.jpeg

Race: Human, possibly with some orcish heritage considering her ethnic background

Name of your Dungeon: Freehold

The Beast Lord was among the most cruel and sadistic of the fallen Dark Lord’s generals. A vile and disgusting dragon his dread host enslaved countless millions to fight in his name. Chaining them constant terror and an unflinching degradation of the weak.

He imposed a strict hierarchy with his cunningly bred serpentine spawn commanding the vast hordes of man, orc, goblin and dwarf. Punishment was inflicted with a sadistic glee. Draconic Hybrid War Beasts gorged on the lowly conscripts with abandon. Cowardice was met by ritual dismemberment, with the offender’s comrades being forced to tear them apart limb from limb. Hope was an agonising dream and the slightest misstep meant death.

Yvonne was one of the few humans who were born into this little hell. Having known no other life, the masters put more trust in her to command her fellow soldiers. She proved more capable and brave then most and was thus prompted into the Vanguard. An elite force of cannon fodder. Only marginally better equipped but the first to taste the blood of the deadliest enemies. Oh so glorious they were.

Here she was most excellent. A survivor at heart, she had intuitive grasp of the craft of foraging and supplying her squad with the necessities of war. As a fierce fighter she weathered many battles, leading by example and earning minor fame amongst the lowliest. But that is all it was. The peak of her career. Her life a constant unceasing trudge from violence to misery. Just tiny part of a massive whole. Fundamentally pointless and of no consequence.

And then the Dark Lord was slain.

The Beast Lord fled the massacre, abandoning the core of his army and half his senior officers. Paranoid, manic chaos followed in the wake of his black wings. The serpentine masters to distracted by settling old petty grudges to combat the genocidal fervour enflaming their soldiers. Many now rising up and slaughtering all of the fucking lizards in reach of their axes. Turning their fury onto each other as all cohesion was lost.

In this bloodbath a plot was hatched within the Vanguard. It had maintained itself much better the rest of the army, and had developed a desire for true revenge. The company caught up with the fleeing Beast Lord’s outpost and the forces he managed to keep ahold off. They used their prestige and years of service to convince him of their loyalty. A small cadre of senior conspirators, Yvonne among them, planned an ambush. Many traps prepared and hidden by scouts. They waited for the decrepit Dragon to be isolated form his other loyal forces before striking hard and fast with overwhelming force.

Yvonne was the only survivor. The Beast Lord was dead at her hand. And she carried the Dark Lord’s power.

Marshalling her former general’s scattered army was almost east at that point. Putting an end to the bloodshed. With them assembled, she claimed that she had wrest out the Dark Shard from the Beast Lord. Winning it in a contest of will. Slew him like the monster he was. She declared there would be no more tyrants. That she was a humble servant, a solider like them all. Now all of them, from humans to orcs, were equal citizens who had won their liberty. They were Vanguard of the Fire that will engulf the World.

Goals of the Dark Scion: “I have given everything to the cause. Everything. My blood, my sweat, my tears. I will not tolerate treachery, no threat to our salvation. There will be no weakness of heart or spirt. Freedom and Equality will come from Obedience and Sacrifice.”

First Agent: Ocha/Divine - an orc shaman and occultist. She is a devotee of the World Mother but her mind wonders to the more esoteric practices. They are the chief propagandist of Yvonne’s reign and her closest confidant.

Well Spawn: The Renewed. Our dead shall rise again, pure and true. Their sacrifice the foundation of our conquest. Their pain the muse of our eternal triumph.
So restless is our devotion. So noble is our cause.

In place of new creatures, the Vanguard’s Well of Darkness resurrects their fallen but not as undead. The Renewed are not kindred to vampires or zombies. They are fully living beings albeit more… pure. Less polluted by unnecessary thought.

Stats:
Crafting: 7

Martial: 9

Merchant: 6

Shadow: 5

Custom Agenda: The Eternal Revolution (Social)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back